• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

General Disney Discussion

Are you excited for Toy Story 4?

• No, I thought the trilogy ended perfectly. Pixar should move onto something else.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I never really liked Toy Story.

• Yes, I didn't really grow up with the original trilogy but I would love to see the characters again!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
What better way to provide this thread with a much needed bump other than the use of more The Incredibles 2 news?
http://collider.com/incredibles-2-release-date-story-details-and-more/
You heard (or read in this case) it right! Brad Bird hass 3/4ths of the script done for the anticipated film. Contrary to the original claim, Brad's quote concerning the release of Cars and The Incredibles referred to the original films released a decade ago. There is no solid confirmation that one is coming out before the other.

Over the weekend, I saw Beauty and the Beast again. B&B has always been my top 3 favorite Disney Renaissance films after Aladdin and Mulan due to it's protagonist but most of all: Gaston.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Since Marvel is owned by Disney, I might as well post this in here...

MJ Watson is apparently going to be Tony Stark's potential love interest in the "Invincible Iron Man" comics.

But why tho? :ohwell:

Also, I'm so hyped for Incredibles 2, lets hope the release date is during 2016/ 2017...

Last edited:

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
What better way to provide this thread with a much needed bump other than the use of more The Incredibles 2 news?
You heard (or read in this case) it right! Brad Bird hass 3/4ths of the script done for the anticipated film. Contrary to the original claim, Brad's quote concerning the release of Cars and The Incredibles referred to the original films released a decade ago. There is no solid confirmation that one is coming out before the other.
Sounds incredible. Hoping Incredibles comes out before Cars 3.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440

Over the weekend, I saw Beauty and the Beast again. B&B has always been my top 3 favorite Disney Renaissance films after Aladdin and Mulan due to it's protagonist but most of all: Gaston.
Actually it's already confirmed, Bird himself said Incredibles II got pushed ahead of Cars 3, so it's coming out before the much hyped bomb that will be the 3rd Cars flick.

Also I just got a really cool and out of this world vehicle idea for Disney Infinity, why hasn't this happened yet:
I'd die of pure happiness seeing my favorite Disney female (Violet) drive this thing in the toy box, they could even add in the flight theme from the film along with the ship's AI as an added bonus (with Max saying "See ya later, navigator" when a character hops out), too bad it wouldn't be able to travel through time as that would cause problems, but still it's Flight of the Navigator, this ship is basically Disney's version of Back to the Future's DeLorean.

Last edited:

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
I think everyone knows about the whole Squid Wars "controversy" that has caused quite a bit of overreaction from Nintendo fans. Personally, I see it nothing more as a homage to Ninty's innovative shooter at best and a shoddy copy. The bottom line is that Disney isn't introducing the level as a new mode and claiming it as their own. There would be no logical reason for Nintendo to take legal action of a user-created level that lacks the core mechanics of the actual game. That's like suing ROBLOX and Minecraft for their countless interpretations of other video games made by the players.

[steps off of soap box]

Anyway, the teaser for Live-Action Jungle Book was released today with a couple stills from the trailer.
Interesting concept but I'm not really into the Live-Action re-imaging of older Disney films. I only saw Cinderella because my family was interested in it and my crush on Hayley Atwell.

There's also half of PBS's documentary of Walt Disney available online for those interested.
http://www.insidethemagic.net/2015/...rt-of-the-new-documentary-walt-disney-by-pbs/

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know, I was really dreading the whole Live-Action Jungle Book thing, but...the trailer honestly has me cautiously optimistic, since it looks like it's still somewhat trying to be its own thing instead of completely mooching off of nostalgia, like what Maleficent and Cinderella seemed to be doing.

That and Scarlett Johansson has an amazing voice that I can listen to for days on end. One Youtube comment put it best: "I'd trust any snake that sounded like Scarlett Johansson."

Also making King Louie ~20 or so feet tall is actually a really awesome throwback to the Kipling books that I didn't see coming.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
A part of me thinks that Kaa's gender change was to emulate Kung Fu Panda for some silly reason.

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
So I just wanted to share a piece of my mind.

While I don't really care much about Disney anymore, I just saw the trailer for the Jungle Book in live action, and it looks pretty impressive. Depending on when it comes to theaters, I'm probably going to plan on seeing it. I don't watch Disney movies on a common basis, but since the guys behind Pirates of the Caribbean are behind this, I'm making this an exception.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
The Good Dinosaur hype!

No you are not going crazy, the poster is animated. Pixar Post shared a new and stunning interactive poster for the upcoming Pixar film this November. In addition, a Spanish trailer (oddly, with English VA) has been uploaded which presents a few more spoilers about the film.
LInk to new trailer: https://video-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/h...=94773640d98b5d397a2df8f5ccbd93a1&oe=55FE647A
The trailer shows how Arlo's father may have died early in the film. It reminds me of Mufasa's death from the Lion King.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Just watched Toy Story That Time Forgot for the first time. I really liked it! Also everyone was so right when they were comparing the Cleric to Ridley. :p

Aww, poor Angel Kitty's French Horn though. Also the sock monkey thing was surprisingly brutal. At least he got arms in the end.

