• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf is better than you think!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jarxo

Smash Rookie
I can understand why people believe Ganondorf is a terrible character (lack of combos, speed, etc.) but i find this completely absurd. I have won every single game with him, and have beatin every character with him. I have even beatin classic mode, all-star mode, and subspace emissary all on the expert difficulty with him. I also would like to state that the only real problem i have found with Ganondorf is he runs a bit slow for someone who is supposed to be in shape (lol). I suggest if you are going to use Ganondorf that you should not rely on spead, but pure power. Smash attacks are his strong points along with his specials, so i would anticipate what the enemys next move will be. The best way to get use to him is to go 1 on 3 in V.S. mode with three fast characters (Sonic, Meta-Knight, etc.) thats how i got so good with him. I did the same strategy with him in Melee. I hope you will give Ganondorf another look.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Beating other people, subspace, vs CPU's means nothing, people want to know how well you place with him at high levels of play.

Jarxo

Smash Rookie
Ah i was also talking about online as well. Most of his attacks are a slow framed in all. I just think people judge that due to time consumption of his power. It's well worth the slight wait and all.

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
Win few tourneys with him, post some vids and post 'em here :)

THEN say he's better than everybody thinks, my guess is that most of the people would know better than you...

Oh well, I might be wrong too, waiting to hear from u lol

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I can understand why people believe Ganondorf is a terrible character (lack of combos, speed, etc.) but i find this completely absurd. I have won every single game with him, and have beatin every character with him. I have even beatin classic mode, all-star mode, and subspace emissary all on the expert difficulty with him. I also would like to state that the only real problem i have found with Ganondorf is he runs a bit slow for someone who is supposed to be in shape (lol). I suggest if you are going to use Ganondorf that you should not rely on spead, but pure power. Smash attacks are his strong points along with his specials, so i would anticipate what the enemys next move will be. The best way to get use to him is to go 1 on 3 in V.S. mode with three fast characters (Sonic, Meta-Knight, etc.) thats how i got so good with him. I did the same strategy with him in Melee. I hope you will give Ganondorf another look.
Ah, an innocent, young, aspiring Ganondorf who has not yet realized his severe limitations in the game....

Wait wut? Inb4WizkickSpike is what I mean.

no really, I recently realized he has it worse than Jigglypuff. When you got me finally saying that, you know something's REALLY wrong...

Superspright

Smash Lord
Sounds about right. Ganon is awful. The fact no one studies the match up is the only reason why Ganon can even place ANYWHERE in a tournament really. Ganon wins based on his opponent's ignorance.

Sasha

Smash Journeyman
Lol you posted this in Meet & Greet, too? I sense troll.

Also, you can never have too many pylons! Starcraft 2 needs to come out!

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
Obviously this guy knows more about Ganon then you guys. He completed Classic, All-Star AND Subspace on FREAKIN EXPERT DIFFICULTY.

10respects

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I can understand why people believe Ganondorf is a terrible character (lack of combos, speed, etc.) but i find this completely absurd. I have won every single game with him, and have beatin every character with him. I have even beatin classic mode, all-star mode, and subspace emissary all on the expert difficulty with him.
We do not include experience with the 1 player modes in the analysis of competitive play. Please lurk more.

I also would like to state that the only real problem i have found with Ganondorf is he runs a bit slow for someone who is supposed to be in shape (lol). I suggest if you are going to use Ganondorf that you should not rely on spead, but pure power. Smash attacks are his strong points along with his specials, so i would anticipate what the enemys next move will be. The best way to get use to him is to go 1 on 3 in V.S. mode with three fast characters (Sonic, Meta-Knight, etc.) thats how i got so good with him. I did the same strategy with him in Melee. I hope you will give Ganondorf another look.
No, his run speed is not his only problem. A lot of his hitboxes are terribly situational and he has massive blindspots. Furthermore, his ending lag is terrible on everything that actually has a good hitbox, meaning he will ALWAYS get punished by a patient player. His recovery is also easy to gimp.

His Smashes are all terrible. F-smash is probably his best Smash attack in terms of range, power, and general application, and it's SUPER SUPER slow and difficult to land, and massively punishable. U-smash has low ending lag, but a horrible hitbox. D-smash is massively punishable on whiff or block and doesn't kill anything. Furthermore, Ganondorf can do NOTHING to force people to think twice about shielding. His Flame Choke is easily spotdodged and punished on reaction, and his regular grabs have the worst range in the game. Mentioning spotdodges, Ganondorf can also do nothing against people who spotdodge on reaction. His fastest attack, Jab, has TWENTY FIVE FRAMES OF ENDING LAG, and 25 frames happens to be the exact duration of the average spotdodge, so in short, whiffing ANYTHING on a spotdodge means you will always get punished hard.

Ganondorf in MELEE is a completely different beast. In Melee, he has TONS of ridiculously long ranged stuff that has very low ending lag, not to mention an amazing recovery, and his throws actually combo extremely well. The advent of wavelanding means he also moves MUCH MUCH faster than a character of his type normally should.

Try actually playing someone who knows how to wait or poke with fast, safe, high priority tools. There is almost nothing Ganondorf can do in competitive play.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
Those of you who were lucky enough to post here... hooray, free posts for you.

At original poster... this is the kind of stuff that the General Discussion thread exists for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom