• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon is the only smasher where I have to taboo moves...

Lightshade

Smash Ace
No, that means I don't look at my opponent's controller, that's like looking on your opponent's screen in an FPS, there's no fun if you have to cheat, geez. But that still doesn't change my post, it was really directed at you, and I like the fact that you can judge people based on how you look at their controller, you must be real good. Why don't you try asking a professonal about tech chasing, like Ken maybe, see what he says. I bet he does that a lot in tournaments.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Lightshade, you are a huge noob if you think tech chasing is looking at someones controller.

And look. Pros techchase by GUESSING the way their opponent techs. Don't try to throw kens name in there to try and make yourself look good, pros tech chase like everyone else.

First you say "I don't tech chase" then you say "Tech-chasing is looking at their controller" So basicly..you really don't need to be giving any advice.

Lightshade

Smash Ace
Tech chasing is looking at the other person's controller, otherwise, you're predicting which way they'll go, which last time I checked, most people do, including myself. We're not on the same page, are we?

EDIT: Crap, I just checked, I must sound really bad right now. Yea, blue death, you're right. I got it confused with a debate they had, wether looking at your opponent's controller is the same as tech chasing-it wasn't, I apologize for th inconvienience, but you still have yet to respond to my other reply.

Link226

Smash Ace
No, that means I don't look at my opponent's controller, that's like looking on your opponent's screen in an FPS, there's no fun if you have to cheat, geez. But that still doesn't change my post, it was really directed at you, and I like the fact that you can judge people based on how you look at their controller, you must be real good. Why don't you try asking a professonal about tech chasing, like Ken maybe, see what he says. I bet he does that a lot in tournaments.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You know your post before this one, where u said u dont tech chase, automatically i was like ok hes a confused noob. But this....this is something i have never heard of before. Your not a confused noob your a noobcake, those ignorant noobs that think they know everything. Tech chasing has nothing to do with looking at someones controller, you have to GUESS where they go. :laugh:

Lightshade

Smash Ace
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

You know your post before this one, where u said i dont tech chase, automatically i was like ok hes a confused noob. But this....this is something i have never heard of before. Your not a confused noob your a noobcake, those ignorant noobs that think they know everything. Tech chasing has nothing to do with looking at someones controller, you have to GUESS where they go. :laugh:

Yes, because you're the perfect example of an expert, that's right, you never make mistakes, you don't debate, you also have to the right to tell users to stop posting, wow, I should worship you.

EDIT: Bluedeath, I meant my other post, whatever. I don't experiment with Ganon's moves, I just know from playing with them, it doesn't seem like a good move is all.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
You shouldn't talk about things you don't know then lightshade..you already hurt your creditable due to your misplaced knowledge about tech-chasing, something very basic.

Lightshade

Smash Ace
Right, because as soon as someone makes a simply mistake and conused a debate with a move, everyone attacks you, sorry guys I messed up, I forgot that everyone here is an expert at these things and they know everything and never make mistakes. Sorry.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Noone's saying that *******, everyone corrected your mistake, and then told you to stop posting cause you tried correcting someone that knows more then you again, and then got sarcastic with the people that we're trying to correct you.

Again, just stop posting, it will be safer

Lightshade

Smash Ace
Whatever, I corrected myself already, didn't you read my edit? I looked it up, I was caught in a debate before when someone said tech chasing was cheap, and so on and so forth, if I wanted correction, I would've asked for it.

Link226

Smash Ace
Yes, because you're the perfect example of an expert, that's right, you never make mistakes, you don't debate, you also have to the right to tell users to stop posting, wow, I should worship you.

EDIT: Bluedeath, I meant my other post, whatever. I don't experiment with Ganon's moves, I just know from playing with them, it doesn't seem like a good move is all.
So is saying Ganons Down-B is better to do in the air a mistake as well? If not im sorry. I was thinking you was a noob because of the following...

#1 U said Ganons Down-B is betta to use in the air because it spikes

#2 U dont tech chase

#3 U said ganons side-b doesnt throw u in the air

#4 U believe im an expert

But no you make mistakes you said (even tho we all do) so that must mean you didnt mean any of this right?

Lightshade

Smash Ace
Do you know what sarcasm is? Because most of the things you said I stated was merely sarcasm.

*Skaes head* Down B in the air is a good attack, when spiking someone. That's what I meant. I never said on the ground. The blue death said it was good for tech chasing, and I questioned him on a wrong fact, I understand this. But there was no reason for everyone to irrationally jump on me. Calm down guys.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
Right, because as soon as someone makes a simply mistake and conused a debate with a move, everyone attacks you, sorry guys I messed up, I forgot that everyone here is an expert at these things and they know everything and never make mistakes. Sorry.
Dude, take advice from me:
Alot of people on these forums love to attack people and try and act like they know everything and they are experts!
If you make mistakes, people WILL flame you, so just be careful....

