• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf de-cloningish

WaLuP

Smash Rookie
During the Smash Bros E3 we all saw the new design of the man himself, Ganondorf. Like most, I also was filled with Joy and happiness with the new changes they had for Ganondorf. The sword, the OOT design and the new what seems to maybe be a new play style. He's now a decent character and may fall in mid to high tier. But is that all for him? The game is still in development and may be subject to change. But one thing that I want to for Ganondorf is new NEW changes. Making him less of a clone. His new smash attacks are a great welcome but I hate to see that Ganondorf is borrowing moves from Ike and Cloud. Where is the moves that he uses in all of the games he's been in? I'm sure that everybody wants a Ganondorf that best represents his origins. I may have some ideas to it. Warlock punch...in my opinion I never like this special. The move has always been really bad. Sure super amour and the knock back that this move has make this a beast of a move that kills at early percentages, but this move has always been slow for what it is. You'll never see this move used outside of a shield break punish,even those are rare. This move one way or another has been useless with Ganondorf. Instead of this we could have a new and suited replacement for Ganondorf. Instead of this move we could have him use his lighting blast from the battle in OOT. In my eyes this could be a great replacement for Warlock punch. This move could also go father and maybe use to lock on to opponents, letting him have a opening to attack with his horrible speed. The longer you charge it the more damage. Now going from his Warlock punch to his Up B. This move is horrible. Slow, predictable and lacking. This move could be replace with a teleport like what he does in the battle of Phantom Ganon in OOT. This move doesn't need a hit box or anything. Just simple a teleport. He is a wizard after all. Why not represent him as one. But no big deal if it isn't change. Ganondorf in OOT has been seen levitating with magic. This could be something along the line of Peach. Where if you hold up after a jump you could float for a little bit. But instead for Ganondorf you could input directions making him be a little better at recovering. This doesn't have to last long,maybe 1-2 seconds will go a long way getting back. These are just some ideas that I was thinking and hope will happen though. I will still play Ganondorf religiously but I want him to be represent his origins a little better. Any thoughts on this?

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
If Ganon gets Dead Mans volley as his neutral B, get a teleport as an Up B, get the ground punch from OoT as down B and get some sort of a hover while holding jump.

He would be perfect in my opinion still some punch and kicks which I'm ok with but his specials and a hover would really show moves from the canon which is only appropriate

During the Smash Bros E3 we all saw the new design of the man himself, Ganondorf. Like most, I also was filled with Joy and happiness with the new changes they had for Ganondorf. The sword, the OOT design and the new what seems to maybe be a new play style. He's now a decent character and may fall in mid to high tier. But is that all for him? The game is still in development and may be subject to change. But one thing that I want to for Ganondorf is new NEW changes. Making him less of a clone. His new smash attacks are a great welcome but I hate to see that Ganondorf is borrowing moves from Ike and Cloud. Where is the moves that he uses in all of the games he's been in? I'm sure that everybody wants a Ganondorf that best represents his origins. I may have some ideas to it. Warlock punch...in my opinion I never like this special. The move has always been really bad. Sure super amour and the knock back that this move has make this a beast of a move that kills at early percentages, but this move has always been slow for what it is. You'll never see this move used outside of a shield break punish,even those are rare. This move one way or another has been useless with Ganondorf. Instead of this we could have a new and suited replacement for Ganondorf. Instead of this move we could have him use his lighting blast from the battle in OOT. In my eyes this could be a great replacement for Warlock punch. This move could also go father and maybe use to lock on to opponents, letting him have a opening to attack with his horrible speed. The longer you charge it the more damage. Now going from his Warlock punch to his Up B. This move is horrible. Slow, predictable and lacking. This move could be replace with a teleport like what he does in the battle of Phantom Ganon in OOT. This move doesn't need a hit box or anything. Just simple a teleport. He is a wizard after all. Why not represent him as one. But no big deal if it isn't change. Ganondorf in OOT has been seen levitating with magic. This could be something along the line of Peach. Where if you hold up after a jump you could float for a little bit. But instead for Ganondorf you could input directions making him be a little better at recovering. This doesn't have to last long,maybe 1-2 seconds will go a long way getting back. These are just some ideas that I was thinking and hope will happen though. I will still play Ganondorf religiously but I want him to be represent his origins a little better. Any thoughts on this?
Great points.

Seems like they're decloning him slowly, one Smash game at a time. Maybe they're too afraid of a complete revamp and the potential backlash from his fanbase.

For the moveset, i totally agree with you and _Ganondorf_ _Ganondorf_ , it could be perfect. Going back to his OoT design would have been a good occasion to bring back moves from his original design.

A few crazy ideas inspired by yours about Lightning blasts: not too strong but with a short staggering/ZeroSuit Stun Gun effect and a mechanic where the blast are slowly homing on the closest enemy but could be reflected at Ganondorf if hitted. The more the blast is reflected, the higher its speed (you know where i'm going).

Boartobewild

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for making this thread mate!
If you hadn't, I most likely would have created one at some point myself. Just didn't wanted to stir this topic up again quite so soon, considering how the last time went. <_<

Regardless, I'm glad we finally have a dedicated thread for this now, so we can just point people here, instead of derailing every other thread like we used to up til now.

Anyway I gravitate more towards the opinion, that we don't need to abolish Falcondorf and replace him with either Blood Falcon or Black Shadow, as most people prob won't care to play this chars with these kind of low tier attributes. Most people agree that they played Ganon for being Ganon and getting/feeling the sense of devilish satisfaction of annihal/obliteri-tating their opponents with the Triforce of Pooooowwwwwwwaaaaaaaah and the Title of Demon and King of Evil as their moniker!
Just granting some utterly bland and devoid of substance character like Black shadow and "Evil" Falcon this honor of taking up this Mantle, would feel very wrong IMHO!!!

Instead I would just make another new version of Ganon from the ground up, with attributes, traits and a moveset (esp. his specials) deserving of the Demon King, that also represents either one of the other Games like Ww, Tp (again, for all the people who miss his weird hair curls that much :| ) or even HW, which has one of the best designs and nods to Demise by a long shot.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
Ganondorf was fine when he wasn't using his sword.

Now his sword is just tacked onto his moveset and it clashes with the image that Smash has built up.

I will not tolerate any more complaints to make him more "canon".

WaLuP

Smash Rookie
Thanks for making this thread mate!
If you hadn't, I most likely would have created one at some point myself. Just didn't wanted to stir this topic up again quite so soon, considering how the last time went. <_<

Regardless, I'm glad we finally have a dedicated thread for this now, so we can just point people here, instead of derailing every other thread like we used to up til now.

Anyway I gravitate more towards the opinion, that we don't need to abolish Falcondorf and replace him with either Blood Falcon or Black Shadow, as most people prob won't care to play this chars with these kind of low tier attributes. Most people agree that they played Ganon for being Ganon and getting/feeling the sense of devilish satisfaction of annihal/obliteri-tating their opponents with the Triforce of Pooooowwwwwwwaaaaaaaah and the Title of Demon and King of Evil as their moniker!
Just granting some utterly bland and devoid of substance character like Black shadow and "Evil" Falcon this honor of taking up this Mantle, would feel very wrong IMHO!!!

Instead I would just make another new version of Ganon from the ground up, with attributes, traits and a moveset (esp. his specials) deserving of the Demon King, that also represents either one of the other Games like Ww, Tp (again, for all the people who miss his weird hair curls that much :| ) or even HW, which has one of the best designs and nods to Demise by a long shot.
This is a great idea. Both sides of the fan base wins. One side gets a Ganon that best represents him and the other gets a new character to fall in love with and could still be played like the old Ganon. Thanks for that idea and comment. Also what do you mean "how the last time went"? I'm new here so I don't know what you mean.

Quillion

Smash Hero
This is a great idea. Both sides of the fan base wins. One side gets a Ganon that best represents him and the other gets a new character to fall in love with and could still be played like the old Ganon. Thanks for that idea and comment. Also what do you mean "how the last time went"? I'm new here so I don't know what you mean.
You know what? I think the best solution to this problem is to give old characters entirely new, swappable movesets as a better successor to the Smash 4 custom system.

For example, Mario could use his hammer, Zelda could use her Light Bow for projectile normals, and Ganondorf could either use his sword or magic. And these movesets would be directly selectable on the CSS.

There's no need to introduce entirely new iterations of one character when there actually is some demand to give those characters new toys to play with.

WaLuP

Smash Rookie

Now his sword is just tacked onto his moveset and it clashes with the image that Smash has built up.

I'm sorry if this post angered you in anyway. But these ideas are suggestions not complaints. If it happens I would love to play as most people would. But if not his current playmate is totally fine. I can see why people don't want him to change. Seeing that people have been with him for almost 20 years. Thank you for your comment but if you don't like it, please let us have a discussion that we want to have. You don't have to be here. Thank you for taking time out of you day to comment though.

Union of Darkness

Smash Ace

I agree with this. It's especially jarring since OoT Ganondorf has never used a sword. It would have been more appropriate to have a sword if they kept the TP design.

You know what? I think the best solution to this problem is to give old characters entirely new, swappable movesets as a better successor to the Smash 4 custom system.

For example, Mario could use his hammer, Zelda could use her Light Bow for projectile normals, and Ganondorf could either use his sword or magic. And these movesets would be directly selectable on the CSS.

There's no need to introduce entirely new iterations of one character when there actually is some demand to give those characters new toys to play with.
That's actually brilliant!

Having some kind of alternate moveset like characters have alt. skins, i.e. a OoT Ganon's moveset and TP Ganon's moveset. That would be just perfect.

This would mean a ton of work for Sakurai's team though.

