• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Games N Go Presents Combo Breaker 4/2-4/3 Minnesota *POT BONUS FOR MELEE/BRAWL*

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Games N Go Presents Combo Breaker April 2nd - April 3rd Mounds View, Minnesota

TOURNAMENT OFFICIAL WEBSITE: http://gngchampionships.com/

http://www.gamesngoonline.com/information.php?info_id=1

GNGC presents Combo Breaker

Combo Breaker is the largest and first 2-day, video game tournament event presented by Games N Go Championships in Minnesota. Sponsored by Games N Go and Focus Fire, Combo Breaker is an event backed by companies that are known for their focus on tournament variety, event quality, and immediate cash payouts. This event will be featuring a live stream produced by Focus Fire.

Tournament dates and location

April 2nd and April 3rd at the Mermaid Event Center in Minnesota. Mermaid Event Center Info!

The Atlantis Ballroom @ Mermaid Event Center
2200 Highway 10 (right off of 35W)
Mounds View, MN, 55112

The Mermaid Event Center also features an attached AmericInn with discounted room rates for tournament attendees, a full restaurant and bar (open during and after tournament hours), a bowling alley, pool hall and pinball gallery, and a nearby movie theater.

Cost
$5.00 venue fee per day for players, free for spectators.

Official Tournaments
Marvel vs. Capcom 3
Super Street Fighter IV
Super Street Fighter IV Teams
Call of Duty: Black Ops 4v4 (MLG rules)
Halo: Reach 4v4 (MLG rules)
Super Smash Brothers, Brawl & Melee

All Fighters, except the Smash titles*, will be run on PS3 / Asus "Evo" monitor setups.
All FPS titles will be run on Xbox 360 / Asus "Evo" monitor setups.
*Smash titles will be run on Wiis on CRT televisions

All Turbo, input programmable, and otherwise hacked controllers are banned from tournament play. Dual-modded fight-sticks or controllers where turbo functionality can be turned off (and verified to be off by a Tournament referee) are acceptable.

Additional community run side tournaments found in FAQ section below.

Tournament Sponsors
Games N Go
Focus Fire
Tint Pros
Twin City Comics
Yet Another Gaming Show
The Hadou

Additional sponsors TBA.

!!!!!!!Melee Pot Bonus: $100; Brawl Pot Bonus: $100!!!!!!!
!!Along with Games N Go store credit bonuses as well!!
!!!Andd if we get 60+ attendance, we will be seeing more where that came from!!!

Combo Breaker FAQ

What is it?
Combo Breaker is a LAN tournament gaming event with huge cash prizes and lots of FREE Giveaways.
When is this happening?
Saturday April 2nd and Sunday April 3rd, 11am- 1am

How Can I Register?
Tournament registration is being handled the morning of each tournament day at the event, or until Friday, April 1st at any of Games N Go's retail locations. If you choose to sign-up the morning of your tournament you will need to arrive before 12 Noon. Tournament day registration is cash only.
Games N Go Rosedale 651-636-6099
Games N Go Brooklyn Park 763-416-3263
Games N Go Maplewood 651-779-2368
Where is this located?
The Atlantis Ballroom is located at the Mermaid Event Center in Mounds View, Minnesota. The Ballroom itself is located directly beneath the Mermaid's restaurant and bar (both open during the tournament) and is accessible from the East and West building entrances. The Ballroom will be setup to create an environment of nonstop tournament gaming. We will be running events all day and all night for our competitive tournaments, with areas for casual play also available throughout the day. Bus routes do offer stops at the venue.
Mermaid Event Center
2200 Highway 10
Mounds View, MN 55112-4996
(763) 784-7350

What is the Cost?
Combo Breaker will have a venue fee of $5.00 per day. A paid venue fee makes you eligible to compete in official Combo Breaker tournaments, qualifies you for the event's giveaways and prizes, and enables you to utilize the event setups for casual gaming when available. Without a paid venue fee you will not be able enter in any official tournaments or qualify for any giveaways or prizes.

Can I save on my venue fee?
You can save on your venue fee by brining a full setup for the games you want to play. If you bring a full set up that we can use for a tournament and that attendees can play casuals on your venue fee will be waived.
A full set includes ALL of the following:
• TV (tournament quality, 20" or higher CRT or known to be "lagless" LCD TV)
• System (PS3, Xbox 360, or Wii)
• Games (At least one tournament title must be brought)
• All characters MUST be unlocked for any tournament titles

Cash Payout structure for all tournament games
1st - 55%
2nd - 25%
3rd - 10%
4th - 5%
5th - 2.5% (each)
Games N Go store credit bonuses will be awarded to 6th, 7th, and 8th depending on number of tournament entrants.
along with our $100+ pot bonus!!! more will come if we get huge attendance too!:)

What games will be played at Championships?
Official Tournaments
Marvel Vs Capcom 3 $10
Super Street Fighter 4 $10
Call of Duty Black Ops 4v4 $40
Halo Reach 4v4 $40
Super Smash Bros Brawl singles $10
Super Smash Bros Brawl Doubles $20
Super Smash Bros Melee singles $10
Super Smash Bros Melee Doubles $20

Community Sponsored Side Tournaments
All community sponsored side tournaments are subject to venue entry fees. Community sponsored tournaments are run by local gaming figure-heads and are not sanctioned by Combo Breaker. Side Tournament registration, start times, rules, and entry fees will be handled by appointed judges at the Side Tournaments table. GNGC Combo Breaker and Games N Go will not personally be running these Community Sponsored Side Tournaments. Judges TBA.