Definitely beautiful to look at, too, which is a plus. Also the combat scene with Woody and Buzz is hilarious, without giving anything away.

Though I couldn't help but think...what the hell. Mason's parents spent a metric butt-ton on his Christmas gifts. That family is ****ing loaded.

Last edited:

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Time to post here again.

Just got to look at that Jungle Book trailer and even though I'm not a huge fan of these live-action remakes of old animated Disney films, it actually looks alright. It may be something I want to check out, but who knows.

I love those posters for The Good Dinosaur and Zootopia. Especially the former's poster because it's actually animated. Can't wait to see the movie this November. :)

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Some news on the Incredibles II if anyone wants to take a crack at them, it confirms that the film will use all of the unused concepts from the 1st film in the sequel as expected (this means Xerek has a high chance to be the 2nd film's villain after all, since he was a part of those unused concepts), but now it seems there are chances it may not directly continue where the original film ended (meaning no Underminer battle).

http://www.comingsoon.net/movies/news/616313-where-did-the-incredibles-2-story-come-from Here it is, knock away.

Last edited:

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I can't really describe how awesome it is that King Louie is a gigantopithecus in the new movie.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I really hope the Good Dinosaur doesn't do the stupid thing and portray carnivores as bad guys.
Pixar did a pretty good job of this with Finding Nemo, so hopefully they won't screw up this time.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Good bye, sweet wallet.

The Good Dinosaur products are now live on Disney Store!
http://www.disneystore.com/the-good-dinosaur/mn/1029716/

A few of the action figures give us an early look at some unnamed/unrevealed dinosaurs.

Wish I had a better looking Violet plushie at least 1 I could cuddle and snuggle with, but I'm happy with the 9 in. 1 I bought on Amazon in June/July.

As for The Good Dinosaur, it doesn't have a villain in it, according to the producers they said Nature was to be the villain in some form.

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Good bye, sweet wallet.

The Good Dinosaur products are now live on Disney Store!
http://www.disneystore.com/the-good-dinosaur/mn/1029716/

A few of the action figures give us an early look at some unnamed/unrevealed dinosaurs.
Oh man, I really need some of these (mainly the figurines & plushies).

As for The Good Dinosaur, it doesn't have a villain in it, according to the producers they said Nature was to be the villain in some form.
This is one of the reasons why I'm interested in The Good Dinosaur to begin with. It's an interesting concept for a villain. Kinda reminds me of the Nothing from the first Neverending Story movie.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
This is one of the reasons why I'm interested in The Good Dinosaur to begin with. It's an interesting concept for a villain. Kinda reminds me of the Nothing from the first Neverending Story movie.
In before Disney/Pixar does their take on it and watch as Bastian becomes a playable character, while Falcor becomes a rideable mount.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
So season three of Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. premiered tonight.

YES. THANK GOD. PRAISE BE TO ALL, SIMMONS IS STILL ALIVE. SHE'S SOMEWHERE IN ****ING OUTER SPACE, BUT DAMMIT SHE'S ALIVE.

I care very much about that subject is all. :p

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Heh, I knew they wouldn't just kill her off like that lmao.
I mean after they

killed off Quicksilver

I'm just overly cautious about my favorite characters possibly dying a tragic death anywhere in the MCU. :laugh:

Last edited:

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
I mean after they

killed off Quicksilver

I'm just overly cautious about my favorite characters possibly dying a tragic death anywhere in the MCU. :laugh:
You know, I wonder if Simmons is an inhuman.

Iirc, Gordon said that it was only lethal to Inhumans, so I wonder if that's the reason why it hadn't liquefied like it had last season.

Maybe it only liquefies when within a certain proximity of Inhumans.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was tbh.
I also wouldn't be surprised if the city was Attilan and was on the same planet as what Simmons is on.
Its all so interesting... Can't wait for the next episode :p

Btw, is it weekly or no?

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
You know, I wonder if Simmons is an inhuman.

Iirc, Gordon said that it was only lethal to Inhumans, so I wonder if that's the reason why it hadn't liquefied like it had last season.

Maybe it only liquefies when within a certain proximity of Inhumans.

