• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Honestly, nothing I do at this point will change what people think of me, and besides, I really don't care, because I'm not going to change myself just for the sake of what others think.
Bingo there's the reality of the situation. You've brought your political and religious opinions into subjects that are not related to them, you proclaim free speech but yet expect others to not question with their own free speech, and to be entirely honest I cannot if your serious or if your just trying to troll people at this point.

There is a time and place for that kind of discussion but you seem to insert only as a way to demonize opinions you do not agree with, and that isn't the same thing as having a discussion.

TheDivineDeity

Banned via Administration
Bingo there's the reality of the situation. You've brought your political and religious opinions into subjects that are not related to them, you proclaim free speech but yet expect others to not question with their own free speech, and to be entirely honest I cannot if your serious or if your just trying to troll people at this point.

There is a time and place for that kind of discussion but you seem to insert only as a way to demonize opinions you do not agree with, and that isn't the same thing as having a discussion.
Fine then, I'll avoid it.

TumblrFamous

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW-8429-6803-3691
People accuse you of being arrogant, vile, homophobic, and close-minded. Golden is always open to anything, but if someone does not show him respect, or if they have poor excuses for an argument. Hell never bash anyone for their opinion. Just the way they present it.

Just don't bring up any social political or religious views. Not a lot of people care about other peoples opinions on those matters, and it leads to awful arguments. Just show people respect. Even if they don't to you.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Did anyone catch this Kotaku article today? I'm sure no one's surprised to hear that the developers have no interest in rebooting Mario RPG, but it is disheartening to hear that they don't even really care about the original characters or settings. Sounds like yet another nail in Geno's coffin. \:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Did anyone catch this Kotaku article today? I'm sure no one's surprised to hear that the developers have no interest in rebooting Mario RPG, but it is disheartening to hear that they don't even really care about the original characters or settings. Sounds like yet another nail in Geno's coffin. \:
Ouch, that's quite the heavy hit. It's kind of sad, I can understand if he feels like he accomplished what he could with the world, and even with the characters too, and I can also understand why he probably thinks it all came together pretty well and doesn't want to continue from there. But still...:sadeyes:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace

Damn, that sucks. I can understand not wanting to make an SMRPG sequel because the game really is a one-off sort of thing, but I would hope he'd at least let Nintendo, Square or whomever use Geno or Mallow in Smash.

Also this kind of proves my hypothesis from before that part of AlphaDream's development team are immigrants from Square who have the rights to Geno and have the power to get Geno in a Smash game.

Reznor

work in progress
this kinda makes me feel bad for SMRP fans they might be annoying but they still had passion for a great game and now we find out there is no hope for a sequel

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I'm not paritcularly surprised, it's seems like they've done quite a bit to avoid going in that direction for years.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Well. That is somewhat disappointing.

Can't say I'm surprised though. I had a feeling that if they wanted that to continue, they would have done it by now.

At least we have Paper Mario, Mario RPG's spiritual successor and the Mario and Luigi series.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Just a friendly moderator reminder to stop with the personal attacks and the trolling. I've dished out some infractions here, and don't really feel like doing so again.

Geno is a cool character guys. Be like Geno. Be cool.

Reznor

work in progress
Just a friendly moderator reminder to stop with the personal attacks and the trolling. I've dished out some infractions here, and don't really feel like doing so again.

sorry to go off topic but your avatar is one of the best things ever

on topic would any of you be ok if we got Mallow instead of Geno

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
sorry to go off topic but your avatar is one of the best things ever

on topic would any of you be ok if we got Mallow instead of Geno

Meh. Mallow would bring everything that Geno would bring to the Smash table without really making the fans happy. I wouldn't mind Mallow as an assist trophy though.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Mallow has overall more personality then Geno, but probably would have a less interesting moveset to utilize. Geno is also clearly more heavily requested then Mallow since this is the first time I've seen him brought up.

sunfallSeraph

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5155-4095-3556
Geno is also clearly more heavily requested then Mallow since this is the first time I've seen him brought up.

This. I'd think that Mallow could have a great moveset and playstyle in his own right, but with the clear difference in popularity between the two characters, it'd be pretty hard not to take his inclusion as an amazingly epic troll on the part of the devs.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Given what has been announced I suppose it would be correct to not assume anything. XD

DarkKry4

Smash Ace

wow, this is the first time i seen a moderator intervene :O

Geno is a nobody and he won't be in Smash.

Groose

Smash Champion
I consider it my civic duty to inform you that it is Geno's day on Rate Their Chances.

You may wish to show support to his want percentage.

FZ64

Smash Journeyman
Some one should go start a fundraiser to buy the rights for Geno from Square-enix then sell him to Nintendo for rather low that'll solve our problem :p

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Wow, the Rate Their Chances Day thread was awfully discouraging and disappointing. :(

We really need to drum up support for Geno's inclusion in a Smash game again. I guess I'll have to take some time off today to help however I can.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I'm not even a big SMRPG fan and this is very sad news for me.

I can understand that they don't want a reboot of it, but the fact at how they don't even care about the characters anymore is upsetting. Seems Geno and Mallow may never be seen in another game...

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace

I can understand that they don't want a reboot of it, but the fact at how they don't even care about the characters anymore is upsetting. Seems Geno and Mallow may never be seen in another game...
Maybe we could all write to that director guy in the article and ask him if he would let Square or Nintendo use the characters from SMRPG, since he doesn't want to use them anymore himself.