I agree with this. It's especially jarring since OoT Ganondorf has never used a sword. It would have been more appropriate to have a sword if they kept the TP design.
Good point. That's a strange creative choice on their part, giving back the Dorf his OoT look and giving him a sword... but correct me if i'm wrong his new sword isn't from TP? Is it from Hyrule Warriors?

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
That's actually brilliant!

Having some kind of alternate moveset like characters have alt. skins, i.e. a OoT Ganon's moveset and TP Ganon's moveset. That would be just perfect.

This would mean a ton of work for Sakurai's team though.
Far more trouble than it's worth, honestly. The custom moves in Sm4sh nearly tripled their workload as it was. And just how much were those even used in the end, anyway? Unlockable only, unlocked at random, and not even allowed online. I still don't have all of them. I'm not going to try either.

Also, this would be a balancing nightmare. Just give characters new stuff that fits them better. If players can't adapt, too bad. Canon > Player Familiarity.

Good point. That's a strange creative choice on their part, giving back the Dorf his OoT look and giving him a sword... but correct me if i'm wrong his new sword isn't from TP? Is it from Hyrule Warriors?
Don't you recognize it?

This baby's been waiting to be used since Melee... actually, it's even older than that.

Looking at the content here, it's clear the Zelda devs had been planning on giving Ganondorf a sword several years before Wind Waker. Also take special note that both the Ganondorf model and the sword model from this tech demo were reused for Melee.

Thus, Ganondorf using this particular sword has been waiting in the wings for at least 18 years. This predates Ganondorf's appearance in Smash, and thus gives OoT Ganondorf access to a sword before his punching playstyle was brought into Melee. Yes, you read that correctly: Sword Ganondorf PREDATES Falcondorf. Remember that Ocarina of Time was released internationally in November of 1998, whereas Nintendo Space World took place in August, 2000; It hadn't even been 2 full years since his debut and they already gave him a sword.

What Ultimate is doing now is just repurposing an 18 year old idea previously lost to time. This sword has a legacy with this character, and I'm glad they're using it.

Last edited:

BronzeGreekGod

Smash Lord
I'm rooting for alternate movesets. I duno how viable that is, but considering how above and beyond this game is going it should be a thing

pholtos

Smash Journeyman
I'm curious what you could do with Ganondorf. Let's see...
Can create phantom versions (OoT, WW)
Can play tennis with link, he brings the tennis balls (All)
Can float (OoT, Possessed Zelda)
Can turn into a monster or pig (All)
Can fight hand to hand (WW)
Can fight with one or two swords (TP, WW)
Can possess (TP)
Can make some sorta light triforce thingy on the ground (Zelda Possessed, TP)

I probably missed some things, the Toon version seemed much more agile than the non-Toon version...
Now I want a toon ganondorf.

Standlord

Smash Cadet
Uh "you will not tolerate"? that's an unfortunate use of words there mate. You are not anybody's boss, let them have the discussion they want to have. If you don't like it you can go elsewhere. I find it funny that you appear in every Ganondorf thread and try to convince everybody that Falcondorf is perfect, when it's clear that many players would like to have a better representation of the character they like and not a clone of a character with no relation. At least let them dream, you already got what you wanted, as in every iteration of the game so far.

Back into topic on Ganondorf's moveset, the thing is, we could have had a version that pleases both the Falcondorf players and the people who want a better representation. It would be some sort of compromise. Just do the following:

- As many have suggested, change the up special for a teleport move. I don't think anyone will miss the old up special, it's the worst part of his kit.
- Warlock Punch changes to Dead Man's Volley. Then, Warlock Punch should have become his new side smash, just to not lose the move, and well, it actually fits better as a side smash than as a special move.
- Down special becomes his Wizard Dropkick from 4's custom moves (the one with the blue thing). When performed in the air, down special becomes the ground slamming punch thing from OoT.
- Give him levitation as many have suggested.

There you have it. That's a compromise that pleases most if not all the people, and on the way you only really lost a worthless up special that nobody should miss, making him also better in the process by giving him a decent recovery.

You could also say that he could use his sword in one or two throws, give him a better running speed like in melee, and make him use similar but decloned moves for his normal attacks, maybe adding thunder effects... but the stuff above alone would suffice and would be optimal if you want to please everybody with minimal risk.

You know, what most of the people love about Ganondorf in smash is his power, his ability to completely destroy an opponent when his hits land. I believe you can even declone all his normals completely and still keep that part of him if you want.

Last edited:

Boartobewild

Smash Apprentice
Phewwww, there's actually so many examples and threads I could point to, that I don't even know where to start, nor want to. Just know this; Ganon not being represented properly and how it should be handeled have been a hot topic of discussion ever since brawl came out. But if you really want any recent examples of such debates just skim through the last 5 pages of the big sticky Thread; "A Great Evil walks the Earth" by NintendoKnight NintendoKnight .

Anyway, I guess it's time for my contribition. I have mulled over some general concepts for additional Character designs/ movesets for Ganon for a long time by now, so might as well share them here.

I have two in mind;

1)Dual sword wielding style (mostly inspired by Ww Ganon, but I would prefer his Hw look)

2)Trident Phantom Style ( we really don't need another heavy weight based Ganon, Phantom Ganon looks way cooler IMHO than "Angry blue Pig" anyway)

So before I present my ideas/concepts, note that I don't, but very well could, think of every single normal attack/base move etc, but I think most people will agree that the most important aspects to a character, are the speed/mobility/weight, general frame data traits, grab game, combo potential, special and recovery options. As such I will mainly focus on these aspects and just incorporate moves that I deem iconic/important enough to be discussed in-depth.

So for W/Hw Ganon
I'd like for his Runspeed to be somewhere around Marth's Speed, give him his Grab range while we're at it (Ganon at least has the Arm length to justify this), add Ike's weight, give him a db full hop hight close to Falco (though based on canon, his should be the highest/furthest, but we don't need to go too far) and the air speed and fall speed of Pit. There's stuff like walking speed and other factors, that did not cross my mind, bc they feel not as important, but if you think this doesn't mash well or makes for an unbalanced character, let me know and feel free to throw your own 2 cents in.

Speaking of Pit, he and Dark pit are the easiest chars to pull moves from, seeing as they are the only chars to feature something close to dual wielding swords, so if I don't mention any moves in particular, just take their respective counterparts as the basis, how they should/could look/function like. So for the sake of simplicity let's just say that most of H/Ww ganon's frame data for un-specified moves here, is going to be like Dark Pit's.

But now on to some actual original moves, first off: Jab; should be a multihit hook combo ending with a Straight as a finisher just like the scene where suckerpunches Ww link, before their fight, making him drop the Master sword and proceeds to take his triforce.
Should function pretty much like Cpt. Falcon's jab and gentleman.

F-tilt; the ***** slap, which he uses on Tetra/Zelda to make her stop pelting him with Light arrows, should have the strength and frame data of Ike's F-tilt, but possibly include the capability of reflecting projectiles just like Ness/Lucas bat f-smash, considering that's the same move/motion he uses to redirect deadman's volley in Oot.

U-tilt; just a simple Uppercut, much like the penultimate one before he punches Ww link down with the Straight, should function like Mario's U-tilt, with same damage, combo potential and all.

D-tilt; If link keeps shielding during the final fight in Ww, Ganon will eventually end one of his combos with a sweeping Kick that acts as a shield breaker, but more realistically just pokes/hooks his legs under his shield so we will treat it as such, a poking footsie tool.

Should have about the same reach as his current D-tilt, but otherwise function like Dk's in terms of speed, shield pressure, damage and also making tripping occur possible.

The last thing I want to go into further detail, are his Specials, as everything else, those being Smashes, Airials, Dash attack, Throws could function or be modified from Dark/Pit IMHO. The range on his Swords should also be similair to theirs. So without further Ado:

Neutral-b; So as I mentioned already, Ww Ganon does boast a Shield breaker, a concept I wanted to incorporate, but in a completely new fashion, as shield breaking in the traditional sense is pretty busted to say the least. So what I thought of instead, would be a move that doesn't break shields/reflectors or what have you, but just bypasses/ignores them like a trancendent/intangible hitbox.

So here's how I want this move to work and what I'm basing it off. Instead of Ww, let's go to Tp Ganon. There he can also use a move that gets around that ,oh so pesky unbreakable, Hylian shield. He rushes towards Link with an Elbow, which staggers/stuns Link and immidiately follows up with a horizontal 360 spin slash, that Link can't dodge or block, if he got hit by said Elbow.

Considering Ganon uses 2 swords though and for the sake of range, the move should just work like Young link's (and all past Link's) 2-part F-smash, with the added bonus of this being a chargable Neutral and thus allowing Ganon to turn around at the last moment. The first hit should be with the pommel ( the ultimate tool for destruction!!!) and be the trancendent/intangible Hitbox that can bypass all matter of shields, and other hitboxes, even invincible ones! So now, you are prob are asking, how would one even beat/contest/deal with such a busted Move?! Simply, by outranging it with a projectile or another longer ranged disjointed hitbox or something to that effect.

Side-b; A disjointed Grab/hit box that does damage and thus causes freeze frames upon contact. Now I know, there hasn't been anything to this effect ever in any smash (to my knowledge at least) due to the Rock, paper, scissor dynamic between shield, grab and Attacks, but hear me out. This move would be taken/inspired by Ww Ganons attack where he jumps towards Toon link and pinches his throat or body, between both of his swords, thus effectively grabbing but also hurting him at the same time.

When landing this command "pincer", Ganon could proceed to pummel his opponent with his knee, just like when innitiating a normal grab, but also allow him to choose which direction to throw or in this case (sparta)kick his opponent off to. Since this would effectively be a second grab-throw, it would allow the opponent to struggle/break free and since a hold with two swords isn't as solid as with two or even one hand, it would also be easier to mash out than with a regular grab. Same verse as the last/first, you would need to outrange this hit box or bybass it if you want to contest it and prevent getting grabbed.

Up-b; This one's more interesting, Ganon boasts quite the athletic feats in his Fight against Link and Zelda in Ww, such as dodging a point blank light arrow from any conceivable angle, so the best way to represent this in my mind, would be to give him some variation of Zss Down-b, but with it's own twist ofc. So in contrast to Zss he doesn't make quite as a spectacular/complex airial maneuveur as Zss does, but a more functionial jump and horizontal spin to whatever direction he needs to land and face.
So this move is basically derived from both Ww and Tp Ganon, where in the case of the later, he executes a multi spin attack upon landing.

So to sum up the differences; he can choose which direction he jumps/flips to at the beginning (so effectively allowing him to b-reverse, which Zss can't do, if I remember correctly) the jump arc being pretty much identical to Zss's, except he's going to jump a bit higher and farther away from the opponent, given that he has a sword and thus more range than Zss and also making punishing him during the jump more difficult. Unlike Zss though he can't attack mid jump, so he will have to land to use his spin attack (which should be similair to Dk's grounded Dk-Spin, with super armor and all). We could allow him to air dodge out during said jump arc though, as it would be pretty stupid, if he was just locked into that spin, and any opponent with a counter could just automaticly punish it. When he does land, he should also be able to choose which direction he spins with his swords with, to allow for more tech chase scenariors.

Down-b; This one is far simpler thankfully, it's just a counter. Now you are prob thinking, why do you have to give Dual wieding Ganon a Counter like every other Sworduser?! Well for one, I don't want to give Ww Ganon just a standart Counter with 1,5 attack multiplier redirect and 2, Ganon unlike most of these other Chars actually uses a legitimate counter in his Ww fight. (Which makes perfect sense given that blocking/parrying an opponent's sword with one, while countering with the other is the main advantage behind dual wielding!!!)

So if you haven't guessed by now, the final fight in Ww is a surprisingly intricate and smartly designed boss fight, with the only problem/caviat being (until Botw that is) that most enemies do way too few damage to be threatening to Link in any Loz game most of the time. When Toon link just simply keeps attacking Ganon without thinking, he will block every single strike pretty skillfully, until he gets bored and just sneaks/interrupts Link's onslaught with a quick but weak counter hit.

I'd like the smash variant to function the same, so a pretty standart counter window, but instead of redirecting and multiplying the damage, I would just give him a fixed damage +knockback/freeze frame value which would make it possible to turn unfavourable situations around, make guranteed follow ups, combo strings more likely. (which is more in line how counters function/work like in a real world setting anyway...)

Dammmmmmmmn, this took way longer to write than I planned to, so instead of half assingly explaining Phantom Trident (Oot) Ganon's attributes and moveset, I'm gonna take my time and cover that another day.
He deserves his own post and attenion anyway, esp considering, there really is no char that has anything close to resembling a spear, so I'll try to make up a whole original moveset for him.

Either way, let me know what you think of this H/Ww Ganon character concept so far, and feel free to leave suggestions (esp stuff like possible damage and knockback values as I couldn't feel bothered, or have much experience in determining how those effect game play) improvements and such down below. ;)

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
Uh "you will not tolerate"? that's an unfortunate use of words there mate. You are not anybody's boss, let them have the discussion they want to have. If you don't like it you can go elsewhere. I find it funny that you appear in every Ganondorf thread and try to convince everybody that Falcondorf is perfect, when it's clear that many players would like to have a better representation of the character they like and not a clone of a character with no relation. At least let them dream, you already got what you wanted, as in every iteration of the game so far.
Look, I was already not a fan of Bowser turning from a menacing, primal monster into a big, dumb wrestler who can somehow run fast. And now that Ganondorf is turning into something only a vocal minority of people wanted, I'm just being pissed off more.

I don't ****ing care that characters are being changed to be more canon. Making radical changes to an established character's image and/or moveset like that IS NOT ETHICAL. The silent majority prefers these characters the way they are, and now that they are making these changes, more people than you think are getting angry.

At least they should give us the opportunity to switch back to old movesets for characters like Link, Pit, Bowser, and yes, Ganondorf.

Standlord

Smash Cadet
Look, I was already not a fan of Bowser turning from a menacing, primal monster into a big, dumb wrestler who can somehow run fast. And now that Ganondorf is turning into something only a vocal minority of people wanted, I'm just being pissed off more.

I don't ****ing care that characters are being changed to be more canon. Making radical changes to an established character's image and/or moveset like that IS NOT ETHICAL. The silent majority prefers these characters the way they are, and now that they are making these changes, more people than you think are getting angry.

At least they should give us the opportunity to switch back to old movesets for characters like Link, Pit, Bowser, and yes, Ganondorf.
"Not ethical"? Are you serious? Making some changes to a character is not bad. Characters evolve with time, and movesets become more refined, and this is a new game after all. But anyways saying that most of the people don't want those Ganondorf changes is crazy honestly, and I think it's just you trying to flip over the argument. I don't think there's such a thing as a "silent majority" or a "vocal minority", specially not when it comes to Ganondorf, a very hot topic amongst moveset topics.

Like, do you have any data? Cause all I see on the forums all over the internet is people asking for changes, and amongst the ones who don't want those changes many of them only want the old playstyle and don't care about the moveset as long as the general playstyle remains the same (you know, the power on his moves, the ability to "disrespectfully" annihilate the opponent and that stuff).

But, have you seen my suggestions? They literally only add to the character. You would be able to play the character just the same way as always. Yet for some reason you are against any form of change so strongly. Why? Is a minor change that would please almost everyone such a big issue for you?

Also, all they did to Ganondorf is change his smash attacks. Now they are probably better, at least they have more range and they are (sort of) his own. What's the big issue there? You have the rest of his kit identical as always. It's not like that change is gonna impact greatly the way you play him.

You know, I've been a Link main for many years, and even though I'm disappointed with many of the stuff in his new moveset (which has changed much more than Ganondorf's) and I liked more his old one, I'm not throwing stuff at a wall because of it (and I'm not planning on using any of the other versions to compensate). I understand that some changes are ok and must happen sometimes and they can be fun, and thus my ideal is for them to happen in the best way possible.

All that being said, I would be ok with Link, Young Link and Ganondorf having their own "echo" with their old movesets and giving Ganondorf and Young Link another one with more options. In fact I suggested something like that in another topic. But we are not in an ideal world, and sometimes the best or even what's possible is not what we want. And with that in mind, I made those suggestions for a Ganondorf change that pleases most of us. If even then you don't like it, then ok, but keep in mind that it's only your opinion, and you cannot impose your view on others. The topic here is "Ganondorf decloning" after all, so lets us discuss the how and not whether or not it should happen, we have already discussed that in many topics at this point.

Last edited:

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
NNID
Nin-Knight
Again with this imaginary vocal minority that you're pretending exists to give yourself some sort of fake vantage point in arguments. You're not "He who speaks for the many." You're more like "He who whimpers for the few."

*Ahem*

Ethical:
1. relating to moral principles or the branch of knowledge dealing with these.

2. morally good or correct.

3. avoiding activities or organizations to do harm to people or the environment.

Please refrain from using words that you do not understand, it makes you look very unknowledgeable and incompetent in regards to debates and discussions. Thank you very much.

Another mention of this nonexistent "silent majority" that you seem to truly believe in. And trust me, there are less people getting angry about this than you think are getting angry. Heck, I went to GameFAQS and found this poll about people being bothered by OoT Ganondorf using a sword. With 275 votes, more than the poll on the "A Great Evil Walks the Earth" thread, a whopping 254 said they were not bothered by it. Only 21 were bothered. 21 only makes up for 7% of the total number of votes. That's even less than the poll results here with a smaller number.

Please, give me evidence of this "majority" you seem to speak for. I'm interested in where you get your "data" from.

I get why you'd ask for something like this. However, it's an unrealistic want. And considering how custom moves failed on the Wii U and 3DS version, I highly doubt they'd ever go out of their way to make several different movesets for veteran characters.

Last edited:

Boartobewild

Smash Apprentice
Again with this imaginary vocal minority that you're pretending exists to give yourself some sort of fake vantage point in arguments. You're not "He who speaks for the many." You're more like "He who whimpers for the few."

*Ahem*

Ethical:
1. relating to moral principles or the branch of knowledge dealing with these.

2. morally good or correct.

3. avoiding activities or organizations to do harm to people or the environment.

Please refrain from using words that you do not understand, it makes you look very unknowledgeable and incompetent in regards to debates and discussions. Thank you very much.

Another mention of this nonexistent "silent majority" that you seem to truly believe in. And trust me, there are less people getting angry about this than you think are getting angry. Heck, I went to GameFAQS and found this poll about people being bothered by OoT Ganondorf using a sword. With 275 votes, more than the poll on the "A Great Evil Walks the Earth" thread, a whopping 254 said they were not bothered by it. Only 21 were bothered. 21 only makes up for 7% of the total number of votes. That's even less than the poll results here with a smaller number.

Please, give me evidence of this "majority" you seem to speak for. I'm interested in where you get your "data" from.

I get why you'd ask for something like this. However, it's an unrealistic want. And considering how custom moves failed on the Wii U and 3DS version, I highly doubt they'd ever go out of their way to make several different movesets for veteran characters.
While I mostly agree with your stance and as usual can really admire your dedication/attenion to detail, as well as your impressive/creative way of illustrating your points, there's 2 things I have to question in your post here in particular.

