• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf was one of the coolest characters in melee

00Sn8k

Smash Cadet
That's true but like him more in brawl. Moves, looks and all. Still think he should of had his sword as a weapon though...

ummyyeeaahh

Smash Cadet
He put on about 200 pounds in WW and he was more bad *** than any of the other Ganondorfs.

Miller

Smash Lord
Its more like His torso developed Gigantism and his legs developed Dwarfism. Have you seen how stubby is legs are?

~Shin~

Smash Apprentice

:034:

Smash Hero
The model does look.. odd. However, his new voice just makes him sound so insane. If I wasn't already a fan, I'd play him just to hear that insane voice of him.

Hand of Pain

Smash Rookie
you've got to be kidding me! This is his best look by far. He looked like a wimp in melee and his face was ridiculous. This is definitely his best look by far. He didn't get fatter, he got buffer as he should be. i don't understand how anyone could not like how he looks. :confused:

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
you've got to be kidding me! This is his best look by far. He looked like a wimp in melee and his face was ridiculous. This is definitely his best look by far. He didn't get fatter, he got buffer as he should be. i don't understand how anyone could not like how he looks. :confused:
quoted for being so fuucking true.

everyone who disagrees, Eat a D!ck

Trajan

Smash Cadet
The armor only makes him look fat from the 2D perspective 50 feet away that Brawl has, ESPECIALLY in these low quality youtube videos. On a decent sized screen, when Ganondorf's image is actually larger than an inch, you'll see how great the texture and model on his armor are.

Really, I liked the Ocarina of Time/ Melee look as much as anyone, but the Twilight Princess model and texture are simply an uprated version of those.

Mama

Smash Ace
I love the new look waayyyyy more than the old look. It really suits him. He looks aged and powerful as warlocks should. (technically it is the same Ganondorf from OoT if you want to go into time line paradoxes and what not).

At first I was sad to here about his recovery nerf but I realize that he'll probably have a totally new play style. I think he's still be one of the coolest characters.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Yeah, I don't know how well he'll actually play compared to melee, but on the whole I like his new look a lot more. Sure, his legs look like they wouldn't be able to support his weight and all... but that's my only problem with him. He's cool now.

Talendime

Smash Ace
But then he put on 50 pounds for Brawl.
So what, he put on a few holiday pounds.. Give the guy a break.
You can fix him up using Brawl's new "Biggest Loser" feature. lolololololololololol
But seriously, I think it's good Ganondork is fatter. He was (as Ganon, of course) a fat pig in all the old games. And by old games I mean good games.
And by good I mean even better.

Trajan

Smash Cadet
Dude, Link to the Past had a blue and pink pig for a main villain instead of Ganondorf. Miyamoto knew a change was needed and made the necessary change with Ocarina of Time. Too bad he just hasn't made anything to match it since, but then hey, nobody else has either (still the highest rated professional reviewed game 10 years after release).

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
I think the Twilight Princess rendition of G-Dorf is the BEST! If you think it's crap, look at Ganon in some of the old games. Now THAT'S weight.

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
I think the Twilight Princess rendition of G-Dorf is the BEST! If you think it's crap, look at Ganon in some of the old games. Now THAT'S weight. Besides, if you've played Twilight Princess, G-Dorf is super epic in the last battle.

Regarding the hair, it took me a little while to get used to, but it really grows on you.

e319

Smash Apprentice
I always thought he looked skinnier in TP, but WW Ganon was fat... I thought WW ganon was cooler though, he had awsome lines and could kick butt even at the age of around 300 or something like that...

Venraneld

Smash Cadet
I still don't like the fact that he's a clone (and yes, he IS a clone). He should at least have an energy blast attack. He's a sorcerer for goodness sake.

The Wind Waker look is cool, but the Twilight Princess look is (imo) his coolest look so far. He looks more bad-*** now than he ever has before. What I don't like are his animations. I think that's what makes him look fat. He looks like he has trouble just lifting his legs. Ugh. He seemed a lot more coordinated in Melee.

I always thought the hair was awesome. It makes him look all regal like a true lord of evil should.

Venraneld

Smash Cadet
I still don't like the fact that he's a clone (and yes, he IS a clone). He should at least have an energy blast attack. He's a sorcerer for goodness sake.

The Wind Waker look is cool, but the Twilight Princess look is (imo) his coolest look so far. He looks more bad-*** now than he ever has before. What I don't like are his animations. I think that's what makes him look fat. He looks like he has trouble just lifting his legs. Ugh. He seemed a lot more coordinated in Melee.

