• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

Geno Boost

Smash Master
i did take alot of awesome SMRPG videos made by SMRPG fans and i did mix them in 1 video
enjoy the 25 minutes of awesomeness and please share it to the SMRPG fans i am sure they would be very happy to see this :colorful:

RetroBro

Smash Ace
The old days when Geno had a massive movement. Tis a shame he got such a stigma going for him. I loved those old flash videos when I was younger.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Bruh, why are we on the second page. Also! Hows the Geno support been?
its silent since a month after the first ballout days (it was very vocial at the time), nothing has changed we need more news about anything related to SMRPG but I don't think we are getting anything about this in this year but maybe 2016 because of the 20th birthday of SMRPG.

Last edited:
Congrats to TerminalMontage TerminalMontage getting his animation on GameGrumps! Was pretty funny :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yDVzKrItsU4
I love the animated shorts that big uploaders feature. Unfortunately I haven't been able to keep up with my subscriptions, I keep finding good content creators and end up with hours of content each day, so I just check back every now and then.

Oh another new Geno fanmade trailer :)
I asked the uploader if they know about our thread. Hopefully they reply.

NateCurtis(NJC)

Smash Apprentice
Make sure you guys tell Etika in comments that we want Geno for smash and tomorrow Etika is going to make a smash poll for the character you want in smash, so make sure you vote tomorrow

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Bump for Geno :D

If a game/sequel is ever released with Geno in it, I will be reviewing it instantly!

Geno Boost

Smash Master
So it's 100% confirmed that Alphadream owns Geno?
Masaaaybe but we didn't get a clear answer yet, alphadream seems to not have any problem about using SMRPG characters they never even mentioned square Enix in thier article, I think SMRPG characters are relationship characters they can be used by both square Enix and Nintendo but both company must agree as usually in order to have geno in any game.

NateCurtis(NJC)

Smash Apprentice
Only 6 more days until the end of the smash fighter ballot,I have a feeling that Geno is higher on the smash fighter ballot then we all think, Geno obviously doesn't have as much votes as like King K rool, Shantae and Shovel knight,but he's actually not doing so bad,like in every fan made poll he is always in the top 12.So I think Geno is at least 6th on the smash ballot, and also the smash fighter ballot isn't about who has the most votes so that is also a good thing.

Which characters did you guys vote for the smash fighter ballot or who are you going to vote for if you didn't vote yet
I voted for Geno,Tails,Knuckles,Shantae and Captain Toad

Also make sure you vote on this smash poll https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PLDBXHH and don't forget to vote on Etika's smash poll when it comes out

Last edited:

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Unfortunately for us, anything that happens at this point with polls and such will no longer have any impact. The only thing we can do is sit back and wait. It's very likely that Nintendo has already looked at the votes and made decisions already. I wouldn't be surprised if they already started on the characters that are being added.

I've slowly been convincing myself that Geno still has a pretty good chance despite the wide-spread haters. People hating a certain character doesn't cancel out the votes that occured in the ballot. And as stated previously, Geno consistently makes lists. We will see if he's still on the mind of Sakurai.

Only 6 more days until the end of the smash fighter ballot,I have a feeling that Geno is higher on the smash fighter ballot then we all think, Geno obviously doesn't have as much votes as like King K rool, Shantae and Shovel knight,but he's actually not doing so bad,like in every fan made poll he is always in the top 12.So I think Geno is at least 6th on the smash ballot, and also the smash fighter ballot isn't about who has the most votes so that is also a good thing.

Which characters did you guys vote for the smash fighter ballot or who are you going to vote for if you didn't vote yet

Also make sure you vote on this smash poll https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/PLDBXHH and don't forget to vote on Etika's smash poll when it comes out
I'm so salty that these polls always put in Hector/Lyndis and don't consider Eliwood even once. I don't think any of the three are a good idea, I just hate seeing my favorite left out when they're a true trio.

Unfortunately for us, anything that happens at this point with polls and such will no longer have any impact. The only thing we can do is sit back and wait. It's very likely that Nintendo has already looked at the votes and made decisions already. I wouldn't be surprised if they already started on the characters that are being added.

I've slowly been convincing myself that Geno still has a pretty good chance despite the wide-spread haters. People hating a certain character doesn't cancel out the votes that occured in the ballot. And as stated previously, Geno consistently makes lists. We will see if he's still on the mind of Sakurai.
I doubt the deadline would be October 3rd if they would stop beforehand. We have to keep in mind the people who didn't want to make a hasty decision beforehand, and the massive wave of oncoming last-minute votes. They made large emphasis on quality of votes, so I wouldn't be surprised if last-minute votes made an impact.

The characters being decided could happen, but I have doubts for those reasons. Maybe some characters developed on the way for the Mario Maker update with later characters keeping later votes in mind, or just something like six characters at once (3-4 already developed and hiding) later on. That way, a lot of people could be appealed to at once. Kinda like the last DLC wave but they might want to go out with a real bang.

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730

I've voted for Manic
B6p0etP Manic's Icon.png
&
YtntrLJ Sonia's Icon.png
Sonia The Hedgehogs, Izuna: Legend of The Unemployed Ninja
dgBbgmD Izuna's Big icon.png
, Shantae, Risky Boots, Neku Sakuraba and finally, Geno! #ConfirmedTheNewCharactersIwant4SMASHDLC! P.S: I've saved up to $100.53 on my eShop account, which means MY BODY IS READY FOR SMASH DLC REQUESTMENTS!