1) Please for the love of God, let's not start/get into a heated discussion of what is moral and ethical, that's like asking for a Barrel of Fuel to spill over, so don't be the one to throw a burning match on top of it. ( there's a good reason why most Youtube-channels and similair outlets, tend to avoid/stay away from political and religious debates like the plague)

Also we are talking about Quillion Quillion here. Have we learned nothing from trying to converse/reason with that guy for the past months now? At this point, I'm convinced, that he has to be a troll, who loves all the negative attention he's getting, bc no sane/normal person would subject himself to these utterly predictable situations/arguments otherwise.

2) What's actually your stance on alternate character portrayals/versions? Are you opposed toward them or are you just too pessimistic to believe that Sakurai would ever take the time to seriously mull over a character, and design him again from the ground up? Or have I just gotten the wrong Impression and you would like/hope to believe that Sakurai might consider listening to these suggestion eventually, if a overwhelming majority shows/speaks out about it?

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
NNID
Nin-Knight
While I mostly agree with your stance and as usual can really admire your dedication/attenion to detail, as well as your impressive/creative way of illustrating your points, there's 2 things I have to question in your post here in particular.

1) Please for the love of God, let's not start/get into a heated discussion of what is moral and ethical, that's like asking for a Barrel of Fuel to spill over, so don't be the one to throw a burning match on top of it. ( there's a good reason why most Youtube-channels and similair outlets, tend to avoid/stay away from political and religious debates like the plague)
I'm not the first person to mention anything about his ethical comment. I hope you're not singling me out for such a thing when the post before mine called it out. I find that a tad unfair. And this isn't even the first time Quillion brought up the ethical argument either. We debated past that point then, too.

Also we are talking about Quillion Quillion here. Have we learned nothing from trying to converse/reason with that guy for the past months now? At this point, I'm convinced, that he has to be a troll, who loves all the negative attention he's getting, bc no sane/normal person would subject himself to these utterly predictable situations/arguments otherwise.
Troll or not, there are people who agree with him. He just happens to be the most vocal—and most obstinate—voice for his crowd. I've actually debated this subject with people other than him. I actually enjoy talking with people who don't argue for the continued use of Falcondorf for the sake of going against the canon, but for the sheer joy of playing as that incredibly fun version of the character. It tends to be a pleasant treat from time to time, and they're usually respectful about it.

2) What's actually your stance on alternate character portrayals/versions? Are you opposed toward them or are you just too pessimistic to believe that Sakurai would ever take the time to seriously mull over a character, and design him again from the ground up? Or have I just gotten the wrong Impression and you would like/hope to believe that Sakurai might consider listening to these suggestion eventually, if a overwhelming majority shows/speaks out about it?
Before Sm4sh was released—before I was even a Smashboards member—I once suggested an idea to the Nintendo NSider2 Forums that the next Smash should have an "Edition Select" system for each character, inspired by same idea implemented by Ultra Street Fighter IV. (This idea is not new by any stretch of the imagination). My idea was when you selected a character you could choose what version of character you play as: N64, Melee, Brawl, or Smash 4.

I thought it'd be a fantastic idea, but many other members called it out as a generally bad idea, stating it to be so only because the work the devs would have to put into such a thing would hamper the rest of the game, delay its release for another year at minimum, or be impossible to balance properly. Though I was upset about such a negative response, it didn't make what they said untrue. I was naive to the consequences such an idea would bring. An Edition Select would be a balancing nightmare for the devs, and make the game take that much longer to complete. And even then, it only applied to characters that have been in prior games. Newcomers would be excluded from such a thing, granting veteran characters an unfair advantage over newer characters.

Honestly, most characters don't even have enough differences between versions to justify having an entirely separate moveset dedicated to the version it came from. For example: outside of balance and attribute changes, what was different between Melee Link and Brawl Link? One thing: his boomerang. Are we going to overhaul an entire moveset because one special move had a different property to it? Not really. Can the devs instead alter just that one move instead of the entire set? Yes. In fact, they already tried that:

Altering individual Specials for each character is what Sm4sh tried to do with Custom Moves. However, the idea here is that we're not using Custom Moves, but older moves that are no longer used by said characters. Does it go beyond specials? Are we talking the normals too? That's where the topic of Ganondorf's new smashes come in and bring about this discussion.

I'm not arguing against the idea because I'm pessimistic. I'm arguing against it because it isn't practical. If we could manually adjust each character's individual moves to our liking, there'd be zero complaints towards any change made towards a character's moveset. Everyone (myself included) would be quite happy because we weren't limited by what the developers initially gave us. But is it feasible? You're better off having a custom character that is fully customizable down to the normals; the Mii Fighters didn't even have that level of customization. Honestly, that sort of depth is best left to Wrestling games from the early 2000's, where every individual move had dozens to hundreds of alternative options to choose from. Even then, certain moves were either far better than others or only visually different with the same level of potency. Imbalance is unavoidable if everything is different.

Go and look at the move lists for WWF Wrestlemania 2000 and WWF No Mercy, or at least watch some videos of people creating wrestlers. There's over 200 options for just taunts alone. Something like that just isn't feasibly done nowadays, especially not in Smash. The reason that type of thing worked is because every character in the game, not just the custom ones, were restricted to a very strict system. Every character was essentially the same framework but were differentiated by the moves they were given. Created characters were easily better than the base characters because all you had to do was put the best moves of each type on the character. As wrestling games have progressed over the years, the depth of options and customizations both progressed and regressed. More cosmetic details available for customization, but less moveset individuality for customization.

I decided a while back I prefer seeing a character get new moves with each installment. Each new game should bring something new for each character. Be it little, like a taunt, or large, like entirely new moves. And the player should live with these changes, just as other traditional fighting game players have to do.

I'm sorry, I just went off on a flying tangent. I'm not against having old movesets because I don't want you guys to have fun playing Smash the way you want to play Smash. I'm against it because it just isn't realistically within our reach.

But what do I know? Sakurai is a madman, as we've all seen. Take a look at this image here. You see the option for Custom Balance? It's been speculated that you can adjust rage here, but it's an "Off" or "On" type of option. We don't know what this truly means or entails.

TL;DR, I don't think it's realistic but I could be woefully wrong.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

When you really get down to it, hasn't Ganondorf used a Sword with a touch of Hand-to-Hand combat MORE than he's used magic?

A Link to the Past:

- Okay I know that's Ganon but he and Ganondorf are the same being. One is just another form of the other. Now in both here and Four Swords Adventures he does use a lot of magic. But he throws in just enough use of his trident to where I'd say there at a tie. And he does use a ground pound in Alttp.

Ocarina of Time:

- Okay yes the first phase of the final boss is almost exclusively magic. But event then he does have his ground pound and uses nothing but swords as Ganon in the 2nd phase.

Wind Waker:

- Nothing but Swords.

Twilight Princess:

- The only magic abilities he displayed were getting others to fight for him. Possessing Zelda, calling in the Phantom Riders. Really the portals he summoned as Ganon were the only example of magic he himself used to fight Link. Otherwise it was all swordplay. With the exception of that attack he did in one of the cutscenes which his current Side B replicates perfectly.

Skyward Sword:

- Technically Ganondorf wasn't in this game. But it's practically official that he is the reincarnation of Demise's Hatred that he cursed future Link and Zelda's to forever be plagued by. So I think it's still worth noting that Demise exclusively uses a Sword in his boss battle.

Hyrule Warriors:

- I know this is a non-canon spin-off. But the use of his Great Swords does have something in common with Ganondorf's Smash moveset. And that's that he mixes in strikes of dark energy with his physical attacks. All of which are sword based. His Trident weapon does reference a few of the spells he's used in other games. But it's still mostly weapon strikes and even has an uppercut in it's moveset.

Breath of the Wild:

- This game also plays up the whole "adding dark energy to his attacks" theme with the malice that he and the blights that took over the divine beasts are made of. And while those blights do have some magic attacks, everything else is entirely guardian weaponry.

Not saying Ganondorf is perfect. A Dark Portal Up B might be nice, and I'm still not quite sure how I feel about his Smash attacks sharing animations with those of other characters, but when you think about it his current moveset actually references his abilities across multiple Zelda games more than something like the Ocarina version from Project Ganondorf. Which is almost exclusively Ocarina of Time.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
When you really get down to it, hasn't Ganondorf used a Sword with a touch of Hand-to-Hand combat MORE than he's used magic?

A Link to the Past:

- Okay I know that's Ganon but he and Ganondorf are the same being. One is just another form of the other. Now in both here and Four Swords Adventures he does use a lot of magic. But he throws in just enough use of his trident to where I'd say there at a tie. And he does use a ground pound in Alttp.

Ocarina of Time:

- Okay yes the first phase of the final boss is almost exclusively magic. But event then he does have his ground pound and uses nothing but swords as Ganon in the 2nd phase.

Wind Waker:

- Nothing but Swords.

Twilight Princess:

- The only magic abilities he displayed were getting others to fight for him. Possessing Zelda, calling in the Phantom Riders. Really the portals he summoned as Ganon were the only example of magic he himself used to fight Link. Otherwise it was all swordplay. With the exception of that attack he did in one of the cutscenes which his current Side B replicates perfectly.

Skyward Sword:

- Technically Ganondorf wasn't in this game. But it's practically official that he is the reincarnation of Demise's Hatred that he cursed future Link and Zelda's to forever be plagued by. So I think it's still worth noting that Demise exclusively uses a Sword in his boss battle.

Hyrule Warriors:

- I know this is a non-canon spin-off. But the use of his Great Swords does have something in common with Ganondorf's Smash moveset. And that's that he mixes in strikes of dark energy with his physical attacks. All of which are sword based. His Trident weapon does reference a few of the spells he's used in other games. But it's still mostly weapon strikes and even has an uppercut in it's moveset.

Breath of the Wild:

- This game also plays up the whole "adding dark energy to his attacks" theme with the malice that he and the blights that took over the divine beasts are made of. And while those blights do have some magic attacks, everything else is entirely guardian weaponry.

