• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Hello Smashers! I have no problem raising the pot fee to $10 for the 'monthly'. I had a few guys last month ask me about the pot fee (which happen to be most of the better players) to be increased to $10 and had a few guys who didn't want to enter because they didn't want to donate $5 to the winners. You can never make everybody happy, but if majority wants to raise the pot fee for the 'monthlies', let's do it this month.

Tournament on June 20th will be:
$5 door fee
$10 Pot fee for singles
$20 Pot fee for teams ($10 each player)
Read the quote.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Octix no johns.
The azn smashers have it 1000x more harder than you when it comes to traveling.
So no, those are not legit johns when you compare them to what other smashers have to go through to travel.

Also. Dogy knows what the **** he is talking about. But let me share some insight on how this industry works, in case of some of you are blind(Which seems to be the case):
Majority of the publishers publish games not because they think the game is amazing, but because they believe it will sell. If they did'nt think they would make money off the game(even if the game is drop dead amazing to some people), then they would sell it at lesser quantities or not at all. This is the case with absolutely everything that is sold anywhere.
With video games specifically, majority of games these days are being made easier for the simple reason that the audience these days(all the kids of this generation) is well..to put it simply, lazier and really bad at video games for the most part(Not all of them, but majority of them. This is my personal opinion, but they are indeed lazier). Even if you look at other industries such as the music and movie industry(a lot more so the music industry), people's taste of what is quality has gone extremely down to the point they will practically listen to anyone at all and to whatever they produce(look at how popular Soulja Boy is and all the extremely random ****ty bands that are popping up faster than cockroaches).
Just look at the popular multiplayer games of today if you need physical examples:
Halo 3, Brawl, Street Fighter 4.
Please, please argue with me that these 3 games are not extremely dumbed down and made a lot easier to play, learn and master than their predecessors. I'd go as far as to say they are almost pick up, play, and wow look your one of the best players already in a matter of days! Yep. I went that far.
Now. I fully believe that none of you are that ******** and you all agree with me when it comes to this and i'll continue with my point.

Looking at the market today, majority of brawl players who actually legitimately enjoy brawl are high schoolers. They are today's young generation and this is what they enjoy. With this trend, you have to appeal to your market and therefore you can't make things too dificult. For majority of companies, the main market are not hardcore gamers like you and I. I'll even go as far as to say as for some companies the market is not even targeted towards gamers at all(Like Nintendo for example).The market is targeted towards EVERYBODY. Everybody does not play video games normally. So if they lose too quickly they will give up easily.

So the market is everybody or when it comes to gamers they are most likely targeting today's generation(I hope I'm not making anything too confusing...), and because of this we will definantly see a continued increase on games becoming more and more easier as time passes by.

The trend now is that indie games are becoming more and more catered towards the hardcore market who enjoy extremely tough games. I would not be surprised to see this growing as well.

Man do I hope the industry changes soon >__> The current industry now is definantely not what I wanted to work in years ago.

D0N

Smash Ace
Are any of the infinates, be it character specific or ice climbers, legal? Since even laser locking is banned im guessing all infinates are banned but I just want to be sure.

Player-3

Smash Hero
careful Albino, I may pick ICs back up just for you in that case:)
or you could choose...
falco
;D

btw next waba im at i intend to astound with my cf

its gotta quite a bit better from the **** it was before

>;D

and then play melee singles
if it happens

Rayku

Smash Lord
Biglou

his snake is so ****.

scatts snake is pretty good too..
BigLou's Snake is really different from any other Snake I've ever fought. I always feel pressured against him, no matter what situation I'm in.

Also, @ Octix: What's him saying he's the best Lucario to you xD

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Are any of the infinates, be it character specific or ice climbers, legal? Since even laser locking is banned im guessing all infinates are banned but I just want to be sure.
i dont think infinates are banned, but if you do it to stall or anything in that matter then yes, infinates arent banned, stalling is.

GTR!

Smash Journeyman
BigLou's Snake is really different from any other Snake I've ever fought. I always feel pressured against him, no matter what situation I'm in.
So true.

P.S. Elliot has a good snake too.
1. Biglou
2. Scatt
3. Elliot/Zom~B
4. Everyone else
Official GA Snake Power Rankings?

Waba

Smash Apprentice
WaBa has a Monthly Lock In Event, if peeps are interested:

9pm to 7am...ALL NIGHT LOCK IN PARTY AT WABA!

$10 in advance
$15 at the door

Includes:

Console Gaming
PC Gaming (+$3/hr)
Dancing (Session Cyphering)
Movies on a 200inch HD screen
Table Tennis
Billiards
FREE Food* (grilled cheeseburgers and hot dogs)
Group Party games
Tournament Center Open Play
Waba Game Open Play

Start Time:
Friday, June 12, 2009 at 9:00pm
End Time:
Saturday, June 13, 2009 at 7:00am

3585 Peachtree Industrial Blvd.
Duluth, GA

Phone:

Email:
wabagames@yahoo.com

Join Us this weekend for our monthly Lock In Party!:)

Player-1

Smash Legend
So...I refreshed the page and then there was 10+ pages in just a few hours so back to things a few hours ago >.>

Didn't last time we play melee, p3, I destroyed you ^.^?

I like halo 3's campaign just because of the last level, I've done that level soooo many times with p2, p3, and some other random thing, we usually just drive the warthog and then one of us will get ahead of the others and then they'll get messed up spawns and then we laugh =D.

I also went and bought a new halo 3 disc cause mine was scratched and wouldn't load half the campaign maps and I couldn't watch the theater mode with friends. So then I decided to try and do the Bungie Mythic Challenge and try to do all levels on the Mythic difficulty (legendary + all scores and scoring on + you not being able to die), and I've managed to complete the 2 easiest levels so far out of 9.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero

$10 in advance
$15 at the door

Includes:

Console Gaming
PC Gaming (+$3/hr)
Table Tennis
Billiards
Group Party games
Waba Game Open Play

Start Time:
End Time:

Duluth, GA

Phone:

Email:
wabagames@yahoo.com

wow, free food... might just go to this....

D0N

Smash Ace
hmm... Id MM you Albino, but my IC are too rusty right now and I dont have my wii with me.

You win this round, but if we meet in tourney ill have something else for you.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero

$10 in advance
$15 at the door

Includes:

Console Gaming
PC Gaming (+$3/hr)
Table Tennis
Billiards
Group Party games
Waba Game Open Play

Start Time:
End Time:

Duluth, GA

Phone:

Email:
wabagames@yahoo.com

so yeah, how 'bout this?

Top Bottom