• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganonic Grimoire (Social) - Commiseration and Hierarchy

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I usually just mash it out... I've never thought of trying to buffer it though

I'm also interested in this now because I mess it up a lot as well.
AFAIK you cant buffer from the ledgejump, same as you cant buffer from ledge attack and ledgeroll. as well as things like getup attacks, they fit into a separate category of game animations which is the same as hitstun, cant buffer **** out of it
makes my inaccuracy shine :(

THAT MEANS GANON'S DAD IS GANON HIMSELF WHO TIME TRAVELED SO HE COULD GET HIS OWN MOM(s) PREGNANT OF HIMSELF!

/10logics
Only logical explanation for why his dad isnt seen

Exalted

Smash Lord
SPOILERS INSIDE

Ganon is the incarnation of Demise's hatred. Demise laid a curse on Link and Zelda so that their descendants would forever be haunted by Ganon.

Xubble

Smash Ace
I know, but... (spoilers)

I had a hunch that Ganon's origin would end up being something like a curse on Link and Zelda. That, or Demise would end up being the precursor of Ganon, i.e. he is reincarnated in Ganon (which is kinda correct).

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Some don't, though.
Summer after highschool, when we first met.
Wed make out in your mustang to radiohead.
And on my 18th birthday we got matching tattoos.

Used to steal your parents liquor and climb to the roof.
Talk about a future like we had a clue.
Never planned that one day I'd be losing you...:(

:phone:

Xubble

Smash Ace
Except some people think Zelda actually changes her gender using magic. If she stays a chick, I'm down for that. But I don't want to be doing a dude with a whip and needles. >_<

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Except some people think Zelda actually changes her gender using magic. If she stays a chick, I'm down for that. But I don't want to be doing a dude with a whip and needles. >_<
She stays a chick, I've viewed way too many sheik doujinshi's to think that its a gender change
i regret absolutely nothing

Xubble

Smash Ace
I thought the manga hinted towards it. I never read it, so who knows.

Regardless,
Female Sheik: Hell yes.
Male Sheik: oh unholy Ganon no.

PK-ow!

Smash Lord
can u buffer side b off a ledgehop? I can never do it right next to the ground from the ledge for some reason =/
Ledgejump buffer Windpipe Throttle - which is the one you mean by your description of what happens when you mess up - is the way easier one, but the less useful.
It can't be mashed out. You want to get it so he is floating just above the ground, like a simul- jump+side+B input.

However this is nothing compared to a ledgedrop -> hop side B (ledgehop side B), which, when done incorrectly, usually kills you, but when done correctly, teleports Ganon, gets extra range, and leaves you much safer by guarding your precious hurtbox.
I believe this was Z1gma's find. Correct input requires a perfectly straight drop, an instant jump, and a side-B at the top of that jump.

Have we not passed on this amazing find?

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Sheiks a dude.
Play OoT.

Someone reffers to sheik as "he" at some point in the game. Like after the black thing in the village near death mountain which name I cannot remember.

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
I would totally bang Zelda. Multiple times. No wonder Ganon kidnaps her so much.

She stays a chick, I've viewed way too many sheik doujinshi's to think that its a gender change
i regret absolutely nothing
^this.

Also I've been playing Skyward Sword and oh man guys. I'm totally freaking out. There's so much to do and ahhhhh *head explodes*

Heartstring

Smash Legend
Okay guys, Real talk for a minute.

I've just found out that the people who i was assured were coming to apex have just about said hes not going. so im travelling alone
We said about having a hotel room with a few of us in it, and if it's at all possible i would like to call up on this offer.
Also, if any of you are arriving at newark airport on the 4th january then please let me know, i need to travel with at least somebody i know kinda. As unganly as it is to say, I'm really scared of the city.

thanks in advance if any of you can help

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I'll be arriving on Wednesday.

Do you have plans for Wed?

IF not, maybe i'll ask Dapuffster if you can chill with us til your ride gets there.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I'll be arriving on Wednesday.

Do you have plans for Wed?

IF not, maybe i'll ask Dapuffster if you can chill with us til your ride gets there.
Yeah, i arrive wednesday, and no i have no plans. any plans i had were dependant on the others not being ****s, which flaked

i have recently found that one of them is still trying to get here, but im dubious.

also what do you mean by 'my ride'?

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
I assumed that someone was getting you.

But, Dapuffster also is an hour away from the airport.

Sooooo

I'm not sure what your plan is for the week...

But..

I'll be at Puffsters.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
If I've followed both ganon and jiggly boards correctly, then Mink and Puffsta are rooming, and GP was asking to stay in the ganon hotel room because he has no where else to go.

And Mink will be riding with dapuffser to apex, and GP will, if he shows Wednesday, have to find some way to get back to the ganon hotel room if he hung with mink.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Slightly.

Wed and Thurs i'm staying at dapuffsters place, roughly 45 minutes from APEX and the hotel.

the ganon hotel is, in theory, 5 miles or so from the venue.

Meanwhile.. i'll be staying in that Hyatt from Fri-Sun

When my plane gets in, i'll be chillin' at the airport until puffster gets me. In which case you are welcome to hangout. When he gets me, i'm not sure if you can chill, i can ask. But i'm not sure what you plan on doing after that happens.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
I assumed that someone was getting you.

But, Dapuffster also is an hour away from the airport.

Sooooo

I'm not sure what your plan is for the week...

But..

I'll be at Puffsters.
ah, i see. no im thoroughly alone in my endeavours at the moment XD

so, theres me and one other guy, is there any ganons looking for people to stay with? we could have a 4 man ganon hotel room with one not being a ganon XD
it gives us a legit room for the ganon evening too

ninja edit: i see, seeing as someone has decided to un-flake im going to see if hes actually coming or not before put anyone out of joint

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
That and he's scary.

alot of people like being the underdog.. but i'm sure that true ganon mains use ganon for their own liking.

Heartstring

Smash Legend
i use ganon because hes fun as ****
u only need like 1/3 of the hits of any other char. its awesome
I know right? also every time i get the hard read on the side-b techchase the opponenet just has this flicker of 'oh ****' or their face as my meaty elbow connects on their back roll/getup attack/normal getup

Top Bottom