• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
hey guys I'm in my game design class going on all the computers to vote for geno. we will do this! IF WE BELIEVE WE CAN ACHIEVE!!!!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I'm going to vote Geno one more time

But honestly, I'm not the type of person to spam votes

I have voted for him a couple times in the last months.

Once, I talked about how I looked up Super Mario RPG on a 56 K modem back in the day

But I wrote 401K...LOL

RetroBro

Smash Ace
I always loved in Super Mario RPG, Bowser's insistence that he was the man in charge. He never fails to make me crack up :D

Great comic, never seen it before :)

I submitted several votes for Geno again, and quality checked them really hard and made sure that I sent in high quality votes. I mentioned how Geno's inclusion could easily introduce many to Super Mario RPG, which could come to Wii U and maybe even 3DS.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
I submitted several votes for Geno again, and quality checked them really hard and made sure that I sent in high quality votes. I mentioned how Geno's inclusion could easily introduce many to Super Mario RPG, which could come to Wii U and maybe even 3DS.
Noice.

I always try to mention how he represents the beginning of the entire Mario RPG franchise (M&L and Paper Mario), and he's a fan favorite whose inclusion would excite gamers everywhere :D I remember Sakurai mentioning his decision process comes down to the character's potential moveset and if his or her inclusion would excite people, and then just like, his personal preference lol

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I gave a vote for Geno today!

Also a vote for Blastoise.

Blastoise totally should get it

Edit:

This conversation, LOL

"what the **** even is a genocider"

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
*This Thread since yesterday until now*

i already voted for Geno 9 times using different systems, however there is only 1 system left that i havent voted in, its my 3DS! if i have voted 1 more time then my votes result will be 10 times for Geno.

starbolt89

Smash Cadet
NNID
starbolt89
3DS FC
0860-4559-7031
what i don't under stand is why anyone would want king k. rool can any 1 plz explain that 1 to me

NateCurtis(NJC)

Smash Apprentice
what i don't under stand is why anyone would want king k. rool can any 1 plz explain that 1 to me
I'm still not sure why people want him in either, but most people say that we just need more villains and more DK characters.I was going to vote for King K rool but I only voted for characters I would actually play as, like Geno,Shantae, Knuckles,Tails and Captain Toad

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
I've been using every proxy I could find and voting for him. Genooooooooo

Also, I want K. Rool.. Only if he has his Kaptain K. Rool outfit as an alt. King K. Rool is ugly as hell, but when he was in Donkey Kong Country 2, with his coat and boomstick, I thought he was a very unique bad guy.

Last edited:
when will we know the results ?
Nobody is going to know until there's official say, which could be at any point. None of us will have an answer until then.

We might not get results, perse. There is large emphasis on quality of votes and specific demographics, and there is likely going to be balance and careful choosing among future DLC characters. I don't simply believe the 5 most voted characters or anything like that will become DLC, but I do believe they will be chosen from a very large pool of frontrunners and maybe a curveball or two.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Nobody is going to know until there's official say, which could be at any point. None of us will have an answer until then.

We might not get results, perse. There is large emphasis on quality of votes and specific demographics, and there is likely going to be balance and careful choosing among future DLC characters. I don't simply believe the 5 most voted characters or anything like that will become DLC, but I do believe they will be chosen from a very large pool of frontrunners and maybe a curveball or two.
Absolutely.

I can see choices like Shrek and John Cena or something being high up, but they'll definitely sift through that trash and see whose a game character. I can't imagine Nintendo releasing the results without picking that stuff out, if they even tell us.

My guess is we won't know until years later; well after DLC for Smash has stopped. They'll tell us just for fun or something.

link2702

Smash Champion
K.rool was the main villian of the DKC games before rare left, he's got just as much potential for a unique moveset as Geno. He oozes out personality(or...rather...multiple personalities). Smash does indeed need more villain reps and DK reps, and he fits the bill perfectly on those two.

I still would love to have Geno more then anyone else, however K.rool followed by Ridley are my close second and third. IF any of them get in i'll be somewhat satisfied. If all of them get in i'd likely die of happiness.

edit on a side note I also kinda hope Goku from yuyuki gets in just to troll DBZ fans who honestly wanted DBZ goku in smash when he doesn't fit the qualifications at all.

However....if nintendo also takes some of the more ridiculous votes seriously....and puts in someone like shrek, brittany spears, etc,...i'm done with nintendo and gaming forever, period.

