• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Generation: a tech skill video by Blind fox/falco

Bones0

Smash Legend
Good **** man. I enjoyed it. I'm going to have to try those moonwalks into shai drops. lol Also, how do you do multi moonwalks with spacies? I can do regular moonwalks and stick walks, but I can never do a second moonwalk (even a small one).

strawhats

Smash Master
Good **** man. I enjoyed it. I'm going to have to try those moonwalks into shai drops. lol Also, how do you do multi moonwalks with spacies? I can do regular moonwalks and stick walks, but I can never do a second moonwalk (even a small one).
This^^^^^^sooo much this. I can't do a second one to save my life.

Good **** Blindfreak...really liked this video.

blindfreak9

Smash Cadet
This^^^^^^sooo much this. I can't do a second one to save my life.

Good **** Blindfreak...really liked this video.
First off thanks for the positive feedback. So, I have my own technique to moonwalking that I haven't seen every guides on which basically involves abbreviating and simplifying all the steps in order to moonwalk faster. Think of the control stick as a clock for ill be referring to the position of the control stick as time. Lets say ur facing to the right on fd and u r trying to moonwalk twice to get on the ledge. First, and most obviously, u have to start the process by walking to the right (3 oclock) (VERY HARD AND CLOSE TO IMPOSSIBLE IF U DASH) and then quickly bring the control stick to around 7:30, and then quickly over to 4:30. By using this technique, I have found that i need to move the control stick about half the distance that most people move it and therefore making moonwalking extremely easy. Now, the hard part is connecting the first moonwalk u did with a second one. After you hit the control stick to 4:30ish, u have to wait about 1/3 of a second (20 frames) to bring the control stick over to around 8:00, and then as quickly as possible back to 4:30.

Let me know if this helped ill probably make a multimoonwalking tutorial sometime in the near future if enough people are eager enough to learn how to do it.

:phone:

blindfreak9

Smash Cadet
Wow, this was really legit. I'd love to see some of your matches.
On my channel I have a match from me (blind) vs zelgadis. Um, I'm only good at tech skill lol but I think I did decent for playing for like half a year roughly

blindfreak9

Smash Cadet
First off thanks for the positive feedback. So, I have my own technique to moonwalking that I haven't seen every guides on which basically involves abbreviating and simplifying all the steps in order to moonwalk faster. Think of the control stick as a clock for ill be referring to the position of the control stick as time. Lets say ur facing to the right on fd and u r trying to moonwalk twice to get on the ledge. First, and most obviously, u have to start the process by walking to the right (3 oclock) (VERY HARD AND CLOSE TO IMPOSSIBLE IF U DASH) and then quickly bring the control stick to around 7:30, and then quickly over to 4:30. By using this technique, I have found that i need to move the control stick about half the distance that most people move it and therefore making moonwalking extremely easy. Now, the hard part is connecting the first moonwalk u did with a second one. After you hit the control stick to 4:30ish, u have to wait about 1/3 of a second (20 frames) to bring the control stick over to around 8:00, and then as quickly as possible back to 4:30.

Let me know if this helped ill probably make a multimoonwalking tutorial sometime in the near future if enough people are eager enough to learn how to do it.

does this help?

Bones0

Smash Legend
If I sticky walk, does that mean I did the second moonwalk too early, or do I have to moonwalk OUT of the sticky walk?

blindfreak9

Smash Cadet
If I sticky walk, does that mean I did the second moonwalk too early, or do I have to moonwalk OUT of the sticky walk?
if you sticky walk, I believe that you are holding the direction you are facing in the second moonwalk for too long. I think that to do a perfect moonwalk, you have to hold the direction you are facing for 1 frame, and then the direction you want to travel for 19 frames and then repeat over and over again. so try not holding the direction you are facing for too long maybe? could u record it and upload it and put it in this thread and i could help?

blindfreak9

Smash Cadet
I also think it means that you did it too early. try going into training mode to do it. first try doing 2 moonwalks on 1/4 speed, then 1/2, then 2/3, then normal speed. That's what i did and it really helped me. Also u could wear a bunny hood when you do it, because although it makes you move farther and it kinda cheating... it doesn't affect the timing at which the moonwalks need to be done at. Try doing these things and it should help ur moonwalks

Top Bottom