• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganon Friend Finder, Post-Match Analysis, and Epic Videos !!! READ OP FIRST

Status
Not open for further replies.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Ugh, hold up DAD, GB match I didnt know about >>

EDIT: Hey, what's that ganondorf chatroom by the way?
First page of this thread has a link at the bottom.

I'm heading to bed in a minute though. I took a sleeping pill like an hour and a half ago. I'm f*cking dazed. LOL.

GGs Swoops.

GGs Salty. Love that FAir edgeguard you were rocking me with.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
First page of this thread has a link at the bottom.

I'm heading to bed in a minute though. I took a sleeping pill like an hour and a half ago. I'm f*cking dazed. LOL.

GGs Swoops.

GGs Salty. Love that FAir edgeguard you were rocking me with.
Yeah, good games. That one 0-death combo just gave me a jolt of pleasure.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Yeah, good games. That one 0-death combo just gave me a jolt of pleasure.
LOL. Did you get a replay?

Salty, I'm continually impressed with your Ganon. I mean, our connection does lag like all hell, but I think I figured out what I like about your play style. It's patient, but only to the point of necessity. That is, you'll wait, and wait, and wait knowing exactly what you're looking to happen, and as soon as that starts to happen, you go. It's classy work, really. Does your playstyle change much when you're online, or is this generally just the way you do things?

(This post is in the spirit of getting this thread back on track with post-match-up analysis and all that.)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Signature move(s):
1. Tipman on aerial opponent -> turn around-Wizkick
2. Flipman -> Gerudo

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
LOL. Did you get a replay?

Salty, I'm continually impressed with your Ganon. I mean, our connection does lag like all hell, but I think I figured out what I like about your play style. It's patient, but only to the point of necessity. That is, you'll wait, and wait, and wait knowing exactly what you're looking to happen, and as soon as that starts to happen, you go. It's classy work, really. Does your playstyle change much when you're online, or is this generally just the way you do things?

(This post is in the spirit of getting this thread back on track with post-match-up analysis and all that.)
Nope, that was one I didn't.

Thanks for all the praise, though I don't really deserve it. Truth be told, I'm rather impatient, so if my enemy is going to camp, then I try to learn the rhythm(sp?) of their camping so I can interrupt it, like I did by fairing and dairing your ledgecamping. I also have to admit that I haven't had an offline Brawl in FOREV-****ING-ER. Thus, my playstyle is determined by how I play online, and it doesn't change much offline, except for the fact that I tend to dsmash less and uair more (because, y'know, lag screws with jump canceling).

You yourself are a much better technical Ganon than I am, since you can camp on both the stage and the ledge, spotdodge and airdodge right though everything I try to do, and punish it by stomping me.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Nope, that was one I didn't.

Thanks for all the praise, though I don't really deserve it. Truth be told, I'm rather impatient, so if my enemy is going to camp, then I try to learn the rhythm(sp?) of their camping so I can interrupt it, like I did by fairing and dairing your ledgecamping. I also have to admit that I haven't had an offline Brawl in FOREV-****ING-ER. Thus, my playstyle is determined by how I play online, and it doesn't change much offline, except for the fact that I tend to dsmash less and uair more (because, y'know, lag screws with jump canceling).

You yourself are a much better technical Ganon than I am, since you can camp on both the stage and the ledge, spotdodge and airdodge right though everything I try to do, and punish it by stomping me.
I almost assumed as much. You know d*mn well how to play wifi Ganon. I think in general, you beat me slightly more often than I beat you online almost every time we go against each other, and it pains me that you don't have many outlets to play offline, because I think you could do so well. You weren't listed as the "up and coming ganon" on my new years resolution list for nothing.