SNK

* King of Fighters 98: $5
* King of Fighters 2K2: Unlimited Match - $5
* King of Fighters XI - $5
* King of Fighters XII $ 5
* Garou: Mark Of The Wolves - $5
* Samurai Showdown 2 -$5

Capcom
* Tatsunoko Vs Capcom: $5
* Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo HD Remix $5
* Street Fighter 3: 3rd strike - $5
*Capcom vs SNK 2 $5
* Super Puzzle Fighter HD Remix - $5

Various

* Guilty Gear XX: Accent Core - $5
* Melty Blood: Actress Again – $5
* Tekken 6 - $5 ESOM
* Blaz Blue Continuum Shift $5

Shooters
Gear 2 $5
Gears 2 Doubles $5

Link to Schedule!!!

FluxWolf

Smash Lord
Everyone NEEDS to make a trip up to mn for this tournament or you should prolly quitlyfe!!! start hyping this **** get everyone to come!!!

great venue and time frame no? not to mention the sponsorships holy cowwwws!

GamesNGOGene

Smash Cadet
So much Hype!!

http://www.gamesngoonline.com/information.php?info_id=1

More sponsors on the way! I had a good meeting with some businesses yesterday. If anyone has some contacts for me to reach out to email me at gamesngoadmin@gmail.com

For sure they are having the focus fire team come in and do a live stream at the event. This will be a lot of fun for sure. The event will be a 2 day event because of the sponsors which means more times for casuals money matches and side events!! Hope everyone can make it out. Flux will have the schedule up within a week or two.

GamesNGOGene

Smash Cadet
O so there is no confusion this event will be running in place of GNGC 3. Combo Breaker is part of the GNGC circuit and is still a GNGC promoted event though.

Thanks for the interest.

GamesNGOGene

Smash Cadet
Good Stuff Hype!! This will be a lot of fun. Lots of Friendlies and 1k money matches between Flux Wolf and Deepak!! Chexr vs Max 2k money matches!! No lies.

Sin242

Smash Cadet
This is awesome gene, I'll be there to win TvC again :)

And to get ***** by nappy again -_-

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Oh yeah, cause you know SRT was announced way before this even popped up when I said I was going to that.

But, since you want to cry. Yeah I'll come, better yet, when I get back, I'll make sure to give you guys the flyers that I was forming out for this tourney, Raging Storm, and whatever else you want me to do.

But wait there's more, why I don't bring all of the tvs and set ups, with me that I usually WHEN I do go to a tourney, also help out with the tourney.

But heeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy, there weren't tourneys going on for awhile during the weekend, when I couldn't work?

Oh hey look, an OOS tourney is happening, why don't I go out there to get some practice in until Ocho and the others are ready to host another monthly.

Hey I go look for a venue, I get turned down at the ones I searched out, and didn't receive any call backs from the other ones? Oh darn, guess I'm not helping out enough

Next time shut your god damn mouth. I'm a busy person, and I do what I can.

napZzz

Smash Hero
Oh yeah, cause you know SRT was announced way before this even popped up when I said I was going to that.

But, since you want to cry. Yeah I'll come, better yet, when I get back, I'll make sure to give you guys the flyers that I was forming out for this tourney, Raging Storm, and whatever else you want me to do.

But wait there's more, why I don't bring all of the tvs and set ups, with me that I usually WHEN I do go to a tourney, also help out with the tourney.

But heeeeeyyyyyyyyyyy, there weren't tourneys going on for awhile during the weekend, when I couldn't work?

Oh hey look, an OOS tourney is happening, why don't I go out there to get some practice in until Ocho and the others are ready to host another monthly.

Hey I go look for a venue, I get turned down at the ones I searched out, and didn't receive any call backs from the other ones? Oh darn, guess I'm not helping out enough

MurdaMoe

Smash Ace

Monthly next week, hope to see you there.

TheOgbot

Smash Journeyman
I'll go.

So Gene I take it you'll have special TVs for the PS3s then since you're doing it all "ASUS Evo" watchamacallit? If you're providing TVs, I can bring a PS3 with MvC3/SSFIV/BB:CS/Tekken 6. If you're not, I'll see if I can rummage around for one, but I won't bring a setup if I can't find a TV haha

Wake

Smash Master
Is that sad face because I'm the awesomest Peach player ever? Or because MacD can't come??? Well, Raging Storm is the summer... can he come to that?

Maxwell Too Swell

Smash Apprentice
I talked to MacD, guys. He said he most likely can't come to this due to school, job, and money johns. He said he can for sure come to MN for about a week in the summer. So let's hope he can make it to Raging Storm! Sorry if I got anyone's hopes up. I'll keep the community updated as it gets closer to both events. Flux, if you can try to see if you can also help influence out of state players to come to either event, and I will keep trying as well. :)

Wake

Smash Master
haha I thought MacD coming was a joke... I mean, why would he come all the way out here for a MN tournament? Doesn't he live in California?

Top Bottom