• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf=Just Put A Big Kick Me Sign ON MY BACK!

~The Koopa King~

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3169-5182-0524
seriously everytime i try and use him...he becomes a punching bag for the other characters
-_-...he's too slow and it's hard to connect any of his killer moves
i don't use him often
but i just want to know how do you get past all this and make ganon into a true force and not some clown?

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Sure you can make Ganon a lot better with practice, but you also need to face the fact that, against something like Metaknight, you will not be under control of the fight (dosnt mean you cant win) so just wait for that opening and punish any mistake, Ganon can kill with just a single opening, so keep an eye for it.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
Ganon can survive 1v1, but has anyone tried in a 4way? I don't like those, but those n00bs at the college will only do those, and Ganon will not survive unless I run away and let them fight each other till the end.

IR.O.B.edC.Falcon

Smash Apprentice
Ganon can survive 1v1, but has anyone tried in a 4way? I don't like those, but those n00bs at the college will only do those, and Ganon will not survive unless I run away and let them fight each other till the end.
Well, just thunderstorm all over the place, and tell them if they want to be cool, to turn on smash balls =P

GreyWolfii

Smash Cadet
ganon owns smash balls. my only thing is that, final smashes is usually the only way id win 4 for alls w/my friends....of course theyre sword users....

Stalfoe

Smash Apprentice
seriously everytime i try and use him...he becomes a punching bag for the other characters
i don't use him often
but i just want to know how do you get past all this and make ganon into a true force and not some clown?
Welcome to the best character in the game.

farfallas

Smash Rookie
i don't use him often
Only practice will make you better, but here are the things to keep in mind for Ganondorf.
--Keep yourself closely spaced for an entry, but keep evasive.
--Ganondorf is powerful enough to make short work of an opponent with a few well timed hits.

Cooper736

Smash Journeyman
I've found that Ganon is like DK: surprising range. His Dash attack and Murder Choke are fast and travel great distances, which mean you don't need to be in your opponents' faces, which is what the common noob thinks. Make sure you space outside your opponents range, but not so far away. And if you watch sliq's videos, you'll find he spot dodges A LOT. Keep that in mind while you look for Thunderstorming options.

-Aether

Smash Journeyman
Powershield + thunder storm spam + side B = god tier
If by God Tier, you mean Badass Tier infused with the power of the gods, then yes.

Also, to be noted, Side+B is not a move that Ganon has. He only has Murder Choke Slam Destruction. Grandpadorf does not have this move. He has Murder Cane.

That is all.

Sliq

Smash Master
I've found that Ganon is like DK: surprising range. His Dash attack and Murder Choke are fast and travel great distances, which mean you don't need to be in your opponents' faces, which is what the common noob thinks. Make sure you space outside your opponents range, but not so far away. And if you watch sliq's videos, you'll find he spot dodges A LOT. Keep that in mind while you look for Thunderstorming options.
wut

I hardly ever spot dodge...

:034:

Smash Hero
Haha, I watched Sliq's videos and I only remember him spot dodging once.

Ganon's spot dodge sucks anyway.

gantrain05

Smash Master
well even tho sakurai somehow made ganon slower, floatier, and cut his attack range in half, i still use him, and i find that if your fighting someone who isnt a giant slow idiot, like a diddy kong or a mario or somethin, you gotta try to play mindgames and you have to spot dodge, use his grabs alot for the only reason that its his fastest attack, even his Neutral A isnt really all that fast, but if you get someone over an edge, you Dair their brains out, that has got to be the best spike in the game^^

Grunge

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-wiggity
3DS FC
2938-8119-7719
Why? Mind Games is cool
and I require more thunderstorm!

Top Bottom