• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GC controler vs Wii controler

blooagga

Smash Journeyman
ok it's not that the wii-remote is bad, I mean I think it's usable if i put jump in the down d-pad button along with some other changes, but to be honest you sound like a total noob.

1. wavedash isn't everything
2. C-stick isn't everything
3. We like the game with AT's which is why we are putting them back in
4. ... good luck

Napilopez

Smash Lord
Some people, not everyone here, but some are too closeminded.

Wiichuck has some clear advantages over any other controller setup.

I used the GC remote since the day of Melee's release. I decided to switch to WiiChuck because i wanted to, and now I'll never go back.

First of all, Synching isn't that big of an issue, lol.

Second, you can customize it in a variety of ways to make it fit your style, although you can do this with the GC remote as well.

For example, my setup is:

A: Standard attacks
B: Specials
Down Dpad: Jump
Side/Up Dpad: smashes
Z: Shield
C: Grab
A+B: Don't remember lawl.
Tap Jump off
Shake smash on or off, depends on who I'm using.

Now, since I main Sonic, this is effective for me because it allows me to do anything I wanna do. Some of Sonics ATs are also made easier with this setup.

the main advantage of the WiiChuck over GC are:
1) Shielding. Quicker shielding overall. Even if you remove the springs, theres still more travel time on the GC remote.
2) Smashes. If you have smashes on the D-Pad or use shake smash, you don't have to move your finger from their general location to perform a smash attack, unlike the GC remote where your fingers are constantly flailing up and down between Cstick and ABXY.
3) Aerials. Basically the same idea as above. Especially useful if you need to put up a wall of aerials or need to switch between aerials and specials rapidly or something. Everything is exactly where you need it.

Shorthopping is ridiculously easy with it on Down Dpad by the way, just flick down on a corner of the down input.

DAC/Mortar slide is also very easily done with the WiiChuck. You can do it with shakesmash, but my preferred method is using smashes on the dpad. Simply flick your finger from the left input to the up input on the dpad, and you have a DAC. Learn the correct timing or "speed" of the flick for your respective char, and it becomes ridiculously easy to do.

So yea, most of these things are advantages in fractions of a second, but in terms of an entire match, these fractions add up.

Theres nothing wrong with staying with the GC if so you choose, but don't bash the WiiChuck without knowing its advantages and what its capable of.

TiersAreReal

Smash Apprentice
Alternative control schemes can work, but I don't like the button layout on the Wiimote (and the nunchuck even, but the two combined is more manageable). Classic controller or a Dualshock connected via an adapter are the next best things to the GCN controller, but I've never felt inclined to use another control scheme when the GCN controller offers seven years of technical experience/memory without having to relearn a control scheme.

streetracr77

Smash Journeyman
The gc controller is easier because it's in one piece, and there's a control stick for quick smashes, b moves, etc. But it mainly matters on what's more comfortable to you and how you like the button layout on your controller.

tocador

Smash Lord
The gc controller is easier because it's in one piece, and there's a control stick for quick smashes, b moves, etc. But it mainly matters on what's more comfortable to you and how you like the button layout on your controller.
i think the one piece controll is that make's it worse!

in a two-handed controler you dont get your hand as tired as you would while using a usually wired GC control

I think the real fact of this thread is:

Dosen't matter wich type of controll you use, if it is GC, Wiichuck, Classic, play with bare hands, DOSEN't MATTER, it matters if it fits you or not :D

preety much closed now ^^

mc4

Smash Journeyman
yeah, there are alot of at's that i don't think you can do without a gc controller, and your air game isn't as good without a c-stick either, unless you really practice timing pressing buttons hard. Ex, try to perform three bairs in one air with snake with a gc and c stick (not hard), try it with a wii remote and chuck( is it even possible?) not to mention important at's like glide tosses boost smashes boost pivot grabs and so on (important at's to my game atleast...) imo i definitely like the gc controller, it'll really boost your game i think especially with a c-stick

Top Bottom