• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

ganon on teams

Venom NY

Smash Lord
ive been trying to use my ganon for teams...its goes good/bad. Some of the things i need help with is what to do when my partner grabs the opponent,what should i do at low/high percents?and anything else plz let me know thanks

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
If the percentage is high, just do your volcano kick. But make sure you space well, or face killing your ally. If the other teammate is still alive, and the character grabbed has a medium or high percent, I would try to Usmash him, because the side of the Usmash has great knockback, and you can do it safely without hitting your ally.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Teamate grab = free fair, simple as that. Don't try a volcano kick (up-tilt), not enough time, unless the person is at 200 percent, but even then, a fair will kill them and has less risk. It's going to take time spacing the fair so you don't hit your teamate, but you'll get it down.

Magus420

Smash Master
D-air at low/comboable percents and higher when it can KO, f-air when near the edge or short on time, or jumpcancelled crotch hitting u-smash/up angled f-smash/warlock punch to KO (dash jump into the WP if you're not right near them). If they can wiggle out very quickly you probably won't be able to get the last two unless you're right near your teammate or they are at high enough damage that a stomp or f-air would likely kill them anyway.

Make sure your partner knows to hold L/R while holding/hitting them so you don't have to space a f-air, f-smash, or warlock punch perfectly on them and they'll be able to shield between when it connects with the char being held and breaks the grab,and when the hitbox continues moving after the hitlag on them and connects with your teammate (who will then be blocking by then). As long as you're not so close that the attacks come out directly ontop of them both at the exact same time it should work. I know it does if you break the grab by hitting them since the grabber recovers so quickly in that case, but it won't always work if the person being held breaks out and then you hit them since your teammate lags a lot more.

Frozenserpent

Smash Journeyman
It's not difficult to space a dair or fair so that it only hits the opponent and not your ally. In teams as ganon I pretty much just spam aerials anyways.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
Ganon is sort of a double-edged sword in team. if played correctly, he is an unstoppable force. on the other hand he can be the main reason you have 3 stock and your partner has 1( true story btw) just make sure to play smart is all i can say.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
agreed. When I play Ganon on a team, regardless of who I play with they usually end up dieing once from me. Its just that Ganon plows through everything and kills it. But BTW It's not a bad thing if you do a F-air or D+B and end up killing everyone when the stocks aren't too off.

Jigglypuff is a good team mate if you can work together
Ex. You knock the opponent of the edge Jiggly Finishes
Jiggly combos a player up in Damage Ganon finishes.

chaddd

Smash Lord
I have a new strategy I'm working on. It's easy. All you have to do, before the match, is team with Renth.

Devilution

Smash Journeyman
Very nice strategy chaddd...I mean wtf are they gonna do?

anyways I think you should play teams as singles, just pick one person out and constantly go for them, don't try to do team stuff because if you hit your teammate they're screwed. Also, how does ganon save his teammate?

Magus420

Smash Master
I find that if you stay close to your teammate and play opportunistically rather than offensively playing off the openings your teammate's interactions with the other team creates it works much better than 2 1v1s since it's far easier to get your solid hits in. Just let your teammate lead and be waiting right around them looking for any openings they create (either through their offense or the opponent's on your teammate), and then beast them.

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
I agree with that strategy since I like to do that a lot with Jigglypuff. Definately try and work off each other even if it means be a "kill stealer." When I roommate and I are on teams, we fight people 1v1 but, when he grabs as anyone other than Fox I know to run to him and F-air cause he will just throw them up. It's really a great strategy instead of just holding someone down and trying to nail them.

Top Bottom