• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Social Thread

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
once you start picking up MK to cover your bad matchups you begin to realize that every matchup is a lot less aggravating... why both learning how to play against a certain character when MK does it so much better anyway?

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
once you start picking up MK to cover your bad matchups you begin to realize that every matchup is a lot less aggravating... why both learning how to play against a certain character when MK does it so much better anyway?
I have had the opposite experience in my past. Every matchup becomes MORE aggravating when I click on :metaknight: over :wario:

milesg2g

Smash Champion

That's not always the case lol.

I still don't play the following matches w/ MK:

Diddy
Fox
Lucario (depends)
Sheik or Zelda(depends as well because of her gay GR on Ness lol)
Snake(Depends on level and set)
Yoshi
Olimar
Sonic (even though I could easily lol)
Peach(even though I could as well lol)
Lucas

I think even Pit lol

And all that is due to MU exp. and/or me just being more comfortable w/ another character.

The truth is picking up another character that performs better than your main whether it's MK or any other character, can sometimes exploit the characters weakness and help you w/ the MU w/ your main. But I mean if it's not necessary for you to use your main why take the risk?

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero

Diddy
Fox
Lucario (depends)
Yoshi
Olimar
Lucas

I think even Pit lol

And all that is due to MU exp. and/or me just being more comfortable w/ another character.

The truth is picking up another character that performs better than your main whether it's MK or any other character, can sometimes exploit the characters weakness and help you w/ the MU w/ your main. But I mean if it's not necessary for you to use your main why take the risk?
oh, i know why you pick up secondaries. the point being that MK can do better than any other character you pick up, and often with enough work better than your actual main. look at the last MLG: every single person lounis played was a MK. why? because he has no real counters. why go in with a character that may do poorly in a matchup when you can go straight MK and never be at a disadvantage?

DRN

Smash Lord
you of all people should know that if you play the game competitively that winning > fun.
Your saying this to a person who picked zss over falco in the long run. Its true i dont like to lose but i still want to have fun while playing, so they are both equally important to me. I guess u can say winning with my character of choice=fun

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Dedede vs Ness is doable.
Dedede vs Marth is very doable.

Ness vs. D3 is only doable on certain stages. (Specifically CP's) Other than that, Ness gets wrecked. Ness has horrible ground game. and D3 has excellent ground game. It's just a matter of grabbing him and while a good Ness isn't easy to grab it's still gonna happen lol. Ness can't just Kill D3 like people think. His bthrow is like his best option and if you stale it, guess what? You're not gonna kill him lol. Off stage a bair lock will just kill Ness. or side b to gimp is even safer lol.

Marth on the other hand I can agree but I still believe it's gay. Doesn't mean it can't be practiced and learned though

oh, i know why you pick up secondaries. the point being that MK can do better than any other character you pick up, and often with enough work better than your actual main. look at the last MLG: every single person lounis played was a MK. why? because he has no real counters. why go in with a character that may do poorly in a matchup when you can go straight MK and never be at a disadvantage?

I get what your saying.

It's just that I'd rather be known as a Good Player rather than a Good Character.

And Idk how many times I'll have to repeat that to people that ask about my secondaries or characters in general lol. haha but I do get what your saying.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
you played me with mk, miles
That's because you banned Brinstar xD lol

It's not that I wouldn't play you w/ Ness because that's what I should've done game 3 tbh. I didn't ban FD because I was think it'd be a fun Mu to play but I didn't play w/ my main on FD against diddy lol so it wasn't fun. I should've known better because I'm sure you can beat MK on FD w/ diddy pretty well. But I mean I learned from it lol

and Billy (Snake) ;o

I used MK on Billy because I actually wanted to see how well it'd do. After playing him and Raf in Dubz I felt a little confident w/ my Mk against Snake. I also played w/ Pain,LOL:), and Grief using MK vs Snake. So I wanted to put it to the test. Not to mention if I'd picked Ness he'd just gone Sheik probably and CG me across the stage lol.

Player-3

Smash Hero
because metaknight can't spike

if mk had ANY form of a spike i'd main him LOL

Dedede vs Ness is doable.
Dedede vs Marth is very doable.
yes ddd vs marth is doable

however everytime i play that matchup it makes me want to string babies to a car radiator by their toes even if i win

T3h Albino

Smash Master
I mean, that same thing applies to me when I play dedede vs falco but I just deal with it.
Some matchups just aren't fun, but to become a better player you kind of have to just overcome it and deal with it. I mean this is coming from the guy who's had about 12 different secondary s in the past year and none of them worked out *cept IC's and MK a lil*. I still get the best results when I go only dedede, because not only is he my best character, but even in the matchups that make me want to drown malnourished african babies I'm still having fun playing the character I love.

