• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf: Patch 1.1.4 Changes

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
There must be at least one more patch, cuz Corny and Bayonetta should probably get some tweaks.

BOB R.O.B.

Smash Rookie
I want to make sure of something, even though supposedly no changes according to data. Can someone confirm the exact kill percentage of Dark Dive Uppercut on Mario on Battlefield from ledge for me. It would be most appreciated.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
I want to make sure of something, even though supposedly no changes according to data. Can someone confirm the exact kill percentage of Dark Dive Uppercut on Mario on Battlefield from ledge for me. It would be most appreciated.
According to non-strict testing?

1.1.3 3DS Battlefield has it somewhere between 196-199%.

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
There has to be another patch incoming. There's no way they'd stop working on things just as two new chars come out. From what I've been hearing Bayo is pretty ridiculous, so she's bound to be nerfed or tweaked sooner or later, and Corrin may be seeing some kind of buffs just like the rest of the FE cast has been seeing, since I have yet to find much special in him myself.

Last edited:

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
Not bad, and considering a few top tiers also got their weights nerfed a bit does help.
...Ray, man, I love you and all, but the changes you're talking about are so close to nothing they might as well be nothing for all the impact they'll have on the game.

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
hey man the capability to survive an entire extra percent will tooootally matter. now Sheik has to struggle to hit us with one more needle than normal to secure a totally fair and early KO.

who needs a Wizkick buff or aerial frame reductions or a faster jab or a grab range longer than the size of a man's nipples or a kill throw/kill confirm throw or super armor on some of our moves or more aerial mobility when we got this?

King9999

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mmking9999
3DS FC
2105-8754-7747
Switch FC
2722-8799-3295
hey man the capability to survive an entire extra percent will tooootally matter. now Sheik has to struggle to hit us with one more needle than normal to secure a totally fair and early KO.

who needs a Wizkick buff or aerial frame reductions or a faster jab or a grab range longer than the size of a man's nipples or a kill throw/kill confirm throw or super armor on some of our moves or more aerial mobility when we got this?
Is that how weight works? Is it a percentage value, or is it used to scale the knockback in some way? I'm thinking it's the latter. I don't know if I'd be so quick with the sarcasm.

Last edited:

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
It does scale in some way, but not very well. I think 1 unit might make him survive like 2-3% later, and make the gatekeeper three die like 2-3% earlier.

Still not a huge deal, but technically it is something :/

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
apologies if the sarcasm was too strong. it wasn't directed at Ray specifically, I'm just bitter that we got another patch that didn't address Ganon's core issues

but yea I think weight scales the knockback so like Swoops said it might actually be 2-3% type of thing. I mean...I'll take what I can get but at the same time..............

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
Weight changes by 1 unit is a poor excuse for a change IMO. For any character. It does prove that weight in the game code can be altered and they did squat in regards to that with Mewtwo.

Last edited:

randomguy1235

Smash Apprentice
Weight changes by 1 unit is a poor excuse for a change IMO. For any character. It does prove that weight in the game code can be altered and they did squat in regards to that with Mewtwo.
Mewtwo received a slew of buffs in exchange though, so it's not a raw deal by any means.

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
I will say this much, don't count on another patch. It's not impossible, but don't set your hopes and dreams on it.

Also, I don't think this was from the patch but D-throw RAR B-air is true at kill percents if they don't DI out on (probably) every character lighter than mario, from about 60-90% depending on weight (no rage). I tested with both airdodge spamming on a second controller and the training mode combo counter and it was true for both, but I'd like someone to sanity check this before I put it in the AT thread.

With that said, Weight buffs/nerfs are nice even if they're small. At least we got something.

Wizkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick aosdufhwoeuhrowucrhcmteoruh

Top Boss

Smash Journeyman
NNID
PizzaMonkey24
3DS FC
2449-5103-4580
I will say this much, don't count on another patch. It's not impossible, but don't set your hopes and dreams on it.

Also, I don't think this was from the patch but D-throw RAR B-air is true at kill percents if they don't DI out on (probably) every character lighter than mario, from about 60-90% depending on weight (no rage). I tested with both airdodge spamming on a second controller and the training mode combo counter and it was true for both, but I'd like someone to sanity check this before I put it in the AT thread.

With that said, Weight buffs/nerfs are nice even if they're small. At least we got something.

Wizkiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick aosdufhwoeuhrowucrhcmteoruh
I tested this out a few months back. I got it to work super consistently on Ryu.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I'm honestly not 100% certain that Ganon actually received a 1 unit weight buff...

Take it this way. I am currently testing all the characters with supposed changes, just to check if their weight had been changed. I am using Marth's Up Throw on Duck Hunt, using a 1.1.3 3DS and 1.1.4 3DS to get accurate results.

Now, I thought I would test Ganon regardless. On 1.1.3, he died from Marth's Up Throw at 199%.

In 1.1.4, he died at... 199%...

What this tells me is one of two things...

1) His weight didn't get a buff by 1 unit at all.

2) His gravity was reduced ever so slightly to compensate for the weight buff.

Food for thought, Ganon boards! More testing on various other things would be helpful to 100% confirm if his weight was changed or not. If any of you people have any ideas, get testing, or help us provide proof that his weight did indeed change.

dude1286

Smash Rookie
I kind of want to see Dark Dive get an enhancement in the form of being able to change direction when an opponent is grabbed. This could turn our recovery from "easy gimp" to an "I dare you to try and gimp" due to the opponent's distance from the stage after being sent further away by getting hit by the Dark Dive Reversal. One can dream for a move like that, as it wouldn't effect casual play because they don't use many edge-guarding tools.

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
I'm honestly not 100% certain that Ganon actually received a 1 unit weight buff...

Take it this way. I am currently testing all the characters with supposed changes, just to check if their weight had been changed. I am using Marth's Up Throw on Duck Hunt, using a 1.1.3 3DS and 1.1.4 3DS to get accurate results.

Now, I thought I would test Ganon regardless. On 1.1.3, he died from Marth's Up Throw at 199%.

In 1.1.4, he died at... 199%...

What this tells me is one of two things...

1) His weight didn't get a buff by 1 unit at all.

2) His gravity was reduced ever so slightly to compensate for the weight buff.

Food for thought, Ganon boards! More testing on various other things would be helpful to 100% confirm if his weight was changed or not. If any of you people have any ideas, get testing, or help us provide proof that his weight did indeed change.
I'm pretty sure that the weight change was found via datamining. I doubt they would've found something so small otherwise.

My guess is there's just something quirky going on with Duck Hunt's ceiling and Marth's KGB on his U-throw.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
I'm pretty sure that the weight change was found via datamining. I doubt they would've found something so small otherwise.

My guess is there's just something quirky going on with Duck Hunt's ceiling and Marth's KGB on his U-throw.
Yeah it was, nvm, don't mind me!

Shmeckie

Smash Cadet
NNID
shmeckie
Also, someone mentioned this:

Vertical kills are a bad way to test weight because vertical kills factor in weight, fall speed, and gravity.

Go for horizontal KOs if you want to test just weight (or that cool seesaw method I'm hearing about from @Meshima ).

Top Bottom