• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
It is page 2082 my dudes. Let's get some taunt predictions
-Victory Nod
-Maybe showing off Pulsating Rod from both arms (Similar to Samus taunt)
-Star leaves the puppet body and floats around it's floaty lifeless body like Link's fairy taunt before going back to posses the doll again

Firox

Smash Master
Easy. Here are my three ideas:

1) Obvious victory pose with the head nod and arms crossed

2) Twirls around, then strikes a pose with "V" fingers (Peace sign) held up high

3) Body falls limp into a sitting position as "star form" emerges from head. The star-form circles around like a halo with sparkles behind it before dropping back down into the body, reanimating it.

EDIT: Judging from our incredibly similar ideas, I think we're seriously on the right track to his actual taunts.

Last edited:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I made mine in my Geno Moveset post.
https://smashboards.com/threads/geno-♥♪-return-of-the-starsend-savior.446378/post-23603157
-= Misc. Details =-
Up Taunt - Geno crosses his arms and nods. Based on his victory animation.
Side Taunt - Geno extends his hand outwards, as if trying to tell someone something. He does this quite a bit during the course of the game, such as when he's demanding Bowyer give back the star he has.
Down Taunt - Geno's star pops out of his puppet body and spins around a bit before returning. Upon leaving the puppet, it lifelessly falls to the ground, shortening his hitbox for the duration of the taunt. Geno's star body has no hitbox. This allows Geno to dodge attacks akin to one of Jigglypuff's taunts.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
1. Like everyone else said, the folded arm head nod victory pose

2. Geno gives his cloak a swish as he turns around and looks towards the player over his shoulder. Mallow also comes out and happily waves to the player

3. Geno does a fist pump, but his arm pops open to reveal the gun, giving him a (*゚ロ゚) expression in surprise

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
-The folded arm head nod, because of course.
-He fetches a consumable SMRPG item from under his hat and uses it. It doesn't actually change anything about him though.
-He does his laughing animation.

xNovaNebulax

Smash Journeyman
about the star floating away from his body taunt? that could acctualy have a good effect if timed correctly, like being able to dodge an attack

AugustusB

Smash Champion
1) The obvious head nod victory pose
2) Reaches under his hat for an item. Low percent chance to find a healing item to heal himself (ever so slightly )
3) Does the ending twirl and the star spirit floats out for a bit before returning.

PokéfreakofBACON

Smash Ace
NNID
PokefreakofBACON
Switch FC
SW-7469-1948-3865
I really think Geno needs to have a silly taunt, referencing all the cutscene shenanigans in SMRPG.

My favorite options are, him falling flat on his face, then getting up and shaking his head to shake it off. (Like Mario did in some cutscenes when someone said something stupid) Or, him blowing himself up with his own arm cannon, and turning his face black with soot for a moment.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
I really think Geno needs to have a silly taunt, referencing all the cutscene shenanigans in SMRPG.

My favorite options are, him falling flat on his face, then getting up and shaking his head to shake it off. (Like Mario did in some cutscenes when someone said something stupid) Or, him blowing himself up with his own arm cannon, and turning his face black with soot for a moment.
Although I recall him being much less involved in those physically compared to some of the other members(Especially Mario), could one of his taunts reference some of the storytelling charades that happens from time to time in SMRPG?

Qeomash

Smash Journeyman
I've thought up taunt would be a laughing animation, down taunt the nod, and side taunt something similar to Samus's aim left and right taunt.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
You know, I went back to thinking about stages and considered something. When it came to speculation on the Splatoon stage, who exactly expected Moray Towers? I am bringing this up because while we are pretty confidant about them choosing something like the Forrest Maze or Bowers Keep, there is a chance that they will throw in a very leftfield stage.

So, what do you guys think would make for very good leftfield SMRPG stages?

LiveStudioAudience

Smash Master
Booster Tower isn't the first stage that comes to mind with Mario RPG for me (especially given there's none of the eponymous Seven Stars associated with that location) but the general weirdness of it, along with loads of potential stage gimmicks (Booster on his train, possible catapults, various Shy Guys running around) means it could work pretty well.

Firox

Smash Master
You know, I went back to thinking about stages and considered something. When it came to speculation on the Splatoon stage, who exactly expected Moray Towers? I am bringing this up because while we are pretty confidant about them choosing something like the Forrest Maze or Bowers Keep, there is a chance that they will throw in a very leftfield stage.

So, what do you guys think would make for very good leftfield SMRPG stages?
I think the most "out there" stage they could add would be fighting atop the BLADE. As a stage hazard, they could have the axem rangers pop in and out, possibly helping certain players like Birdman in Magicant. Then you could have an occasional blast by the Breaker Beam shoot across the stage like the cannon on the Halberd.

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Forest Maze full stop

Bowyer as a stage hazard shooting arrows into the air that stun opponents hit by them

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I think the rooftops of Rose Town would be pretty sweet. You can have that giant beanstalk coming out of the house of that one guy where you get the lazy shell and it will always rain of arrows that come from the forest maze that looms in the background

Firox

Smash Master
I think the rooftops of Rose Town would be pretty sweet. You can have that giant beanstalk coming out of the house of that one guy where you get the lazy shell and it will always rain of arrows that come from the forest maze that looms in the background
Now I have the mental image of Geno running Naruto-style along the rooftops of Rose town, darting through a rain of arrows.

goodspeed87

Smash Journeyman
Forest Maze with Bowyer Arrow rebuffing (and the music!) is an obvious shoe-in/essential/iconic... but I’d love a SMITHY Factory Stage.

