• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gay smashers?

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Oh of course you would post that
You're dang right I would!

Also wow I just noticed, this is like the original thread for so many people in that group XD
I go back and look through these pages and recognize so many names

Last edited:

KirbCider

Smash Ace
I hope I am also not to late to join in on the party, as I am as straight as a circle. In other words, 100% gay.

Last edited:

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Closeted bi. Mainly because I don't feel interesting or attractive, but partially because I don't think it's anyone else's business. If it gets out, it gets out though. I wouldn't stress it as I know my friends wouldn't either.

Dreamy Luigi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DreamyZack
3DS FC
3239-3015-8059
I'm gay and finally came out to my mother a few weeks ago, she's 100% accepting and it's really nice. Definitely want to come out to more people this year but not trying to rush it.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
I'm gay and finally came out to my mother a few weeks ago, she's 100% accepting and it's really nice. Definitely want to come out to more people this year but not trying to rush it.
That's good to hear that it's going well for you! Just don't rush yourself too much on coming out if you don't feel 100% confident in it quite yet.

Also, it should be fairly easy to see given the past posts but there is a group here for lgbt+ smashers.
I would do invites but I'm not a mod there, so going to call in Wiinner159 Wiinner159 if either of you want an invite.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
The Smash community is essentially 99% LGBT tbh

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
That's good to hear that it's going well for you! Just don't rush yourself too much on coming out if you don't feel 100% confident in it quite yet.

Also, it should be fairly easy to see given the past posts but there is a group here for lgbt+ smashers.
I would do invites but I'm not a mod there, so going to call in Wiinner159 Wiinner159 if either of you want an invite.
Yeah, I will add anyone here provided they ask, and well, are at least pro-LGBT.

Blue Sun Studios

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlueSunStudios
3DS FC
4768-8305-0092
I'm steadily finding myself to possibly being pansexual and polyamorous.

Nabbitnator

Smash Ace
NNID
Nabbitz
I'm bisexual and I would like to make friends with other people to make friends who are like me and learn a bit more about myself.
Um is it possible i can get an invite to the LBGT group?

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
I'm bisexual and I would like to make friends with other people to make friends who are like me and learn a bit more about myself.
Um is it possible i can get an invite to the LBGT group?
Nope, completely impossible. You shall be left alone to figure things out yourself :p (gimme a sec)

SKC | Morotai

Smash Rookie
Why do people think it matters?
What matters is how good you play.
Nobody cares really, your sexuality has nothing to do with the game.

Wiinner159

Smash Hero
NNID
Make a guess...
3DS FC
2251-6491-9042
Well that's true in terms of the game itself but in terms of the community it's nice to find people with some similarities to yourself, and given the current state of affairs with plenty of people out there still being anti-gay "Kill all homos" kinda stuff some people just want to find some others with that commonality to group together. At least that's my views on it anyways, could be wrong

wedl!!

Goddess of Storms
NNID
Plushies4Ever
this subforum is a more social and personal one than the rest of the boards (excluding socials obviously), so finding people you can connect/relate with is kind of the point. this isn't about the game, it's about the community.

also yo Wiinner159 Wiinner159 get me into that group

hermes

Smash Apprentice
Gay smasher here ^^ with some unfortunate addiction to straight guys.

Last edited:

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
With every new Smash game, comes a resurgence of some form of gay smasher thread.

D

Deleted member

Gay here. Somewhat closeted. I have a foul history of dating women to hide the truth from certain people, and now that I’ve recently started coming out to others, many don’t believe me. Sad times.

OmegaLurker

Smash Rookie
NNID
charlou8808
Switch FC
SW 1879 7171 9109
I don't like the concept of "Sexual Orientation" Love is random after all but if I have to choose one I'll say I'm panseuxal because I just don't care about what my partner have between his legs

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Gay here. Somewhat closeted. I have a foul history of dating women to hide the truth from certain people, and now that I’ve recently started coming out to others, many don’t believe me. Sad times.
I feel bad about that aspect too, but it was reflective of the times. Being gay 10-15 years ago was rough.

D

Deleted member

I feel bad about that aspect too, but it was reflective of the times. Being gay 10-15 years ago was rough.
I'm only 21 so I was still growing up in that time period. Mostly just having issues with where I grew up and the people I was around. Mormon neighborhood, Mormon family, Mormon school. Even now in a relatively safe place, I'm finding a lot of my closest friends of 5-10 years aren't super accepting of same-sex relationships, and still getting weird looks from some of my closest and open-minded family members. It's a yikes for sure.

D

Deleted member 189823

Well, I'm not gay, but that doesn't mean I mind there being any kind of people regardless of their sexuality. Sadly, there's been a guy in our community that has been called out for homophobic behaviour. He's been banned for a year from certain tournaments...

I don't care who's who- or "what". Everyone's the same to me, as long as they're good.

Last edited by a moderator:

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I'm only 21 so I was still growing up in that time period. Mostly just having issues with where I grew up and the people I was around. Mormon neighborhood, Mormon family, Mormon school. Even now in a relatively safe place, I'm finding a lot of my closest friends of 5-10 years aren't super accepting of same-sex relationships, and still getting weird looks from some of my closest and open-minded family members. It's a yikes for sure.
Yeah I can see how that would be rough. So did you move somewhere a little more accepting, or are you still in a pretty conservative part of the country?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I can't believe I never saw this thread before. Yeah, gay Smasher is here. Do we have a secret handshake?

Gay smasher here ^^ with some unfortunate addiction to straight guys.
Hey, saw your sig, are you from Istanbul, as well?

Slip33

Smash Cadet
I'm bisexual ,where I almost always favor the males though. I'm in the closet though, because I live at home with my family and their very religious, they have strong views regarding sexuality.

D

Deleted member

Yeah I can see how that would be rough. So did you move somewhere a little more accepting, or are you still in a pretty conservative part of the country?
I live in a city now. I still just have the issue of my friends and family not being the most accepting people/not believing me because of my past. I’ll ge through it but it’s pretty tough nonetheless.

hermes

Smash Apprentice
My problem is different ^^ I first came out to dad and Im yet to tell mom. Dad is a know-it-all problem solver, maybe too much. I knew that he was knowledgable and can look at any crisis without emotions. I was pretty lucky for an homosexual living in turkey.

We argued but it wasnt what you expect. He keeps saying that I am not gay. He says that he watched over me in my childhood and adolescence and there is no way that Im gay. I said, you mr knowitall, I am gay so you say that you know better than me. He replies: yes, you had your adolescence very late and thats why you are whirling around and try to find an identity without being unaware of your sexuality, I had gay friends, you are straight. Im like OK and stopped trying to convince him for years. Thats kinda humiliating.

Btw: do you know any straight little boy who does his birthday party with a cinderella cake?

Last edited:

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
hi. semi-closeted transwoman. don't want to chew off anyone's ear about it yet.

There's an LGBTQ+ Discord for SmashBoards; I'll ask the folks in charge of it if I can link an invite for ya'll folks into it, assuming you want an invite.

Edit: Here it is!

https://discord.gg/tY5E7C7

Last edited:

Rainami

Smash Rookie
I'm bisexual, not quite sure whether I have a preference for men or women, or if I even have a preference at all.

MalachitJR

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW-2092-6451-4829
I'm bisexual ,where I almost always favor the males though. I'm in the closet though, because I live at home with my family and their very religious, they have strong views regarding sexuality.
Literally same

hermes

Smash Apprentice
Is that really a "view" when the topic doesnt have subjectivity in the face of logic, when the person cant grasp the facts about medicine or religion?

Last edited:
Top Bottom