• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

Sinn

Smash Lord
If they so much as added a Geno costume for Miis, I'd freak. Would rock that outfit each race.
On that notion, Forest Maze could be an interesting track, especially if there's a large section of branching track. Kinda like that one part of Mount Wario, but even more so.

And as a note on the poll, I seriously have no idea when the best time would be for me =/ I'm still for Make-A-Wish, but dates are up in the air.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Ok, everybody is voting for the Make-A-Wish foundation so unless people vote for something else tomorrow that looks like the organization we're gonna be raising cash for. That's cool; there's nothing more fitting for Geno to do than to make children's wishes come true.

Date-wise, the majority voted on May 1st. I have no idea how we'll manage to get a big, internet-wide charity drive organized in only a week's time. :( It's clear we ought to do this soon though while the idea is fresh in our minds. Anyone got any ideas for how to organize this thing?

I figure we'll need:
  1. Someone mature to manage the money raised, if we don't just put up direct donation links to Make-A-Wish
  2. Connections with famous streamers who'd like to participate
  3. People who are really good at spreading the word to make sure as many people watch the streams as possible
  4. Maybe a website to give details of the event including who's gonna stream along with donation links and links to #Geno4Smash stuff
I can help with 3 and 4, but it'd have to wait until after the end of this week because I have finals. :/

Is there anything I'm missing here?

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Ok, everybody is voting for the Make-A-Wish foundation so unless people vote for something else tomorrow that looks like the organization we're gonna be raising cash for. That's cool; there's nothing more fitting for Geno to do than to make children's wishes come true.

Date-wise, the majority voted on May 1st. I have no idea how we'll manage to get a big, internet-wide charity drive organized in only a week's time. :( It's clear we ought to do this soon though while the idea is fresh in our minds. Anyone got any ideas for how to organize this thing?

I figure we'll need:
  1. Someone mature to manage the money raised, if we don't just put up direct donation links to Make-A-Wish
  2. Connections with famous streamers who'd like to participate
  3. People who are really good at spreading the word to make sure as many people watch the streams as possible
  4. Maybe a website to give details of the event including who's gonna stream along with donation links and links to #Geno4Smash stuff
I can help with 3 and 4, but it'd have to wait until after the end of this week because I have finals. :/

Is there anything I'm missing here?
I'm good at number 3 & 4, but 2 I'll try to do my very best work extremely hardcore to spread the word with my Community Club of #GenoForSmash https://www.facebook.com/pages/Geno...in-Smash-4-3DSWii-U-verisons/1722501687975421
241b06fde7ab93d6ae003c70b9c83c20-d4akmjp Geno.jpg

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
You guys are doing awesome! With the initiative to gain supporters and even checking in with Square and Nintendo, it gives me a lot of faith that Geno will be a highly considered character for DLC. I really think Sakurai would look at this character and do wonders with him.

If I may ask, is there any way of knowing where exactly he stands right now and the current chances he has of getting permission to join?

And I will for sure help with your cause to donate towards Geno getting in!

Anything I can do for this group at this time?

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
You guys are doing awesome! With the initiative to gain supporters and even checking in with Square and Nintendo, it gives me a lot of faith that Geno will be a highly considered character for DLC. I really think Sakurai would look at this character and do wonders with him.

If I may ask, is there any way of knowing where exactly he stands right now and the current chances he has of getting permission to join?

Hey, @ SSGuy SSGuy ! Did you my check out with my #GenoForSmash Community Club link:https://www.facebook.com/pages/Geno...in-Smash-4-3DSWii-U-verisons/1722501687975421 Please like & share with your friends online! FREEDOM_FOR_GENO_by_Fiercedeity1770.png
Geno and Rosalina.jpg

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380

is there any way you can talk to other competitive smashers or if possible could you talk to D1 or keitaro about our cause.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace

I don't think there's any way to find out Nintendo or Square's intentions at this time. The best we got was an interview with Alphadream last year where the interviewer convinced them to use Geno and Mallow in future games (which is encouraging). The best we can do is raise awareness, get as many people to vote for Geno in the Smash Ballot as possible, twitter-spam/beg/plead Nintendo and Square to listen, that sort of thing.

You're always welcome to help with the charity drive along with the other stuff the others mentioned. We're gonna need all the help we can get organizing that damn thing.

Speaking of which, guys, we need a title for the drive. Something snazzy, succinct; preferably with the #Geno4Smash hashtag in it. Any suggestions? I thought of calling it "The #Geno4Smash Charity Drive" but it should include something about Make-A-Wish, shouldn't it? How about "The #Geno4Smash Make-A-Wish Charity Drive"?

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
I don't think there's any way to find out Nintendo or Square's intentions at this time. The best we got was an interview with Alphadream last year where the interviewer convinced them to use Geno and Mallow in future games (which is encouraging). The best we can do is raise awareness, get as many people to vote for Geno in the Smash Ballot as possible, twitter-spam/beg/plead Nintendo and Square to listen, that sort of thing.

You're always welcome to help with the charity drive along with the other stuff the others mentioned. We're gonna need all the help we can get organizing that damn thing.

Speaking of which, guys, we need a title for the drive. Something snazzy, succinct; preferably with the #Geno4Smash hashtag in it. Any suggestions? I thought of calling it "The #Geno4Smash Charity Drive" but it should include something about Make-A-Wish, shouldn't it? How about "The #Geno4Smash Make-A-Wish Charity Drive"?
Im really looking forward for this to be honest ^^

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo are too lazy to put mario RPGs characters in Mario kart 8 they don't want to hurt their hands by making a 3D model for them
Well, I think that you're talking about the Paper RPG characters. At least that's another advantage of the Geno, his sprite have a 3D look so it should be easier to make a new one :p

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
is there any way you can talk to other competitive smashers or if possible could you talk to D1 or keitaro about our cause.
While I know D1 wouldn't want anyone else but Geno in this game, I am unsure if we could use them to advertise that we are having a Charity drive for our DLC campaign. Being that they are leaders in the Smash Community with a lot of influence, they wouldn't want to be put into a position that discourages other characters. (At least how they would feel about it) We can always try to talk to them about it but it would need to be worded as "pc" as possible. As in "We want to do something great for others" and less like "Help spread our cause to get Geno in Smash 4!!!"

Once the drive has been fully set up and under way, we have the right pieces in the right place, we can start organizing how we will be looking to get the word out.

RSF-Blue bomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lethlintejection
3DS FC
5069-3977-0380
While I know D1 wouldn't want anyone else but Geno in this game, I am unsure if we could use them to advertise that we are having a Charity drive for our DLC campaign. Being that they are leaders in the Smash Community with a lot of influence, they wouldn't want to be put into a position that discourages other characters. (At least how they would feel about it) We can always try to talk to them about it but it would need to be worded as "pc" as possible. As in "We want to do something great for others" and less like "Help spread our cause to get Geno in Smash 4!!!"

Once the drive has been fully set up and under way, we have the right pieces in the right place, we can start organizing how we will be looking to get the word out.
thats a good plan I like it! u are very smart at this kind of stuff man i appreciate this.

Last edited:

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Another individual you should look into getting the word out should be Christopher Niosi. I think he is most well known for his Mario RPG videos and has a solid following. I'm sure he would like to see Geno in Smash Bros as well.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kirbopher15

He collaborated with other NewGround users to also make one of my favorite animated videos on the internet.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace

Don't worry, when we get the word out and ask people if they'd like to participate that won't be an issue and all of the PR, participation requests, advertising, etc. will reflect the point of the drive: to re-unite all of the Geno fans to accomplish some good that is related to the character (granting wishes).

And you're right, we do need to iron out the details so I updated the poll with several other pertinent questions. Everybody please fill out the updated survey so we can get this show on the road!

The most important question we need to iron out is a date for the event (I still don't think it'll be possible to run it on May 1st despite that being the majority vote at this time :( ). Does anyone have any suggestions?

Also, if people vote to set up a crowdfunding page instead of just a link to the Make-A-Wish donation page, we'll need someone mature who won't run away with all the cash to control the page and donate the funds to Make-A-Wish when the event's over. I have NO idea if Make-A-Wish has any kind of apps of their own to help drives track direct donations.

Assuming the drive will be very soon, we need people to sign up for tasks, like, today and tomorrow.

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Another individual you should look into getting the word out should be Christopher Niosi. I think he is most well known for his Mario RPG videos and has a solid following. I'm sure he would like to see Geno in Smash Bros as well.

He collaborated with other NewGround users to also make one of my favorite animated videos on the internet.

I asked him for a lot of stuff already...... you guys should ask because I got no message :(

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
Yo! I am jumping into this late into the game, but here are my thoughts on the Charity Event. I personally voted on Child's Play because I have access to their info, but if everyone else wants to do Make-A-Wish, I will support that choice too. As for the date, as someone who has helped organized charity events in the past, I will say that May 1st is NOT a good idea. First, it is less than a week away. You need time to contact the organization, get the okay from them to let you raise money for them, find people who are willing to do a 24-hour play through, make sure everybody has the necessary technology, advertise for people to watch the stream, etc. Plus, a bunch of people are either busy with finals at school or are going on vacation. Me personally, I wouldn't want to do May 1st because that is my birthday and I am going to be at work/out with friends all day long. Plus I also need to prepare for finals. I suggests that we do it on the first Saturday of June. That gives us over a month to get the needed materials and publicity to get this event off of the ground. Also, a lot of people will be done with their finals/vacations. That is just my two cents on the matter.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I went to the Make-A-Wish website and they said granting one wish costs on average $7500, so it seems logical to have a big finite goal like that if indeed we'll have one at all.

