• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gears of War: Judgment - No DBNO's confirmed

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;

So here's the trailer for this new addition to the Gears franchise:

http://youtu.be/vBwB5JBMILA

And here's some Overrun gameplay, it's a VS Beast mode:

http://youtu.be/XwW7IsS-bN8

"People can fly is heavily involved in both the campaign and multiplayer, but especially the campaign. This is something we have initiated. We proposed the story and the gameplay hooks. Basically everything about campaign was initiated by People Can Fly. Obviously there is heavy involvement from Epic. I like to think about as the best of both worlds. On one hand we bring something fresh to the franchise, but on the other hand we have the original creators making sure it's still Gears."

"Judgment begins 15 years before Gears of War, with Baird and the rest of Killo Squad standing trial for transgression against the Coalition of Governments. The testimonies are being over seen by Colonel Loomis, a by the-books COG leader who accused the team of desertion, cowardice, trespassing, theft of experiment military tech and treason."

Here's a 19 minute long Overrun video, and here's the pre-order bonuses, Young Marcus and Young Dom, Anya and Alex Brand (who should've been in Gears 3), also you get the original Hammerburst from Gears 1 for pre-ordering too:

http://youtu.be/0u1nz_SR54M

Update no DBNO?!?

As the days and months go on I'll be updating this thread with all the relevant information.

Master Xanthan

Smash Champion
I feel like Microsoft should have waited on announcing this game since GoW3 hasn't even been out for a year now. But still, I'll probably get the game.....hopefully they won't make 90 percent of the weapon skins day 1 on disc dlc again.

Pluvia

Hates Semicolons<br>;
I feel like Microsoft should have waited on announcing this game since GoW3 hasn't even been out for a year now. But still, I'll probably get the game.....hopefully they won't make 90 percent of the weapon skins day 1 on disc dlc again.
Lol oh man I competely forgot about that mess.

I have to admit, despite my "hype!" comment in the OP, that I'm not very hyped for this game right now. A game reviewer said that if someone told him that Overrun was Gears 3 DLC he'd have believed them, and a part of me still feels like they should make more stuff for Gears 3.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
They announced this game WAYYY too early. Also, I typically don't like prequels...

But I love Gears, so hopefully this game won't disappoint.

Darkshadow7827

Smash Lord
Overrun looks pretty sweet. Before I went deeper into MP with all the tactics and callouts, I used to be big on horde. I just wonder how matchmaking will be for it. Horde lasts forever, so drop outs are gonna happen. I'm wondering how long a match of overrun will last. Since it's PvP, hopefully it'll hold people's attention span long enough.

Chico113

Smash Apprentice
This game is so unnecessary! future gears 3 dlc has been abandoned, population has been declining and they're gonna split it(mess it up) by releasing gears 3.5.

rip gears of war 2006-2013

i still remember putting the first one in during christmas 06, ah good times....

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
This game is so unnecessary! future gears 3 dlc has been abandoned, population has been declining and they're gonna split it(mess it up) by releasing gears 3.5.

rip gears of war 2006-2013

i still remember putting the first one in during christmas 06, ah good times....
Exactly how I feel.

Epic is getting greedy all they're trying to do is make some extra $$$ before the new Microsoft console hits the shelves.

Gears 3 hasn't even been out for a year yet and we're already supposed to be on board for a sequel? This game has cash cow written all over it.

RespawningJesus

So Zetta slow!
NNID
RespawningJesus
3DS FC
1590-5236-9299
Switch FC
SW-5266-0424-0233
Gears 3 was a bit lackluster, so I don't expect too much out of this game.

:phone:

Mike2

Smash Ace
I'm VERY much looking forward to Judgement. If you're a fan of the Gears series, I recommend you watch this video on what changes will come to Judgement. Arctic is a competitive player and got a chance to talk to Quinn. This is him talking about Judgement over FFA Judgement gameplay from PAX(some random guy playing).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e211FoVeAq8

btw about DBNO issue he mentioned in the video. I think he's wrong and I'm pretty sure it's only gone for FFA.

Mike2

Smash Ace
Overrun looks pretty sweet. Before I went deeper into MP with all the tactics and callouts, I used to be big on horde. I just wonder how matchmaking will be for it. Horde lasts forever, so drop outs are gonna happen. I'm wondering how long a match of overrun will last. Since it's PvP, hopefully it'll hold people's attention span long enough.
From what arctic has said, if you don't have ridiculous teamwork it could be over instantly

:phone:

Mike2

Smash Ace
Only complaints I have are stim nades, melee, and lack of maps. Only real one of those is lack of maps. I play around the stim-nade-melee dudes just fine. But it is annoying. It's like when bad players switch to metaknight. Yea you can beat them but it is annoying playing vs metaknight so much.

Pete already said melee is getting nerfed. Btw I'm on the EPIC forums pretty much constantly because of my phone.... Let me just tell you most of the complaints are absolute horse ****. Bad players gonna be bad. The people in the community have the worst attitudes. And that's why they will never improve.

Top Bottom