• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon, in Smash Riot [now a PC-game!]: What ought I do?

Sorry the last thread died, guys! My life's been kinda crazy: I'm 1,000 miles from home; I'm banned from an entire town; I have little more than two pencils, to my name; and I'm wearing a dress, instead of the pants a man looking like a lumberjack such as myself is ought to wear, more often than not.

:chuckle: Anyway!

I'm making a homebrew Smash-game: it used to be for the DS; but I switched to PC (written in Python, for portability and easy hacking), when I ran into a bigger hurdle than I cared to tackle.

Before I write down what I remember of the old thread, I wanna see what you recall! Feel free to make new suggestions, too!

Here's what I remember:

• Warlock Punch is as fast as Melee's Falcon Punch, and has wind and spews darkness-flames.
  • Darkness-flames has the effect of slowing down "burnt" players.
  • The opening-lag of Gerudo Dragon is reduced.
  • Ganondorf has super-armor when walking and standing.
  • Upper-special is changed to flight.
  • Up-tilt is changed to a Rest-like move.
  • Forward-Smash is changed to old up-tilt: it starts at its old strength, and charges from there.
  • Backward-aerial is a reversal of neutral-aerial, with both kicks having the power of the first, and neutral-aerial is changed to the burst of the spin-taunt.
  • Forward-aerial spikes.
  • Speed of run and while airborne will be raised.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
Here's what I remember:

• Warlock Punch is as fast as Melee's Falcon Punch, and has wind and spews darkness-flames.
  • Darkness-flames has the effect of slowing down "burnt" players.
  • The opening-lag of Gerudo Dragon is reduced.
  • Ganondorf has super-armor when walking and standing.
  • Upper-special is changed to flight.
  • Up-tilt is changed to a Rest-like move.
  • Forward-Smash is changed to old up-tilt: it starts at its old strength, and charges from there.
  • Backward-aerial is a reversal of neutral-aerial, and neutral-aerial is changed to the burst of the spin-taunt.
Bolded has problems.

• Super armor while walking and standing is too broken
  • Up Tilt is fine as is
  • The Sparta Kick is sex. Don't get rid of it
  • His aerials are fine as is

• Super armor while walking and standing is too broken
:p Yeah; 'cause Ganny's already banned in Italy: we don't need to make him any stronger, right?

• Up Tilt is fine as is
That's where you're wrong: having the axe-kick with no excruciating lag (as a new fsmash) is much better than the old utilt. Having a Rest would greatly help against quicker characters, too.

• The Sparta Kick is sex. Don't get rid of it
:laugh: You're crazy, and prone to knee-jerk reactions. Think about what you've written.

• His aerials are fine as is
I disagree: there's room for improvement.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
A Projectile, and a multihit jab or Ftilt.

His projectile works like ROB's Laser(auto charged) but it has almost NO knockback, but instead it gives huge amounts of damage.. Fully charged = 35% Damage.
(Similar to Salty Kracka's idea, I believe)

¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤¤

:colorful: And Ganon's special ability:
Consuming aura
When Ganon has a specific % of damage, his opponent(s) take x% damage per second, when they're close to Ganon. (effect area is like 1/3 of FD)

50%+ = 1% damage per second.
100%+ = 2% damage per second.
150%+ = 4% damage per second.

Aha! Consuming Aura sounds like a great idea!

I can't abide by the projectile-thing, though: as I recall, I even talked Kracka down from that. The only move I'm replacing is the down-B, if that: does my decision bother you? There are some speed-increases also planned, for Ganondorf, so losing the Wizard's Foot may not be a horrible occurance.

B!squick

Smash Master
What about the game balance?
Will it be worse than Brawl?
Dude, think about it, if EVERYONE is broken than it is balanced. :D Of course, proper testing and whatnot will have to be done to ensure that everyone IS broken and that some aren't more broken than everyone else, but yeah. It would be balanced of course.

Also, great to see you back Al, I was getting worried. As you can probably see, there's a special forum now for what you're working on. The Smash Workshop board. That should make things easier. :)

ZenJestr

Smash Lord
NNID
ZenJestr
3DS FC
4897-6268-7794
why not give Ganon's current moveset to Black Shadow from F-Zero and give the Dark Lord his own moveset......???

B!squick

Smash Master
why not give Ganon's current moveset to Black Shadow from F-Zero and give the Dark Lord his own moveset......???
He's mentioned before that he already has new chars in the works and was concerned with space and whatnot... but that was when it was a DS game...

If anything, I think he should make a topic where people vote on who they want. Or perhaps just adopt the winner of this: Make Your Move 4

You know Guile's Flash Kick, at the least? In the Marvel-cross-over games; Guile's Flash Kick had a projectile that travelled up- and forward: I want Ganondorf's uair to do the same thing, with darkness. The darkness-flames wouldn't travel incredibly far, but I'm sure that they'd be useful.

B!squick

Smash Master
That sounds pretty cool. I'd still need to see it though. :/

Oh yeah, weren't you going to have Ganon use his sword too or something?

Cutty-Duddy

I've cut out the sword and the projectile, o'er my time away: in their place, I have the following proposition. What if Ganon's down-B was a vortex, like the old utilt? The force could be extremely long-range and powerful; to counteract projectile-users, with no awkward long-range attack shoe-horned onto Ganondorf.

At 1:55, you'll see an MvC2-Guile Flash Kick: click

B!squick

Smash Master
Sorry, I didn't know you posted on this again. The highlight for new posts doesn't always work sometimes. :/

Anyway, this sounds pretty crazy and complicated now. Prehaps if you make up a move list that's comparable to the current Ganon as well as other aspects to see what all you have in mind, that would probably help me see what you see, dude.

Oh! There's really not much going on, with Riot-Ganon.

1. His aerials are slightly modified.
  2. Utilt's been changed to a smash, so as to be faster.
  3. Instead of going to an opponent, with Wizard's Foot or a projectile; Ganondorf just pulls his opponents to him, with a vortex!
  4. Darkness and Consuming Aura boost G-Man's close-range game considerably.
  5. The Falcon-based 3rd-jump up-B is replaced with Peach-like flight.
  6. Warlock Punch has been sped up and expanded, to actually be practical; while the Dragon's been sped up, to just be mean.

:chuckle: Just six changes, not including armor. It seems like alot; but the list is just strengthening, not really making a new character. (I'll grant you that flying and pulling may be farfetched, but only if you agree that they're still cool ideas.)

salaboB

Smash Champion
Ganondorf should have a projectile - a glowing yellow-green ball that flies fast and seeks the opponent, but if they hit it becomes their projectile and homes back at Ganondorf. Then he has to hit it or dodge it and the process continues!

Top Bottom