• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gender-Appearance changes

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
I don't really know what everyone thinks of the changes in Pokemon's appearances due to their gender, but I love this change but when I look at their sprites, many looke the same. Can someone tell me if only SOME are affected by gender in appearance and if so can you give me a list of those that do look different depending on gender?

foxandyounglink

Smash Journeyman
ah there is quite a few that are affected...although i dont think all of them are...heres one example

as you can see, the females tail is cut off a little

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Only a handful are affected I think... Or it could be that my eyes are faulty. I always hated I spy -________-. Anyway, at least some of the more obvious ones besides Pikachu are Butterfree (spot on wing), Beautifly (spot on wing), Wooper (antenna), Raichu (tail), and the sand hippo (any non-color blind person can tell).

outofdashdwz

Smash Lord
Now that I look at it, there's quite a few. Like for example, I was just scrolling through the DPdex on serebii, and noticed that Ambipoms have different hair lengths depending on gender O_o

Chill

Red
BRoomer
I think they all have changes it's just some are hard to spot. I can't see one in jigglypuff but it's probably there somewhere.

0rion

Smash Journeyman
I can see the changes between the males and females on the screen, but they are hardly worth effort to make these changes. You gotta ask yourself, do these changes really matter? Does anyone care? I know I don't.

Wrath`

Smash Master
I can see the changes between the males and females on the screen, but they are hardly worth effort to make these changes. You gotta ask yourself, do these changes really matter? Does anyone care? I know I don't.
Some pokemon look cooler when a certiant gender,but most dont

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Is it just me, or did they seem to really screw up some of those pokes just to make them look "different?" It appears that despite what that gender symbol said in previous games, most pokemon for the past few years are, in fact, female.

Top Bottom