• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Disney Discussion

Are you excited for Toy Story 4?

• No, I thought the trilogy ended perfectly. Pixar should move onto something else.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I never really liked Toy Story.

• Yes, I didn't really grow up with the original trilogy but I would love to see the characters again!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
MAJOR release date changes for the upcoming Pixar films!

Obvious changes:
  • The Good Dinosaur and Finding Dory have the same dates as scheduled
  • Cars 2 moved up to Toy Story 4's original release date
  • Coco is finally given a confirmed date in 2017
  • Toy Story 4 and The Incredibles 2 are pushed to 2018-19
I'm quite saddened by the push back of TS4 but at least it will give them enough time to fully flesh out Pixar's famous franchise. I have more faith in the film now.
I'm glad Pixar's upcoming films finally having release dates.

*sees Cars 3's release date* No thank you. *walks off uninterested*

I mean I prefer being dragged to this than Hotel Transylvania 2 at least. Still been pushing it off because a sibling of mine wants to see it (psst, save me).
You poor soul.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Looks like we have our Moana!

And for you Gravity Falls fanatics, there will be a "replica" Mystery Journal released on July 26th, 2016. In addition to replicating the pages in the journal, it will also go into the mythos of Gravity Falls.

Related to the Pixar release dates, two mysterious release dates appeared for two unannounced films. We should hear more on those in the future.

In addition, I found this Toy Story display at Disneyland pretty interesting.
The use of actual Disney Store and Thinkway toys for the display was a nice touch. Now if they could just release that cool looking Bo Peep in the display...

And if you haven't already, ComingSoon.net has preview of each character revealed in some form in The Good Dinosaur.
http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/features/620505-meet-the-good-dinosaur-characters#/slide/1

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So they did a formal unveiling of the Star Wars: The Force Awakens figures that are gonna be in Infinity. We knew about Finn and Rey already from D23, but today we got official confirmation of Poe and Kylo Ren. They all look great!

Source.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Looks like we have our Moana!

And for you Gravity Falls fanatics, there will be a "replica" Mystery Journal released on July 26th, 2016. In addition to replicating the pages in the journal, it will also go into the mythos of Gravity Falls.

Related to the Pixar release dates, two mysterious release dates appeared for two unannounced films. We should hear more on those in the future.

In addition, I found this Toy Story display at Disneyland pretty interesting.
The use of actual Disney Store and Thinkway toys for the display was a nice touch. Now if they could just release that cool looking Bo Peep in the display...

And if you haven't already, ComingSoon.net has preview of each character revealed in some form in The Good Dinosaur.

I'm betting those 2 Pixar dates are a 3rd Incredibles film (wishful thinking as the 2nd film would have been long out at that point, but if the 2nd film ages the family to put focus on the kids, then the series is probably finished as Bird would have no where else to take them, unless he make a prequel focusing on a younger Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl as kids/pre-teens going on an adventure and starting their superhero career together and a spin-off film focusing on 1 of the kids), but I'm going to bet the 1st film in that list is an obvious sequel to A Bug's Life, while the 2nd film is an original film (a film set in Japan focusing on a young kid that tries to bring honor back to his family (Why does that sound like something Mulan would do).

Is it me or is Buzz trying to pull off the Shoryuken? (Buzzyuken anyone?)

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431

I'm betting those 2 Pixar dates are a 3rd Incredibles film (wishful thinking as the 2nd film would have been long out at that point, but if the 2nd film ages the family to put focus on the kids, then the series is probably finished as Bird would have no where else to take them, unless he make a prequel focusing on a younger Mr. Incredible and Elastigirl as kids/pre-teens going on an adventure and starting their superhero career together and a spin-off film focusing on 1 of the kids), but I'm going to bet the 1st film in that list is an obvious sequel to A Bug's Life, while the 2nd film is an original film (a film set in Japan focusing on a young kid that tries to bring honor back to his family (Why does that sound like something Mulan would do).
To be very honest, we know next to nothing on the two 2020 Pixar films. Whether those are more sequels (please no) or new ideas will be known by D23 2017 and 2019.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm a bit irritated that so many sequels are squashed together in a block like this.

On a more fun note, who has seen this:

It's amazing, definitely looking forward to hearing the rest of this album.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Ohhhh hoo hoo hoo.

So here's an actual leak that I've been trying to track down for a while now. Tip: When something leaks and Disney is involved, it tends to disappear quickly. So thank you, random Youtuber for providing something to screenshot.

So there's been things saying that there were four unannounced Marvel characters for Disney Infinity 3.0. Later, one was (rather anticlimactically) revealed to be another version of Captain America. That left three remaining. GUESS WHAT AMAZON LEAKED.

View attachment 78880
The long-teased-but-not-shown Ant-Man, Vision, and Black Panther. :D

Now there's one figure whose absence has been causing quite the stir, and that is Scarlet Witch. By all intents and purposes she SHOULD be in the game. She makes so much sense. But apparently they just recently said that the new Cap figure...doesn't count toward the four figure total...so apparently there's another figure. Here's hoping it's her. I'd hate for her to be left out.

But really I'm just hyped for Ant-Man and Vision.
Cross-posting from the Nintenzone Social. :p

Thoughts?

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Figure I'd drop these here.

Strawpolls. This time it's about Disney characters you would want to see in Infinity. There are options for "Other" in the later parts, keep in mind. Also multi-voting. Vote for anyone and everyone you'd want! Just remember to state in the thread what your "Other" vote was.

http://strawpoll.me/5785410
http://strawpoll.me/5785453
http://strawpoll.me/5785493
http://strawpoll.me/5785535
http://strawpoll.me/5785566
http://strawpoll.me/5785596
http://strawpoll.me/5785626

Certain characters were kept off due to licensing issues, namely Tarzan, Mr. Potato Head, and the Marvel characters that are still with Fox as far as their film licenses.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I am so bad at updating in between school and studying. Anyway, let's get back into the swing of things.

