• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganons Up+B

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
I know this might sound wierd but...

Does Ganon's Up+B have more range when you do it in reverse?

Cuz it always seems I grab the ledge from lower when I reverse it.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
I've noticed this too, but always passed it off as my eyes playing tricks on me. Would be nice to know if it's true or not.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
i think its an illusion. kind of like the mario's wall hugging trick with the up+b. it has the illusion that wallhugging gives you more height. in slomo video, it shows that it DOESNT. so i think its an illsuion and that its the same height either way...peace

-hiroshi

Insane-Contrast

Smash Apprentice
This reminds me of when somebody said that I should use Mewtwo's confusion to recover. Pointless. It makes him lose horizontal distance! Thier eyes were playing tricks on them.
I don't think it changes his UP+B, it's all in the mind.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
I think that really it's just the fact that because his arms and **** are in front of him, it looks like he has to be closer to the edge to grab it from the front.

Get what I'm saying?

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
No but I'm grabbing the ledge from way lower...like usually if I do a forwards one my body will go over the ledge and not grab...but when I do a backwards one I'm under the ledge.

Koorii

Smash Cadet
It's is, i believe, because the Reverse U+B goes straight up as opposed to making an arc...it is still the same total distance.

Top Bottom