• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorfs Missed tech Flame Choke  followups list

Ganondorfs Missed tech Flame Choke followups list

Didier337

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4742-5843-4940
I did more testing on Ganon's Flame Choke and I found this interesting:
Side-B -> Up-Smash
and
Side-B -> F-Smash(Downward)
are both true combos on most likely everyone(exception is :4mewtwo::4ryu: because I haven't bought them to test on,works on everyone else) ,If not teched of course.

Timing is VERY STRICT but it is possible and worth it dealing 33%(Up-smash) and 36%(F-smash)

*Note:
37%(Up-smash) and 41%(F-smash) on :4bowserjr:

Tested on Smash 4 3Ds V1.0.8

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
I did more testing on Ganon's Flame Choke and I found this interesting:
Side-B -> Up-Smash
and
Side-B -> F-Smash(Downward)
are both true combos on most likely everyone(exception is :4mewtwo::4ryu: because I haven't bought them to test on,works on everyone else) ,If not teched of course.

Timing is VERY STRICT but it is possible and worth it dealing 33%(Up-smash) and 36%(F-smash)

*Note:
37%(Up-smash) and 41%(F-smash) on :4bowserjr:

Tested on Smash 4 3Ds V1.0.8
Don't play with my heart, Padre.

Didier337

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4742-5843-4940
Don't play with my heart, Padre.
Unfortunatly,After hours of trying,I just discovered even though it's considered a "true combo" it doesn't work.The Data is false and the same shenanigans with grab releasing off the stage and following up.

Last edited:

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Unfortunatly,After hours of trying,I just discovered even though it's considered a "true combo" it doesn't work.The Data is false and the same shenanigans with grab releasing off the stage and following up.
I was 99% sure this was the case, but thanks for doing your due diligence and following up.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Just want to add that Mewtwo, the Miis, Bowser & Little mac are all hit by D-tilt if they tech roll away from Ganon and that Olimar can be hit by D-smash ONLY if Ganon doesn't have any pikmin on him, same goes for Dark fists on Olimar.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
I think you can catch tech roll away with wizards foot vs every character. I haven't tested them all but it works on sheik who has a pretty long one. It's hard to do it on reaction though.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
I think you can catch tech roll away with wizards foot vs every character. I haven't tested them all but it works on sheik who has a pretty long one. It's hard to do it on reaction though.
Zelda has the best tech roll I've seen in the game and it doesn't work on her. She can shield before wizkick reaches her.

samalamma708

Smash Rookie
I haven't gotten to test this out yet myself but this video seems to indicate that you can catch the roll away with a running SH fair. Looks incredibly useful for killing as well, which is nice considering the roll away was listed as the least punishable option.

TheOrangeJacket

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheOrangeJacket
I haven't gotten to test this out yet myself but this video seems to indicate that you can catch the roll away with a running SH fair. Looks incredibly useful for killing as well, which is nice considering the roll away was listed as the least punishable option.
First off i'd like to say i had no idea this discussion section existed so i apologise for not responding to anyone. Also you are correct, SH F-air does hit everyone but it doesn't kill nearly as fast as the reverse F-Smash so i didn't bother to include it. Also running reverse F-tilt is also able to hit everyone. So if you wanted to cover the roll towards ganon"option but be safe it's better to F-tilt or flame choke than SH F-air because the SH F-air can be punished easier.

TL;DR:
Running reverse f-tilt, and SH F-air hit all characters that roll towards ganon but they aren't as good as other options.

samalamma708

Smash Rookie
TL;DR:
Running reverse f-tilt, and SH F-air hit all characters that roll towards ganon but they aren't as good as other options.
I was referring to covering the roll AWAY with SH fair, not the roll towards. I've since tested it and it works against standard rolls but not tech rolls. The timing is a bit tricky to pull off though.

TheOrangeJacket

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheOrangeJacket
I was referring to covering the roll AWAY with SH fair, not the roll towards. I've since tested it and it works against standard rolls but not tech rolls. The timing is a bit tricky to pull off though.
Oh crap I'm so sorry i totally misread it. But yeah thanks very much for pointing this out I'll be testing the frame data on it later tonight and post my results once it's conclusive.

TheOrangeJacket

Smash Rookie
NNID
TheOrangeJacket
Thanks jmanup85 for pointing out that Zelda cannot be hit by wizard foor. I went back and did more research and discovered that 7 characters cannot be hit by anything if they tech roll away which are link, falco, ike, palutena, wft, zelda, bayonetta. Little mac has a really weird roll so if you wizard foot immediately you will miss him, so you would have to wait to catch him but little mac can be hit by D-tilt and flame choke so they are better options than wizard kick.

Top Bottom