• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gecko Code: CPU Random Teching and DI

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Just fyi, I've been a little busy the last couple days and will probably continue to be busy a couple more days (Graduation, moving, etc.) Most of the bugs that have been mentioned are known. I need to make a list, but I made the thread from memory and couldn't remember the bugs off the top of my head.

I want to add the line that makes P2's controller always plugged in, but I want the offset for all the versions so that I can change them all at once so they are the same version. Unless you have those offsets available achilles1515, I'm not going to get to that for a couple days. I haven't forgetten, that's why I haven't done it yet.

I'm sorry the endifs don't seem to have turned out correctly. You should know there are endifs built into the code other places which are not listed. Any if line with an odd number at the end of the left line has an endif. It's like:
A8000008 No end if
A8000009 End if

I thought I looked at that, but I think I made an error and there is one endif missing. It should probably be E2000003 to E2000004.
I can get all of those offsets for you tonight. I feel you with being busy recently...I was at a bachelor party this past weekend and got no hacking done. I should be able to churn out some stuff this week though.

Hey stratocaster and achilles! Finally got home to test the line achilles gave me. So I tested the line and that did not work. I selected the "random tech/di" code to be the first one and all the codes after it were just automatically toggled on and stayed on with no way of toggling them off. So I kept trying and it finally works now. The DI/tech code works perfectly and there is no conflict with the other codes. The way I fixed this is........ 6 endifs O_o

The line I changed is:

E2000003 80008000

to

E2000006 80008000 (6 endifs?)

4 did not work for me, 5 did not work, but 6 worked.

NOTE: this is for v1.02
I'm glad you went ahead and kept trying more endifs. After I made that last post I thought to myself that I should have told him to try more if 4 doesn't work. Good stuff, though.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
The way I fixed this is........ 6 endifs O_o
NOTE: this is for v1.02
Thanks for figuring that out. I don't know why that many endifs are needed. That would mean 3 if statements were not closed? I don't know why that's the case. Whatever works though. I didn't catch this because I had always put it as the last code I think. If that worked for 1.02, it should work for all the other versions.

pheijai

Smash Rookie
I can get all of those offsets for you tonight. I feel you with being busy recently...I was at a bachelor party this past weekend and got no hacking done. I should be able to churn out some stuff this week though.

I'm glad you went ahead and kept trying more endifs. After I made that last post I thought to myself that I should have told him to try more if 4 doesn't work. Good stuff, though.
I know that the code is always activated and if there's an if statement for keeping the code always activated, then it should be closed at some point if more endifs are added. Issue is that.... what if the "always activated" part isn't an if statement? Then your "full terminator" code would be needed to stop that part from affecting your other toggle codes. I'm glad to have helped a little haha. I really wanted to get the codes working XD

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Stratocaster, I updated the Gecko Codes Thread with spoofing controllers for all versions. I meant to post this last night, but site maintenance started as I was writing this post -.-

Wieners

Smash Apprentice
Idk if there is something wrong with my sd card but he only did random techs for one match and then immediately started to only tech in place. Also whenever I turn on 20xx codes it's impossible for me to toggle them on or off. Pure hitbubbles is always on and same goes for toggle infinite shield.

hectohertz

Smash Ace
@ Stratocaster Stratocaster are you working on a new version of this code? if not, could you give me some pointers on how'd you go about doing some of the stuff on the wishlist, i might take a crack at it

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
The OP was updated with a new version which does not require P2's controller to be plugged in and the end ifs which have been discussed. I really should have gotten to it sooner, but there it is.

@ hectohertz hectohertz I would not say I am currently very active at working on this code, but I am not done with it either. I'm not sure what pointers I could give you though.

Another thing worth considering is where @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 is at. You said you figured out some stuff with techrolling? If you could share some offets/knowledge than I think could fix all my code's bugs pretty much instantly. I got the impression you were working on a ASM version though. In any case let us know where you're at and if you want you could share some stuff and we could move forward with this.

Achilles1515

Smash Master
The OP was updated with a new version which does not require P2's controller to be plugged in and the end ifs which have been discussed. I really should have gotten to it sooner, but there it is.

@ hectohertz hectohertz I would not say I am currently very active at working on this code, but I am not done with it either. I'm not sure what pointers I could give you though.

Another thing worth considering is where @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 is at. You said you figured out some stuff with techrolling? If you could share some offets/knowledge than I think could fix all my code's bugs pretty much instantly. I got the impression you were working on a ASM version though. In any case let us know where you're at and if you want you could share some stuff and we could move forward with this.
I've got it all working. Random tech/no tech. Random getup options (everything including getup attack) with timing mixups. Random DI on P2 getting hit/thrown. Spacies do shine --> wavedash in place after teching or doing a getup option.

Tonight.

Stratocaster

Smash Ace
Yeah, this is pretty much why I haven't done any more work on this. I knew you were working on it anyway. You're a workaholic man. I'm looking forward to trying it out!

hectohertz

Smash Ace
achilles, SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY

no really though, you're amazing. <3
I've got it all working. Random tech/no tech. Random getup options (everything including getup attack) with timing mixups. Random DI on P2 getting hit/thrown. Spacies do shine --> wavedash in place after teching or doing a getup option.

Tonight.

Top Bottom