Not saying Ganondorf is perfect. A Dark Portal Up B might be nice, and I'm still not quite sure how I feel about his Smash attacks sharing animations with those of other characters, but when you think about it his current moveset actually references his abilities across multiple Zelda games more than something like the Ocarina version from Project Ganondorf. Which is almost exclusively Ocarina of Time.
What? Deadman's Volley has been in at least 4 different games, possibly more.

If Ganondorf is getting a rework, I hope they donate his old moveset to a new character (possibly an F-Zero rep).
It would definitely make full circle: from Cpt. Falcon to Falcondorf, Falcondorf to TP Falcondorf, TP Falcondorf to OoT Ganondorf (pipe dream probably) and to...

Black Shadow! :p

FirestormNeos

Smash Lord
NNID
FirestormNeos
It would definitely make full circle: from Cpt. Falcon to Falcondorf, Falcondorf to TP Falcondorf, TP Falcondorf to OoT Ganondorf (pipe dream probably) and to...

Black Shadow! :p

I have no interest in the F-Zero franchise, and Black Shadow's design looks awfully dull compared to other Nintendo villains...

But I would absolutely support him as a :ultfalcon: echo in Smash if it means we get to keep :4ganondorf:'s moveset and still make Zelda fans happy.

D

Deleted member

What? Deadman's Volley has been in at least 4 different games, possibly more.
Yes. But all in all Ganondorf fights with more physical attacks then he does magic. As I gave many examples of.

Boartobewild

Smash Apprentice
I'm not the first person to mention anything about his ethical comment. I hope you're not singling me out for such a thing when the post before mine called it out. I find that a tad unfair. And this isn't even the first time Quillion brought up the ethical argument either. We debated past that point then, too.

Troll or not, there are people who agree with him. He just happens to be the most vocal—and most obstinate—voice for his crowd. I've actually debated this subject with people other than him. I actually enjoy talking with people who don't argue for the continued use of Falcondorf for the sake of going against the canon, but for the sheer joy of playing as that incredibly fun version of the character. It tends to be a pleasant treat from time to time, and they're usually respectful about it.

Before Sm4sh was released—before I was even a Smashboards member—I once suggested an idea to the Nintendo NSider2 Forums that the next Smash should have an "Edition Select" system for each character, inspired by same idea implemented by Ultra Street Fighter IV. (This idea is not new by any stretch of the imagination). My idea was when you selected a character you could choose what version of character you play as: N64, Melee, Brawl, or Smash 4.

I thought it'd be a fantastic idea, but many other members called it out as a generally bad idea, stating it to be so only because the work the devs would have to put into such a thing would hamper the rest of the game, delay its release for another year at minimum, or be impossible to balance properly. Though I was upset about such a negative response, it didn't make what they said untrue. I was naive to the consequences such an idea would bring. An Edition Select would be a balancing nightmare for the devs, and make the game take that much longer to complete. And even then, it only applied to characters that have been in prior games. Newcomers would be excluded from such a thing, granting veteran characters an unfair advantage over newer characters.

Honestly, most characters don't even have enough differences between versions to justify having an entirely separate moveset dedicated to the version it came from. For example: outside of balance and attribute changes, what was different between Melee Link and Brawl Link? One thing: his boomerang. Are we going to overhaul an entire moveset because one special move had a different property to it? Not really. Can the devs instead alter just that one move instead of the entire set? Yes. In fact, they already tried that:

Altering individual Specials for each character is what Sm4sh tried to do with Custom Moves. However, the idea here is that we're not using Custom Moves, but older moves that are no longer used by said characters. Does it go beyond specials? Are we talking the normals too? That's where the topic of Ganondorf's new smashes come in and bring about this discussion.

I'm not arguing against the idea because I'm pessimistic. I'm arguing against it because it isn't practical. If we could manually adjust each character's individual moves to our liking, there'd be zero complaints towards any change made towards a character's moveset. Everyone (myself included) would be quite happy because we weren't limited by what the developers initially gave us. But is it feasible? You're better off having a custom character that is fully customizable down to the normals; the Mii Fighters didn't even have that level of customization. Honestly, that sort of depth is best left to Wrestling games from the early 2000's, where every individual move had dozens to hundreds of alternative options to choose from. Even then, certain moves were either far better than others or only visually different with the same level of potency. Imbalance is unavoidable if everything is different.

Go and look at the move lists for WWF Wrestlemania 2000 and WWF No Mercy, or at least watch some videos of people creating wrestlers. There's over 200 options for just taunts alone. Something like that just isn't feasibly done nowadays, especially not in Smash. The reason that type of thing worked is because every character in the game, not just the custom ones, were restricted to a very strict system. Every character was essentially the same framework but were differentiated by the moves they were given. Created characters were easily better than the base characters because all you had to do was put the best moves of each type on the character. As wrestling games have progressed over the years, the depth of options and customizations both progressed and regressed. More cosmetic details available for customization, but less moveset individuality for customization.

I decided a while back I prefer seeing a character get new moves with each installment. Each new game should bring something new for each character. Be it little, like a taunt, or large, like entirely new moves. And the player should live with these changes, just as other traditional fighting game players have to do.

I'm sorry, I just went off on a flying tangent. I'm not against having old movesets because I don't want you guys to have fun playing Smash the way you want to play Smash. I'm against it because it just isn't realistically within our reach.

But what do I know? Sakurai is a madman, as we've all seen. Take a look at this image here. You see the option for Custom Balance? It's been speculated that you can adjust rage here, but it's an "Off" or "On" type of option. We don't know what this truly means or entails.

TL;DR, I don't think it's realistic but I could be woefully wrong.
You don't need to feel sorry for going on a tangent or anything, I'm after all prob the next in line for writing/posting giant walls of text etc and thus have no right to complain about it to anyone else.

What I can and should however do, is point out or clarify, what you overlooked or when you missed something within my message/post, that being the important details and actual intend behind it.

So first off; are you actually going the "He started it first" route/approach of things?!
What are you, 8? But yeah, technically he started the argument by mentionning his "It's unethical" spiel AGAIN, so he's the one in my analogy who spilled the fuel barrel. However if you were the one to have this convo with him before (to no avail, as I'm sure) why did you feel the need to start/react to it AGAIN?! That's exactly WHY I asked YOU not to be the one to add fuel to the fire, or to be more precise, FEED THIS TROLL! ( But if you absolutely have to deal with him in some shape or form directly yourself, just Pm him about it, like you did with me!!!)

Troll or no, the fact is you're giving him undeserved attention, instead of just ignoring him, which just leads to unnecassary, tedious discussions, that most people, I would assume, want to have no part in or of.

I'm not sure if you noticed or read through the rest of this thread, but the thread-owner himself WaLuP WaLuP respectfully asked Quillion Quillion to leave this thread, which is in
my mind the right thing to do, bc if you know that you don't agree or care for the general opinion of most users within a thread, you have no business being or throwing your hat into said ring there!

But if that doesn't work and he doesn't adjust his behaviour/improves his mannerisms, I propose that we all just vote to ban him (ironically enough given he had the gall to suggest the very same, with the difference being, that he just didn't want to "TOLERATE" people that he disagrees with, which funnily enough, happens to be the majority) from whatever thread he keeps pestering. I am very aware that this is a fairly drastic measure/proposal, so at the very least he deserves a couple more chances to redeem himself and a fair warning, before we resort to outright banning him, but if he keeps up his ,by now pretty old, antics/tricks, we should keep this option in mind, just in case.

I'm sorry to everyone btw for dragging this charade out even longer. If you think I jumped the gun too early, made a montain out of a molehill so to speak, simply went too far or you actually happen to agree with my whole, or just part of my opinion, please let me know!

As far as you enjoying talking to people, who just like playing Falcondorf for better and more logical/honest reasons than Quillion, well good for you, I don't mind that in the slightest. Heck, part of myself still belongs to that camp, which is why I especially am torn on how most people are on completely opposite sides of the fence/bush/river instead of trying to compromise and meet in the middle.

But just so nobody has any exuse to interpret my postion/stance differently than what it actually is, let me clarify it, once more.
I'm currently mostly satisfied and hyped for Ganon's ultimate incarnation, as I am mostly on board or more accurately feel that all those changes/improvements were long overdue anyway. Those being a buffed grab game, more appropiate speed, jump hight, as well as overall better frame data and not to forget finally incorporating his sword, which was teased so bad, as the warlock blade custom, into his actual smash attacks! Here we also unfortunatedly have the first major example of the dark side of said coin, when it comes to Sakurai changing/updating a character, that being replacing/abolishing his phenomenal lagless U-smash, instead of his actual worst and frankly biggest thorn/weak link in his moveset, his frigging U-tilt VOLCANO KICK! (If you feel like argueing/discussing this point/matter in particular, please do so in the thread/poll I created for said express purpose, thanks in advance ;) )

This fact, along with a lot of discontent when it comes to balancing a lot of other low tier chars, esp the other heavies in question, just proves that Sakurai has not the slightest idea what the fans/mains of these characters want or need. (Trust me I'll go into more detail later.) In ganon's case, some more disjoint invincibility, which he had on some moves but got taken away bc reasons...., or even superarmor on a character, which deserves it the most and not to mention, Sigh......his RECOVERY, which they could so easily improve by just letting him not become helpless/be able to act ( allow him to db jump and use darkdive) after using flame choke in the air!!! No, I am not letting this go, esp when a little **** like lil'mac and pretty much the rest of the cast can do so by now!!!

Speaking of customs, you mentionned that you proposed giving characters in other games besides Smash, the option to pick different older past versions, movesets and such and got heavily rejected, bc they argued that it was way too much effort and wasted time that could be better spent on balancing and such, while I pretty much agree 100% with that stance and opinion (though for different reasons), there's a multitude of points, why this sort of logic no longer objectively holds up.