Make the effort to get to a tournament...preferably one where you will get to play a LOT of friendlies. The first tournament I went to (melee dayz, boyo) I basically had my a$$ handed to me twice, double eliminated, and I walked home. Since then, not only have I gotten a lot better, but I've taken advantage of friendlies at tournaments as much as I can. For instance, if I go to one of BUM's Bronx weeklies, I probably get in 10x as many friendlies as I do tourny matches, and it's almost always against really good players.

SaltyKracka

Smash Lord
I almost assumed as much. You know d*mn well how to play wifi Ganon. I think in general, you beat me slightly more often than I beat you online almost every time we go against each other, and it pains me that you don't have many outlets to play offline, because I think you could do so well. You weren't listed as the "up and coming ganon" on my new years resolution list for nothing.

Make the effort to get to a tournament...preferably one where you will get to play a LOT of friendlies. The first tournament I went to (melee dayz, boyo) I basically had my a$$ handed to me twice, double eliminated, and I walked home. Since then, not only have I gotten a lot better, but I've taken advantage of friendlies at tournaments as much as I can. For instance, if I go to one of BUM's Bronx weeklies, I probably get in 10x as many friendlies as I do tourny matches, and it's almost always against really good players.
Well, I tend to keep track of my kills to see just how well I did in an online set, and last night ended with me at 30 kills. I think that means I lost about 5 matches to you, out of maybe 13-14. All I know is that we played for an hour. Thanks for all the praise though.

As for tournaments, I'm going to try to make it to Genesis, and I'll start looking up Brawl tourneys in the SD area just as soon as I get mah driver's liscense.

BTW, 'twas my 18th birthday yesterday.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
Well, I tend to keep track of my kills to see just how well I did in an online set, and last night ended with me at 30 kills. I think that means I lost about 5 matches to you, out of maybe 13-14. All I know is that we played for an hour. Thanks for all the praise though.

BTW, 'twas my 18th birthday yesterday.
Clonazepam sleeping pill johns. JK, you had me beat fair and square.

Happy belated, youngster. Go get yourself effed up.

Super_Smasher6

Smash Cadet
SWF Handle: S-Smasher
Brawl Name: S_Sma
Brawl Friend Code: 1075-5621-5698
LAN Adapter: no
Color: Brown

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
Thanks for the dittos, Squirrely. I now know I need to learn moar techs. :ohwell:

I won like...10 dittos out of 50. :)

Kholdy

Smash Cadet
S_Sma, we should play sometime. Both from Belgium and all, should be fairly lagless.

hyperstation

Smash Lord
UPDATE:

You guys can start posting "signature" moves. I'm going to be a tyrant here and decide whether or not these moves are indeed your signature moves. I know for a fact that Finns gets WK -> UAir, Kosk's signature move is just called "You Just Got Koskinated", and Swoop's would have to be "Coked out Ganon Aerials -> Buffered ANYTHING" or something along these lines.

(Kosk and Swoops, feel free to change those suggestions. :lick:)

Submit honestly. I'm not gonna credit just any old sh*t.

Also, start recording SETS, meaning a predefined best of x games. There's no reason to not get your sh*t uploaded now that FD's set up a Ganon channel. Again, only post GOOD ditto vids/sets here, because I'm the DECIDER! I figure it's about time I start making good on my claim in the thread title that says "EPIC VIDEOS".

qerkdtx

Smash Journeyman
hmm my move combo would be gerudo> gerudo (gua) > gerudo (rb) > gerudo (rf) > fsmash. Its godly.

I'll call it get wrecked cuz thats wat i say when I hit it.

EDIT: Like the sig and avatar DAD

Divilenta

Smash Journeyman
I'm the worst of the three. :O

Seriously...Squirrely pwns me. At least I won a couple. :D Really, really fun dittos.

Oh, and no signature moves for me, though I am now a Red Ganon. :)

Squirrely

Smash Journeyman
I don't do signature moves. They highlight my predictability and nothing I do is inescapable.
Very fun games, Divilenta and AfroThunder; you guys are being way too modest; you're both very good.
Blue ganon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom