• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War

Sirias

Smash Champion
I would be playing it right now but I don't really have it or an XBOX 360. XD

Great... <_<;;

Now I have to endure the fact that my cousin's going to be playing it 24/7. Bah.

Ahh well, I'll just play SSBM for the time being. XD

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
What happened to this board? This is my opinion for the game of the year. It is way far better than twilight. Im not being stupid i have wii and 360, twilight and gears. what the hell hell are you gonna do when youre dun twilight? Nothing. When youre dun gears: ONLINE. (btw its lag thts why its off or u have bad connection or the other people as long as you get the head its a kill)

Moving on...This game is so awsome online and people always say "u chainsaw n00b, use shotgun!" i use both. The only reason people say that is cuz they dont know how to use it. Insane mode is insane.

I am still finishing it in insane i already beat it in hardcore and casual. This has a crazy storyline. You have to get this game.

I can't wait for Gears of war 2! The ending gives it away.

th0rn

Smash Lord
to anybody whose actually played this game online.

do u feel dat tha snipers a little off.
Yes, it is just a tad, but you can get used to it.

Does anybody play this game at a competitive level and are in the MLG online tournies? Not to brag, but my team made the bracket which cut 100 out of 160 teams in pools, also winning our first bracket match tonight. 4 more matches until the $5,000 prize! So are there any other smashers that play competitively?

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
Online related..

Is it me or whenever i play assasination there is ALWAYS lag i try doing another match but theres still lag. Execution and Warzone are perfect but assasination not so much. Anyone else get this problem?

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
It all depends on the host's connection and your connection. If the host has bad connection, the game will go slow for everyone.

The reason I bumped this was pretty much because of http://www.gamespot.com/news/6168426.html?tag=latestnews;title;4

The only modes I play are execution and assassination(barely) so I'm hoping this is good. The patch is also supposed to fix bugs, I don't know which though, there are so many of them...

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
Ya i know about how if the host has crappy connection there is lag for everyone.
(halo for pc >:(....horrible)

Before i even check the link is it annex cuz its pretty obvious, i read it up on Ign.

Yeah so now theres respawning but it gud how its only for annex because if it was for like excecution, warzone or assasination then it would become like a regular shooting game and there would be no reason for the cover system.

Red Exodus

Smash Master
It'd appeal to me more if you actually respawn [in multiplayer], being a noob in this game doesn't look like fun but if I get a 360 I'll still buy it.

tw0 side

Smash Apprentice
One of the greatest games I have ever played. Great graphics, terrific gameplay, amazing campaign. This game ranks right up there with Halo 2 (when it was new). I wonder if this game will stand up to Halo 3. Although, with how great it is, I believe it will.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
For the 360, this is a must have game. Where's the annex update? They said today. Where the hell is it?
Online is the best but many glitches you wont even know ur doing one but u are. I myself love exploding the games glitches, getting out of masion, gridlock and many places. The glitches such as the running roadie run but still shooting and the roadie chainsaw kill. But i never use them to cheat.

>.< dam my xbox live gold iz dun. Oh well atleast i can be my brother's guest (1) he still has a year.

smashbros_777

Smash Journeyman
not me i never got the update nor did i play gears today and yesterday im gonna get it but im too lazy. :( dam the long jump is gone. I loved getting out of the maps.

th0rn

Smash Lord
Well, the patch just came out the other day and though I'm pleased with the new gametype Annex, but I hate the adjustments to the game. Here's a list of comments and complaints:

-They attempted to take out all the advanced techniques, seperating good players from the noobies.

- LOL @ them finally taking out the weapon slide then an hour later everyone found a different way to do it.

-Lancer is more powerful (that's good imo)

-Shotgun a little weaker (I don't like that, but I guess it's fair), but... they took away aim leading, which I was really used to and was good at. So now my shotgun is ****. I don't plan on entering anymore MLG tournies anytime soon.

-Long jump/crab walk glitches are gone.

- The most major complaint by almost everyone and completly RUINING the game (competitvely) is the lag time while walljumping (also termed as "glue"). You now stick the ****ing wall when trying to do a walljump. For those nubbies that don't know what it is, it's when you jump on a wall and quickly come off it in the guys face with a shotgun... walljumping is also good for getting away quickly without getting killed. Well anyway, you get caught on a wall now and it's really gay.

NEON666

Smash Journeyman
I started to play gear like a few months ago and im starting to get the hang of it. I love the 3 person view and the gore, what i like the most about it is the strategy you have to use trying not to get your head popped.

and i dont have the game niether but i will be online today at my friends house so if you want to play add my friend he is always looking for some comp.

SW4T187

hope to hear from yall =]

Top Bottom