1) We're talking about Smash first of all, a party/fighting game whose conventions and practises can hardly be compared with most standart fighters, esp given how the roster is actually determined, as well as how game play changes/balance was handeled so far.

2) If I understand this correctly, this was many years ago, so even if the same rules and logic was applicable to Smash, you still overlooked one major factor. Change and development within Human society and industries is NOT OF A LINEAR NATURE! It occurs exponentially. You just need to take a look at the list of changes from one Smash game to the next to confirm this fact. Did we ever expect characters like Snake and Sonic to join the Roster, while waiting for Brawl? Did we ever see or think that Cloud and Ryu would be realistic canidates for the Smash universe?Did most of us not write Ridley and K.K Rool off as pipe dream at some point?! Really after all the wonderful bountiful content, options Ultimate seems to offer, I don't put any possibility/concept past Sakurai, he pretty much redeemed himself from all the horrible jank patches/updates and unbalanced Dlc characters he put us through in the last cycle/days of Sm4sh, where I and prob a lot of other people had given up on Smash at that point.

3) Smash Ultimate bringing back every single character, be those slightly different or Semi-clones etc and also introducing additional Echo fighters (with the potential of future differences, more unique touchups and such added later) stands in direct/opposing contrast to this notion! If Sakurai has also proven one thing with Ultimate, it's that he won't let himself be stopped from achieving/attempting to bring any demand/idea/concept to fruition/make it reality, if he thinks it's a worthwhile endeavour.

So as you can see, I don't think this subjective notion/reasoning of creating alternative movesets/characters being way too much hassle and more trouble than it's worth, holds quite as much water as it used to before. However I will still agree with you, just based on 2 simple reasons, which you pointed out already, those being that customs as a concept failed horribly in Sm4sh due to horrible execution and balance and 2, there are way too few moves and Og material to draw entire solid, believable, functionable moves from, for the majority of characters.

I completely 100% agree with you on that front. So what exactly is my Problem then?
Simple. You utterly missed my actual point in my question. You completely misunderstood what I was talking about. You mistook Quillion's opinion and stance for mine.

I never, ever asked for every Character to get Custom-specials/ movesets or alternate designs/playstyles to be incorporated. Bc yeah as you rightly said, hardly any character have many if any feasible canon examples to go off, but what about GANON AND LINK THOUGH?!?! Have we not proven and established beyond a doubt now, that those two have way more potential and multiple excellent sources to draw from, to create multiple different character concepts/movesets/attributes/gameplay styles compared with any other member of the Smash cast? HELL DO WE NEED TO BRING UP PROJECT GANONDORF AGAIN!?!?
I mean Link even has currently 3 available alternate versions with different attributes, (slightly) different specials, frame data etc.

So do you (and everybody else for that matter) really think it's too much to ask/ expect at this point for Ganon to get at least another seperate characterslot/represantation for another Loz title? (like my H/Ww Ganon idea in this thread right here, your (Pig) Ganon trident wizard concept on the first page of your very own thread, or even something more simple, less ambitious than these examples).

Really the only good explaination/justification for the currebt state, I've seen so far, was @Mewtwo 's were he explained that Ganon just happens to be one of the actual unlucky last minute rushed inclusions(as opposed to Sakurai's impression) and since he was well received, he wrongfully assumed that he needed to keep him that way to please fans like you-know-who, or just really thought it was better/easier keeping him mostly the same.

Until Ultimate that is. It might just have been a small but very symbolic meaningful step for the fans, but was prob a big leap ( of faith) for Sakurai and his developers, as he was certainley proud enough to show Ganon off, even before the Smash mascot and mirror counter part, who even with these seemingly "still-not-halfway-there-faithful-portrayal" changes/updates managed to steal most of the show/attention along with Ridley upon Ultimate's reveal. That just tells/shows me, that unlike prior, Sakurai actually (tried) to listen to largely popular opinions/inputs among fans this time, which is even more evident when looking at the recently appearing long requested newcomers.

Where he took most of this feedback from, I can't tell you for sure, but the Smash ballot certainely played a big part in it, which is why I hope we can find some form of consensus what we should vote, by the next time, we get a ballot, which I'm pretty sure is gonna happen somewhere down the line of Ultimate's lifespan.

Haaaaaaaaaaaah, I'm pooped, prob my longest and one of my most passionate arguments so far. I hope I didn't come across too angry or bitter towards you NintendoKnight NintendoKnight , since that was the furthest thing from my mind. Most of these emotionial responses are pretty much all directed towards the topic/points of discussion at hand, not you. Nevertheless should I happen to offend or rub you the wrong way, I'll apologize.

I took me so much time and seperate restarts, due to the sheer length of this reply, that I prob missed some posts in the meantime, which hopefully don't clash with this one as a result.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

From a lore perspective, it actually makes sense to have multiple Links but only one Ganondorf (and I don't care if anyone brings up FSA, to ME there's only one Ganondorf because I don't think that game should be canon). It would be nice if we had a TP alt or whatnot. though.

D

Deleted member

From a lore perspective, it actually makes sense to have multiple Links but only one Ganondorf (and I don't care if anyone brings up FSA, to ME there's only one Ganondorf because I don't think that game should be canon). It would be nice if we had a TP alt or whatnot. though.
He does have a color scheme that's classified as being based on his Twilight Princess Design (the furthest on the right).

Personally though, I don't see it. Maybe I'll get it once the game is in my hands and I can have a better look. But for right now I don't see the resemblance.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
NNID
Nin-Knight
You don't need to feel sorry for going on a tangent or anything, I'm after all prob the next in line for writing/posting giant walls of text etc and thus have no right to complain about it to anyone else.
I hope you don't mind, but I will reply to this post as well. (I also have this habit of having to get the last word in, but I doubt I'll be the last to say anything on this topic.) But this particular conversation does end after this, unless you have follow-up comments to make.

What I can and should however do, is point out or clarify, what you overlooked or when you missed something within my message/post, that being the important details and actual intend behind it.
Okay, fair enough.

So first off; are you actually going the "He started it first" route/approach of things?!
What are you, 8? But yeah, technically he started the argument by mentionning his "It's unethical" spiel AGAIN, so he's the one in my analogy who spilled the fuel barrel. However if you were the one to have this convo with him before (to no avail, as I'm sure) why did you feel the need to start/react to it AGAIN?! That's exactly WHY I asked YOU not to be the one to add fuel to the fire, or to be more precise, FEED THIS TROLL! ( But if you absolutely have to deal with him in some shape or form directly yourself, just Pm him about it, like you did with me!!!)
My reply was not focused on the "he started it first," it was the "why are you focusing on me despite me not being the first to start it?"

However, your explanation for why I was your focus makes sense. I have dealt with it before so it's fairly reasonable that you'd comment on why I responded to it specifically.

Troll or no, the fact is you're giving him undeserved attention, instead of just ignoring him, which just leads to unnecassary, tedious discussions, that most people, I would assume, want to have no part in or of.
I see it as debating all potential arguments that support his point of view. If I've argued everything he brings up, I can easily debate with someone else who might use similar points of reference in the future. Because someone inevitably will, sooner or later. Hilariously, arguing about it now doesn't even affect Ultimate in anyway. We already have Semi-sword Falcondorf in Ultimate and that isn't changing in the next 3 months no matter what we say or argue about here.

I'm not sure if you noticed or read through the rest of this thread, but the thread-owner himself WaLuP WaLuP respectfully asked Quillion Quillion to leave this thread, which is in
my mind the right thing to do, bc if you know that you don't agree or care for the general opinion of most users within a thread, you have no business being or throwing your hat into said ring there!

But if that doesn't work and he doesn't adjust his behaviour/improves his mannerisms, I propose that we all just vote to ban him (ironically enough given he had the gall to suggest the very same, with the difference being, that he just didn't want to "TOLERATE" people that he disagrees with, which funnily enough, happens to be the majority) from whatever thread he keeps pestering. I am very aware that this is a fairly drastic measure/proposal, so at the very least he deserves a couple more chances to redeem himself and a fair warning, before we resort to outright banning him, but if he keeps up his ,by now pretty old, antics/tricks, we should keep this option in mind, just in case.

I'm sorry to everyone btw for dragging this charade out even longer. If you think I jumped the gun too early, made a montain out of a molehill so to speak, simply went too far or you actually happen to agree with my whole, or just part of my opinion, please let me know!
No, no you're fine. What you suggested is fair and reasonable.

As far as you enjoying talking to people, who just like playing Falcondorf for better and more logical/honest reasons than Quillion, well good for you, I don't mind that in the slightest. Heck, part of myself still belongs to that camp, which is why I especially am torn on how most people are on completely opposite sides of the fence/bush/river instead of trying to compromise and meet in the middle.

But just so nobody has any exuse to interpret my postion/stance differently than what it actually is, let me clarify it, once more.
I'm currently mostly satisfied and hyped for Ganon's ultimate incarnation, as I am mostly on board or more accurately feel that all those changes/improvements were long overdue anyway. Those being a buffed grab game, more appropiate speed, jump hight, as well as overall better frame data and not to forget finally incorporating his sword, which was teased so bad, as the warlock blade custom, into his actual smash attacks! Here we also unfortunatedly have the first major example of the dark side of said coin, when it comes to Sakurai changing/updating a character, that being replacing/abolishing his phenomenal lagless U-smash, instead of his actual worst and frankly biggest thorn/weak link in his moveset, his frigging U-tilt VOLCANO KICK! (If you feel like argueing/discussing this point/matter in particular, please do so in the thread/poll I created for said express purpose, thanks in advance ;) )
All they have to do is replace his Up-tilt with his old Up-smash and then most everyone would be happy! (Most people who are upset with the sword are merely upset with the frame data being less favorable to Ganondorf, which is a legitimate complaint). The fact that his utilt utterly sucks as an upward attack is quite sad.