First we have the final Star Wars Episode VII trailer! This trailer gives us more insight on the galaxy far, far away. Anyone think there might be a cameo from one of the classic SW characters?
Next up, we have a sneak peek of Pixar's latest short "Sanjay's Super Team".

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Figure I'd drop these here.

Strawpolls. This time it's about Disney characters you would want to see in Infinity. There are options for "Other" in the later parts, keep in mind. Also multi-voting. Vote for anyone and everyone you'd want! Just remember to state in the thread what your "Other" vote was.

http://strawpoll.me/5785410
http://strawpoll.me/5785453
http://strawpoll.me/5785493
http://strawpoll.me/5785535
http://strawpoll.me/5785566
http://strawpoll.me/5785596
http://strawpoll.me/5785626

Certain characters were kept off due to licensing issues, namely Tarzan, Mr. Potato Head, and the Marvel characters that are still with Fox as far as their film licenses.
Your Poll's lack of Scrooge McDuck and Roger Rabbit... Disturbs me.
Also, I was a goof and forgot to vote for goofy in the first poll.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I now want Disney Infinity with the inclusion of Arlo and Spot. I'm glad they had his same voice actor record lines for him in the game.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
I now want Disney Infinity with the inclusion of Arlo and Spot. I'm glad they had his same voice actor record lines for him in the game.
Great so now Dash can ride himself in dino form (if anyone gets the reference you get free hugs from my Violet plushie).

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
Judy Hopp's father's name is Stu. That was the name of my friend's rabbit.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
So the KH3 conference has an embargo on it...:glare: I hope someone leaks it.
Also my childhood got ruined when I saw the Incredibles dance show costume fail.:crazy:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
So the KH3 conference has an embargo on it...:glare: I hope someone leaks it.
Also my childhood got ruined when I saw the Incredibles dance show costume fail.:crazy:
What happened? Did Elastigirl or Violet have a wardrobe malfunction? Looks like somebody better call Edna to fix their suits to be better fitting.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Speaking of the Incredibles, here's some news that might not surprise many but it's noteworthy.

http://comicbook.com/2015/10/29/incredibles-2-brad-bird-confirms-michael-giacchnio-back-as-compo/

Micheal Giacchnio confirmed back as the composer for the 2nd installment, what could this mean for the cast of characters?

I'm still clinging to hope that it's focusing on Helen's past and keeping the cast of characters the same as they appeared in the 1st film (I'd even take a timeskip similar to Finding Dory's 6 months later).

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Micheal Giacchnio confirmed back as the composer for the 2nd installment, what could this mean for the cast of characters?
That they are getting a kickass score for each scene they appear in.

I'll be here all week, everybody.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
That they are getting a kickass score for each scene they appear in.

I'll be here all week, everybody.
Well obviously, I just hope each family member gets their own theme rather than the theme they shared together during the 1st film, which is likely going to be reused again if they keep the family the same age as in the 1st film.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Hey guys.
It has been established that Star Wars is on topic for this thread, so I think that there is a discussion that needs to be brought here.
The Darth Jar Jar theory. It is a theory that you may have seen, it is making waves across the internet.
The theory states that Jar Jar is a sith who was in league with Palpatine the entire time. It is not a joke, it is one of the best reasoned theories I've ever seen. If you haven't read it, educate yourselves.
Here is the original reddit post
Here is a hubsite for the theory
Here is a dedicated subreddit for finding and discussing evidence

Myself? I'm convinced. I really am, the amount of evidence is just overwhelming, and it makes so much sense. On top of that, it forces you to see the prequel trilogy in a new, better light. I love it.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Keep on swimming indeed Dory, the sequel looks like it'll be as good as Nemo if not better, since it's partially confirmed the sequel won't leave Marlin or Nemo out of the plot as their story will get expanded.

Sad that it's coming out on the exact same day as the long awaited Independence Day sequel (Resurgence) hits theaters (and with the way Emmerich is teasing the film, it's looks pretty bad.)

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Now I'm waiting for an Incredibles II teaser.

Probably won't happen til near the end of 2018, if not earlier.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Finding Dory looks good already. Wish we saw a bit more though, hopefully it won't be too long till we see another teaser.

In other news, anyone else going to check out the Lion Guard's premiere movie later this week?

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
After 20 years, the time has come...

Ever since Toy Story premiered in theaters in 1995, the world of animation was changed with more studios creating CGi films. For Pixar, they became the leaders of that age in the 2000s with the release of many household names such as The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Up, Wall*E, Monsters, Inc., Cars, and Ratatouille. To this day, I am thankful that such a classic film was released that not only displayed the power of the medium but delivered memorable characters who are recognizable to this day.

Thanks, Pixar.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
After 20 years, the time has come...

Ever since Toy Story premiered in theaters in 1995, the world of animation was changed with more studios creating CGi films. For Pixar, they became the leaders of that age in the 2000s with the release of many household names such as The Incredibles, Finding Nemo, Up, Wall*E, Monsters, Inc., Cars, and Ratatouille. To this day, I am thankful that such a classic film was released that not only displayed the power of the medium but delivered memorable characters who are recognizable to this day.

Thanks, Pixar.
My good friends has a birthday today (they're twins) and it happens to be Toy Story's 20th anniversary.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Man, I feel old now. It's like only yesterday I watched the first Toy Story movie for the first time. I still remember how it was a pretty big deal due to being the first computer animated movie at the time. Without it, we wouldn't have any of Pixar's other great movies along with other competitors like DreamWorks or Blue Sky.

Happy Anniversary, Toy Story! :)

Top Bottom