• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf is the Best Character Eternally: In Progress (Replacement Signups Help!)

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
This Thursday at 7-10pm Est -5?
That time range sounds pretty good. I'll suggest meeting specifically around 7:30pm your time (which should be about 4:30pm PST).

Will post back in this thread if anything unusual happens.

Last edited:

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
I may have lost, but I had the joy of finding out that i'm much better than I previously thought! Gg's Mr. kalm!

LSXAndrew

Smash Rookie
NNID
LSXAndrew
Sykkamorre Sykkamorre I'm CDT, so that's UTC-5

I could probably swing most nights this week sometime between 6:00 and 11:00 pm as long as it's planned out.
We can just PM if you want

Jyro

Smash Cadet
NNID
TheChooseGoose
-VictoriaJustice- -VictoriaJustice- Do you want to play our match this weekend? I can find time Friday, Saturday, or Sunday from 4PM to 1 AM Eastern Time. Any times in particular you want to play?

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Ugh, I don't know why it's acting up right now.

I'll try tomorrow or this weekend around the same time.

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
READ THE RULES, I TRIED TO COVER THIS.

Also how flexible are you on the weekends? Gonna ask Pon the same question.
To be fair, most of the entrants have asked the same question. Perhaps that indicates that most people couldn't infer what you were trying to communicate in the spreadsheet.

From what I saw, the rules cover nothing about language barriers specifically. All they say about arranging stage picks across a language barrier are "Arrange Stage Picks with the nicknames suggested below." That leaves a lot of potential unknowns, at least to me.

I'm not criticizing the work that you've done on this tournament. I understand that it takes a lot of work to put any online tournament on, and even more work to put together as high a quality one as this. Everyone here has had a blast playing in it and appreciates all the work you've put in to make it so fun and organized. I will be the first to commend you for the job you've done here. However, some things aren't the most clearly laid out in the rules document. If one person or two people said something about that, perhaps it's just them. But if that high of a number of people were unclear on stage picking in general, and particularly across a language barrier, it likely indicates that there could be a problem with the way the rules document conveys the information.

Again, I'm not trying to criticize you, your work, or your ideas, A2Z. I'm just pointing out that it might not be everyone's fault.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
A2ZOMG A2ZOMG Are me and Pon still having our match tonight? I'm free all weekend so whatever works best for him.
So...did you do your match today or not? I can't always be online to answer questions like this...did he not show up?

Otherwise you will have to catch him in the morning on the 8th.

Last edited:

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
So...did you do your match today or not? I can't always be online to answer questions like this...did he not show up?

Otherwise you will have to catch him in the morning on the 8th.
I just found out that I won't be able to do it this morning.

We didn't do it. We didn't have each other's NNIDs.

Would sometime next weekend work for him? And I should probably get his NNID now so this doesn't happen again.

Last edited:

LSXAndrew

Smash Rookie
NNID
LSXAndrew
I just found out that I won't be able to do it this morning.

We didn't do it. We didn't have each other's NNIDs.

Would sometime next weekend work for him? And I should probably get his NNID now so this doesn't happen again.

Looks like his NNID is GanoPon from the sign up sheet.

Name NNID
Pon (ぽん) GanoPon

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Ray_Kalm Ray_Kalm I'm legitimately sorry you had to be sent to losers this way. :(

@Opana we're up whenever, probably best to wait til at least Wednesday though.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
No worries, you played extremely well in lag, good for you!
I tried to show you some new things I learned, like autofastfall B-air and Dance Trot -> Perfect Pivot -> Wizkick.

I hope you found that interesting, though I messed them up a lot.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
I tried to show you some new things I learned, like autofastfall B-air and Dance Trot -> Perfect Pivot -> Wizkick.

I hope you found that interesting, though I messed them up a lot.
I saw what you were doing. Nice use of innovation.

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
I put my name in for a replacement, but I might have done it wrong. Sorry if it´s confusing

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
I'm doing surprisingly well this time around xD

But adom, kosk AND ray are now in losers so this will be short lived

Last edited:
Top Bottom