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman

I interpreted it more that the director doesn't see how he could get Geno and Mallow to return in a game and for it to work well in the story. It's possible that he actually cares for the characters too much to risk tarnishing their legacy by shoehorning them into a story just for the sake of novelty.

That being said, Geno being in SSB4 is a entirely different matter which has nothing to do with the creators of Super Mario RPG, it's down to -

a) Whether Sakurai wants him in the game

and

b) Whether Nintendo and Square would be able to come to an arrangement to allow Geno to appear.

D

Deleted member

Guess that explains why there were no SMRPG characters in the four SE Mario crossovers.

Shame, really. It seems the only chance of a return of those characters falls squarely (no pun intended) on Nintendo's shoulders. And that will only be meager cameos like in Superstar Saga at best unless they buy the rights off Square.
Guess we'll never have a WA trio with Wario, Waluigi, and Boshi (who is "Washi" in Japan).

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I don't know about anyone else but I never expected a SMRPG 2 anyway

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
If they were going do that, they would have done it years ago while the series was heavily popular, though that may have been a result of the break down between Square and Nintendo after the SNES era. Paper Mario and the Mario and Luigi pretty much continued the concept particular in the battle system just with a different appearance so perhaps it was the only way they could do it at the time.

Now they just simply don't care to. All speculation on my part though.

D

Deleted member

To be fair, Paper Mario was originally going to be "SMRPG 2" was it not?
That implies that the thought did occur back then at some point.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
I don't know about anyone else but I never expected a SMRPG 2 anyway
SMRPG did a pretty good job at tying up any loose ends the game could have had but, damnit, I'm still salty that neither Geno or Mallow really came back for anything else because both were really endearing characters. Like Banjo and Kazooie, it's almost painful to think about how well both of them would have fit into Smash.

acekidgravity

Smash Cadet
I may be alienating myself a little bit so early in my posting history...but god do I want Geno in Smash 4. More than anything else. If it was the original 8 and Geno I would buy it for over $100. My lord I want Geno.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
SMRPG did a pretty good job at tying up any loose ends the game could have had but, damnit, I'm still salty that neither Geno or Mallow really came back for anything else because both were really endearing characters. Like Banjo and Kazooie, it's almost painful to think about how well both of them would have fit into Smash.
Don't speak in would-have-beens and could-have-beens. There's always hope, we just need to band all of the Geno fans together and get stuff accomplished (if I could ever be bothered to do it, hold on)

EDIT: Ok, never mind, I'll make a new post in the morning, ****'s about to get real. Well, maybe. :D

Xigger

Smash Lord
Geno is a nobody and he won't be in Smash.
There's truth to that, in the viewpoint of Nintendo's history (and Mario's history for that matter) but either way Smash is the game that makes you remember your Nintendian history. And remember which ones aren't in Smash.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Hold onto your underwear, folks, because we're about to start the EPIC GENO LETTER-WRITING CAMPAIGN! :D

Sign the petition here: https://www.change.org/petitions/square-enix-please-let-nintendo-put-geno-in-a-smash-game

Spread the word on Twitter! Use the hashtag #GenoForSmashBros and tweet @Sora_Sakurai and @Square_Enix to let them know we want Geno in Smash!

Email the CEO of Square Enix North America, Phil Rogers, directly via his email at his blog entry here: http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/note-phil-rogers-ceo

Join the Thunderclap! https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/3494-get-geno-in-a-smash-bros-game

Like the campaign on Facebook: http://on.fb.me/13Osw6Z

Also link people to the petition, et. al in the Miiverse!

We need people to make posts about the campaign at other forums, like Gamespot, GameFAQs, and such, so any of you guys who already have accounts there, go go go!

Spread the word everywhere! From forum to shining forum! Tell all the Geno fans and all of the Super Mario RPG fans! Make some magic happen!

(I really need something better to do with my free time :p )

FZ64

Smash Journeyman
Hold onto your underwear, folks, because we're about to start the EPIC GENO LETTER-WRITING CAMPAIGN! :D

Sign the petition here: https://www.change.org/petitions/square-enix-please-let-nintendo-put-geno-in-a-smash-game

Spread the word on Twitter! Use the hashtag #GenoForSmashBros and tweet @Sora_Sakurai and @Square_Enix to let them know we want Geno in Smash!

Email the CEO of Square Enix North America, Phil Rogers, directly via his email at his blog entry here: http://na.square-enix.com/us/blog/note-phil-rogers-ceo

Join the Thunderclap! https://www.thunderclap.it/projects/3494-get-geno-in-a-smash-bros-game

Spread the word everywhere! From forum to shining forum! Tell all the Geno fans and all of the Super Mario RPG fans! Make some magic happen!

(I really need something better to do with my free time :p )
only 99 more psssh make that 98 :D

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
only 99 more psssh make that 98 :D

EVERYBODY SPREAD THE WORD TO AS MANY SUPER MARIO RPG FANS AS POSSIBLE.

That Phil Rogers guy is the new CEO of Square-Enix North America, he's taking suggestions, which is why right now he's one of the Square execs we're campaigning. He's the one who'd most likely help us.

And everybody join the Thunderclap too, it's lonely. You don't have to do any separate signups, it works through your Facebook, Twitter or Tumblr.

Do it! :D

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
the Troll campaign of that reggie guy got way more signatures (pointless trolling considering the smash team already stopped taking request)

this flop campaign will go nowhere unfortunately. Literally everything ive seen lately pretty much points against Geno's chances.

Top Bottom