This fact, along with a lot of discontent when it comes to balancing a lot of other low tier chars, esp the other heavies in question, just proves that Sakurai has not the slightest idea what the fans/mains of these characters want or need. (Trust me I'll go into more detail later.) In ganon's case, some more disjoint invincibility, which he had on some moves but got taken away bc reasons...., or even superarmor on a character, which deserves it the most and not to mention, Sigh......his RECOVERY, which they could so easily improve by just letting him not become helpless/be able to act ( allow him to db jump and use darkdive) after using flame choke in the air!!! No, I am not letting this go, esp when a little **** like lil'mac and pretty much the rest of the cast can do so by now!!!
Has anyone seen if Ridely can recover after using his side b in the air and whiffing? Does he still get a recovery after that? If he does and Ganondorf doesn't, that's unfair. But who knows, the game isn't complete yet. We have no idea what they're changing about the characters. About midway through production of Sm4sh they made Link's dair meteor on the initial hit and made it so his bombs don't hurt him when they hit an enemy.

And best of all, post release balance patches are in fact a thing. Either way, there's still hope for something to improve.

Speaking of customs, you mentionned that you proposed giving characters in other games besides Smash, the option to pick different older past versions, movesets and such and got heavily rejected, bc they argued that it was way too much effort and wasted time that could be better spent on balancing and such, while I pretty much agree 100% with that stance and opinion (though for different reasons), there's a multitude of points, why this sort of logic no longer objectively holds up.

1) We're talking about Smash first of all, a party/fighting game whose conventions and practises can hardly be compared with most standart fighters, esp given how the roster is actually determined, as well as how game play changes/balance was handeled so far.
Question, do you know how traditional fighting games are developed or choose their rosters? I don't. The only game devs who I've seen talk about how any character got in were Sakurai and the guys who made Killer Instinct. To be fair, I'm not as big a fan of traditional fighters as I am of Smash; so perhaps I just haven't done the digging required?

2) If I understand this correctly, this was many years ago, so even if the same rules and logic was applicable to Smash, you still overlooked one major factor. Change and development within Human society and industries is NOT OF A LINEAR NATURE! It occurs exponentially. You just need to take a look at the list of changes from one Smash game to the next to confirm this fact. Did we ever expect characters like Snake and Sonic to join the Roster, while waiting for Brawl? Did we ever see or think that Cloud and Ryu would be realistic canidates for the Smash universe?Did most of us not write Ridley and K.K Rool off as pipe dream at some point?! Really after all the wonderful bountiful content, options Ultimate seems to offer, I don't put any possibility/concept past Sakurai, he pretty much redeemed himself from all the horrible jank patches/updates and unbalanced Dlc characters he put us through in the last cycle/days of Sm4sh, where I and prob a lot of other people had given up on Smash at that point.
Actually, the Edition Select for Ultra Street Fighter IV was announced on March 2nd, 2014. I was mistaken in my time frame of when that happened, but it was within the first few months of 2014. So it actually hasn't been that long.

Now that I think about it... I'm a little confused about the timeline of events since I made the post when it was announced on the NSider2 Forums, but after that I left those forums and joined Smashboards... but the date my profile says I joined Smashboards says it was 2013, during the speculation period of Smash 4... I don't understand, I might be remembering something wrong...

3) Smash Ultimate bringing back every single character, be those slightly different or Semi-clones etc and also introducing additional Echo fighters (with the potential of future differences, more unique touchups and such added later) stands in direct/opposing contrast to this notion! If Sakurai has also proven one thing with Ultimate, it's that he won't let himself be stopped from achieving/attempting to bring any demand/idea/concept to fruition/make it reality, if he thinks it's a worthwhile endeavour.

So as you can see, I don't think this subjective notion/reasoning of creating alternative movesets/characters being way too much hassle and more trouble than it's worth, holds quite as much water as it used to before. However I will still agree with you, just based on 2 simple reasons, which you pointed out already, those being that customs as a concept failed horribly in Sm4sh due to horrible execution and balance and 2, there are way too few moves and Og material to draw entire solid, believable, functionable moves from, for the majority of characters.
That's fair.

I completely 100% agree with you on that front. So what exactly is my Problem then?
Simple. You utterly missed my actual point in my question. You completely misunderstood what I was talking about. You mistook Quillion's opinion and stance for mine.
Woah, woah, woah! When did I indicate that your opinion was the same as Quillion's? I was merely addressing your statement, but I never intended to imply or suggest that you and Quillion share the same stance. I'm sorry if that's how it sounded.

I never, ever asked for every Character to get Custom-specials/ movesets or alternate designs/playstyles to be incorporated. Bc yeah as you rightly said, hardly any character have many if any feasible canon examples to go off, but what about GANON AND LINK THOUGH?!?! Have we not proven and established beyond a doubt now, that those two have way more potential and multiple excellent sources to draw from, to create multiple different character concepts/movesets/attributes/gameplay styles compared with any other member of the Smash cast? HELL DO WE NEED TO BRING UP PROJECT GANONDORF AGAIN!?!?
I mean Link even has currently 3 available alternate versions with different attributes, (slightly) different specials, frame data etc.
Plenty of characters have multiple sources of things to pull from, so I get that. But the point of mentioning the 3 Links (whom mostly share the same moves anyway) sounds like you're asking for another Ganon character instead of different moves for our current one—which is an entirely different conversation, separate from what I thought we were talking about here.

So do you (and everybody else for that matter) really think it's too much to ask/ expect at this point for Ganon to get at least another seperate characterslot/represantation for another Loz title? (like my H/Ww Ganon idea in this thread right here, your (Pig) Ganon trident wizard concept on the first page of your very own thread, or even something more simple, less ambitious than these examples).
I don't recall anyone saying anything about the Ganon character getting his additional moves in as a separate playable variation, not from what I read. Was that what your question of "What's actually your stance on alternate character portrayals/versions?" was all about? You meant that in the separate playable character sort of way? That's not how I interpreted that statement at all. I interpreted that as a custom moves sort of focus, not like a Link/Young Link/Toon Link sort of thing.

I'm not at all against an additional Ganon/dorf character in Smash. I'd be plenty happy with Pig Ganon, Toon Ganondorf or Hyrule Warriors Ganondorf being in the game. But I didn't see that as part of the conversation. If that wasn't part of the discussion and I'm still missing your point then what we've got here is failure to communicate. Either way, I'm sorry I misunderstood you and didn't give you a proper answer.

Also, my moveset concept you mentioned was for Human Ganondorf, not Pig Ganon. I apologize if I didn't make that clear at all. It was supposed to be a Ganondorf that borrows a lot from Pig Ganon. All things considered, if Pig Ganon gets in with all of the powers and abilities that resemble what he does in the games, I'd probably main him pretty quickly.

Really the only good explaination/justification for the currebt state, I've seen so far, was @Mewtwo 's were he explained that Ganon just happens to be one of the actual unlucky last minute rushed inclusions(as opposed to Sakurai's impression) and since he was well received, he wrongfully assumed that he needed to keep him that way to please fans like you-know-who, or just really thought it was better/easier keeping him mostly the same.

Until Ultimate that is. It might just have been a small but very symbolic meaningful step for the fans, but was prob a big leap ( of faith) for Sakurai and his developers, as he was certainley proud enough to show Ganon off, even before the Smash mascot and mirror counter part, who even with these seemingly "still-not-halfway-there-faithful-portrayal" changes/updates managed to steal most of the show/attention along with Ridley upon Ultimate's reveal. That just tells/shows me, that unlike prior, Sakurai actually (tried) to listen to largely popular opinions/inputs among fans this time, which is even more evident when looking at the recently appearing long requested newcomers.
If these are the baby steps Sakurai is taking towards progressing Smash Ganondorf, then I've already applauded him and will continue to applaud him for the effort he's making towards satisfying people with opinions like mine and yours. His team is nothing short of outstanding.

Where he took most of this feedback from, I can't tell you for sure, but the Smash ballot certainely played a big part in it, which is why I hope we can find some form of consensus what we should vote, by the next time, we get a ballot, which I'm pretty sure is gonna happen somewhere down the line of Ultimate's lifespan.
Honestly, I want Ultimate to last a LOT longer than Sm4sh did. If we get a Ballot, it better be exclusively for DLC characters that we get as time goes on.

Haaaaaaaaaaaah, I'm pooped, prob my longest and one of my most passionate arguments so far. I hope I didn't come across too angry or bitter towards you NintendoKnight NintendoKnight , since that was the furthest thing from my mind. Most of these emotionial responses are pretty much all directed towards the topic/points of discussion at hand, not you. Nevertheless should I happen to offend or rub you the wrong way, I'll apologize.

I took me so much time and seperate restarts, due to the sheer length of this reply, that I prob missed some posts in the meantime, which hopefully don't clash with this one as a result.
Hey man, we're just passionate about the same thing. We just have different ways of expressing it is all.

I will, however, continue sharpening my communication skills. I don't want to leave anyone with uncertain terms; I want to be understood very clearly. But thank you again for the discussion, sir.