Redragon

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
come on guys! Peace!!!
Lets get back on topic or this thread should just be closed...

Redragon

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Kevin, thanks

And yeah lightshade, you've made yourself look stupid yet you make remarks like "I've been here longer than you" for no reason...yeah..

And you say you don't play ganon much yet you're giving advice on him.

hmm...bad idea.

Lightshade

Smash Ace
Kevin, thanks

And yeah lightshade, you've made yourself look stupid yet you make remarks like "I've been here longer than you" for no reason...yeah..
I meant that towards him saying people will flame you if you make a stupid remark, I've known that forever, I was just pissed that I made such a small mistake.

And you say you don't play ganon much yet you're giving advice on him.
If I wanted your opinion I would've asked for it, besides, I said I didn't play him MUCH, I still play him none the less. I mean, you all look semi-retarted for trying to correct something that's already been corrected, am I right?

Anyway, my main point (what I was getting to) was that Ganon's special's aren't that great overall, and that the topic starter was looking for ways to use the volcano kick/warlock punch, which there really isn't.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Lightshade said:
If I wanted your opinion I would've asked for it, besides, I said I didn't play him MUCH, I still play him none the less. I mean, you all look semi-retarted for trying to correct something that's already been corrected, am I right?
Ok two things wrong with that, by posting in a public forum you have automatically opened yourself up to everyones opinion that has ever joined here, so you saying that makes you seem like a whiny forum noob.

And noone is still correcting you, you got jumped on by three people because you posted something ********, tough **** it happens on forums, your just getting overly defensive instead of saying i made a mistake my bad, which you did in your edit, but then continued to defend your self, hypocrisy isn't a good thing.

Lightshade said:
Anyway, my main point (what I was getting to) was that Ganon's special's aren't that great overall, and that the topic starter was looking for ways to use the volcano kick/warlock punch, which there really isn't.
Yep, on topic we finished the discussion, the only times you can use these moves are on shield breaks or missed rests, and to answer your other rhetorical question, yes these do sometimes happen in matches, once you go out to a tourney you'll find that out yourself.

Lightshade

Smash Ace
*Sigh* Yes, I made a mistake, I know that, but there still was no reason for people to jump on me and call me a n00b right away, I got flustered, is all. I just wanted to stop fighting and whatnot.

Yep, on topic we finished the discussion, the only times you can use these moves are on shield breaks or missed rests, and to answer your other rhetorical question, yes these do sometimes happen in matches, once you go out to a tourney you'll find that out yourself.
Oh by the way, (Just neded to say this), if a shiled gets broken by gannondorf one way or another, someone screwed up, heavily.

Lightshade out.

-I meant no real harm, just a healthy debate and questioning was all.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Then don't throw random things like "I've been here longer than you" out.

I'm usually quite nice..as my sig suggestions but I really dislike when people keep on about something. I stated how his b moves have uses and you kept asking me to reply further. And by the way, If a shield breaks period, someone screwed up but against ganon, he breaks sheilds easier than most characters.

Just please, don't try to provide too much specific insight without the experience is all I ask.

Lightshade

Smash Ace
Yes, I understand, I'm sorry for any inconvience I caused anyone, I was flustered about something before-I know it's no excuse, it isn't, and I'm truly sorry.

Lightshade out for real this time.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I agree magus!

some of ganon's moves aren't that great but still usable in some shape or fashion..unlike fox's forward air..there was a thread on its uses and no one really had any idea lol.

RPK

Smash Lord
It just feels wierd for me using ganon's over-b at times. I cant argue though that its a great move, but after using only aerial attacks for so long...It feels wierd incorperating the b moves into my arsenal

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
I don't use it alot in a match but to mix things up, I throw it in..same with the down-b. Its hard to add into your game if you've not been doing it for a long time but its a part of his ground game thats needed. Most ganons neglect their ground game and purely stick to the air but its good to mix up approaches.

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
The down B imo is a great move overall.
I mean you cant spam it but if you use it right, you wont get punished and it has good speed and power.
Not a spamable move, but still overall a great move!

Redragon

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
a lawl moment.

Funny moment in smash. I down-bed at a peach tha was landing from a combo, anyway she standing teched and d-smashed..it caught ganon and spin him around while he was still in the kick animation and when he d-smash ended, (80% damage later for me) my down-b still came out and hit her, sending her flying.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Yeah, I happened to be recording at the moment of this...(sarcasm)

And no, no pictures but its bound to have happened to someone else as much as people go ganon against peach.

LoOshKiN

Smash Journeyman
I've managed to make down b a bread and butter move for me. It IS used to mix things up, and i find find it best to use after an opponent rolls away from a short hopped fair or after I have f-tilted them at low to mid percentages. It covers a long enough distance to give them a sweet boot to the face.

Top Bottom