• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GannonBanned: critique my G-dorf

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
Dude chill out. I was going to give you some advice at some point but I haven't got around to it quite yet. Not to mention the first time you posted these you specifically asked ppl to not give you matchup advice, just tips on movement "and stuff" (most ppl will offer matchup advice so you probably caused half of the viewers to say screw it lol). The Ganon boards are usually pretty pro for advice on vids and answering questions. You gotta give it more than a day or 2 sometimes.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
I will try to only give movement advice. I'm not very good, though.

From the first match:

You stand too close to the edge when edge guarding. Needs more Bair imo. Don't edge guard with UTilt, lol. Its not reliable at all.

Second match:

You also seem to be standing still a lot. Every time someone approached, you would try to do a move (Ftilt, Jab). They can just run to you, WD back, run forward Grab -> Combo. Like at 1:50 of the second video. Pikachu just failed to get in, I don't know why. You don't FF your SH Dairs? You should.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
yeah these dudes will help no doubt. i posted my piece in the linguini thread. i'm kind of new, but i've caught on to a lot of stuff really fast thanks to these guys.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I watched the first and second match. You need to spend less time watching and more time reacting. You were standing in one spot WAY too much, making yourself predictable. It also gave your opponent time to plan their approach. You've got potential, just work on that.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
1st match- I Didn't see one grab. Grabs are key for pika since Ganon has a dthrow chaingrab that inescapable up to 37%. Also try to fully space your aerials (using only the tip of Ganon's fist) for optimum priority and preventing your opponent from getting inside. And like RIP said, don't get too close to the edge when applying edge pressure, and I'd recommend having your back to the ledge so you can bair (massive priority, range, and long lasting hitbox) or reverse uair (covers a broad range of pika's recovery options, including sweetspots, and semi-spikes).

2nd match- Ease up on the smash attacks unless you know they'll hit, and drop utilt altogether. Utilt is really only applicable for edgeguarding other Ganons, Falcons, sometimes Sheik, and a few others if you're really good at timing it. Be careful going offstage to edgeguard, you could wind up getting gimped or edgehogged. Unless you absolutely know you're going to connect (like if your opponents options are limited), it's better to stay on stage and tilt or aerial (keep in mind reverse uair hits sweetspotters and bair just *****). If pika is relatively far from the stage, you can hang on the ledge and force him to land with his up-b landing lag. From there you can ledgehop/ledgedash + grab, or aerial if they're on a platform.

You played a little better in the 3rd and 4th matches. Remember to DI away from pika at low% so you won't get combo'd as much.

RestInPeace

Smash Ace
lol the first advice Ace gave was matchup advice. :D That's nice information. I don't know any Pikachu mains, so I don't know anything on that matchup. I would just spam Bair like he's Marth. Good idea?

Top Bottom