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
I don't know. When ppl dedicate an ample amount of time with a character they enjoy playing, then sometimes the match ups they know best are their worst match ups. With that said, when you play a really good player in a difficult match up the match can seem frustrating, but it makes you a better player, because you learn what you can and can not do REALLY well. ~Examples~ When i mained D3, i hated playing Calvin. It was a difficult match up that i got scraped when playing because Calvin is too good. But in my beatings, i learned a lot of neat stuff. I used to really like playing Falcos with D3 because i felt like i REALLY knew the match up. It's like George and mk~ 4GOD plays against michaelis ALL THE TIME. No D3 likes playing against mk, but when i watch George play, it's obvious that he knows the match up REALLY well. I find it funny when ppl play a pocket mk. MK da bess~ this is a proven fact. I play a character for the sole purpose of being able to beat mk (i just happen to be able to beat other characters too), but i have fun winning :D winning is my verb

Player-3

Smash Hero
i tried dealing with it alby

i still lose every time

then i pull out pocket mk vs 4god out of frustration and take a game

>_>

bbq lets $1 mm in melee next monthly if you go or something

milesg2g

Smash Champion
I don't know. When ppl dedicate an ample amount of time with a character they enjoy playing, then sometimes the match ups they know best are their worst match ups. With that said, when you play a really good player in a difficult match up the match can seem frustrating, but it makes you a better player, because you learn what you can and can not do REALLY well. ~Examples~ When i mained D3, i hated playing Calvin. It was a difficult match up that i got scraped when playing because Calvin is too good. But in my beatings, i learned a lot of neat stuff. I used to really like playing Falcos with D3 because i felt like i REALLY knew the match up. It's like George and mk~ 4GOD plays against michaelis ALL THE TIME. No D3 likes playing against mk, but when i watch George play, it's obvious that he knows the match up REALLY well. I find it funny when ppl play a pocket mk. MK da bess~ this is a proven fact. I play a character for the sole purpose of being able to beat mk (i just happen to be able to beat other characters too), but i have fun winning :D winning is my verb

I can agree w/ you. I mean playing your bad MU's w/ an really talented or equally talented player can help you. It has it's advantages. I mean when you play a less skilled person in that MU you can win and probably teach them something. At the same time though, another person can also play that same MU in another state w/ a better person or same skill and after awhile your gimmicks won't work on a talented player that uses your characters bad MU's

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Nobody wants to spend tomorrow with LP? :(

I'm offline, in my room, team Melee, 3 CPUs.

Umby

Smash Master
I mean, that same thing applies to me when I play dedede vs falco but I just deal with it.
Some matchups just aren't fun, but to become a better player you kind of have to just overcome it and deal with it. I mean this is coming from the guy who's had about 12 different secondary s in the past year and none of them worked out *cept IC's and MK a lil*. I still get the best results when I go only dedede, because not only is he my best character, but even in the matchups that make me want to drown malnourished african babies I'm still having fun playing the character I love.
Only issue is that you're D3. You're fat. You're gay. For everything Falco does to you, if he messes up, you can do just about as much. Read as: even if your good points in the MU are few, they're pretty strong.

Marth vs D3? Besides the fact that the Marth player already has to be on point for using the character in the general sense, once Marth messes up, the uphill battle becomes steeper. Read as: Marth's good points don't lay on as thick in this MU.

So yeah, it really is playable, but to win Marth has to do EVERYTHING correctly and avoid getting ***** by Sakurai too much. He just doesn't have the room to screw up and even being such an adept character at punishing, it doesn't put D3 in as disadvantageous position as D3 can do to his opponents. Comparing that to something like D3 vs Falco where Penguin can live forever and still be a threat just from gradually building damage and having utilt/bair is just two far sides of the spectrum IMO.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
U guys ever have sf4 side tourneys @ dis? i wanna come but my only ride will only come if u guys have 1 :-(

Player-3

Smash Hero
**** THAT

$100 mm *****

im usin all mario
ok let me go **** some money real quick i keep it there for storage some times

Only issue is that you're D3. You're fat. You're gay. For everything Falco does to you, if he messes up, you can do just about as much. Read as: even if your good points in the MU are few, they're pretty strong.

Marth vs D3? Besides the fact that the Marth player already has to be on point for using the character in the general sense, once Marth messes up, the uphill battle becomes steeper. Read as: Marth's good points don't lay on as thick in this MU.

So yeah, it really is playable, but to win Marth has to do EVERYTHING correctly and avoid getting ***** by Sakurai too much. He just doesn't have the room to screw up and even being such an adept character at punishing, it doesn't put D3 in as disadvantageous position as D3 can do to his opponents. Comparing that to something like D3 vs Falco where Penguin can live forever and still be a threat just from gradually building damage and having utilt/bair is just two far sides of the spectrum IMO.
thank you umby

SleepyK

Banned via Administration
why do i need to teach anybody to hack melee
there are very detailed tutorials up already

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471

Diddy
Fox
Lucario (depends)
Yoshi
Olimar
Lucas

I think even Pit lol

Last time you went MK on my Fox on game 2.

I can't seem to find a consistent secondary. Lol maybe Lucas?

Wait I'll play some one in/near the kennesaw area. It just depends on how far it is.

milesg2g

Smash Champion
Last time you went MK on my Fox on game 2.

I can't seem to find a consistent secondary. Lol maybe Lucas?

Wait I'll play some one in/near the kennesaw area. It just depends on how far it is.

I went MK and got my *** kicked lol.

But I'm not even gonna lie I might go MK on your fox again idk. lol

SleepyK

who's going to Dallas?

i'm thinking very strongly of driving there

SleepyK

yeah. lounis, how are you getting there? are you driving? is your car full?

Top Bottom