Last edited:

Boartobewild

Smash Apprentice
I could almost agree with that notion, except for the fact, that we're talking about Smash here. The very same franchise, where Sheik, a persona/guise whose feats are pretty much nonexistant in her canon and whose abilities/moveset were about as made up as Captain Falcon's (besides her smoke/deku flash bomb up-b) and stand in total stark contrast to Zelda's abilities, the very same character she's supossed to be/was at the same time, but is nevertheless the total opposite in terms of gameplay and tier-placement than her! ( It would make way more sense if we had Impa, her Oot,Ss and Hw version/entry anyway, as a playable character instead!)
Then there's the even more ironic case of Samus, where canon wise, she's much more capable, dangerous and potent with her powersuit, but Smash would make you believe otherwise, as smash-wise her much more vulnerable, less efficient Zero-suit state (just play Metriod Zero-mission) is leagues above her Powersuit variant/playstyle, bc of smash's and most fighting game's preference of speed and mobility and light stature over power, range and big heavy frame....

Soooooooooooo, come again? By your logic, both Sheik and Zss shouldn't be playable unless they were the same char in one, like back in Brawl, so should we allow Ganon to switch between 2 alternate playstyles, via Down-b or even through his Taunts like in Project Ganondorf for example then?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

So when are we organising that pig ganon for dlc got to be k roop tier
Um, your wording confuses me. Are you trying to ask how long it will take for demand for Pig Ganon to be in the game to reach the same level as the demand K. Rool had?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Looking at KKRool makes me realize just how bad Ganon's representation truly is.

Everything about KKR forms an eloquently written love letter to his fans.

Ganondorf is a "Dear John" note written on the back of a used bar napkin by comparison, the author making absolutely no effort to conceal just how little they care.

They should just echo-clone Black Shadow from Falcon to keep the slower, more powerful version of him and turn Ganondorf into an actual evil wizard instead of the evil martial arts expert he is now.

And seeing just how many amazing things Sakurai can do with the far less source material he had with KKR (who hasn't had anywhere near the number of appearances), I'm sure his Ganondorf moveset would be amazing.

Last edited:

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
To be honest, I think Ganondorf could be declonified and made into his evil wizard self while keeping the current Ganondorf almost exactly as he is (moveset wise).

If I were to declone Ganon, I'd do the following (to try and keep him as close to his previous iterations):

While traveling through his Up-B Ganondorf sort of "dissapears" like a teleport but you can still see remnants of his body, Ganondorf's Up-B can also travel in more angle variations but still remains locked to "rising" angles (So instead of it being only 120 to 60 degrees or something like that it would be 150-30 degrees).

Ganondorf's Down-B in the air has a different animation, Ganondorf now falls fist first (but aside from that, it's the same exact move). When Ganondorf touches the ground he creates an outward shockwave projectile that travels about 1/4th of FD outwards in every direction (cannot be reflected).

Ganondorf Neutral-B is now a "hold to charge" move. If tapped Ganondorf releases 1 projectile that slowly homes into the opponent and deals low damage. This projectile can be reflected to home back on Ganondorf by being hit (Speed and Damage depend on what it's reflected by). As Ganondorf charges he spawns more projectiles up to a maximum of 5 that all reach the opponent at the same time. When Ganondorf releases the projectiles, he performs a punch forward (think of how Wolf's blaster also hits the opponent). The more he charges the move, the stronger this punch becomes.

Ganondorf's Neutral-B changes when there is already one of his projectiles in the air. It becomes a Cape Flick which has fast start up, low endlag and reflective properties (making it easy for Ganondorf to play the "tennis" match).

Last edited:

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
I wish they'd just finish decloning him completely, then give his old moveset to Black Shadow.

Quillion

Smash Hero
Why is it that fans support Zelda entirely losing her Light Bow, yet Ganondorf getting sword smashes somehow "isn't good enough"?

Standlord

Smash Cadet
Why is it that fans support Zelda entirely losing her Light Bow, yet Ganondorf getting sword smashes somehow "isn't good enough"?
Because Ganondorf is a clone with crappy recovery and with lots of potential for a unique movesets, while Zelda is a unique character. Having him use a sword for his smash attacks doesn't take away his clone status.

Also, I don't know if Zelda fans "support" her losing her light arrows, sounds like you are making that up again. Last time I checked fans where asking for having Zelda incorporate those light arrows in her moveset. If you ask me, I'd make light arrows her new forward smash, Megaman style. It would be fun.

People are more vocal about Ganondorf simply because what's wrong is an entire moveset (or almost), and not "just" a final smash that anyways, competitive players don't use much. I'm sure there are a lot of people who prefer the light arrows or want them represented somewhere. But you know, you could go and ask in the Zelda boards. Not that it matters, but it's good to know I guess.

And, as I said, Ganondorf is STILL a clone, Zelda is not and has never been. You cannot expect Zelda fans to be as vocal about the light arrows as much as the Ganondorf stuff after 4 smash games.

Last edited:

Quillion

Smash Hero
Because Ganondorf is a clone with crappy recovery and with lots of potential for a unique movesets, while Zelda is a unique character. Having him use a sword for his smash attacks doesn't take away his clone status.
And yet people want him to be an Ike ripoff with even more heavy sword moves. The two of them would just play the damn same.

Also, I don't know if Zelda fans "support" her losing her light arrows, sounds like you are making that up again. Last time I checked fans where asking for having Zelda incorporate those light arrows in her moveset. If you ask me, I'd make light arrows her new forward smash, Megaman style. It would be fun.
Light Arrows would ruin Zelda's moveset if they shoehorned it into her regular or special moves. It would take away from the grace of the character.

People are more vocal about Ganondorf simply because what's wrong is an entire moveset (or almost), and not "just" a final smash that anyways, competitive players don't use much. I'm sure there are a lot of people who prefer the light arrows or want them represented somewhere. But you know, you could go and ask in the Zelda boards. Not that it matters, but it's good to know I guess.

And, as I said, Ganondorf is STILL a clone, Zelda is not and has never been. You cannot expect Zelda fans to be as vocal about the light arrows as much as the Ganondorf stuff after 4 smash games.
But I'm sure even you would admit Ganondorf's moveset is fun to play with, right? It's hype, disrespectful, and just oozes raw power! That should literally be enough for a character in Smash.

Being an absolute 1:1 perfect recreation of a character's canon self would just detract from Smash's engine. Donkey Kong can't use his barrels or coconut gun for example; it would destroy his heavy-yet-deceptively-fast close-range playstyle.

Perhaps giving Ganondorf sword moves was a fair compromise, but I don't want him to be ruined further in my eyes.

Standlord

Smash Cadet
And yet people want him to be an Ike ripoff with even more heavy sword moves. The two of them would just play the damn same.

Light Arrows would ruin Zelda's moveset if they shoehorned it into her regular or special moves. It would take away from the grace of the character.

But I'm sure even you would admit Ganondorf's moveset is fun to play with, right? It's hype, disrespectful, and just oozes raw power! That should literally be enough for a character in Smash.

Being an absolute 1:1 perfect recreation of a character's canon self would just detract from Smash's engine. Donkey Kong can't use his barrels or coconut gun for example; it would destroy his heavy-yet-deceptively-fast close-range playstyle.

Perhaps giving Ganondorf sword moves was a fair compromise, but I don't want him to be ruined further in my eyes.
Ok mate, from this message is clear as water to me that you are a troll. I don't think you can otherwise throw more fallacies purposely into a single message. And on top of that still being so adamant with your point of view and not aknowledging other people opinons. Have you even read my previous post? I've talked about this stuff before.

First, you are ignoring all this thread and saying that everyone wants Ganondorf to have the single sword in all his moves and saying that wouldn't set him appart from Ike. You are making up stuff again to support your point of view. I mean sure, if that's all you do and you take Ike's animations, then maybe they would be too similar. No one asked for that. Even those who want a sworded Ganondorf, most want a dual swords Ganondorf, which is something completely different. And also, you are forgetting that what many people ultimately want is to have a decloned Ganondorf. That could come in many ways: with and without a sword / dual swords, and for many or just some of his moves.

Second, Zelda light arrows as her side smash like I suggested: that's your opinion. Not the unmistakable thruth as you adamantly want us to believe in all your claims. Also, can you elaborate on what consist "the grace of her character"? It's just a vague concept based on your own thoughts. Look, you can not like my idea, and that's fine. I don't mind. But that's all you get. As I said, you can go and ask Zelda users in their boards what they think about this stuff if you want. This is a Ganondorf decloning thread, not a "Zelda light arrows" thread.

Third, is Ganondorf moveset fun to play? Well it depends, do you like not being able to recover? Could it be better? Could he have a different recovery? Could he have more options based on his own games? I'm sure he could. You know what could be fun? I know it sounds crazy, but it would be hella fun if Ganondorf had a new moveset using those tools from his games. And it would not only be fun: it would be right. It would be a good design. A design for the fans of the character, and not for the fans of an old cloned moveset.

Is it fun having a character with all that power, that can be "disrespectfull" and completely destroy opponents in a few hits? I agree, it is good. I've talked about it before. And you know what? You could keep that concept in a new moveset. Amazing right? And there are even more options. As if no one has suggested anything in this thread before right? And you can keep the concept while having the fun of a new moves that represent the character well enough.

Lastly, 1:1? What's 1:1 to you? No one asked for a 1:1 recreation. For example no one asked for Link to have heart containers. No one asked for Pokemon to only attack in turns. No one asked for Fire Emblem characters to move only in set distances of a few meters. What you said about Donkey Kong is something nobody ask for because DK is fine. If he had a clone moveset, I'm sure people would ask for changes, maybe changes like those you exposed. But he doesn't need those. That's what happens when you construct a moveset as it should be from the start -everyone likes it-. Ganondorf doesn't have that privilege.

Again, making some changes doesn't mean you need to change the concept. But even if it was needed, many would argue that it's worth it in Ganondorf's case. That's how far it goes. And there are other options, as we have talked about in this thread and in many more.

Honestly, I don't know if you deserve this long post. You completely ignored everything else I and many said, and you only repeat the same stuff in every thread from time to time. It's getting tiring.

Last edited:
Top Bottom