• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon in Brawl+

a male platypus

Smash Apprentice
He's amazing literally. Like nothing you could ever find in regular Brawl. How many Ganon's here have been playing Brawl+ and tried him out?

I swear they made the Dair even better and Uair is AMAZINGGGGG... he combo's like a god and just seems to flow through some pretty cool combos. For anyone here who hasn't tried Brawl+ I'll try to put the link here when I get home.

@HomE

Smash Ace
Did you not see the other Thread RIGHT on the front page maybe 8 threads down...
WITH THE EXACT SAME TITLE....

This is ridiculous.....

I mean C'mon...really..

a male platypus

Smash Apprentice
my bad no I didn't :( I was in school and was getting hassled by the teacher so I posted as quick as possible. Calm down

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
The problem I have with Ganon and Falcon in brawl+ is no one seems to thunderstorm. It's all this short hop fast fall crap. If it's faster, okay, use it, but it seems like most of the people playin brawl+ these days are ignoring the metagames from regular brawl of the characters that they're playing.

Which is strange, because it has been stated that a major focus of the brawl+ project is to preserve each characters' metagame, while adding depth to the balance as a whole.

Making one of the most important technical abilities ganon has (apparently. No one uses it, wtf) in regular brawl absolete is sort of contradicting that statement, Imo.

Reppin' the brawl+ tho.

:034:

Smash Hero
Well, with the whole buffer thing, thunderstorming is harder to do. And besides, to get deeper into the B+ metagame is to delve yourself into it. THEN you can combine it with the old vB metagame to get really good at the game.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
I see. yeah, it might just be because thunderstorming is so hard that they're like screw it.

Weren't they going to fix that though?! SHANUS!!! save me from my misinformation D:

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Friends -- I've done a lot of work on Ganon's Jab and Fair recently, so if you haven't tried him in 4.0 yet, check him out.

And yes, thunderstorming is still very applicable in many situations, it's just harder. I try to use it every now and then. If it helps, you can raise your individual buffer to make it similar to vBrawl easiness. This may be what shanus was referring to.

shanus

Smash Hero
IN Beta 4.0, you set your handicap value / 10 to set your own player customized buffer window (caps out at 10). So ganon mains can have an easier time thunderstorming whereas falcon mains can keep their buffer at around 1.

Oh yeah, and ganon is ****.

MoblinMan

Smash Apprentice
alright sounds awesome guys. Thanks for all the info.

I think I can thunderstorm in place consistently, it's just getting the full DI out of it before it finishes is showing to be the hard part. I think I'll just bear down and learn it rather than change my settings. If I ever go to a Plus tourney it'll be a crutch that will fall out from under me.

Ganon is ****, tho.

Top Bottom