• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Games you love. The parts of them you loathe

GreenKirby

Smash Master
NNID
NoName9999
So what are events/moments/mechanics that you completely despise despite being part of a game you absolutely loved?

For me, in Skies of Arcadia, to get to Ixa'taka, you have to go through a strong headwind to get there. It's very tedious and the constant enemies ambushing you get annoying.

The second annoying part is the entirely of the Yafutoma temple. Not only does it have annoying water puzzles, its boss can make itself invincible AND can restore all of its HP.

So what are your hair pulling examples from games that make you swoon?

Minato

穏やかじゃない
Easiest one for me to think right off the bat is Wind Waker. It's a great game that had to have fetch quests due to being rushed.

Sure the Wii U version makes it easier, but the pacing problem just gets really bad there.

Ussi

Smash Legend
3DS FC
4613-6716-2183
When certain items are difficult/time consuming to get to craft the best armor.

Specifically Rune Factory 4, having to grow all 4 types of giant crystal flowers for specific magic resist. For the absolute best armor have to get max level flowers as well for level bonus of materials used to upgrade the armor.

Last edited:

Rutger

Smash Master
3DS FC
1676-3683-2689
I really like Metroid Prime 2, but it's a shame the dark world is always the same purple place for the whole game.
Ammo was also pointless.

sakuraZaKi

The Ultimate Sore Loser ♡
I'm filling in for my mom at the inn we run~
NNID
taeZaKi
3DS FC
3754-7545-6675
Star Ocean 3 comes into mind. It was THE game that defined my love for the PS2 with Soul Calibur III and the .hack series behind it.

Great soundtrack, great battle system, not bad voice acting. Even the story wasn't that bad, imo...

... Until the plot twist.

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Super Metroid: Maridia ****ing sucks.

Demon's Souls: Stonefang Tunnel pales in comparison to every other area in the game. It is so boring.

Skyward Sword: Every time Fi stops the game to say something and the absurd amount of cutscenes were quite annoying.

The Last of Us: The big and scary fat-ass zombies that take ages to die and can easily kill Joel if the player isn't careful enough.

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate: Farming. Love beating dem giant monster, but farming killed my interest in the game after 100+ hours.

BoomToon

Smash Apprentice
The Last of Us: The big and scary fat-*** zombies that take ages to die and can easily kill Joel if the player isn't careful enough.
This is easily mine. Last of Us is one of my absolute favorite games but my god were those big zombies a pain in the ass. They were hard enough on their own let alone also having a horde of clickers around too. Just took way to long to kill.

PillsBuryDopeBoy

Führer President King DopeLord The VI
3DS FC
3325-3900-7222
I think that's why I loved the last of us, because of the fact that it takes forever to kill the bloaters and other infected while they could one shot u.
I have to say that while I love, love, love, love, LOVE the windwaker,it does have pacing problems.

finalark

SNORLAX
So what are events/moments/mechanics that you completely despise despite being part of a game you absolutely loved?

For me, in Skies of Arcadia, to get to Ixa'taka, you have to go through a strong headwind to get there. It's very tedious and the constant enemies ambushing you get annoying.

The second annoying part is the entirely of the Yafutoma temple. Not only does it have annoying water puzzles, its boss can make itself invincible AND can restore all of its HP.

So what are your hair pulling examples from games that make you swoon?
Speaking of Skies "BEST GODDAMN GAME ON THE DREAMCAST" Arcadia,I never really cared much for the ship battles. I know that a lot of people loved those, but for me I always found them kind of annoying.

For me, I never look forward to Mad Space or Meteor Herd whenever I do a play though of Sonic Adventure 2.

Jam Stunna

Writer of Fortune
BRoomer
3DS FC
0447-6552-1484
The rocket barrel stages in Donkey Kong Country Returns. I refuse to replay that game because of them.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
As much as I love Super Mario 64 DS. I hate most of the 100 coin missions. Especially Rainbow Ride.

Last edited:
Top Bottom