Last edited:

starbolt89

Smash Cadet
NNID
starbolt89
3DS FC
0860-4559-7031
i made it just in time to put in my last vote i renumber a video by screwattack when they where at a smash event asking what char they would like to see a lot of them said Geno but am really not sure Geno is getting enough votes

K.rool was the main villian of the DKC games before rare left, he's got just as much potential for a unique moveset as Geno. He oozes out personality(or...rather...multiple personalities). Smash does indeed need more villain reps and DK reps, and he fits the bill perfectly on those two.

I still would love to have Geno more then anyone else, however K.rool followed by Ridley are my close second and third. IF any of them get in i'll be somewhat satisfied. If all of them get in i'd likely die of happiness.

edit on a side note I also kinda hope Goku from yuyuki gets in just to troll DBZ fans who honestly wanted DBZ goku in smash when he doesn't fit the qualifications at all.

However....if nintendo also takes some of the more ridiculous votes seriously....and puts in someone like shrek, brittany spears, etc,...i'm done with nintendo and gaming forever, period.
The only qualifications are being a video game character and Sakurai's four standards.

I'm not trying to justify or put down Goku, but he meets all requirements needed to join the roster.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/63502594

I don't like the idea of putting down anyone's choices, especially for the sake of meanspirited humor. It's disgustingly vitrolic.

i made it just in time to put in my last vote i renumber a video by screwattack when they where at a smash event asking what char they would like to see a lot of them said Geno but am really not sure Geno is getting enough votes
While Geno isn't #1 in votes, he's still a frontrunner. Having the most votes isn't everything, too. The passion of SMRPG fans, the quality of his votes, his unique nature, what he represents, how he could balance out other DLC choices, and simply being a curveball to keep DLC from being dry and predictable could very well shape the future. Even if he doesn't make the cut, there's always hope for future Smash later down the road.

link2702

Smash Champion
The only qualifications are being a video game character and Sakurai's four standards.

I'm not trying to justify or put down Goku, but he meets all requirements needed to join the roster.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/63502594

I don't like the idea of putting down anyone's choices, especially for the sake of meanspirited humor. It's disgustingly vitrolic.

While Geno isn't #1 in votes, he's still a frontrunner. Having the most votes isn't everything, too. The passion of SMRPG fans, the quality of his votes, his unique nature, what he represents, how he could balance out other DLC choices, and simply being a curveball to keep DLC from being dry and predictable could very well shape the future. Even if he doesn't make the cut, there's always hope for future Smash later down the road.
pretty sure sakurai stated in one interview during brawl's time, that in order to be eligible, ONE of the requirements was that the character had to originate as a game character to be considered. Due to this, DBZ goku does not qualify, despite him appearing in many games recently over the years, he was and always has been an anime/manga character first, his origin was always that of a manga character, not a video game one. Therefore he's not really qualified to join smash.

pretty sure sakurai stated in one interview during brawl's time, that in order to be eligible, ONE of the requirements was that the character had to originate as a game character to be considered. Due to this, DBZ goku does not qualify, despite him appearing in many games recently over the years, he was and always has been an anime/manga character first, his origin was always that of a manga character, not a video game one. Therefore he's not really qualified to join smash.
I would like a source. If I am wrong, I'll gladly retract my statement.

link2702

Smash Champion
in a jp only poll during brawl's development(and yes, i'm trying to find an archive of the original poll, which is extremely tough considering i know absolutely no japanese whatsoever, so i'm having to rely on google translate and the wayback machine archive to try and find ti) sakurai stated quite clearly that a character had to originate as a game character, and had to have some sort of significance to nintendo to be eligible.

I"m pretty sure this whole website exploded during the time with people then trying to submit their own suggestions despite everything being in japanese. If anyone else on the board is fluent in japanese/can at least read it to navigate the website, please by all means look at it as well and see if you can fetch the quote.

He made it pretty clear during brawl's development cycle on this.

in a jp only poll during brawl's development(and yes, i'm trying to find an archive of the original poll, which is extremely tough considering i know absolutely no japanese whatsoever, so i'm having to rely on google translate and the wayback machine archive to try and find ti) sakurai stated quite clearly that a character had to originate as a game character, and had to have some sort of significance to nintendo to be eligible.