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
Yep, this is the final step. Only 4 days then we will probably know the results ! Who knows, we might not get any answer from Nintendo until they either make a Smash Direct or announce the DLC in the e-shop :o

So far, I have only voted for Geno. I'm supporting for Shantae and Klonoa but I'm focusing on Geno. Let's hope he/it will make it ! I would like to Geno Whirl my foes eue
(I would spam the heck out of Geno Blast hehe)

[yes "it" because the one who did a Geno fanart and works at Nintendo hinted that Geno may be a "it" if people don't know/remember u: ]

Last edited:

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Thanks for liking my Gamegrumps toon! It was fun to work on, I thought about promoting my Geno video in the credits.. But I ended up advertising my more 'impressive' cartoons. Still, it bumped me up to 100,000 subscribers now, and more people did end up seeing it, so I hope they voted :)

Gosh we're getting close to the endddddddd.

I'm promoting Geno as much as I can on my twitter and tumblr without being obnoxious and spammy, I've also started working on a SMRPG video in my free time. It's still in the early stages because I just started like, today, but it's about the King Calamari fight. I thought that whole Sunken Ship part was super cool when I was younger.

It's a shame I won't have it done before the ballot to help collect more votes ):

Thanks for liking my Gamegrumps toon! It was fun to work on, I thought about promoting my Geno video in the credits.. But I ended up advertising my more 'impressive' cartoons. Still, it bumped me up to 100,000 subscribers now, and more people did end up seeing it, so I hope they voted :)

I'm promoting Geno as much as I can on my twitter and tumblr without being obnoxious and spammy, I've also started working on a SMRPG video in my free time. It's still in the early stages because I just started like, today, but it's about the King Calamari fight. I thought that whole Sunken Ship part was super cool when I was younger.

It's a shame I won't have it done before the ballot to help collect more votes ):
Me like

RetroBro

Smash Ace

Haha, I think everyone's been very receptive to your Geno for Sm4sh shorts. I think they're freaking adorable. Yes the King Calamari fight is definitely one of the more memorable fights. I think moving battles in RPG's always stick in people's minds for some reason. I look forward to your video :D

And you never know if they'll release DLC years from now. There really is no limit. And perhaps your video could inspire Alphadream to use Geno. I love how Mallow is screaming for help/crying. You should give him some badass thunderbolt/shocker moment!!

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Thanks B)

If anything, I hope it would get the attention of Alphadream, there are so few Geno cartoons on the internet, if it spread around a bit and maybe found its way to NicoNico video and the Japanese spread it around, they might see it.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Thanks B)

If anything, I hope it would get the attention of Alphadream, there are so few Geno cartoons on the internet, if it spread around a bit and maybe found its way to NicoNico video and the Japanese spread it around, they might see it.
i have collected these SMRPG cartoons and put in 1 video look at my first post in this page ;) i also have NicoNico account so maybe i could upload the video there to spread it there.

NateCurtis(NJC)

Smash Apprentice
I know that polls don't really mean anything any more,but I hope you can just vote on Etika's new straw poll,so Etika and all his fans can see that Geno is a really popular character for the smash ballot and maybe if Geno gets a lot of votes on Etika's straw poll, maybe Etika himself will vote for Geno (THAT BE HYPE) :)

http://strawpoll.me/5619260 part 1 (this one has Geno in it)
http://strawpoll.me/5619261 part 2
http://strawpoll.me/5619263 part 3

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I just want to see the ballot results already. I'm betting Shovel Knight won, but I want to see what the actual vote breakdown was.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Oh boy another new Geno smash video we will get a lot of Geno smash videos in this week
Geno is only #12! Oh nooo
To be honest I really don't trust fan polls it's nothing compared to the official ballout result. There is more than 1 million people who voted in the official ballout and it's going to be way different than the fan polls result.

Last edited:

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman

Yaaay congrats on the new subs :D You deserved it ouo (I was wondering why you haven't put the Geno4Smash video in the credits but I guess it's better that way ^^)

SO CLOSE YET SO FAR

Yeah ! I saw it last night on Tumblr but you erased it somehow (or it's Derplr who striked again) but it's amazing ! I love the little ninja run XD GO GENO ! GO SAVE THE SCREAMING CLOUD KID ! 8D Can't wait for it to be done \ouo/

winged hero

Smash Rookie
First time i played super mario rpg was on the snes i heard it was a classic so i tried it and fell in love with it geno is a cool character i
always have him on my team with mallow too. : )

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Yaaay congrats on the new subs :D You deserved it ouo (I was wondering why you haven't put the Geno4Smash video in the credits but I guess it's better that way ^^)

SO CLOSE YET SO FAR

Yeah ! I saw it last night on Tumblr but you erased it somehow (or it's Derplr who striked again) but it's amazing ! I love the little ninja run XD GO GENO ! GO SAVE THE SCREAMING CLOUD KID ! 8D Can't wait for it to be done \ouo/
<333

Oh no! I like to add things to my queue and space out uploads so I don't put a bunch of crap up one day then go days or weeks without putting anything up. I noticed it was posted then unposted for a little bit, it was weird.

And I did want to put the Geno video in the credits but another reason why I decided not to was; the ballot will be over soon, and that GG video will be up until the end of time, so better just show them my best stuff to bring in more subscribers :x

Top Bottom