I always thought the hair was awesome. It makes him look all regal like a true lord of evil should.

chaddd

Smash Lord
He's not so bad. He's still a steaming pile of trash compared to what he should be, but I'm still going to beat people with him. I swear it.

furyberserk

Smash Apprentice
The old Ganondorf looked like what he was and should be, a THEIF. In brawl the only two things that threw me off was that he didn't look a tough now that he looks shorter with the small legs. If it was longer than he would look like some thug that you would fear. The other thing was the way he runs. It looked better in melee when he ran. It was like he was going to steal something, kill someone or he just had the "Runing up on you" feeling with the "AAAARHHHH!!!" type. Now he looks like he should only be walking like he did in TP because he looks better walking then running. At least have a sword most of all. He ran cool with the sword. I didn't mean to talk so much, but the running made me thing about all or this.

Dionysus

Smash Cadet
basically ganondorf went from playing football to watching football...downgrade

I'm still maining him tho

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
The old Ganondorf looked like what he was and should be, a THEIF. In brawl the only two things that threw me off was that he didn't look a tough now that he looks shorter with the small legs. If it was longer than he would look like some thug that you would fear. The other thing was the way he runs. It looked better in melee when he ran. It was like he was going to steal something, kill someone or he just had the "Runing up on you" feeling with the "AAAARHHHH!!!" type. Now he looks like he should only be walking like he did in TP because he looks better walking then running. At least have a sword most of all. He ran cool with the sword. I didn't mean to talk so much, but the running made me thing about all or this.
Umm, Ganondorf might have been a theif in pre-ocarina (first game timeline-wise, but everyone knows that) but the second he started using sorcery and obtained the tri-force, he stopped being a theif, and became GANONDORF, SORCERER LORD OF EVIL! not GANONDORF, THEIF OF EVIL! His run in melee did NOT suit him. It was like a ******** monkey in slow motion. He doesn't have his sword, get over it. I agree though it was awesome.

timidshadow

Smash Apprentice
I love Ganondorf's new look, now he can actually pose as a god with his new headpiece. His new look makes him look alot more like a ruler instead of a petty theif/Gerudo.

brawlmaniac

Smash Lord
His model looks really cool, a lot better than it did in melee. I don't like the fact that he's still a clone of
Captain Falcon. He also looks like he has pretty bad moves. Hopefully, someone will find a way to make him a lot better.

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
im sorry to say even though ganon looks so much cooler they mad him much worse as a character. hes so big and clucky now. his fair cant be auto-canceled even from a full jump, his jab is much slower and all of his smashes except for his up smash are much slower and laggier on ending. his up smash is only one shiiity kick which is hard to land and his d smash is super slow.

ganon got lynched by several people with nerf sticks T_T

but at least he looks cool ^_^

furyberserk

Smash Apprentice
I just found a video with him. Can't find him running anymore, but I take back that he looks small. I was comparing him to Samus or Solid's height, which are obviously, very tall.

Dragmire

Smash Lord
Umm, Ganondorf might have been a theif in pre-ocarina (first game timeline-wise, but everyone knows that) but the second he started using sorcery and obtained the tri-force, he stopped being a theif, and became GANONDORF, SORCERER LORD OF EVIL! not GANONDORF, THEIF OF EVIL! His run in melee did NOT suit him. It was like a ******** monkey in slow motion. He doesn't have his sword, get over it. I agree though it was awesome.
and Cf (the clone) WAS the ******** monkey :laugh:

but seroiusly TP ganondorf look is really awesome for his wicked attitude. although I liked his old voice better he still looks awesome

Sharky

Smash Master
I have to say the TP Gannondorf was by far the most badass looking gannondorf ever. I started playing more with him today (about a couple hours or so) and, given proper timing, he's freakin awesome. He breaks the assumption that it takes longer to kill people in brawl than in melee, cause he's got so much power. The only thing I don't like about him now is the lack of a proper recovery. Why the hell did they gimp his wizard boot in midair >.>

furyberserk

Smash Apprentice
I agree that his run in melee didn't suit him well, but it had a more powerful feeling in it. I stated that he looked like a theif, not just because he was one, but that his costume still looks like some petty theif, at least in Ocarina. I can only see him in the Ocarina costume until I play melee, which just looks a little better. Better because of the design. I suggested the sword in brawl because he looks weak without it in melee, except the warlock punch, fair and dair only. His design in Brawl is great, but the sword looks like power itself. I would be happy if it showed him with it when he won (cause I wouldn't even know).

Top Bottom