• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Pretty sure Geno is still owned by Square Enix considering the end credits of Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga credit copy right to Square Enix for the character Geno.

Furthermore if you check that copy right site and search Geno, it says Square has the rights too.

My source... Youtube the credit scene or find that usa copy right owner site.
Actually, Square-Enix don't have rights with Geno anymore, cuz AlphaDream already buy all the Copyrights of Geno from Square-Enix, which means AlphaDream shall add Geno to Super Smash Bros 4 3DS/Wii U verisons as a New DLC playable character in T-I-M-E!

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
Pretty sure Geno is still owned by Square Enix considering the end credits of Mario & Luigi Superstar Saga credit copy right to Square Enix for the character Geno.

Furthermore if you check that copy right site and search Geno, it says Square has the rights too.

Nintendo and their teams never spoke about Geno, even when people directly asked about it. The rare times they did it, they said that Geno was not owned by them. The fact that in that recent interview they talked a lot about Geno, and they even said that possibly they will give him a minor role in future, makes me think that something has changed.
The credits of M&LSSS doesn't count since that game is very old. In Mario Kart Super Circuits there is written that the model of Donkey Kong is owned by Rare.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Thats all very nice, but that article doesnt mention anything about ownership. It talks about using a character 'perhaps' in future titles. Maybe much like Sakurai uses Sonic, Pacman, Mega Man, or Snake.

Futuremore the USA copy right/ trade mark database still says Geno is owned by Square.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master

The game was released in 2003 we are not in that year anymore also someone has sended a massage to square Enix asking them to use geno in another game or giving it to Nintendo but square Enix said to him ''we have nothing to do with smrpg characters you should contact Nintendo for it"

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
The game was released in 2003 we are not in that year anymore also someone has sended a massage to square Enix asking them to use geno in another game or giving it to Nintendo but square Enix said to him ''we have nothing to do with smrpg characters you should contact Nintendo for it"
Like I said, Square-Enix don't have Copyrights with Geno anymore, ever since AlphaDream finally buys all the Copyrights of Geno to be confirmed as a New DLC playable character for Super Smash Bros Franchise in T-I-M-E for crying out loud for God's sakes!

Toasterman247

Smash Cadet
NNID
Toasterman
Mewtwo comes out soon, hopefully they will talk about more DLC fighters coming soon too. All we can really do is hope that some more DLC fighters come on out.

Sinn

Smash Lord
I've voted for him, and I hope all of you will too. This is what I put in my submit box. Feel free to put your own spin on it if you want.

"Geno is an iconic character truly representative of the very first Mario role playing game. He holds a special place in many gamers' hearts and has been highly requested for Smash Bros since before Brawl was released. Additionally, his unique abilities are easily adaptable to the fighting mechanics of Smash Bros. And isn't that what Smash Bros is all about? Characters who embody the essence of Nintendo and offer a unique play experience from the other fighters on the roster. Geno fits perfectly."

Toasterman247

Smash Cadet
NNID
Toasterman
Oh man, the HYPE! Lucas + Mewtwo coming back, PLUS a POLL to request other characters?! This truly is a HUGE leap for SMASH!!!

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
C'mon Geno fans. With the poll it's time to unite

trumpet Thief

Smash Rookie
Voted for Geno.

I doubt it will do much but I'll make a mention of voting for Geno in every new cover me and my partner make. We're both really crazy about seeing him in another game. To be honest, I love Mallow just as much, but Geno has a 0.1% chance of making it, which is better than Mallow's 0.01%.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzveAAmveNQ [Embed] [Embed]

Thankfully, we have a few subscribers that probably don't care one way or another about who they vote for, so we'll try to sway them towards Geno. There were also a couple of folks at smrpglegacy.com (which I believe is long gone now) that would've loved to see a character poll for North America. I still remember the days when we kept citing how Geno was mentioned 5 times in the Japanese poll as proof that he would be included. At the very least, we can let Nintendo know how much we care about this character! Any kind of representation would be nice.

domriver

Smash Lord
Im doing work. Already got several other people to vote from different countrys. xD Colombia, Ecuador, and Venezuela all whom BARELY know Geno. LOL But since we play an online game together they do it for me. xD But hope is alive for Geno. :)

Last edited:

trumpet Thief

Smash Rookie
^ Well done man! We don't even need everyone to vote for him per se, just for him to be a part of the big conversation about new Smash characters. That in of itself would help a whole lot in bringing people in to vote for him and to bring attention back to his character.

I WISH this kind of opportunity existed during the Brawl days, since we had such a giant group of Geno fans willing to vote for him. We need to get that giant fanbase back, little by little.

Last edited:

Neosquid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Slowest_Of_Bros
I voted for Geno, because the kid has been waiting for 9 years, and his fans are still aflame with a spirit still alive and kicking. #Geno4Smash is trending on twitter, and I hate that site...but it's useful in the upcoming battle.

KVLTofMetal

Smash Lord
NNID
KVLTLancelot
I've been seeing massive support for Geno across Facebook etc. I expected here to be a bit more hype

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Are we gonna finally see him back after 19 YEARS?! We need to give Nintendo a very big reason to put him ssb4

EDIT: I did vote for Geno and this is my reason

-Smrpg released toys in japan unlike the other Mario RPGs
-Geno was next to sonic in sakurai brawl poll with Megaman.
-without this game Mario and luigi and Mario paper seires wouldn't exist
-smrpg was one of the most sold game on the wii eshop and mostly in Europe
-it's a game that was made when square and Nintendo teamed up for the first time and they are friends now
-the Geno fanbase has been waiting since 19 YEARS ago just to see him back in a game
-this game made a lot of square and Nintendo fans happy when it first came out
-alphadream are very interested on revisiting SMRPG

Last edited:

Sinn

Smash Lord
I've been seeing massive support for Geno across Facebook etc. I expected here to be a bit more hype
I thought the same, though TBH I'd rather support be spreading fast on FB than there be a lot of activity here. Out there on the larger social web is where we need to generate activity to spread the word. The more people we convince to vote and spread the message, the higher our chances of realizing the dream.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I voted for Geno. I hope some big names help like Sky Williams already is. Maybe D1 will help, and there's also @TerminalMontage! We should spread the word.

Last edited:

Neosquid

Smash Cadet
NNID
Slowest_Of_Bros
Is OP still active? Because changing the title to fit the Ballot Wars would be extremely good for public interest. since nothing has been updated, it might appear as if Geno support is dead.

Steelia

Smash Champion

I just wanted to tell you all, good luck. Geno's counting on you.

Threw in a vote for Geno on a separate computer... Hoping that counts :)

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Now that Shaq is over, I'm going to get an appropriate Geno avatar

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Is OP still active? Because changing the title to fit the Ballot Wars would be extremely good for public interest. since nothing has been updated, it might appear as if Geno support is dead.
Is that Ballot Warsy enough for you?

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Voted for Geno. I pray to the video game gods that Sakurai considers him.

Remember people, this is just as much of a popularity contest as it is good choices. Some characters may not fit the bill, but all of us in here know that Geno is the perfect fit for Smash Bros.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
I voted Geno 3 times with different systems (computer, iPhone, iPad) with different reasons I am planning to vote more for him
My Geno supporters! We can actually vote more then once it appears. I just voted like more than just one vote from last night, thinking it should do some easy, work! But it appears there is no actual limit on voting, really. P.S: So, keeps on voting for Geno from DAY & NIGHT with every sec!
01.jpg

Sinn

Smash Lord
My Geno supporters! We can actually vote more then once it appears. I just voted like more than just one vote from last night, thinking it should do some easy, work! But it appears there is no actual limit on voting, really. P.S: So, keeps on voting for Geno from DAY & NIGHT with every sec!
I'm not sure if spamming Geno votes will be ultimately productive. The site does ask people to only vote once per person, though at the same time it doesn't appear to have any way of enforcing it. It'd probably be easy for someone to write a script that automatically enters over and over, but I suspect that's exactly the sort of thing Nintendo DOESN'T want. For all we know they could be using an IP filter or something to only count one entry from each unique address. Who knows, maybe if they think it's spamming they'll deduct votes from the total.

As much as I'd love to vote for Geno all day e'ryday, I think that getting the word out for others to vote for him will have a greater impact. Then again, I could be wrong.

Top Bottom