• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf was one of the coolest characters in melee

Warriors

Smash Journeyman
with his new look in brawl, ganondorf became one of the best characters on brawl. the added pounds added to his evilness

Magus-Cie

Smash Journeyman
I like the new model, but I don't think he feels as powerful as he did in melee. Just something about his moves in melee just screamed "if I hit you, you are screwed." Now...he feels more about mindgames and less about power.

Dionysus

Smash Cadet
his new evilness definitely comes from the added strength, with that in mind i can overlook his ugliness

RedSteel

Smash Rookie
He was one of the coolest in Melee, and it he got a serious make over for this game! If anyone prefers the Melee version over this one, that is their opinion. My opinion however, has to side with Brawls version. The only thing he lacks, is even if he doesn't use it in battle, he should have a holster of some sort with the sword on his back, giving him a more warrior look. Ganondorf DOES use a sword after all, it's not unheard of.

My final statement, this is the best he has ever looked, just missing that wicked sword sitting on his back!

Froth

Smash Journeyman
The thing I hate the most is that he walks almost as fast as he can dash.

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
ganon looks and is far more gangsta in brawl. from the video's ive watched i see so much potential in him he might even be top tier.
lol Ganon won't ever be top tier in Brawl. He's too slow and doesn't have enough range. It would be a miracle if he could make it to the bottom of middle tier again.

I like the TP model more than OoT. Ganondorf looks like a lion now, not some balding thug. I just wish he was faster or that he had more range ::(

Dark-Pikachu-0

Smash Rookie
He's more about prediction than before. Just stand still, wait for your opponent and counter his approach, then repeat until you can edgeguard him. I never paid attention to him in melee, but now I like him.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Flame Choke along with d-tilt sure makes an effective combo. Knowing how to avoid the move can also prove to be vital too.

Deathanchor

Smash Apprentice
Sadly Ganon was extremely nerfed. He was my main back in melee. Now he looks more like a sausage with corn rolls. When he walks he hold his arms up like a girl too. Plus his armor no longer features awesome spikes and leather. His limbs have also shrunk which makes his aerials suffer greatly. The list goes on and on. Ganon was pro back in Melee, plus he looked cooler, so I'm going to have to side with the OoT model.

Froth

Smash Journeyman
His standard shock punch attack was awesome and powerful. Now, it's nothing

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
VGamerJoe, you make me sad, but I shall help you.

Down tilt is the move a character does when you Tilt (not smash) the analog stick in a direction and push the A-button. When Ganondorf does it he crouches and shoves his leg out and pops his enemy in the air. It's a good set up at low to medium percentages.

Second, the jab/ "shock punch" was very cool in Melee. It was quick. Now in Brawl it's pretty slow BUT now it can KILL :) A fair trade in my book!

Froth

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, sorry, I kinda figured that out on my own. I'm not used to all these technical names because I didn't really do anything with SSB over the internet, thanks though. :)

Mido02

Smash Apprentice
ganon-kirby FTW!!! now i can see that hair that i hate ENLARGENED!!

on a serious note I do like his design in brawl and I actually prefer this Ganondorf better than in melee as a fighter because it suits him better. Ganondorf in melee seemed too much like Captian Falcon so this change wuz a great welcome for me. as for actually playing as him I do admit I loose more than I win with him but thats mostly becuz I dont own the game or a wii so I cant practice(i'll get 1 in summer wen skool is over). I do however see a lot of potiential with him. like most people have mentioned before almost all of his moves CAN KILL YOUUU. if used properly and at the right time. so in the hands of a pro Ganondorf will do wonders.

daftsir

Smash Rookie
i love gannondorf hate the designers

k so everyone here has seen this page. but where in twilight princess does gannondorf run like a tool. i get making him slow but still "He runs while panting... "Uff uff uff!"" what the hell

Ceruvik

Smash Cadet
Maybe he is out of shape? Probably a way to balance his huge weight and strength. He has big strength slow speed like sonic has high speed low strength. Sonic players aren't complaining, right? or are they?

Froth

Smash Journeyman
Have you noticed, his eyebrows are connected to the hair on his head!
That would be really creepy in real life.

Dionysus

Smash Cadet
i try to use ganon cuz he was my melee main but in 1v1s i dont have much luck, FFAs and team battle= pure ownage tho

Froth

Smash Journeyman
Did I mention his eyebrows are connected to the hair on his head?
It's like the opposite of the unibrow.

Gensuke

Smash Rookie
am i the only one that likes the new ganon... he may be slower, but it's a slower game. in relative terms he's about the same speed, and yeah he has bad air landing lag, but he's primarily enough a ground fighter unlike his ssbm counterpart. lastly i know he runs like a tool, it saddens me too but it isn't enough to take away why i like him. He's always been one of the most challenging characters to master meaning you don't see a lot of him in tournaments, so when you win with him it feels good and no one can belittle you by saying "that char is god tier and unfair, picking him is like cheating!"

Dionysus

Smash Cadet
i like the new ganon hes slower but stronger, even if its harder to get a good hit in once you do its over, u-air can keep just about everyone away from the stage

Torny

Smash Rookie
I liked Melee Ganon more until I flipped through his coloring, now that I've found Papadorf there's no looking back.

Jumpinjahosafa

Smash Ace
The people who don't like his look probably havnt played TP.

His look totally fit his attitude in that game. Also I don't think he's fat, he seemed more muscular to me.

Just not as lean.

Top Bottom