• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Generic Tournament Name"

Ereth

Murda Bidness
Venue: 5902 NW 28th Terrace Gainesville, FL 32653 (aka Apple Jelly's house)
If you need help getting there use a map

Doubles Registration: 11:00
Doubles Begins: 11:30
Singles Registration: 11:00
Singles Begins: Immediately After Doubles

Door Fee: $3 (bring a setup and it will be waived; A setup is a tv and wii with a copy of brawl)

Singles $5
Doubles $10 per team (mid tiers only!)
Payout: 60/30/10

Possible Allbrawl side tourney?
Post-Tourney party included

Rules:

3 stocks
8 minute time limit
Items are set to “Off” and “None”
All infinites and chain grabs are legal.
Meta Knight’s Infinite Cape glitch and Extended Cape glitch are banned.
There is a ledge grab limit of 40 for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the ledge grab limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their ledge grab limit, then this rule is ignored.
The act of stalling is banned.
If time runs out, the winner of the match will be the one called out by the game. If it goes to Sudden Death, then it is determined by percentage. If the percentage and/or both players die at the same time as a result of a suicide move, a one stock 3 minute tie break match is held. Ledge grab limits are reduced to 13 for Meta Knight and 18 for all other characters.
The only other exception to this is the game ending from a Bowser or Ganondorf suicide tactic, where the initiator of the move wins.

Conduct
In the event pause is left on accidentally and is pressed, immediately call over the tournament organizer. Based upon their judgment, the situation will be resolved. If your situation is neutral (players are not in combat), the match will be resumed as if the pause had not occurred. If your situation is advantageous to one individual and the player in the disadvantageous situation paused, the disadvantaged player will be either placed in a grab or onto the ledge of the stage. If a player is in a death situation (chain grabs, grab releases, jab-locks to a KO move, etc) and pauses while such situation, the current stock is forfeited immediately. If a player unpause before the tournament organizer reaches the station, the player that unpaused loses a stock.
Users of the Wii Remote must take out the Wiimote's batteries. If problems persist due to the Wiimote, the owner of the Wiimote may be disqualified.
You are responsible for your own controller and name tag. Any malfunctions or errors that occur are your responsibility (including battery issues with a Wii Remote), so bring an extra controller if possible and always check to make sure you're using the correct settings BEFORE a match is played. Both parties need to agree if a match is to be paused or restarted because of these problems.
The tournament organizer has the right to save/record any tournament match if possible and has the right to upload said match.

Starter
Smashville
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Yoshi's Island

Counterpick
Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Delfino PLaza
Frigate Orpheon

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
The week after people are driving to Gainseville for his big party? Sorry, can't make that drive twice. Just do it the week before for convenience for outsiders.

Ereth

Murda Bidness
The week after people are driving to Gainseville for his big party? Sorry, can't make that drive twice. Just do it the week before for convenience for outsiders.
Makes sense, we might have to start it earlier then so we'll be done by the time the party is starting

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Yes, and it definitely would be more organized/efficient to have all the event registration at once (before doubles). That way you can shorten an hour long gap to maybe half an hour, for food and whatnot.

If this date remains I'll be there

:phone:
The date on the thread or the date being talked about? lol
There's a party the week before, at the same place. Join us.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
either make it the date currently scheduled or later, this saturday is no good.

I know this is your house and all Dylan so im not really sure if there is a size cap or not. I only ask because ive been talking to zero and he'd be interested to come down to florida but he still needs a reason to bus down from philly or wherever he is right now. So i'd guess a turnout minimum somewhere 20-30 might fancy him but I'm not gonna say hes doing it for sure since he could change his mind, thats what hes told me the past few days and all.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Finally a good Meta Knight to play in this state? Too bad he'd only come for money.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
I mean he mostly just wants to do it for practice/fun. Its obviously going to cost money either flying/busing it, so it needs a decent turnout. I mean i wouldnt fly to somewhere like nj for a 10 man tourney either. entrance fee is 5$, not much money to be made anyways.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Hes trying to get from PHL to orlando. i suggested busing here but looking at the prices on megabus are actually rather pricey. he'd have to megabus to a an airport that is cheaper than PHL such as nyc for perhaps 20, then the flight would be like 175 or so. the roundtrip price then becomes like 200$...

Ereth

Murda Bidness
Well, as of right now nothing is set in stone, I would prefer it to be on the 2nd. We can raise the price as well. It started low because I want more locals to come.

Lad

Smash Apprentice
The date on the thread or the date being talked about? lol
There's a party the week before, at the same place. Join us.
The one on the thread, I see what you mean now. I'd rather not make the drive to Gainesville twice XDDDDDDDD

SxK

Karakuri Shogun mdl 00 "Burei"
for anyone who is interested, I'll try and house people on that friday (aka the first) to make the trip a little easier.
just message me on here or on facebook for the details.
if Zero wants to come that'd be hype, but I'm not sure how many people outside of Gainesville are actually coming.

NOTE*
because of the party the night of, everyone please brings setups to make things much faster.
i'd rather not have the party/tournament clash too much. The party is set to start at 10.
door fee helps fund the party btw, so stay and have fun.

-DR3W-

Smash Champion
NNID
DrewTheAsher
Money matches plz.

And as always my trademarked reverse main money match is offered! Name your price or we can do the typical dollar.

( you'd use :falco: )

CRODD

Smash Apprentice
Luigi vs falco, its going to be epic. Tho my falco is garbage lol. After we could do a regular 1$ mm

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2

anyway, I might show up for hanging out/party, even though I don't drink. Gotta see whats going on first

if i do come, I'm down to play people in friendlies. God knows you *****s dont get diddy or GOOD wario practice

Top Bottom