EDIT: I just had a thought -- why not have people play Smash 4 during the event too? Or is SMRPG and M&L:SS enough?

Last edited:

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman

Sadly he already chose who he voted for the ballot and it's not Geno. :c

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Sadly he already chose who he voted for the ballot and it's not Geno. :c
I think a better approach would be to make a list of prominent streamers, Youtubers, etc. that have already said they want Geno in Smash 4.

EDIT: Also, a friendly reminder to please vote on the new questions in the updated survey for the #Geno4Smash charity drive... thing.

And we need volunteers! Are there any older veteran Geno fans who could be trusted to help run the crowdfunding page, since from the early numbers it looks like we'll be running one along with hosting direct charity links?

Last edited:

TailsFan92

Smash Cadet
yea but didn't he vote for Ryu ....
Not to sound mean since everybody's opinions do matter, but I feel like a vote for Ryu is a wasted vote. Didn't Nintendo make a rule saying each 3rd party company would only get ONE character for representation? For Capcom, that slot has been filled by Megaman. I personally do not believe the rumor of Ryu's victory music being in the game's data confirming he is going to be in the game.

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Not to sound mean since everybody's opinions do matter, but I feel like a vote for Ryu is a wasted vote. Didn't Nintendo make a rule saying each 3rd party company would only get ONE character for representation? For Capcom, that slot has been filled by Megaman. I personally do not believe the rumor of Ryu's victory music being in the game's data confirming he is going to be in the game.
I feel like they are just going to add street fighter music...

Even though multiple credible people have confirmed it and there is further evidence from kirby characters appearing on battlefield backing up the claim of kirby music?

Thats a fan rule anyway
I feel like they are just going to add street fighter music...
That would mean making a deal with capcom usa, a seperate company, for just music. Which makes little sense anyway because its a victory theme as well. It wouldnt be one or the other.

Zane13pyro

Smash Journeyman
Even though multiple credible people have confirmed it and there is further evidence from kirby characters appearing on battlefield backing up the claim of kirby music?

Thats a fan rule anyway

That would mean making a deal with capcom usa, a seperate company, for just music. Which makes little sense anyway because its a victory theme as well. It wouldnt be one or the other.
I see...well I still taking it with a grain of salt

Sinn

Smash Lord
I think a better approach would be to make a list of prominent streamers, Youtubers, etc. that have already said they want Geno in Smash 4.
Since I don't really watch streams all that often, the only one I've familiar with is one a friend of mine watches, DM Brandon. He has a decent sized fanbase and apparently was urging everyone to vote Geno when the ballot first opened. His main game these days seems to be Smite, though, but I get the feeling he might be open to participating. Noooooot sure how best to contact him though.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Since I don't really watch streams all that often, the only one I've familiar with is one a friend of mine watches, DM Brandon. He has a decent sized fanbase and apparently was urging everyone to vote Geno when the ballot first opened. His main game these days seems to be Smite, though, but I get the feeling he might be open to participating. Noooooot sure how best to contact him though.
I've tried to send DM Brandon these links: North America Smash Ballot - https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/
EU-UK Smash Ballot - https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/en-uk/
Japan Smash Ballot - https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/jp/ on his channel, but problem is that you have to be Sub-Subscribe on his channel to links on his comments!

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I've tried to send DM Brandon these links: North America Smash Ballot - https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/us/
EU-UK Smash Ballot - https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/en-uk/
Japan Smash Ballot - https://cp.nintendo.co.jp/jp/ on his channel, but problem is that you have to be Sub-Subscribe on his channel to links on his comments!
A bunch of us can write up a generic, formal "Hey, wanna join our charity event?" letter later this week so we have something nice to send out to people.

Also I think it would be best to assign the task of sending out these emails to one or two individuals so that whoever we want to contact doesn't get swamped by everybody and driven away because of that. Would anyone like to volunteer for that?

I ALSO HAVE THE POLL RESULTS!

I'll start with the most important question, the date.
Dates given were May 1st with 4 votes, May 2nd, 7th, 9th, 21st, 31st, and June 6th and 27th with 1 vote apiece.