I"m pretty sure this whole website exploded during the time with people then trying to submit their own suggestions despite everything being in japanese. If anyone else on the board is fluent in japanese/can at least read it to navigate the website, please by all means look at it as well and see if you can fetch the quote.

He made it pretty clear during brawl's development cycle on this.
It's all good, I retract my previous statement on Goku. I believe you and understand the mess that is Google Translate and hard translations, and I'm fine without a quote if there is a way to fetch the source, even if it's a rough translation.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
i found a very rare picture of super Mario-Kun comics

and there is another picture here http://mariofanfumiya.blog33.fc2.com/blog-entry-818.html and maybe there is interesting information about this. I REALLY WANT SUPER-MARIO KUN SO BAD!!!

also there is a guy on instagram who talked about Geno history in the years wanna hear it? :) click the spoiler
NOTE: this is just a copy paste.
"This is whole Geno history, I will explain it:
1995 was the year when Geno was first created it was released as a toy with other SMRPG characters and it was also shown in nintendo power in that year, it was before SMRPG was released.
1996 was the year when Geno was finalized and his model was finished and finally got an official render (Geno had a dull color back in 1995) and SMRPG was released and became very popular. 2003 was the year when got it's 2nd game appearance as a cameo in MLSSS in a minigame but the star spirit (♥♪!?) was not here wich means it's just a doll being controlled by a robot.
2009? It was not confirmed wich year did Geno appear in super Mario-kun but it was first posted in the Internet in 2009, this is the first Geno official appearance in comics/mange.
In 2015 some artist at nintendo has drawn animated Geno and she said "super Mario RPG has been a topic lately at nintendo studio." this could possibly be a hint of him making a huge reutern in a game again in the future, this is not just a fanmade art, it's official.
Geno is now 20 years old!"
he also posted this picture wich is nice

Attachments

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage

and there is another picture here http://mariofanfumiya.blog33.fc2.com/blog-entry-818.html and maybe there is interesting information about this. I REALLY WANT SUPER-MARIO KUN SO BAD!!!

also there is a guy on instagram who talked about Geno history in the years wanna hear it? :) click the spoiler
1995 was the year when Geno was first created it was released as a toy with other SMRPG characters and it was also shown in nintendo power in that year, it was before SMRPG was released.
1996 was the year when Geno was finalized and his model was finished and finally got an official render (Geno had a dull color back in 1995) and SMRPG was released and became very popular. 2003 was the year when got it's 2nd game appearance as a cameo in MLSSS in a minigame but the star spirit (♥♪!?) was not here wich means it's just a doll being controlled by a robot.
2009? It was not confirmed wich year did Geno appear in super Mario-kun but it was first posted in the Internet in 2009, this is the first Geno official appearance in comics/mange.
In 2015 some artist at nintendo has drawn animated Geno and she said "super Mario RPG has been a topic lately at nintendo studio." this could possibly be a hint of him making a huge reutern in a game again in the future, this is not just a fanmade art, it's official.
2009? I always thought the manga came out sooner.

And I follow that Nintendo artist's tumblr.. I wouldn't say that the 2015 is official per se, more like.. It's fan art made by an official Nintendo animator. Official Fanart?

NateCurtis(NJC)

Smash Apprentice
So does anyone think that Geno and Mallow will make an appearance in Mario and Luigi paper jam,because I hope they do and maybe if Geno and Mallow make an appearance in paper jam we can check the end credits of the game and see if Alpha Dream did buy the rights too Geno and Mallow,kind of like how we saw the copyright for square enix

Also,their are 3 unused character slots in the new super smash bros patch and those 3 are probably going to be for DLC character's,I hope one of those character's is Geno :)

Last edited:

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Legend of the Seven Stars was the original Mario RPG, before it spun off into 2 separate series, Paper Mario and M&L.. Paper Jam would be a great game to bring them back. It would almost be poetic, compared to them showing up in just a regular Paper Mario or M&L game.

Last edited:

Geno's as old as the Fire Emblem series? That's really neat. Let's hope this 2015 speculation isn't just smash, but more for mario as well.

So does anyone think that Geno and Mallow will make an appearance in Mario and Luigi paper jam,because I hope they do and maybe if Geno and Mallow make an appearance in paper jam we can check the end credits of the game and see if Alpha Dream did buy the rights too Geno and Mallow,kind of like how we saw the copyright for square enix

Also,their are 3 unused character slots in the new super smash bros patch and those 3 are probably going to be for DLC character's,I hope one of those character's is Geno :)
I hope we have more than three characters, to improve our chances and get more fan favorites in.

