• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

NateCurtis(NJC)

Smash Apprentice
Okay since the fighter ballot is ending on October 3rd and today is August 30th,I think I should start the Geno twitter page I actually have a lot of free time,So I will do it,I will add a link to it when I get it set up

Okay I got it done here is the link https://twitter.com/GenoForSmash I really hope this helps to get people to vote for Geno and feel free to suggest anything for the twitter page

Last edited:

NateCurtis(NJC)

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EDB9JZew_k X3 hello

well today I got a dude to vote for Geno XD im proud of myself ^^

Today I saw this on youtube and it gave me a lot of hope.....
Neoxon 1 week ago
There seems to be some confusion in this discussion. THE SMASH BALLOT IS NOT A POPULARITY CONTEST, IT'S A GLORIFIED SUGGESTION BOX! Neither Sakurai or Iwata never implied that the winner of the ballot will get in the game (not once). While granted, the Top 10 or 20 will likely be seriously considered, it's Sakurai's call at the end of the day.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
This is interesting
but he missed something big about Geno that was removed in the final releases "The Beta Geno Whirl".

The caption says "The Geno Whirl special Attack works particulary well againts undead enemies."This screen shot came from Nintendo Power volume 82. What is intersting is it says the special is good againts undead enemies, but this bonus is shown nowhere in the battle scripts. I guess it went with the idea that Geno is divine entity from the Star Road, and that the undead in Final Fantasy games are usually weak to holy. Probably scrapped because because that kind of association doesn't really seem to fit in the Mario universe.

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
This is interesting
but he missed something big about Geno that was removed in the final releases "The Beta Geno Whirl".

The caption says "The Geno Whirl special Attack works particulary well againts undead enemies."This screen shot came from Nintendo Power volume 82. What is intersting is it says the special is good againts undead enemies, but this bonus is shown nowhere in the battle scripts. I guess it went with the idea that Geno is divine entity from the Star Road, and that the undead in Final Fantasy games are usually weak to holy. Probably scrapped because because that kind of association doesn't really seem to fit in the Mario universe.
Where in the world are you getting this information? And do you have a bigger version of that picture? I can't make out the text. (I know you told us what the text said, I'd just like to use a bigger image for a little side thing I'm cooking up)

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Where in the world are you getting this information? And do you have a bigger version of that picture? I can't make out the text. (I know you told us what the text said, I'd just like to use a bigger image for a little side thing I'm cooking up)
the information is from here http://jul.rustedlogic.net/thread.php?id=14982&page=1 there is alot of secrets there, but the bigger version of the picture got removed i guess? it says the source did come from here http://www.themariobros.net/nintend...intendo-power-82-super-mario-rpg-preview.html (Nintendo Power volume 82?)

Last edited:

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
I am screaming right now!!!! i really hope that he include Geno and Mallow
well they include everyone's favorite evil power rangers ;D

Hey supporters.
There's only one more month to go for the ballot, and I'm curious to hear your thoughts on every character people want in Smash:
http://smashboards.com/threads/individual-character-poll-poll-finale-extravaganza.410404/
Hundreds of votes have been cast. If you haven't voted yet please do. Thanks. :)
Spreading the word would be appreciated. :)
as long as they have a good moveset and a lot of thought behind them im glad but that said I really don't want clones and if geno is in it I will be happy (with a Fawful color and Vivian color for him I would die happy) I feel this really isn't a poll more like they just want to hear our opinions

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
so i talked with Elvin-Earthworm about "will Geno and Mallow making an appearence?" in deiviantart he told me:
"I have always planned to add Geno in at the very least. However, he wouldn't make any appearances until the Smithy saga."

i also made icon for Geno

and...

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
New Big Poll! It's Source Gaming's biggest Smash poll yet!

NEW POLLING EFFORT BY @@ BluePikmin11 BluePikmin11
The SG team has helped BluePikmin reorganize his individual character polls into 4 parts. We've also provided pre-filled out forms with neutral responses so people can navigate quickly. Hopefully this will yield more and better information for future posts.

Staarih

Smash Master
I had a hunch that Geno support is strong in Japan and this definitely strengthens that hunch haha! Great news, hopefully the votes keep on coming in all the way until the ballot ends.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Must be really hard to aim your camera at a TV, or show more.

Last edited:
I apologize for not being on for a while. I wasn't notified of the thread's updates so it was hard to stay on top of things, and I've barely been able to keep up with my own interests with this new job, but the pay and benefits are really nice.

Yesterday and this afternoon, I went on For Glory Teams with the tag "Geno4Sm4sh" tag for a while. I haven't voted recently, but I planned to throw in a few more votes before October 3rd.

Due to the support and dedication of Geno supporters, with much more passion and loyalty than what I've seen in other character threads, he actually moved up to my most wanted character. I'm all or nothing for Geno at this point. After seeing Roy, my favorite Super Smash Bros. character and one of my favorite characters of all time return in his full glory, being much more faithful to source with his wavy hair and well-built structure (rip noodle arms you won't be missed), as well as that incredible new armor and the true power of the Sword of Seals, I believe wonderful things can happen with hard work. To think that a design I pushed for by an obscure artist that meshed his most iconic designs together, the palettes I specifically pushed for, and many of my ideas were used from my own website in a game that millions actively play in one of gaming's most iconic series is absolutely surreal. We live in a world where we create and live our dreams, even if we're many leagues below the truly decisive factors. We still have the power to influence and change them. That's why I believe in Geno and that we can make his DLC truly legendary. We can see him on the Character Select Screen, we can fight as and alongside him, and we can eventually own a nice official figure of him. We can see him appear in new titles alongside Nintendo's biggest legends, not just in Smash.

We only have two and a half weeks before the ballot ends, so let's make it count! Let's show them the power of Geno support. Since there is great emphasis on writing how we feel about our character rather than just putting in a character's name in for votes, and how our words may potentially be used in ballot reveals, we definitely have the edge there and just need to drive it as far as possible. We got this.

Last edited:

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
I apologize for not being on for a while. I wasn't notified of the thread's updates so it was hard to stay on top of things, and I've barely been able to keep up with my own interests with this new job, but the pay and benefits are really nice.

Yesterday and this afternoon, I went on For Glory Teams with the tag "Geno4Sm4sh" tag for a while. I haven't voted recently, but I planned to throw in a few more votes before October 3rd.

Due to the support and dedication of Geno supporters, with much more passion and loyalty than what I've seen in other character threads, he actually moved up to my most wanted character. I'm all or nothing for Geno at this point. After seeing Roy, my favorite Super Smash Bros. character and one of my favorite characters of all time return in his full glory, being much more faithful to source with his wavy hair and well-built structure (rip noodle arms you won't be missed), as well as that incredible new armor and the true power of the Sword of Seals, I believe wonderful things can happen with hard work. To think that a design I pushed for by an obscure artist that meshed his most iconic designs together, the palettes I specifically pushed for, and many of my ideas were used from my own website in a game that millions actively play in one of gaming's most iconic series is absolutely surreal. We live in a world where we create and live our dreams, even if we're many leagues below the truly decisive factors. We still have the power to influence and change them. That's why I believe in Geno and that we can make his DLC truly legendary. We can see him on the Character Select Screen, we can fight as and alongside him, and we can eventually own a nice official figure of him. We can see him appear in new titles alongside Nintendo's biggest legends, not just in Smash.
Im literally put to tears from your amazing speech man. its truly a struggle for us geno fans. I just wish to see him back.

We only have two and a half weeks before the ballot ends, so let's make it count! Let's show them the power of Geno support. Since there is great emphasis on writing how we feel about our character rather than just putting in a character's name in for votes, and how our words may potentially be used in ballot reveals, we definitely have the edge there and just need to drive it as far as possible. We got this.

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman

Well I promised myself I wouldn't cry but man that was very touchy T^T I loved it and I was recently made fun of for voting for Geno even tho he is highly requested but This group makes me feel better knowing that Im not alone and I truly hope that some of the designs and moveset have been reaching Nintendo because most of them are truly beautiful :D Roy our boy been playing a lot of smash as Roy lately :3 p.s I even saw a shooting star soo I wished on it ^^

Last edited:
Well I promised myself I wouldn't cry but man that was very touchy T^T I loved it and I was recently made fun of for voting for Geno even tho he is highly requested but This group makes me feel better knowing that Im not alone and I truly hope that some of the designs and moveset have been reaching Nintendo because most of them are truly beautiful :D Roy our boy been playing a lot of smash as Roy lately :3 p.s I even saw a shooting star soo I wished on it ^^
I dealt with detractors a lot over five years for my pick. Truth is, the most stubborn ones end up showing traits you don't want on your side anyways. The more mild ones are worth winning over, there's different kinds of haters and a good amount are still worth battling and persuading if you put your all into it and show Geno's potential. Keep an ear open for haters, but not for purely hateful things. Someone strongly against your character who is still willing to listen and be somewhat respectful might end up promoting them and helping with digital art and advertising someday. They might buy the character within seconds of release and love playing as them, and increase sales from publicity.

A lot of people fall into misconceptions about characters or hate them for lame reasons, we just need to dig them out and lend them a hand. If a hater does things like harass individuals as people or pin down and bully others, or if they don't listen when someone pours their heart out, that's how you find the ones you don't want on your side anyways.
Don't take too much hate to heart, because Geno support will always outweigh it, and those who continue to hate our choice over and over and over are weak. They don't have what it takes to make an impact, and they won't until they see that. Meanwhile this thread has what it takes.

If anyone says disgusting or hateful things that are uncalled for, don't fall for it or let it get to you. Don't give them your breath or effort. Don't let the pressure cause you to snap or feel hate in return. If their hate never succeeds to spread, then it's theirs and theirs alone. It'll stick with them forever, unless they get rid of it. The sooner they realize it doesn't work, the sooner they will reflect on it and kill the potential virus. Their true colors will start to shine their brightest, so even the most hateful people will realize that it doesn't work and that they need to strip it down when others won't play their game.

You're not alone, and if people make fun of you for genuinely wanting Geno when you have the mettle to show it, screw em.

I go swimming at night a lot, and the stars are bright here, so I'll be on the lookout for any shooting stars myself.

Im literally put to tears from your amazing speech man. its truly a struggle for us geno fans. I just wish to see him back.
It's definitely one of the roughest, but that's why I like this thread specifically. Tightly-knit members who have grown through more, there's too many support forums out there with a lot of spoiled/entitled attitudes or without the heart to earn their picks. We might not win, but that chance is there which is why we're still here. There's also what you guys have gained through the journey as supporters, which is valuable for the rest of your lives. I met a few good friends and strengthened bonds in my last journey, which would have been valuable regardless of outcome.

Last edited:
Top Bottom