• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamepro's Good, Bad, Ugly of Brawl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Serebii

Serebii Owner
NNID
SerebiiJoe
Parents today are garbage, I was lucky to have very good ones but most parents are so selfish and egotistical it is not funny. Most of it is that generation that grew up in 60s and 70s that care about nothing but money and themselves. Hopefully, things will get better when that generation dies off.
A lot of people nowadays are not cut out to be parents. They are chavs, they fail to use protection, they get pregnant, they decide to keep it, the child is mentally ****ed for life

Arteen

Smash Lord
GameFAQs also said Ocarina of Time was best game ever right?

Better than <insert game here>....
That's not unreasonable at all. OoT was a great game, and I found it more fun that any of those games you listed (that I played). It's an opinion.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
A lot of people nowadays are not cut out to be parents.
Haha, yeah, I'd say most aren't.
They are chavs, they fail to use protection, they get pregnant, they decide to keep it, the child is mentally ****ed for life
In the US, a large reason why the teen pregnancy rate is so high is because of theological bull****. Apparently the government is supporting programs that teaches teens that condoms aren't safe and break all the time, teaches that sex is inherently evil unless you are married, and then procedes to tell you that abortion is wrong. So yeah, it's like our government wants to create ****ty parents. I wouldn't be so up in arms about it if they offered safe sex programs as well, that way there is a little bit of truth out there, but the fact that ignorance and STD paranoia is being taught instead is very infuriating.

volbound1700

Smash Master
That's not unreasonable at all. OoT was a great game, and I found it more fun that any of those games you listed (that I played). It's an opinion.
Not arguing it is a great game but it was revolutionary nor did it sell as well as other games. It was the start of the modern LoZ era though and TP and WW are just follow ups of what Ocarina did.

However, when you look at the dominance of early games and also the PC games you have to see that other good games where out there.

Doom for example really start the FPS (Wolfenstein predated it but wasn't as popular or as big a hit) and Halo and all those games can trace back to what Doom started.

Mario Brothers 3 was by far the best platform game created of the Mario series.

Civilization II and Sim City started a new strategy and rpg that had never seen before. Before these games rpg was simple go on quests/fantasy games. They birth a whole other category that eventually led to the Sims.

Age of Empires - although Warcraft is the parent of RTS, Age of Empires really popularized it, and if you haven't played this series (or Warcraft/Starcraft as well) you are missing out.

Pacman and Pong also deserve a worthy mention. I played Ocarina and have it on Virtual Console and think it is a great game, but not the best all-time. The N64 didn't even do that well, so it shows that at the time the games for N64 lagged behind Playstation.

volbound1700

Smash Master
Haha, yeah, I'd say most aren't.
In the US, a large reason why the teen pregnancy rate is so high is because of theological bull****. Apparently the government is supporting programs that teaches teens that condoms aren't safe and break all the time, teaches that sex is inherently evil unless you are married, and then procedes to tell you that abortion is wrong. So yeah, it's like our government wants to create ****ty parents. I wouldn't be so up in arms about it if they offered safe sex programs as well, that way there is a little bit of truth out there, but the fact that ignorance and STD paranoia is being taught instead is very infuriating.
Agreed... however, there are still good people out there. I just figure, find a girl that is a good girl and not one of these sluts. That way at least you can raise a family.

BTW sorry to turn the direction of the thread away from the topic.

MookieRah

Kinda Sorta OK at Smash
Mario Brothers 3 was by far the best platform game created of the Mario series.
Honestly I prefered Super Mario World. Also, Mario 64 was just as, if not more revolutionary, than Mario 3.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
"Big website doesn't like Brawl"

Not wanting to sound mean, but who cares? We know Brawl's going to be awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom