• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamepad Tournament Results *UPDATED* 5/9/09

SOVAman

Smash Hero
Cool, or if you want to just send it to my wii.
do you have ocarina codes?

cuz if not it won't work. When you watch the match it will look fine then everyone will start SDing

so if you do have ocarina then I will send it but if not then I will upload it.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Who's wii was on station #3? I saved a match vs HMS using snake.....I really want that if you can be so kind :)
shoulda been mine

i'll check in a bit

Edit: lil_b might have it, but my wii was on the very small tv (my tv), i thought that was 3

MattyP

Smash Apprentice
Disappointed.

ChuDat: Didn't get to talk much, but congratz man. I'll head to up practice one day.
G-Regulate: Glad you liked the venue. ECRC #5! Good Jiggs man, close MM.
Pyronic~Star: Finally met you. nice placing!
Lobos: Thanks for the practice and the advice! Your combos are legit!
TajHMS:Out of retirement! Good to have ya back.
Lil B: Good stuff against my crew.
JJvirus: Your ROB is a force to be reckoned with.
Tantalus: I shouldn't have chased on that last stock...
Lykeios: your wolf is good, man!
Mattix: What happun? You should be top 5.
Kojin: Don't stress it man.
Snarf: Keep it up man.
Oh.: Your yoshi has a lot of potential.
YOHO: Come by for more practice! It takes time to get over that hump.

We're looking for GamePad's next tourney. I hope to see everyone come back, and bring a friend with you! We want this place to burst at the seams with Smashers.

YoohooDude

Smash Rookie
I do need to make more of an effort to come by a little more often. Playing CPU and my brother (who mains Snake) can only get me so far. I'd say Sunday, Monday, Friday, and Saturday would be my best bets. I need to get the number of possible mains to play at two or three at best.

o_Pulse_o

Smash Apprentice
Just talk to bolt about smashfests, thats your best bet, along with playing these guys on wifi. Even though it lags, it still helps a bunch.

MattyP

Smash Apprentice
I work at GamePad, and I can tell you we have every intention of having another Tournament in the future. We have not sat down and focused on the next date, however. It's likely the next will be around 1-2 months from now.

YoohooDude

Smash Rookie
That would be awesome. So far, spacing out the big tourneys seems to be pretty effective. Plus, that gives me a chance to train some more.

I hear there was an epic MvC2 tournament on the side that I missed? If that's the case, I'd be kicking myself for missing it.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Next Event?

That's right JJ and MattyP. There will be another event, just keep checking back on our Tournament thread. When the new date is set, it will be an updated 1st page and it will be listed at the top of the list on the "Tournament Listings" boards.

Just keep checking back. :)

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Nothing thats the reason XD

or the 9th for those who don't go to APEX :p...but then again theres that smokers brawl...so meh idc lol as long as I get a tourney in :)

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Hmmmm where is APEX located? I could always look at the attendence list for APEX and see how many of our area players are attending... and decide off of that.

I don't know, I have to speak with Gamepad Admin about this before I make any decisions. Someone link me to the APEX thread please.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Brawl 4 All: Round 3!!!

The Results from Brawl 4 All Round 3 is up! Check the first page for results. Videos will be up as soon as possible. I am starting the uploads today.

bertboxer

Smash Apprentice
WOOHOOOO team muppet!
sorry i couldnt stay for the singles
prom was ok but i didnt get prom king :(

next smash fest or mass exodus to a tourny, let me know
i'll have so much more time to smash this summer anyway

EDIT: on a side note, i won a Kodak M893IS camera with 8.1 mp and 3x optical zoom at afterprom
i dont really need a camera so i'll just be selling it and donating the money somewhere
most likely micah ministries in downtown fred
if anyone is interested in purchasing, hit me up

TheEffeteGentleman

Smash Rookie
A big "thank you" to Bolt for organizing a great event, and also to Gamepad management for the excellent venue.

A tip of the hat to BMX and Fuzz for humbling introductions to the world of competitive Smash.

Special thanks to Snarf for the hour or so of friendlies he gave me before the doubles brackets began.

Good games all around. I was happy to meet everyone and look forward to seeing you all again.

Congratulations also to Poyo for his clutch win in the money match against Lie -- an event that packed more drama into twenty minutes than "Degrassi Junior High" packed into 42 prime-time episodes.

Battletanx_Commander

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts! :O

Forte:
Metaknight >
Peach > Daisy. :p Good games.

BMX: Once again I lose to you. :urg: But one day I will beat you. ;) Also, the beamsword in our first match was lulzy. :upsidedown:

9: BTC (Peach, Ike) <-- I only used Ike in doubles not singles. :p

Bolt: Thanks for hosting the tournament. I had a really great time and was able to improve my game. ^.^

Fuzz: Good friendlies. ;) I suggest you work on dealing with projectiles so they aren't much of a problem.

To all others I played, good games. :)

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Videos probably won't be up till late tonight early morning.. I'm busy watching APEX. Soo many upsets, soo many good matches.

YoohooDude

Smash Rookie
Good games all around. The day was insane, so I was lucky to get in for singles when I did. My only regret is that I didn't get some time in for friendlies.

I can say that I'm finally starting to get over the plateau I was stuck on for the past several months, and I'm hoping that it only gets better from here. Lucas was an unexpected success, so I might continue as long as I can adjust for his shortcomings (slow recovery, Up B, etc.). Although the competition wasn't as large as the previous two due to APEX and all, there were some epic matches (money in particular). This tourney was probably my favorite of the three.

Shoutouts:
Oh - one of the better Yoshi players I've seen in a while!
Carter - timing was great between switching to offense and defense with Wolf.
Fuzz - I can definitely see an improvement in your gameplay with TL man, and I hoped you've noticed it too. Keep moving forward!
Bolt - didn't get to see you play this time around
Bert - congrats with homecoming court! I heard Team Muppet kicked butt. Too bad I missed it this time around. Here's hoping I can get some more friendlies with you in the near future.

o_Pulse_o

Smash Apprentice
I Definitely had an off day yesterday. I gotta step up next tourney.
SHOUT OUTS!!!!!!

Bolt - Great to hear that I'm improving, and I felt like we are becoming good friends. Also, we had a good MM

Oh. - Nice Yoshi, good to play with you man.

Lykieos - SP? Lol, awesome playing with you too man.

Coney - Good to meet you man!

Poyo - OMFG GOOD **** $40 in your pocket!

Lil B - Awesome job on second place, Hooodbridge is taking over D:

BMX - Thanks for the tips and such, awesome second place.

Taj - It was good to actually get to know you, your an awesome smasher and a great dude. Team sometime?

Bert - Nice too see Im not the only Stafford brawler. I hope we both made GPE.

Me - 3rd in the SF4 tourney, cash money whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

JJ - Come to the next tourney :p

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
bolt could you add i used D3, wario, rob pl0x?
Yep sure can.

Also everyone, the videos will take a VERY long time to upload since I have 40 + videos to re-record onto Dazzle. :\ ..and to top it all off, I left my power cable at Gamepad. :dizzy:

bertboxer

Smash Apprentice
Yep sure can.

Also everyone, the videos will take a VERY long time to upload since I have 40 + videos to re-record onto Dazzle. :\ ..and to top it all off, I left my power cable at Gamepad. :dizzy:
/vaderscream

ugh, can you at least make the poyo mm first on the list
after that awesomeness with the apex stream, i need something to close the night with brawlwise

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Ima try Pulse :) Bolt new event ASAP d00!!!

good stuff guys ^_^ still pissed I had to waste my day and miss this =/ I actually think I coulda made 2nd XD who knows :p

Top Bottom