• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf BREAKS SHIELDS

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
This is awesome, but I don't think people will shield utilt very often...

All of his moves put hella damage on the shield though.

Tsunami157

Smash Journeyman
Shows some promise to be sure ;)

I have to agree with 56k about the overall usefulness of the move. It would be kind of hard to pressure someone into shielding it when a roll/grab/reverse dash would be a better option.

.....but it does have potential against people who like rolling in off the ledge. :optimism

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
From what I've heard up-tilt is MUCH more viable in combat now than it was in Melee. Probably due to a lot of different factors-- your opponent having decreased mobility on the ground, the fact that up-tilt now has some bizarre new suction mechanic that helps put them in position, AND that the move apparently has much more range. I'm pretty sure Shin (or someone else?) was talking about using it and landing it fairly often in another thread.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
>.>

From what I've heard up-tilt is MUCH more viable in combat now than it was in Melee. Probably due to a lot of different factors-- your opponent having decreased mobility on the ground, the fact that up-tilt now has some bizarre new suction mechanic that helps put them in position, AND that the move apparently has much more range. I'm pretty sure Shin (or someone else?) was talking about using it and landing it fairly often in another thread.
Ah this is true! Because a lot of our mobility and movement options have been removed or nerfed, there is a bigger window for people to get his with laggier moves like utilt or Warlock Punch.

WastingPenguins

Smash Ace
>.>

Ah this is true! Because a lot of our mobility and movement options have been removed or nerfed, there is a bigger window for people to get his with laggier moves like utilt or Warlock Punch.
Yeah, pretty much. It's the same reason that downB is now a good ground move-- it's ending lag is about the same but your opponents aren't as mobile as they used to be so they can't punish you as bad as they used to. Plus, with decreased histun and the new super-DI it's generally easier to break free from combos, so even if you get punished it usually won't be all that bad. Note that I've never played the game and everything I'm saying is based on observation.

Desruprot

Smash Lord
I did not see the shield break, at that moment (he was sheilded sucessfully) purhaps at that time he had hit under the sheild, any character can do that...

RAAR

Smash Apprentice
The uptilt also has a small gravitationall pull witch will draw your opponnet in while you do the move. This could possible be exploited in some way in the future.

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
Yeah, pretty much. It's the same reason that downB is now a good ground move-- it's ending lag is about the same but your opponents aren't as mobile as they used to be so they can't punish you as bad as they used to. Plus, with decreased histun and the new super-DI it's generally easier to break free from combos, so even if you get punished it usually won't be all that bad. Note that I've never played the game and everything I'm saying is based on observation.
**** i said that on my thread 2 :bee:

As for uptilt, i think people are getting a little ahead of themselves. although one guy landed an uptilt once it doesnt mean everyone should start doing it often. when you guys get to a higher level of play no-ones gonna wait in their shield for that **** to finish. trust me on this one, although the up tilt looks lovely breaking a shield, it wont happen often, dont use it.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
for a guy who has luck in his name it would seem like you would endorse this option b/c some serious luck and planning will have to go into using it effectively. that being said, i will still use this move more than i did in melee... which was never, btw

Sonic_VS_Mario

Smash Cadet
roy could do that with a full sword charge in melee and if 2 roys do full charge on sheild it breaks sheild and sends them flying

err

Smash Journeyman
ya people seem to think that just because most people suck at brawl NOW, everyone will suck at brawl forever.
Ganon's Utilt is the same move from melee.
Ganon's Utilt was **** useless in melee.
-->Ganon's Utilt is JUST AS useless as it was in melee.

or do you guys think everyone plays like this:
""Duurr he's chargin it! I'm gonna run at him and time a dash attack to-""
*gets hit by ganon Utilt*

.. keep dreamin. maybe this will have edgeguard potential, maybe you can punish people rolling off the ledge, maybe it can kill better than a fully charged U/Fsmash (it wont), hell i bet its still better to punish with a warlock punch.

k4polo

Smash Journeyman
Haven't played the game but maybe if you try the move after you hit them to the ground. It does have a Vaccuum affect and it seems a viable strategy once you knock them to the ground, especially if you do the move directly after you knock them to the ground.

Knock them to ground, you do U-tilt and they get so in and get hit or shield damage. That seems like it would work if timed properly but there may be an effective counter towards it, I don't know.

Maybe Edgeguarding,it may have a use there.
Maybe after forward B grab move in air or standing positions.

Think of some other uses of it. The human mind is just feel with brilliant Ideas.

Then again the move could be useless again but these tactics are worth a shot for trying :)

Josiah

Smash Cadet
I think it'll fool a number of Melee players that haven't been looking into Brawl this much, but only at first. Like, you could do it some distance from the ledge and they'll think it'll only hit right in front of you, so they get up on the ledge and start coming at you thinking they can get a hit in just after the hitbox they suppose, and they get whacked.

Granted, that will probably only work for so long, if at all, but I am curious as to how practical it would be at edgeguarding too.

WarZ

Smash Apprentice
Looks awsome, although i think most people will just roll out of Ganon's uptilt instead of blocking it.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Well the main thing here is that it's not safe to block Ganon's up tilt any more. In Melee, you could do anything you wanted to avoid the move, but in Brawl, it's not a good idea to block it. It's a small buff, but a buff nonetheless. It just means that the opponent can't just shield the move safely on reflex without suffering some kind of punishment.

Bizzarro Flame

Smash Lord
I'm going to have to oppose the idea that it's easy to dodge the u-air. Regularly, people are not used to any kinds of change in sudden motion just like switching from Melee to Brawl. But, the u-tilt not only has a sucking feature in it, it has some kind of weird physics that blows back just a little bit, which confuses the player if he/she should find him/herself in front of Ganondorf's crescendo kick (u-tilt). Believe me, I have scored many hits with the u-tilt in brawl, but only once per 3 months in melee. You just have to make it unpredictable at the right moment.

Top Bottom