• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GE & The Penn State E-sports Club present: Happy Smashin' Valley 2!

M@v

Subarashii!
HAPPY SMASHIN' VALLEY 2
(official banner coming Monday)

March 24th, 2012​

Intro:
Penn State smash is back and bigger than ever! Working as part of the Penn State E-Sports club, we are able to bring you an excellent smash experience in the central region of Pennsylvania!

VENUE:

Findlay Commons
room 124
University Park, PA 16802
(Note:1 Findlay commons is connected to another building named Johnston commons, you can enter into johnston commons and still get into findlay)

(Note 2: this venue is on the Penn State University Park campus, which has its own town name and zip code. The town the college is in is State College, PA, and the zip is 16801)

Housing:
Several Penn State players should be offering housing for this event. In addition, there is a days inn in downtown State College, and Penn State has two hotels on campus: The Nittany Lion inn and the Penn Stater. Lastly, there are several hotels and motels located on Atherton street, which is less than a 10 minute drive from the venue.

Parking:
There are several parking garages near the venue and at different locations on campus. In addition, there are parking lots in downtown state college. I will have a full list of these closer to the event.

EVENTS and Pricing:

Venue Fee= FREE. Thanks to the Penn State E-Sports Club, this tournament will have NO venue fee and NO money taken from the pot to pay the venue!

Brawl Singles = $10

Brawl Doubles= $5($10 per team)

ALL BRAWL= $5

Super Smash Brothers Melee Singles(Stay tuned: if this gathers enough interest it will be run. Will be either $10 or $5).

IMPORTANT NOTICE ABOUT MONETARY PAYOUTS:
I'm still trying to get everything confirmed here, but from what I have gathered from the President of the E-sports club and Penn State, prize winners of over $100 will have to register their name, address, and social security # with Penn State. Penn State will then mail the prize winners their money rewards. I'm still trying to see if I can arrange payouts in person as most tournaments are, but this is a University Policy so I may not be able to get around it. Please keep it in mind. Thanks!

SETUPS:
As always, PLEASE bring setups!

Anyone who does not have a CRTV, if your bringing an LCD, please make sure the wii has component cables for it. CRTVs are much more preferred due to lag issues LCDs has with wiis.

Ruleset:
Brawl: Unity Ruleset(Note: This tournament is subject to rules changes made in unity between now and the event)
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=12492201&postcount=1

ALL BRAWL ruleset. This will be a slight variation to the all brawl ruleset of New Jersey to better appeal to local penn state semi-casual players:
2 stock
3 minutes
You MAY choose your character(metaknight IS legal in all brawl)
All items on
All stages on
Random stage select
Free For Alls
First two players to win two games advance

Any questions? feel free to PM me or post up!

M@v

Subarashii!
Just as a note, there was a casual 2v2 free tournament here a couple weeks ago, and over 50 people showed up for it :)

Also, I'm going to try to get an exact address for commons building itself to make navigation easier.

NETOmx

Smash Apprentice
I don't have idea how to go there. If anyone has instructions to go there, I'll be grateful.

I'm living in Moon Township, but I can take a bus to Downtown Pittsburgh.

NETOmx

Smash Apprentice
Are there people going to this tournament from Pittsburgh area ? I would like to go as a group because I don't speak english very well and sometimes I can't understand it.

NETOmx

Smash Apprentice
Not too sure on that one. You will need to speak with the club running the tournament for a sure answer
But I can't speak. I mean... I talk very bad :S I'm better writing than talking. I have a PayPal account and mexican bank account, that can be helpful.

Well, first of all I need to beat all the good players.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
NO!!!! ERV, you're literally the only reason I was expecting the tournament :c

NETOmx

Smash Apprentice
NO!!!! ERV, you're literally the only reason I was expecting the tournament :c
I saw that there is no M@V's activity, so I think he can cancel the event at any time. And I would like to go, but pay for a hotel or motel is pretty much money.

What's going to happen if there is not many people going to the tournament? I will feel like I wasted my money :(

SLIM

Smash Journeyman
Most of the people who will be at this tourney will be Penn State students.

The e-sports club has been advertising this thing like crazy. It looks like there will be more local turnout than out of town turnout. Some of the other (non-smash) tounaments hosted have gotten close to 40 people, and none were advertised outside of the campus.

NETOmx

Smash Apprentice
Ok, I already understand that you had had tournaments in which there are many people.

The other problem is that I don't feel so confident to go because I don't know State College and I don't speak and understand english so well. I'm trying to decide if I go or don't go, but I can't :S

Top Bottom