Votes are kind of all over the place but the vast majority of them are in early to mid-May. I sincerely don't believe we'll have enough time to organize a charity stream in like, 3 days, so does anyone have a problem with doing this in mid or late May? What day do you all think would be best for running a stream like that? What day of the week are you usually available?

For "should we have a specific amount of money to reach?" 4 voted no, 2 voted yes, so I suppose the drive will simply try to raise as much money as possible (which might be better for a first-time drive like this anyway; I wouldn't want to discourage people if we fell short of a goal).

For "Should we have a separate crowdfunding page..." 0 voted for ONLY a crowdfunding page, 1 voted for only giving the direct Make-A-Wish link, and 5 voted for both. So apparently we're gonna run both a crowdfunding page and giving the direct charity link. Which I personally think is a wise decision. We can give away prizes from the crowdfunding page and offer people who don't trust us an out to give money to Make-A-Wish themselves.

For "Do you want certain kinds of streaming..." everybody voted for "All are fine". Which I'm happy with, because if I play my cards right and I'm able to participate I wanna play the SMRPG Hard Mode hack. I call dibs.

For "Should the event be a 24-hour marathon..." 4 people voted yes and 2 people voted no. So I guess this is gonna be a 24 hour affair, which means we'll need lots of people to help watch over everything in shifts, because we need sleep. And we can set up timeslots for streamers to sign up for to cater to the early birds and the night owls. An actual run-through of SMRPG shouldn't last more than 6-7 hours, am I right? Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga might take longer though. Anyway, the point is that people won't actually have to stay up for 24 hours straight; we can get a whole bunch of streamers (or make a whole bunch of streams) and just play in shifts. At least that's how I imagine it'd be. If someone more knowledgeable can offer their insight that'd be greatly appreciated.

For "Should streamers be required to mention voting for Geno..."
2 voted yes and 4 voted no, so it'll be totally optional for streamers. That sort of thing should probably be limited so that people don't scream "VOTE GENO 4 SMASH" every damn second during their streams and make people think the drive is nothing more than a ruse to get Smash Ballot votes -- this has to be most importantly about raising money for Make-A-Wish.

I do think that there should be a link list participants should be required to put on their stream pages though, like a link to the Make-A-Wish donation page, to the crowdfunding page, and to the charity drive website. Maybe like a charity drive logo too.

For "Should the event only host SMRPG..." no one voted for SMRPG only, 5 people voted for both SMRPG and M&L:SS, and 1 other person suggested Smash Bros. as well. Does anyone have a problem with allowing Smash streams to participate as well? Only 1 person suggested it but I honestly think it's a good idea.

And obviously the majority already voted on Make-A-Wish: the votes for which charity at this time are 3 for Child's Play and 8 for Make-A-Wish, similar to how it was before, so...

TL;DR: Most people voted for various dates in early to mid May so I guess this is gonna happen in a few weeks. And we'll have a crowdfunding page and direct donation links, and it'll be a 24-hour event, streamers won't have to tell people to vote for Geno on the Smash Ballot, both SMRPG and M&L:SS will be played (and Smash too maybe if you all comment below and give your opinion on the matter). So that's the big and small of it.

We just have to hammer down a specific date 2-3 weeks away and we can get started.

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
A bunch of us can write up a generic, formal "Hey, wanna join our charity event?" letter later this week so we have something nice to send out to people.

Also I think it would be best to assign the task of sending out these emails to one or two individuals so that whoever we want to contact doesn't get swamped by everybody and driven away because of that. Would anyone like to volunteer for that?

I ALSO HAVE THE POLL RESULTS!
I'll start with the most important question, the date. Dates given were May 1st with 4 votes, May 2nd, 7th, 9th, 21st, 31st, and June 6th and 27th with 1 vote apiece.

Votes are kind of all over the place but the vast majority of them are in early to mid-May. I sincerely don't believe we'll have enough time to organize a charity stream in like, 3 days, so does anyone have a problem with doing this in mid or late May? What day do you all think would be best for running a stream like that? What day of the week are you usually available?

For "should we have a specific amount of money to reach?" 4 voted no, 2 voted yes, so I suppose the drive will simply try to raise as much money as possible (which might be better for a first-time drive like this anyway; I wouldn't want to discourage people if we fell short of a goal).

For "Should we have a separate crowdfunding page..." 0 voted for ONLY a crowdfunding page, 1 voted for only giving the direct Make-A-Wish link, and 5 voted for both. So apparently we're gonna run both a crowdfunding page and giving the direct charity link. Which I personally think is a wise decision. We can give away prizes from the crowdfunding page and offer people who don't trust us an out to give money to Make-A-Wish themselves.

For "Do you want certain kinds of streaming..." everybody voted for "All are fine". Which I'm happy with, because if I play my cards right and I'm able to participate I wanna play the SMRPG Hard Mode hack. I call dibs.

For "Should the event be a 24-hour marathon..." 4 people voted yes and 2 people voted no. So I guess this is gonna be a 24 hour affair, which means we'll need lots of people to help watch over everything in shifts, because we need sleep. And we can set up timeslots for streamers to sign up for to cater to the early birds and the night owls. An actual run-through of SMRPG shouldn't last more than 6-7 hours, am I right? Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga might take longer though. Anyway, the point is that people won't actually have to stay up for 24 hours straight; we can get a whole bunch of streamers (or make a whole bunch of streams) and just play in shifts. At least that's how I imagine it'd be. If someone more knowledgeable can offer their insight that'd be greatly appreciated.
For "Should streamers be required to mention voting for Geno..." 2 voted yes and 4 voted no, so it'll be totally optional for streamers. That sort of thing should probably be limited so that people don't scream "VOTE GENO 4 SMASH" every damn second during their streams and make people think the drive is nothing more than a ruse to get Smash Ballot votes -- this has to be most importantly about raising money for Make-A-Wish.

I do think that there should be a link list participants should be required to put on their stream pages though, like a link to the Make-A-Wish donation page, to the crowdfunding page, and to the charity drive website. Maybe like a charity drive logo too.

For "Should the event only host SMRPG..." no one voted for SMRPG only, 5 people voted for both SMRPG and M&L:SS, and 1 other person suggested Smash Bros. as well. Does anyone have a problem with allowing Smash streams to participate as well? Only 1 person suggested it but I honestly think it's a good idea.

And obviously the majority already voted on Make-A-Wish: the votes for which charity at this time are 3 for Child's Play and 8 for Make-A-Wish, similar to how it was before, so...

TL;DR: Most people voted for various dates in early to mid May so I guess this is gonna happen in a few weeks. And we'll have a crowdfunding page and direct donation links, and it'll be a 24-hour event, streamers won't have to tell people to vote for Geno on the Smash Ballot, both SMRPG and M&L:SS will be played (and Smash too maybe if you all comment below and give your opinion on the matter). So that's the big and small of it.

We just have to hammer down a specific date 2-3 weeks away and we can get started.
Hopefully, this Make-A-Wish Foundation shall start on May 1st or probably needs more time to settle everything else right in May 2nd, 3rd and/or whatever at the quickest mid-dateline to have Geno's fans to reunite together to vote #GenoForSmash, before Oct. 3rd, 2015!
geno sign.png

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
Hopefully, this Make-A-Wish Foundation shall start on May 1st or probably needs more time to settle everything else right in May 2nd, 3rd and/or whatever at the quickest mid-dateline to have Geno's fans to reunite together to vote #GenoForSmash, before Oct. 3rd, 2015! View attachment 49214
It's too early to do it on May 1st :I But I can try to be there in mid-May. But don't worry about the deadline of the ballot Raheem. It has been only 25 days since it started anyway x)

Wish I could help with the stream but I don't have a great laptop and I can't talk. But I can help spread the word about this stream. And maybe do a promotional art for it ?
(Also sorry about the survey, I didn't see there was more questions ;; )

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
It's too early to do it on May 1st :I But I can try to be there in mid-May. But don't worry about the deadline of the ballot Raheem. It has been only 25 days since it started anyway x)

Wish I could help with the stream but I don't have a great laptop and I can't talk. But I can help spread the word about this stream. And maybe do a promotional art for it ?
(Also sorry about the survey, I didn't see there was more questions ;; )
I know it's too early on May 1st, but remember that T-I-M-E itself waits for NO Man:
icon-faster.png
P.S: GenoForSmash
geno sign.png
to prove them HATERS wrong for good, once and for all times sakes, NOW!

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Don't worry Raheem, we have plenty of time to raise money, spread the word, re-unite the Geno fans, get votes in and stuff. These things take time and patience. We'll get there.

I'll throw in my own date suggestion, why not: how about May 16th or 23rd? Would a Saturday even be a good day to do a stream event?

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Don't worry Raheem, we have plenty of time to raise money, spread the word, re-unite the Geno fans, get votes in and stuff. These things take time and patience. We'll get there.

I'll throw in my own date suggestion, why not: how about May 16th or 23rd? Would a Saturday even be a good day to do a stream event?
I go with May 16th and that's a
YES!.jpg

Top Bottom