• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Just like their attempts at answering our please for Baby Rosalina or the even more hardcore crowd wanting PG Peach.
I wouldn't really compare MK with SSB since MK isn't about characters (IMO).
Yeah especially when he was talking about wanting a Geno doll the other day on one of the tournament streams.
I feel the Geno hype rising!

Depressed Gengar

Hana Is Best Girl
Y'know, if it weren't for the fact Geno would deconfirm Black Mage, I'd actually wouldn't mind him. If Nintendo would buy Geno though, I'd support him for sure.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Y'know, if it weren't for the fact Geno would deconfirm Black Mage, I'd actually wouldn't mind him. If Nintendo would buy Geno though, I'd support him for sure.
They should but hell, didn't seem to bother them Microsoft wanted to buy Rare. Just goes to show how much they value their past games eh?

Booster

Smash Lord
Wii Fit Trainer has No Demand.
Geno has a nearly infinite demand
Wii Fit Trainer gets in
Geno has very little chance

WTF?!?!

D

Deleted member

Geno isn't owned by Nintendo. It's possibly the biggest thing against him. That alone is why his chances are low.

D

Deleted member

Eh, I'd argue that the fact that he's only ever been in one game doesn't help his chances. Toad, Bowser Jr., Waluigi, Rosalina, and Paper Mario all have seniority over Geno.
There are plenty of other things against him other than his 3rd partyhood. To be fair though, if he was owned by Nintendo, his chances would be much better.

Last edited by a moderator:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Eh, I'd argue that the fact that he's only ever been in one game doesn't help his chances. Toad, Bowser Jr., Waluigi, Rosalina, and Paper Mario all have seniority over Geno.
There are plenty of other things against him other than his 3rd partyhood. To be fair though, if he was owned by Nintendo, his chances would be much better.
Also have to remember though, its primarily because of him being a Third Party character that he's only starred in one game and had a cameo in another. Had he been Nintendo property this whole time, who knows what all he could have been in. Kind of makes me wish they had signed off on having all the characters back then be Nintendo's.

CF711

Smash Apprentice
Just imagine if they created an elaborate scene during the invitational to announce Geno. The entire stage goes dark, the music from when the doll gets possessed starts playing and a little ray of light floats down towards a Geno doll on stage. The projector plays Geno's newcomer trailer and D1 is just going nuts on the mic the whole time.

That would be so hype.

domriver

Smash Lord
Just imagine if they created an elaborate scene during the invitational to announce Geno. The entire stage goes dark, the music from when the doll gets possessed starts playing and a little ray of light floats down towards a Geno doll on stage. The projector plays Geno's newcomer trailer and D1 is just going nuts on the mic the whole time.

That would be so hype.
That would be perfect. ejejeje

Staarih

Smash Master
A Geno reveal would be heavenly, but sadly, I must remain a pessimist and expect the worst. I still do think Geno would be perfect for a secret character, maybe one of the last unlockables, to create a "wtf, who is this!?"- or "omg he made it in the game!" -situation. Oh, if only...

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
If Geno was in SSB4, wouldn't we have heard that Square Enix was working with Nintendo on the game in some aspect by now?

Mariuigi

Smash Rookie
If Geno was in SSB4, wouldn't we have heard that Square Enix was working with Nintendo on the game in some aspect by now?
Well, did we hear that Nintendo was working with SEGA/Konami before Sonic/Snake were revealed?
And I don't think third parties really "work" with them, I feel like it's more of just Sakurai asking for permission to use that character, and then his team works on it.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Well, did we hear that Nintendo was working with SEGA/Konami before Sonic/Snake were revealed?
And I don't think third parties really "work" with them, I feel like it's more of just Sakurai asking for permission to use that character, and then his team works on it.
They could have signed a non disclosure agreement stating they won't say anything about his inclusion.
Fair points I guess. I don't know; I guess I'm just holding out for Smash 5 (and you know Nintendo's gonna make a Smash 5; Smash is one of their flagship franchises now, they'd never let a good cash cow go to waste). It'd be nice if I was wrong though.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Fair points I guess. I don't know; I guess I'm just holding out for Smash 5 (and you know Nintendo's gonna make a Smash 5; Smash is one of their flagship franchises now, they'd never let a good cash cow go to waste). It'd be nice if I was wrong though.
Hopefully by Smash 5 Nintendo will buy out Square Enix and then have the rights to Geno. Yeah, let's hope **** hits the fan for Sony.

Xigger

Smash Lord
They could have SOLD the rights, therefore no stir in the news. Mario's recent hunger for old games is stronger than ever, even if we're only on Super Mario Bros. 3 right now.

Simensis

Smash Apprentice
I still remember when I was hyped for Geno in the brawl days. He had my support then and he ha my support now thought now my hopes are completely lost. What a great surprise would it be if he or Paper Mario were in. RPG Marios deserve a lot more representation in Smash IMO.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Its a fake comment that never actually happened. Think of it this way, if this were true we would be waiting until the same time the PS6 comes out before we would get a smash game with the Geno for Brawl frenzy.
Except this was after Brawl.
I am not saying I do not SUPPORT Geno, I'm just saying his chances are in jeopardy.

Last edited:

Mariuigi

Smash Rookie
I found this people, and I am just as worried as you.
http://www.p4rgaming.com/masahiro-s...-delay-the-release-by-one-day/comment-page-1/
WE ARE ALL GOING TO DIE :crying:
Super fake. This is on the same website where Sakurai is "quoted" for saying:
"Some people made a modification of Brawl and now think that they’re better than me. I dare them to say that to my face. I’ll have a real brawl with them"

and

“Don’t even get me started on the fans,” warned Sakurai, “Smash Bros. fans are the most insane, overzealous people you will ever meet in your life. I don’t care for them, yet I will still make the best game possible because if I don’t, I will have let myself down. I don’t make this game for anyone but myself. I’ll admit that the person who can tolerate listening to these people is stronger than me. But if there is a person like that in this world, they should work on something more important than a video game.”

Anyway, two more days. Geno at E3 would be pretty hype.

StaffofSmashing

Smash Lord
NNID
Lolu83
3DS FC
1590-5734-6768
Super fake. This is on the same website where Sakurai is "quoted" for saying:
"Some people made a modification of Brawl and now think that they’re better than me. I dare them to say that to my face. I’ll have a real brawl with them"

and

“Don’t even get me started on the fans,” warned Sakurai, “Smash Bros. fans are the most insane, overzealous people you will ever meet in your life. I don’t care for them, yet I will still make the best game possible because if I don’t, I will have let myself down. I don’t make this game for anyone but myself. I’ll admit that the person who can tolerate listening to these people is stronger than me. But if there is a person like that in this world, they should work on something more important than a video game.”

Anyway, two more days. Geno at E3 would be pretty hype.
I was not aware. Don't hurt me.

Staarih

Smash Master
So I had this weird dream last night, the E3 hype must be getting to me... anyway, it was about Geno being revealed as a playable character to Smash along with Pac-Man, and in addition to that, a "Smash Pack"-DLC was annouced for Mario Kart 8, which featured both Geno and Pac-Man as new characters to the game. Oh, if only...

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
So I had this weird dream last night, the E3 hype must be getting to me... anyway, it was about Geno being revealed as a playable character to Smash along with Pac-Man, and in addition to that, a "Smash Pack"-DLC was annouced for Mario Kart 8, which featured both Geno and Pac-Man as new characters to the game. Oh, if only...
A Smash Pack DLC thing like that wouldn't be a bad idea at all, actually.

Top Bottom