• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

rocker1356

Smash Cadet
I have a question. I am trying to learn to play the Ice Climbers but they do not seem to work well. Do you have any tips or strategies I could use?

Dark Popo

Smash Cadet
ok I'm not even good enough yet.
I'm not telling u who I play as though. :p
-looks at sig spot-

Umm, Falco?

I have a question. I am trying to learn to play the Ice Climbers but they do not seem to work well. Do you have any tips or strategies I could use?
I kinda learned some moves from videos on youtube. I mainly liked playing as them from Melee (awesome wavedashing too ^^;) <- Random.

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
@darkpopo thts 1 of them thts my best character.
And rocker all u have to do is learn how to desync them and then u can come up with ur own techniques. A good general technique I got from ~kawaii bunny~ is to cover ur sides. Thx kawaii bunny!!

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
1. Learn to play smart
2. Learn to space
3. Learn some basic CGing like Dthrow to fair
4. Learn to desync
5. Learn to CG
6. PROFIT!!!1111

smaci92

Smash Lord
k ur welcome but don't multi-post just edit
@darkpopo thts 1 of them thts my best character.
And rocker all u have to do is learn how to desync them and then u can come up with ur own techniques. A good general technique I got from ~kawaii bunny~ is to cover ur sides. Thx kawaii bunny!!
^I see you've finally learned some stuff on here reapd!!! good for you :laugh:. You've learnt to edit your posts and even give some basic advice!!! i thought you'd never learn by all the nooby questions you were asking! lol....no offense...but to be honest, your questions were pretty funny :chuckle:

Swordplay

Smash Lord
Wow some of you IC players are jumpy....

I posted for the first time in a long time in the IC section (this thread in particular) and I already have a but load of requests from IC players.....

just sayin.....

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
^I see you've finally learned some stuff on here reapd!!! good for you :laugh:. You've learnt to edit your posts and even give some basic advice!!! i thought you'd never learn by all the nooby questions you were asking! lol....no offense...but to be honest, your questions were pretty funny :chuckle:
hey smaci I know this isn't the Q&A for ZSS. But the thread sucks. Can u give me some good techniques for her. THX

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
hey smaci I know this isn't the Q&A for ZSS. But the thread sucks. Can u give me some good techniques for her. THX
Want to know something about a certain character? Go ask in their boards, not annother's chracter boards. Even if the thread "sucks", you should still post there,

Reapd

Smash Apprentice

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
She/he is not on, wait for him/her; you say the ZSS board sucks just because you do not like their answer and go ask in their boards, not another's character boards.

Learn to type properly or post as properly as you can.

You can also look at their guide and check information about the character.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
You deserve a facepalm....

They won't answer you because your grammer is horrible, you don't know how to type properly and nicely, and stop bugging one person just because people won't answer you. It's not right and will never be so.

Learn, try again and repeat.

Dark Popo

Smash Cadet
You deserve a facepalm....

They won't answer you because your grammer is horrible, you don't know how to type properly and nicely, and stop bugging one person just because people won't answer you. It's not right and will never be so.

Learn, try again and repeat.
Ooh, look at that word I bolded. -facepalms to you-...also lols.

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
Yes I am horrible at spelling, but at least I try to type properly and correctly.

smaci92

Smash Lord
umm...you could go to the Q and A thread on the ZSS boards. This is strictly IC questions and answers. There's other boards for a reason. And why would I want to help you after this comment about my thread that has helped so many new IC mainers lol:
But the thread sucks.

Miller

Smash Lord
Reapd, we can understand you, but we don't feel like reading **** that just looks horrible. Its a waste of our time to respond to someone who lacks the intelligence to add capitals, periods and commas.

I finally got the hang of backthrowing smaller characters...I just need help with the bigger ones...
Time it later, give it an extra half second. It takes longer for the animation to begin and the animation itself is a bit laggier. Try timing it like .5 seconds later. Once you get it the first few times, you should feel it and you should be able to act accordingly to that feeling. That is the meaning of IC.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I finally got the hang of backthrowing smaller characters...I just need help with the bigger ones...
Well, I recently figured out how to throw heavy weights and this is what I found out about them.

It's not really that different from chaining normal people. Just think of it that way for a sec. Now add in a delay in between the time you inputted the throw movement/walking movement for the non-grabbing Ice Climber and the grabbing input.

For example, instead of down throwing to a jump and Fair (whether you c-stick it or not), you now wait a little and then initiate the jump and fair part. The character's weight affects the rate of speed they go at when they get hit by an attack in any direction (not just upward) so when you are doing this begining chain from 0-25%, it requires a slight delay to be able to have them fly into the position that Nana can spike them at. Though it may seem as though the opponent may have a chance to jump out of it (they seem to be floating upward instead of flying upward like normal characters), they seem to also have hit-stun proportionate to the distance that they travel with their slowed speed because of being heavy weight making it so that when you finish the down throw making the delay needed in order to let their slower momentum place them in the proper spot for Nana to spike them so you can regrab.

For normal chains, add in a delay between the throwing command and the regrabing command. If your chain grab requires some movement (forward and down chains), slow the walk down so that it adapts to the speed of the delay and make it so that you travel that same distance in a slower walk to fulfill the longer time span.

I hope this helped somehow...

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
Reapd, we can understand you, but we don't feel like reading **** that just looks horrible. Its a waste of our time to respond to someone who lacks the intelligence to add capitals, periods and commas.

Time it later, give it an extra half second. It takes longer for the animation to begin and the animation itself is a bit laggier. Try timing it like .5 seconds later. Once you get it the first few times, you should feel it and you should be able to act accordingly to that feeling. That is the meaning of IC.
Ok, fine. I guess I kinda overreacted. Thanks. :laugh:
Oh and by the way, I was practicing with the IC on level 1's, and then I played an actual player and I couldn't do anything. Any help??

smaci92

Smash Lord
hey, any of you guys notice that when you pick the red/light blue costume, Nana is the lead IC?

just something interesting...don't know if any of you guys knew this lol. let me know...

Reapd

Smash Apprentice
hey, any of you guys notice that when you pick the red/light blue costume, Nana is the lead IC?

just something interesting...don't know if any of you guys knew this lol. let me know...
Actually no I didn't thanks for that tidbit.:)

Switch FC
SW 1721 4573 3132
I use both blue ones, Popo blue, and Nana blue.

Edit: Everyone knows this but..

Popo leader: Blue/Pink, Green/Yellow, Blue/Blue.
Nana leader: Red/Cyan, Black/Grey, White/ White.

Yup, I believe I am. I just have a better understanding of them then most people.
You have a lot on confidence in yourself.

Top Bottom