• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General ICs Q&A Thread

NinjaFoxX

Banned via Warnings
i have an (important) CG question.

the bthrow-bthrow works on everyone right?and its also one of the fastest chains we have and its inescapable so...

should i drop all my other CGs and just use this one?

Grimice

Smash Apprentice
Hi there i recently picked up the ice climbers, my chain grabs i picked up fairly easy except the backthrow, a lot of people say they leearned the backthrow GC first, the problem im having is i grab with popo then when i backthrow to nana i make the grab no problem, now the problem im having is when i tap back again to do another back throw popo runs away making the grab impossible, from the videos i saw people just spammed this and the IC's barely even moved and just kept exchangeing grabs, what am i doing wrong????

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
i have an (important) CG question.

the bthrow-bthrow works on everyone right?and its also one of the fastest chains we have and its inescapable so...

should i drop all my other CGs and just use this one?
Alternate b-throws are hard & uncomfortable on certain characters like Snake, Link, Yoshi, Lucas, etc. so maybe hobbling works on them. As for the alternate b-throw, it works with the rest who is easier to CG.

Suncity

Smash Rookie
I have de same problem than you Grimice, the backthro to Nana works perfecly (on most characters), but then I can't backthrow to Popo, the only things i can do then is downthrow to popo or fowardthrow to popo, for the character like bowser or Dedede.

And most of time the opponent can just escape the grab before I throw to Nana, cause I'm to slow. So how exactly can I perform the backthrow-backthrow, or backthrow-fowardthrow, but verry fast?

ignore the fire

Smash Journeyman
QUESTION:

Is there a sure-fire way to land an IB lock?
The fair can be smash DIed so that they bounce far enough to escape the lock...
I can do it if I catch them off guard, but I can never really on it?
Is a footstool setup possible?

lain

Smash Master
There is no way unless they don't tech, smash di, or hold a direction before the IB hits them, it's unreliable, but definitely still easy to catch most people in it the first time or two.

but no you can't ever really rely on it.

I don't believe there is a footstool setup of any kind.

smaci92

Smash Lord
QUESTION:

Is there a sure-fire way to land an IB lock?
The fair can be smash DIed so that they bounce far enough to escape the lock...
I can do it if I catch them off guard, but I can never really on it?
Is a footstool setup possible?
I think bobbling to IBL works...do the hylian heavyweight bthrow > footstool thing and shoot more ice blocks (it turns into an IBL). what's even better, is that if your opponent doesn't know how to DI, it can turn into a moonwalk lock, and you can follow with fsmash for the kill :p lol bthrow > footstool > IBL's are the best setups IMO...

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Dash dance desynch or Z+Back seem to be the fastest.

Those are the ones I use anyway. Stutter step is good too, but only cool people can use that one. :colorful:

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
when your oponenet has a high percent how do you dthrow then fsmash? he always jumps to high for e to chain?
You buffer (input the command earlier) an Fsmash, you don't have to throw him and than Fsmash, you can Fsmash twice. The last Fsmash will knock him out of your grab.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Where do all these people come from?

Seriously.

l!nk_aut

Smash Journeyman
hey i need some help. at the bthrow dthrow chaingrab. when nana dthrows to popo and popo grabs nana usually pulls out her shield for a very short time but my problem is the she grabs- WHY?!?!

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
Yes, I still need even more clarification about this... I think Chibi said that it is because you (popo) are doing a walking grab so nana does a walking shield instead of a grab but I'm not fully sure. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Yes, I still need even more clarification about this... I think Chibi said that it is because you (popo) are doing a walking grab so nana does a walking shield instead of a grab but I'm not fully sure. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?
Well, let me clarify this:

Nana is grabbed because: After Popo has done his b-throw, it's time for the d-throw. When Nana does a d-throw, she grabs right? Well, to make Nana shield instead of grab is move Popo and grab after Nana's d-throw. This will make Nana shield. In other words, tilt the control stick slightly to move Popo and then grab after her d-throw.

Top Bottom