I wouldn't be surprised if she was tbh.
I also wouldn't be surprised if the city was Attilan and was on the same planet as what Simmons is on.
Its all so interesting... Can't wait for the next episode :p

Btw, is it weekly or no?
I've definitely been thinking about the whole "Simmons is an Inhuman" theory, and it does make sense, given that it only does that around Inhumans (or at least, it was only shown doing so). Maybe that would explain the whole "two PhD's by age seventeen" thing. :p

Either that, or she was maybe seen as a threat to Inhumans, perhaps. Either would be an interesting route, given her distrust of them that she expressed last season. Not that I can really fault her, I mean, they killed Tripp, but still. Kinda poetic in a way.

I think the next episode is in like two weeks. I may be off.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
So how would you guys feel about a Disney Warriors game? What characters would be playable and what would their movesets be?

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I don't know about disney warriors, but I have been working on a disney fighting game roster.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
Some gorgeous stills from The Good Dinosaur and Sanjay's Super Team.
In addition, another full-length trailer and tv spot has been released for TGD

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
Opossum Opossum Opinions on the newest episode of Agents of Shield? I thought it was great :D

Also on another note, tomorrow Secret Wars #6 will be coming out along side The Invincible Iron Man #1 and Amazing Spider-Man #1 of the ANAD Marvel universe.

Apparently the Iron man one has spoilers pertaining to the end of Secret Wars, which makes me want to read it more XD :p

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I'm really digging the characterization of the tyrannosaurs in that new trailer. They're like cowboys, I think.

Last edited:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Opossum Opossum Opinions on the newest episode of Agents of Shield? I thought it was great :D

Also on another note, tomorrow Secret Wars #6 will be coming out along side The Invincible Iron Man #1 and Amazing Spider-Man #1 of the ANAD Marvel universe.

Apparently the Iron man one has spoilers pertaining to the end of Secret Wars, which makes me want to read it more XD :p
Thank you, notifications, for letting me miss this. :p

In actuality I watch the episodes one week later on ABC because lol cable, haha. I watched the premiere at a friend's house last week, but I actually won't be able to give my thoughts on the remaining episodes until like, a week later when they become free online.

Also I'm kinda miffed at the new figure announced for Infinity. It's an alternate Captain America figure. I really wish they didn't start doing alternates, but since Marvel's mainly in charge of what figures the Marvel side gets, I can't even fault the Infinity team.

That just leaves three Marvel figures left for 3.0. One is basically confirmed to be Ant-Man (who I thought was gonna get his official reveal today, but nope. He couldn't be actually shown at Comic-Con because LOL legal reasons, amirite?). The last two I'm banking on being Scarlet Witch and Vision. They always like having one guy and one girl come with playsets when possible, and barring us getting Alternate Gamora or Alternate Black Widow, I think Scarlet Witch is a good bet...it just sucks that I'll likely be forced to buy a second Captain America in order to get her.

Or at least I hope it's Scarlet Witch and Vision. After today I don't know what to think...

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
I haven't been paying attention to Agents of Shield, though I know I should, I'm a big MCU fan.
All I know is that they introduced Inhumans and Terrigenesis, which I'm guessing is what is going to cause Civil War.

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
MAJOR release date changes for the upcoming Pixar films!

Obvious changes:
  • The Good Dinosaur and Finding Dory have the same dates as scheduled
  • Cars 2 moved up to Toy Story 4's original release date
  • Coco is finally given a confirmed date in 2017
  • Toy Story 4 and The Incredibles 2 are pushed to 2018-19
I'm quite saddened by the push back of TS4 but at least it will give them enough time to fully flesh out Pixar's famous franchise. I have more faith in the film now.

Also, a couple international TV spots for TGD and a new still:

This honestly looks like a powerful end of the '10s decade for Pixar. Glad to see them planning to end 2019 with The Incredibles 2 as a homerun.

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."

Obvious changes:
I'm quite saddened by the push back of TS4 but at least it will give them enough time to fully flesh out Pixar's famous franchise. I have more faith in the film now.

This honestly looks like a powerful end of the '10s decade for Pixar. Glad to see them planning to end 2019 with The Incredibles 2 as a homerun.
>Incredibles 2 finally getting a release date

Thank you, notifications, for letting me miss this. :p

In actuality I watch the episodes one week later on ABC because lol cable, haha. I watched the premiere at a friend's house last week, but I actually won't be able to give my thoughts on the remaining episodes until like, a week later when they become free online.

Also I'm kinda miffed at the new figure announced for Infinity. It's an alternate Captain America figure. I really wish they didn't start doing alternates, but since Marvel's mainly in charge of what figures the Marvel side gets, I can't even fault the Infinity team.

That just leaves three Marvel figures left for 3.0. One is basically confirmed to be Ant-Man (who I thought was gonna get his official reveal today, but nope. He couldn't be actually shown at Comic-Con because LOL legal reasons, amirite?). The last two I'm banking on being Scarlet Witch and Vision. They always like having one guy and one girl come with playsets when possible, and barring us getting Alternate Gamora or Alternate Black Widow, I think Scarlet Witch is a good bet...it just sucks that I'll likely be forced to buy a second Captain America in order to get her.

Or at least I hope it's Scarlet Witch and Vision. After today I don't know what to think...
Does Black Bolt have his own figure? If not, you'd think with all they are going to do with the ANAD comic stuff involving them that they would give him one....

I haven't been paying attention to Agents of Shield, though I know I should, I'm a big MCU fan.
All I know is that they introduced Inhumans and Terrigenesis, which I'm guessing is what is going to cause Civil War.
Honestly, I still think they are going to use Nitro and make him blow himself up like in the comics.
But who knows :p

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440

Obvious changes:

I don't know, I'm hyped for the Incredibles II as heck, but with it now coming out almost exactly 15 years after the 1st film did it would be too long of a gap between the 2 films to keep the Parr family the same age as they were in the 1st film (unless Disney Infinity keeps the Parrs in today's kids' minds), I have a strong feeling the sequel is focusing on the kids now and their new families this time around rather than the Family Dynamic (this could be what Bird meant the whole time as not focusing on the parents exactly, but their kids grown up and with them fighting crime with their new families) and removing Bob and Helen from the major spotlight completely (which gives more development to the 3 kids, it makes perfect sense considering Mr. Incredible's VA Craig T. Nelson is in his 70s and with the sweet Elizabeth Pena (Mirage's VA) passing around this time last year, they'll have to find a way to use both Bob and Helen's VAs without them possibly dying on-set during filming, so they're probably not going to get much screen time, unless they pull the Disney Infinity move by having Craig voicing Bob during the civilian portions where it'd be less stressful for him and have another actor who sounds like him take over for the more action packed stuff), I just hope they don't screw up Violet's design as they age her if they do go that route at all (I can picture her with the same skinny body frame she had in the 1st film while still looking pretty as a grown up adult with the same exact features she had during her teen years, slightly touched up to remind the kids who were around her age at the time of the 1st film's release that people can still keep the same look almost regardless if superheroing and having family doesn't stop you if you have the right mindset).

Which means Disney/Pixar listened to the fanboys who wanted the grown up kids to take over and not focus on them as they are now (which is rather dumb because a story focusing on the Parrs raising their kids while fighting crime as a family is what they're going for to begin with), but then again with the sequel's logo being a touched up version of the 1st film's iconic symbol it might just focus on Elastigirl's backstory without a major time skip (which makes sense with the unused concepts that the 1st film didn't fit in during development confirmed for the sequel which includes Xerek, plus Jack-Jack having his Goo powers at age 15/16 (if the 15 year timeskip does happen) would look rather wrong and fits him better as a baby.)

Plus the fanbase wants The Incredibles to become a huge franchise for Disney/Pixar (in the veins of the Toy Story series), a better way to do that is have the sequel focus on Elastigirl (with almost no time gap between the 2 films, despite the now current 15 year gap between films), then have the later 2 films put focus on Violet (for the 3rd film or even a spin-off with her as the main character) and the other 2 kids (for the 4th film), yet people are screaming for an older version of the Parr family (probably because they know this film could be the final nail in the coffin for them as a franchise (regardless if it becomes a huge hit in theaters) as they'll likely have to reboot the series with a new cast).

Last edited:

ShinyGirafarig

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ShinyGirafarig
3DS FC
5412-9895-2268
Opinion on the Good Dinosaur: Don't really like that the human acts like a dog. It's a bit tiring to see non canids acting like dogs like the reindeer in Frozen for instance. Couldn't they make him more ape like?

I mean I prefer being dragged to this than Hotel Transylvania 2 at least. Still been pushing it off because a sibling of mine wants to see it (psst, save me).

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428

Obvious changes:

Long time no see Disney thread. Mmmm, not seeing any of this in theaters. I'm poor and have no safeguard cousins around.
Opinion on the Good Dinosaur: Don't really like that the human acts like a dog. It's a bit tiring to see non canids acting like dogs like the reindeer in Frozen for instance. Couldn't they make him more ape like?

I mean I prefer being dragged to this than Hotel Transylvania 2 at least. Still been pushing it off because a sibling of mine wants to see it (psst, save me).
Yes, that cliche is old as dirt and it's never funny. Off-topic, do inumimis are included in this cliche?

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
After learning that Nintendo once listed the Zero Suit Samus amiibo as being compatible with Ducktales it got me thinking, are there any Zero suits in Disney? (note Marvel and star Wars don't count).

Space Stranger

space cowboy
NNID
ThePowerBlaster
3DS FC
1160-9748-6431
After learning that Nintendo once listed the Zero Suit Samus amiibo as being compatible with Ducktales it got me thinking, are there any Zero suits in Disney? (note Marvel and star Wars don't count).
The suits in The Incredibles are pretty tight...I guess?

Top Bottom