• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia Ninja Taisen! Tournament II

tsukachi.kun

Smash Rookie
Georgia Ninja Taisen! Tournament II
Saturday, May 12th 2007 DAY BEFORE MOTHERS DAY

279 Powers Ferry Road - Suite H
Marietta, GA 30067
Phone - 678-560-1500
http://www.battleandbrew.com/index.html

Games:
$5.00 Entrance Fee

Naruto Shippuuden: GNT! EX
$5.00 to enter

Naruto: GNT! 4
$10.00 to enter

Winnings:
1st - 70%
2nd - 20%
3rd - 10%

Tournament Rules
Naruto Shippuuden: GNT! EX
Double Elimination
3/5 Rounds
2/3 Matches
3/5 Matches for Finals and Grand Finals
99 Second Time Limit
Random Stages
Winner uses same character
Loser may use different character

Banned:
Kankuro

Naruto: GNT! 4
Double Elimination
3/5 Rounds
2/3 Matches
3/5 Matches for Final and Grand Finals
90 Second Time Limit
Random Stages
Winner uses same character
Loser may use different character

Banned:
Akamaru
Karasu
Invincibility Glitch

Other Info:

POSSIBLE SUPER SMASH BROTHER MELEE TOURNEY!! If enough people are interested.

All matches will be recorded (hopefully). To make room for the Naruto EX tourney, I'm going to start the Naruto 4 tourney at around 5pm.

Also notice I've raised the price of Naruto 4 to $10 this time to hopefully inspire people to practice harder to win some more money! There's also a door fee this time as well.

Any input on the poll question can be posted here.

Please bring your own controller!

Hope to see everyone there from the last tourney and even more!

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Oh rofl, i almost didnt catch that this ISNT a melee tourney.

So why post it here? lol

Just to make this a lil more worthwhile.

My new sig is FIYAH!

edit.

correct me if im wrong, but isnt Melty Blood the only anime-based game that has any real depth to it? Last i checked all anime games were just button mashers, except for that one. :/

Gerbil

Smash Champion
Yeah Dogy I was flipping out too... Alpha's **** < Gerbil's **** > MK > Smash > Naruto

That is all.

*runs*

Mailorder

Smash Cadet
correct me if im wrong, but isnt Melty Blood the only anime-based game that has any real depth to it? Last i checked all anime games were just button mashers, except for that one. :/
At the core, Melty Blood is a 2D fighter. It uses high/low mix-up that Capcom and SNK fighters have. To make the game a little more interesting, it also has air dashes and double jumps. (Much like Guilty Gear. But NOT SF: Third Strike). It also has a parry-like system, which is called shield. (Somewhat like Third Strike). In short, Melty Blood is an in-depth fast paced 2D fighter.

As you can see, Melty Blood is pretty deep. But it's a 2D fighting game. You can't compare it to Naruto, because Naruto is 3D. Just because they're both anime, you can't say they're the same. They play differently.

But personally, I feel that Naruto isn't super in-depth. To me, it feels like a lesser Tekken. However. It's not a button mashing game. A noob will never beat an experienced player. Naruto on GameCube DOES take skill.

That's my stance, as someone who plays Melee, Naruto and Melty Blood.

In the end, if you don't know if a game is good or not.. play it. Most people who diss games do it because THEY HAVEN'T PLAYED IT. That is all.

GA Peach

Smash Lord
Oh rofl, i almost didnt catch that this ISNT a melee tourney.

So why post it here? lol

Just to make this a lil more worthwhile.

My new sig is FIYAH!

edit.

Melty Blood pwns. I'll play you next time i see you, dogy. i got it for PS2. and, to answer mailorder, no, Naruto GNT4 does NOT have any depth to it and does not require skill. go watch tourney vids for that game and you'll see what i mean. Narutimett Hero 3 for PS2 is the only good Naruto fighter.

Mailorder

Smash Cadet
Melty Blood pwns. I'll play you next time i see you, dogy. i got it for PS2. and, to answer mailorder, no, Naruto GNT4 does NOT have any depth to it and does not require skill. go watch tourney vids for that game and you'll see what i mean. Narutimett Hero 3 for PS2 is the only good Naruto fighter.
I've seen lots and lots of tournament videos. I've played in tournaments. I know the meta-game. You do not know the meta-game. You've watched one or two match videos, couldn't understand what was happening, and assumed the game took no skill. This is the same thing the 2D fighting community originally did to Melee.

You can't see a game's depth if you've played it but a few times. Or if you haven't even played it at all.

Words means nothing, I know. And I'd love to play a game with you to show you. But since I can't, I'll just have to rely on how good Georgia's GNT scene is. If GNT takes zero skill, why don't you play some of Georgia's finest? Go to this tournament and shut a few mouths - prove to everyone GNT takes no skill.

And I know NH3 is a decent game. I'm still very skeptical on whether it can be as in-depth as Melee, but I've acknowledged the game does take skill.

tsukachi.kun

Smash Rookie
I posted this here because it IS a possible Smash Tourney IF ENOUGH PEOPLE ARE INTERESTED. Next time read the whole post...

Please ONLY post if you are interested in participating in this tourney. Thank you.

Eugenio

Smash Lord
I'm commin' to this... believe it!!! All games based on amime has alot of depth and take alot of skill to play, exept for a few like Jojo's Bizaar adventure. That game sucks d!ck.

Pritch

Smash Lord
Hey, it's mailorder. What's up, man? First time I've seen you on these boards.

I don't play the GNT series much anymore, but I used to be pretty involved with the game. It's not as deep as smash by any stretch, but it's hardly a button masher either and takes a good amount of skill to play at the tournament level. Knocking it out of hand having not played the game at all (with competent opponents, I might add) is pretty short sighted and, as mailorder already said, pretty reminicient of how the marvel, tekken, GGXX, and etc crowds used to look at smash (or in some cases still do).

GA Peach

Smash Lord

I don't play the GNT series much anymore, but I used to be pretty involved with the game. It's not as deep as smash by any stretch, but it's hardly a button masher either and takes a good amount of skill to play at the tournament level. Knocking it out of hand having not played the game at all (with competent opponents, I might add) is pretty short sighted and, as mailorder already said, pretty reminicient of how the marvel, tekken, GGXX, and etc crowds used to look at smash (or in some cases still do).
...what makes you think i've never played it competitively? because i said i didn't like it...? man, speaking of short-sighted... :ohwell:

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
For real?

I've been thinkin about getting a japPS2 so I could get that game, and a few others.

I've got a folder full of match videos, i just love the way it plays.

Never played it though (obviously) so I bet i'd be *** terrible at it. But i sure as hell would love to try it.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Oh wow. Battle and Brew.
I go there alot.

I would probably come if there was a smash tourney. But there are not that many TVs there to run a tournament fast enough. Last time I checked..you have 3 normal TVs + 2 big screens.
If that is'nt fixed, it'll turn out like Momocon >__>

Dogysamich

The Designated Hype Man!
BRoomer
Momocon was hilarious cause I kept gettin distracted by Soul Cal.

"Uh oh, here comes the great wall of tong and . . . OMG SOPHITIA IS BROKEN! SOPHITIA IS BROKEN! BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

--edit--
wes is right.

Since he just announced LfCII, im pretty sure this tourney just lost all hope of having melee.

That's just my opinion though. 112 and Carter might pull another momocon, and i'd follow in suit. D:

Mailorder

Smash Cadet
I'm commin' to this... believe it!!! All games based on amime has alot of depth and take alot of skill to play, exept for a few like Jojo's Bizaar adventure. That game sucks d!ck.
Dude... that game is awesome. It's made by Capcom, so deep inside.. you know it's good.

I don't post much here. I just lurk. Glad you're standin' up for the bit of credibility that GNT has : p You were one of the original GNT players, man! But ya quit. But honestly, I'm happy for ya. I quit, too. There's just no community in Arizona. I actually considered going back to Melee, since I'm actually in contact with Forward and Taj (super chill dudes). But my current skill level is right at the bottom of the meta game. I'll make it out of pools in a tournament, but I'll get knocked out early. I feel like the amount of time and effort I need to put in to become real good... it's not worth it. Because Brawl will be out by then. And yeah, I'm sure a lot of skill in Melee will carry over to Brawl. But it's still gonna be a different game.

Top Bottom