• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mario Universe General Super Mario Discussion Thread - "It'sa Me, Mario!"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Remember the Newground links I posted earlier?

Thanks to everyones high ratings, 3 GaMetal songs (Meta Knights Revenge, Smash Bros Brawl Main Theme, and Legend of Mario) have been featured in the all time top scoring list. Thank you!

For those interested, the next GaMetal songs will be as follows (subject to change)

A Sonic 3 song
Attack of the Koopa Bros (Paper Mario)
Bowser (SMW2)
One of the following: Zero Two (Kirby 64), SM64 Staff Roll, SMB2 Overworld.
Bowser (SMW2)
Bowser (SMW2)
I. WANT. THAT SMW2 MIX. YES PLZ.

justaway12

Smash Master
Ohh, good luck! This place needs more activity!

IU wishes you luck too =}

I can't remember what rank I got for Luigi's Mansion ;O;
I soo want to play it again, since I played this when i was a kid, I was superrr scared of it and it took quite a while as well.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Ohh, good luck! This place needs more activity!

IU wishes you luck too =}

I can't remember what rank I got for Luigi's Mansion ;O;
I soo want to play it again, since I played this when i was a kid, I was superrr scared of it and it took quite a while as well.
Yay for IU! <333

I'll try my best. It's not easy as coming up with projects for Pokemon, though!

justaway12

Smash Master
Oh, it's okay, no pressure or anything! This place is slow right now and it's a shame this place isn't as active as Pokemon or LoZ but I'm sure something will happen to boost activity, if you can't think of anything, that is.

It's Mario! *****es better appreciate :mad:

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
Mario Sports Mix come's out in a few weeks, and have Wifi, maybe that would increase activity... or if I get more active online. =P

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I already completed my interview with the Sonics, so not much would change about me if I got interviewed here too.

Unless all the questions I'd get were Mario-centric XD

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
There's a general tendency to have the Moderators interviewed first. from my experiences running interviews on Smashboards and on other forums in the past, so I'm generally not surprised.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
So I've recently been to Slimey Spring Galaxy for the first time. It was...weird. Sorta depressing compared to the other levels in SMG2.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
I actually found that depressing feel to Slimy Spring Galaxy to be a welcome experience. I was getting bored with all the hustle and bustle of other Galaxies, but Slimy Spring was great just for being a challenging level that felt so empty.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Man, I keep hearing all this great stuff about Super Mario Galaxy 2, but there are so many upcoming games which are all so amazing, just the 3DS in itself, for example.

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Paper Mario 3DS
Mario Kart 3DS
Mario Sports Mix
A Mario and Sonic that is apparently not an Olympics/Sports title

Hype.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
For the Mario/Sonic title, I would love for it to be a platformer. I mean, there are awesome aspects of both series.
-Mario's gimmicks
-Sonic's speed
-Sonic's music
-Mario's powerups

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
Sonic Colors proved that Sonic can work well with powerups, but I wonder how well Mario would work with Sonic's items.

Mario with a Lightning Shield, Fire Shield, or a Bubble Shield. The Bubble Shield would me worthless since Mario has infinite air supply anyway. And then there's the Sonic Adventure powerups like the Light Dash and the Light Attack. Hmm.

But I predict the Mario/Sonic game will be the next Mario Party that's long overdue, so it won't matter at the moment.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
Not even just Mario games, though! Ocarina of Time 3DS, Star Fox 64 3DS, Black / White, there's just so many!
Yeah! I kind of had an intense discussion about the new OoT in the "Ocarina of Time 3DS Remake" thread, but now we're in peace... that seems like it's gonna be really cool when released.

Moreover, could you "Prank" me...? :p

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
I still have yet to see another Luigi title. I always thought Luigi's Mansion was a success (though it could've been LONGER). And Camelot gave us Waluigi...so where's the game for those two?

I think Nintendo needs to branch out a little more. They've got tons of personality in these characters they've conjured up.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Yeah! I kind of had an intense discussion about the new OoT in the "Ocarina of Time 3DS Remake" thread, but now we're in peace... that seems like it's gonna be really cool when released.

Moreover, could you "Prank" me...? :p
I think I'll prank people under my own radar, so you'll never know!

Mr. Johan

Smash Hero
NNID
Sonicboom93
How so?

Mario is the Mario, brave, the Silent, great jumping prowess, happy-go-lucky....and that's it.

Luigi is the pure-hearted, lovable, but weak-kneed partner. His personality was fleshed out in Mansion, and was kept consistent in the Mario and Luigi games. Paper Mario gave Luigi a more confident persona, but he still remained a goofball.

Wario is a greedy fat ******* that either wants to :green: Mario, or just make a quick buck. Both facets of his character are seen in Super Mario Land 2, the Wario Lands, Wario World, and WarioWare.

Waluigi.......hates Luigi. That's pretty much it, lol. Potential backstory in a future game, perhaps, but he's just so flat to work with.

Peach is the peaceful, stubborn, joyful princess. Her bravery and desire to help is shown in the RPGs, and she proves her worth in Super Princess Peach. Her character's established, there's not really much to with from there, unless a Super Princess Peach sequel is made.

Bowser is the ruthless king in the platformers, an idiot in the Mario and Luigi RPGs, and a romantic idiot in the Paper Marios. All facets are explored to the bone in each game he's in, and BiS was his shining moment. Where can he go from there?

Daisy...lol. One game in the continuity and she's basically a carbon copy of Peach. She's a tomboy in the side-games, but how would she work in a platformer?

Yoshi's character is explored only if there is a baby in the game, excluding Paper Mario (and even then there were Yoshi babies lol). Where can Yoshi's character be explored?

I just have a hard time seeing how games can be made to explore the character personalities, if a majority of them already have it panned out or don't have much of a personality at all.

UberMario

Smash Master
Yoshi's character is explored only if there is a baby in the game, excluding Paper Mario (and even then there were Yoshi babies lol). Where can Yoshi's character be explored?
The original Mario Party emphasized that his strength is kindness, and Yoshi's Island and Yoshi's Safari proved that it sure as heck isn't a weakness, taking out monsters more than 20 times his size in the former and in the latter, he let Mario ride him while he is use the equivalent of a laser machine gun to take out robots and warships that are armed with turrets, so he's at least part bad***.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
How so?

Luigi is the pure-hearted, lovable, but weak-kneed partner. His personality was fleshed out in Mansion, and was kept consistent in the Mario and Luigi games. Paper Mario gave Luigi a more confident persona, but he still remained a goofball.

Waluigi.......hates Luigi. That's pretty much it, lol. Potential backstory in a future game, perhaps, but he's just so flat to work with.
Seriously?

I just want to point out that Mario games are not for story, like, ever. But it's pretty easy to make something quirky and interesting in Mario games, so I really don't find this to be a problem.

Luigi's got enough in him for another back-story now. Waluigi's been evil and has yet to be used so he's got potential. Think about it more, I think you're selling them short.

Mr.Freeman

Smash Ace
I actually found that depressing feel to Slimy Spring Galaxy to be a welcome experience. I was getting bored with all the hustle and bustle of other Galaxies, but Slimy Spring was great just for being a challenging level that felt so empty.
Oh yeah, I did like the emptiness. Especially the
suprise sunset vista
at the end.

I wish I could be pranked...

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
@Terywj no problem
Was just a wish to make my name a little different though, and you're not a genius in a bottle, so never mind. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom