• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gay smashers?

Mask and Mirror

Smash Apprentice
I'm bisexual myself, though I don't define myself by my sexuality :p

Smash does have a lot of pretty male characters though ;)

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
It's good to see how accepting the community is to LGBT smashers. While I don't agree with the lifestyle choice it shouldn't be used as reason to exclude anyone from such a great game.

Mask and Mirror

Smash Apprentice
What do you mean by 'lifestyle choice'? My sexuality has nothing to do with my lifestyle XD

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
What do you mean by 'lifestyle choice'? My sexuality has nothing to do with my lifestyle XD
Sexuality directly affects lifestyle, who you date/marry will directly affect how the rest of your life is lived and the worldview you hold. Perhaps you may be an exception, but this holds true for most people.

Mask and Mirror

Smash Apprentice
I think that's a very offensive thing to say. At the very least, there certainly isn't any 'choice' involved. If you hold such controversial views, why would you even be posting here...

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
I have to respectfully disagree with you on that. attraction to the same gender is not a choice, true, but acting on that attraction is indeed a choice. Not here to start an argument or anything, just giving my personal input on the matter.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
It's good to see how accepting the community is to LGBT smashers. While I don't agree with the lifestyle choice it shouldn't be used as reason to exclude anyone from such a great game.
Sexuality directly affects lifestyle, who you date/marry will directly affect how the rest of your life is lived and the worldview you hold. Perhaps you may be an exception, but this holds true for most people.
I have to respectfully disagree with you on that. attraction to the same gender is not a choice, true, but acting on that attraction is indeed a choice. Not here to start an argument or anything, just giving my personal input on the matter.
Homosexuality confirmed

Mask and Mirror

Smash Apprentice
Why would you not act on it? What is it about the life of two people of the same gender in love that bothers you? It's genuinely no different from any other relationship. A lot of people will be offended by what you are saying, especially since you decided to post in this thread. There's no possible reason for your disapproval beyond pure bigotry.

I don't know whether arguments like this are allowed here, and I am sorry if I am breaking the rules, but why come to a thread about LGBT gamers and post material likely to offend those people? If I were a mod on any forum I'd be issuing warnings to you at least.

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
I'm not getting into this argument, but I'm going to throw out there that the lowest common denominator in most anti-LGBT stuff and beliefs is religion.

Mask and Mirror

Smash Apprentice
Sadly, yes. It's such a shame because there is no good reason for it; it's a very American thing to equate anti-LGBT with religion; not so much in Europe (though there are still a very vocal minority sadly).

PowerHungryFool

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Power-HF
3DS FC
1504-6251-0700
Switch FC
SW-7375-5375-8309
My apologies, my intention was not to offend anyone. But somehow disagreeing or holding a different view offends other people. The point of my original post was to highlight how accepting this community is, not to start a fight and step on toes. I'll leave the thread as to not create more arguments, since this isn't the place for that.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
I can't believe you marks actually replied to that guy. I would call his angle cookie cutter, but you can't fault something that works.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
What do you mean by 'lifestyle choice'?
I suddenly remember why this thread never lasted.

Is the social group still active?

EDIT: OH damn social groups are totally different now. They're just private forums???? That's kinda sick.

*knock knock knock* LET ME IN PEEPS

Last edited:

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
I suddenly remember why this thread never lasted.

Is the social group still active?

EDIT: OH damn social groups are totally different now. They're just private forums???? That's kinda sick.

*knock knock knock* LET ME IN PEEPS
@ Shadowwolflink Shadowwolflink

kettering

Smash Rookie
I personally am a masochist and choose to enjoy men specifically for the hatred and pain inflicted on me

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Guys really now, just atop.

kettering

Smash Rookie
It's going to be one sided because the topic never warranted opposition. Not only that, LGBTQ peeps generally will endlessly be ready to back up their **** because they generally HAVE TO.

So anyway, if it would be ok, I would totally love an invite to that group! I'm cuddly and harmless, I swear!

WindozeNT

Smash Ace
NNID
WindozeNT
3DS FC
1865-1050-3752
It's going to be one sided because the topic never warranted opposition. Not only that, LGBTQ peeps generally will endlessly be ready to back up their **** because they generally HAVE TO.

So anyway, if it would be ok, I would totally love an invite to that group! I'm cuddly and harmless, I swear!
I've alerted @ Shadowwolflink Shadowwolflink !

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
It's going to be one sided because the topic never warranted opposition.
Everything is one sided in forum board land because it's one person with no life spending fifteen minutes responding seriously to someone who spent a max of like fifteen seconds thinking and typing.

AL3Xxs

Smash Cadet
NNID
AL3Xxs
3DS FC
1762-2852-8466
Well to answer the OP's question, I play smash and happen to be gay as well haha, though smash 4 is the only smash bros game where i'm more interested in the competitive scene.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I would like an invitation to be gay, I accept. I mean an invitation to the social group.

Nino Rybicki

Smash Cadet
My cousin's son (his grandma and my dad are siblings) is gay and he plays SSB4 on the Wii U. (He usually plays as Mega Man, Link, or Toon Link.) He doesn't have an account here, though.

Last edited:
Top Bottom