Legend of the Seven Stars was the original Mario RPG, before it spun off into 2 separate series, Paper Mario and M&L.. Paper Jam would be a great game to bring them back. It would almost be poetic, compared to them showing up in just a regular Paper Mario or M&L game.
Hopefully we have a big surprise in store.

NateCurtis(NJC)

Smash Apprentice
Also look at what NibrocRock is working at, it's beautiful we are getting new HD Geno render soon!!! :love:https://mobile.twitter.com/NibrocRock/status/650163663551074305
That render looks AWESOME. Aww man I can't wait until smashified does a render of Geno

I wonder when Nintendo/Sakurai will announce any dlc character's for smash,I think maybe in a few months or so

Also I might be doing a Geno in project m mod with the BrawlEx codes or mabye just a Brawl pack with Geno and some other character's with BrawlEx with this Geno moveset https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UTrGHPWr8w but still not sure if I want to or not

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Hey guys, just wondering what everyone's been up to!

I know we're all pretty tired here waiting for the results to see where our main man has placed. It's been a long time waiting since the brawl days, I can really even say I'm exhausted. We've all been disappointed last time, and I think we're strong enough to take the hit again, however I still hold onto a sliver of hope.

Anyways, I thought I'd share my final thoughts on Super Mario RPG with you all (this was part of my retro review on my youtube channel) :

"The beauty in this game is its simplicity. It doesn’t try anything too complicated, you never feel lost in the story or gameplay. Whether you’re being immersed by the battles, interaction with the world and its characters, or the atmospheric music you can constantly feel the majesty of Nintendo and Squaresoft’s product. It is a shame that these two companies experienced a divide because of another franchise that we won’t get into, because you can clearly see the talent and synergy these two powerhouses brought to the table. Super Mario RPG is a classic that should not be overlooked. It symbolizes a time where games were evolving and changing faster than ever, yet somehow Mario never fell behind. The mustachioed man can fit any genre he wants. He fit perfectly into the world of RPG’s, and even set a standard for the future ones to come."

Here's a cheers to all the sane people left hoping for Geno, and a cheers for hoping that Geno will make an appearance in Smash or some game soon.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
A return with the original cast of Super Mario RPG+Luigi would make me so ****ing happy.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Hey guys, just wondering what everyone's been up to!

I know we're all pretty tired here waiting for the results to see where our main man has placed. It's been a long time waiting since the brawl days, I can really even say I'm exhausted. We've all been disappointed last time, and I think we're strong enough to take the hit again, however I still hold onto a sliver of hope.

Anyways, I thought I'd share my final thoughts on Super Mario RPG with you all (this was part of my retro review on my youtube channel) :

"The beauty in this game is its simplicity. It doesn’t try anything too complicated, you never feel lost in the story or gameplay. Whether you’re being immersed by the battles, interaction with the world and its characters, or the atmospheric music you can constantly feel the majesty of Nintendo and Squaresoft’s product. It is a shame that these two companies experienced a divide because of another franchise that we won’t get into, because you can clearly see the talent and synergy these two powerhouses brought to the table. Super Mario RPG is a classic that should not be overlooked. It symbolizes a time where games were evolving and changing faster than ever, yet somehow Mario never fell behind. The mustachioed man can fit any genre he wants. He fit perfectly into the world of RPG’s, and even set a standard for the future ones to come."

Here's a cheers to all the sane people left hoping for Geno, and a cheers for hoping that Geno will make an appearance in Smash or some game soon.
I'm at home sick as a dog so I have some time to hang out with you guys today.

Also don't worry too much or interpret it as a "hit" if Geno doesn't make it in; it's likely we'll see him in games again in the coming years. At the very least we'll get a Geno and Mallow cameo in a future M&L game.

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
The results are finally here:, tag me so I can hear your thoughts!
http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/10/08/sgpollingresults1/
just wanted to show this lol
I'm at home sick as a dog so I have some time to hang out with you guys today.

Also don't worry too much or interpret it as a "hit" if Geno doesn't make it in; it's likely we'll see him in games again in the coming years. At the very least we'll get a Geno and Mallow cameo in a future M&L game.
we better i miss geno X3

Top Bottom