Could be a transforming stage that begins outside of Bowser’s Keep with Exor. Then transitions into the first phase of the Smithy fight with Smithy/Smelter producing hazards. Then a third & final transition before starting over of his final form, all the different heads battling against us combatants.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
What happened to this thread?

It used to have at least 50 users always watching it.

Last edited:

SpiritOfRuin

Smash Ace
Maybe the Sewers oddly enough cuz it's actually very atmospheric and would have a nice aesthetic for a stage.

I feel like Nimbus Land or Tadpole Pond could also be viable stages. Honestly the options are endless. I like Rose Town Rooftops idea tho.

Edit: also would like a Rose Town (under attack) Music remix.

Last edited:

Datboigeno

Smash Lord
What happened to this thread?

It used to have at least 50 users always watching it.
People were watching the thread because of

A. Leaks and insider speculation leading up to the TGAs

or

B. Insider drama

TGA reveal didn’t happen, there are no new leaks, and thankfully no drama so therefore a bunch of random people don’t see the need to lurk the thread. As soon as there’s an announcement about an FP5 reveal, a character “leak”, or something else of that nature the numerous watchers and users will return.

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
There’s also a chance a handful of people thought it fully closed at the vgas so they’re taking time to get back in.

Also people probably got blue balls with the vgas and are just avoiding sites like this entirely. I know I took a “break”

But I see 30 and 26 viewing right now soooo

Glitch-EGamer

Smash Lord
My pursuit of Geno has been on break for a while. While it is fun to cheer the blue boy on, I really needed this. I have been lying dormant on Twitter, for those who wish to seek me out elsewhere. I'll probably post the Geno fam icons when I get there and I'll be working on them over the holiday break since I'll finally have the chance. I may even reveal a surprise or two along the way. Perhaps we'll see each other later on, Genobros and gals?

The Rhythm Theif

Smash Ace
An Apartment With Stolen Forgery Art In Paris
Switch FC
SW-2028-5151-9144
Spam/off-topic
I'm gonna be honest with you: the Mario series has a bunch of characters already, so I'm a LOT more interested in seeing some more third party characters instead for the Fighters Pass. Or should I call it the FighterZ Pass like in Dragon Ball FighterZ? I don't know. But anyways, I'm more focused on third party characters that we wouldn't expect. And no, Elma, Shadow, Karate Joe, and all the others don't count.

ForsakenM

Smash Lord
I'm gonna be honest with you: the Mario series has a bunch of characters already, so I'm a LOT more interested in seeing some more third party characters instead for the Fighters Pass. Or should I call it the FighterZ Pass like in Dragon Ball FighterZ? I don't know. But anyways, I'm more focused on third party characters that we wouldn't expect. And no, Elma, Shadow, Karate Joe, and all the others don't count.
Good for you. Good for us that Geno is both a Mario character that is one of the most unique as well as being third party, so Geno falls under your wants as well.

Hey mods, not only was Geno not mentioned and barely alluded to in this post, but this person came in specifically to this thread to say "I'd rather have any other character but the one you are supporting."

You wonder why some people get upset, and this is tame. Can you do something about this other than punishing those in the support thread?

Last edited:

MonkeyDLenny

Smash Lord
Geno really does have the benefit of reusable assets on his side when it comes to his implementation. Love it or hate it the Mii Costume is the perfect base

1576552438180.png

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
Really, the more that I think about it, the longer the Geno Mii costume is absent, the less likely it seems to return. I just hope it's not a repeat of the base roster where they waited until the last minute to deconfirm Isaac, Shadow, Skull Kid, and several other fan favorites. I don't think it will happen, but I just keep letting this game bite me in the a**.

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I still can't believe Geno actually got a Mii costume in Smash 4. I was a big supporter of Geno back in the Brawl days, and after seeing him miss that game and 4, I kinda of fell off. During the DLC run, and hearing about Cloud, I was in shock to see that Geno actually got to see the light of day again. That Mii Costume is a big reason as to why I am still a Geno supporter today. Wish he would have been playable, but the recognition then was very nice to see.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
Geno really does have the benefit of reusable assets on his side when it comes to his implementation. Love it or hate it the Mii Costume is the perfect base

View attachment 253340
I had to do a double-take when I saw the image.

So, someone earlier posted the image of the SMRPG Japanese box art, and it has all the characters lined up. Interesting thing to note, Each character is accurate height-wise, relative to each other I mean.

Thus, Geno is TALLER than MARIO. He's actually the middle of the party, size-wise! Bowser is tallest, followed by Peach. Mallow is shortest followed by Mario. Geno is between all of them. Therefore, when translated into Ultimate's visuals, Geno wouldn't be this short, pudgy, stubby little fella. He's almost Luigi's height. The SMRPG style makes every character look pudgy, especially Mario. (I also recall another conversation where two fan renders of Geno were compared: Smashified and a second one, and someone said they preferred the non-Smashified one because the proportions were more accurate. But the truth is, he's taller than Mario so those proportions are technically not accurate.

So, it's amazing how close to his proper proportions the Gunner costume helped make him appear. Of course, the gunner hunches slightly, so it doesn't reach full height, whereas I'm certain Geno would stand tall.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom