• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamepad Tournament Results *UPDATED* 5/9/09

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Hahahah why does everyone think the PS3 Drawings were rigged!?

Did anyone watch how the owner was doing it with the 1 million sided Dice? Spffff.... don't be mad cause I'm pro at winning Ps3's.. I almost gave birth when he said my account number.. lol. Sooo stoked.

Lol'z to all.

Shoutout's coming later, I need sleep for another Tournament tomorrow. Halo wars! XD Goodnight and good games.

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
Aqua Team Hunger Force VS Gamepad Elite

Entrants:

Tantalus (Metaknight), Bonk (Ice Climbers), EEvisu (Dedede), Lil'B (Yoshi)
Mattix (Marth), Bolt (Metaknight), Oh (Yoshi), Kojin (Sonic)

Stats: Tantalus (-1), Bonk (-1), EEvisu (+1), Lil'B (+3)
Mattix (+1), Bolt (0), Oh (-1), Kojin (-2)

17: Kojin- Keep reppin sonic, you got 17th mostly using MK and not sonic. Sonic isn't that bad of a character, Malcolm and ShadoFiend have beaten pros with Sonic, just need to play smarter! Any smash game can be won on mind games alone. Sonic is just harder to do it with!
wow. my crew clearly lost the battle because of me.

I'm not Malcolm, and I'm not Shadofiend. I'm probably never going to make it any farther with Sonic, so I'm giviing it up for someone else. I got 17th with mostly meta, and I just picked him up. the last gamepad tourney, i got 17th as Sonic, the character I've been playing since the freaking game came out! So I see no reason to play him seriously anymore. he's a bad character dude, you give him a shot for a month and see for yourself.

Good job lilB at finally learning the Sonic matchup. i knew it was a matter of time before you crush me with dat yoshi of yours. and I see you beat lobos too. some idiot shouted "he ain't no shadofiend" during the match btw, very clever indeed. where is this hate coming from?

kojin... if you are goign to play brawl competitively... stay calm, frustration leads to avoidable losses... weather your MK or sonic... just keep at it

ALL TOP mk USERS... TEACH ME THE EFFING MATCH UP pwease... mainly nadeo :/
I wasn't mad at all this tourney, which is new. I was just tired of the constant disappointment. I probably was the most calm I've ever been at a tourney, even though I played like garbage the past two weeks (no johns) I'll teach you the meta matchup if you teach me how to play brawl, deal? lol.

@thunderhorse: Sonic dittos are fun with you. I'd stay wit falco though. it got much gayer today, which technically means it got much better. such is brawl. good luck next time.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
Hi, I'm Korn and my opinion changes every moment. I need some balls, really.

Thanks for the post that had nothing to do with this thread at all, Korn!

Fail subtle brawl flames are fail.

<3 no homo

I need to fall asleep. Once again, I had fun.

SOVAman

Smash Hero
good stuff everyone that crew battle was crazy

SHOUTOUTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ATHF: good stuff we **** in crews :D

ChuDat: Good stuff in singles we didn't get the rematch but maybe next time!

Forte: your funny xD

G-Regulate: close match ggs

Lobos: good match that was a close match but you still placed better then me.....I will upload the vids of the match when oath sends them to me.

BMX: god **** in double we still need to step it up

EE: good stuff in crews 4 stocks!

TajHMS: 9th good stuff we need to step it up though

JJ: ggs

BOLT: great tourney ran very efficient too.........and the TVs don't lag no more!!

Oath: send me those files when you get a chance. too bad we didn't play I might be coming down for that meta practice though.

Tantalus: Pick a main already!!!!!!!! also good stuff in crews

THP: yoshi beats Falco???????

Mattix: ggs and amazing marth keep it up. Also sorry for all that **** talk in crews I do what I got to do

Bonk: your climbers are getting there nice job for first time using ALL ICs

K-9: good stuff in doubles

Kojin: I finally learned the match-up good stuff. But its crews so no hard feelings if people **** talk

Pulse: you got your account up good **** also nice talking to you. Hope you can keep coming out!

EDIT: Bolt here are the characters if you want to update that

1: ChuDat (kirby)
2: Forte (meta knight)
3: G-Regulate (Snake)
4: Pyronic~Star (Olimar)
5: Lobos (toon link)
5: BMX (Wario)
7: EE (D3)
7: Fresh (meta knight)
9: 22 (snake)
9: TajHMS (D3 and snake)
9: Lil B (YOSHI!)
9: JJvirus (ROB)

B0NK

Smash Lord
My shoutouts:

ChuDat - good close games, next time my grabs will be KOs, please don't ban infinites at your tournies

BMX - good **** taking out that random metaknight

EE - great job in crews

TajHMS - Nice placing, keep it up

Lil B - Nice placing WITH YOSHI

BOLT - before I forget to tell you, DON'T UPDATE YOUR WII now, if a new game ask you too just use a loader like geckoOS or Backup Channel

Oath - Always nice hanging out with ya, thx for helping me with that last step of the twilight hack

Tantalus - Me and you need to step it up and I agree with my brother, pick a main

Mattix - good games and a really nice marth

Bonk - I need to step it up and work on some matchups

K-9 - don't quit, maybe take a break

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Forte only enters singles when NJ isn't around or it's not a big tourny!

Coward!

See me on the battlefield once more! I'm 1-2 with you and I must even the score!

bertboxer

Smash Apprentice
aww man this looked awesome
sorry i couldnt come guys
im def making room on my schedule for the next one

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I'm kind of angry that no one gave Atomsk a ride to this. I mean, he was told he was getting a ride and then was cancelled on, the last second. That was guaranteed money for him. He still has next weekend to make money, but come on guys stick to your word. He pretended to be cool with it but I know he really wasn't.(He's in MD BTW, if your wondering why I care that he didn't make it lol.)

Atomsk, if you need a ride to a tourney next weekend and have no reliable ride, my bro and I will see what we can do.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
Hi, I'm Korn and my opinion changes every moment. I need some balls, really.

Thanks for the post that had nothing to do with this thread at all, Korn!

Fail subtle brawl flames are fail.

<3 no homo

I need to fall asleep. Once again, I had fun.
who cares, people talk about random stuff all the time..

and you need to step it up already... D: bleh

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I'm kind of angry that no one gave Atomsk a ride to this. I mean, he was told he was getting a ride and then was cancelled on, the last second. That was guaranteed money for him. He still has next weekend to make money, but come on guys stick to your word. He pretended to be cool with it but I know he really wasn't.(He's in MD BTW, if your wondering why I care that he didn't make it lol.)

Atomsk, if you need a ride to a tourney next weekend and have no reliable ride, my bro and I will see what we can do.
In all fairness Calvin, Turbo was the only ride, and turbo was in South Carolina all week, then had to go to NJ right after getting back from SC to pick up Atomsk, then drive back, then drive to gamepad, then drive back again.

There was more to the story than meets the eye. I don't know all the details myself. Basically, don't be mad about something you don't know all the details about. But feel free to offer rides and such, as that is a nice thing to do.

I couldn't give him a ride because i went down on friday night instead of saturday morning.

forute

Smash Ace
Forte only enters singles when NJ isn't around or it's not a big tourny!

Coward!

See me on the battlefield once more! I'm 1-2 with you and I must even the score!
lol it's 'cause singles are boring!
But I'll enter more 'cause hova was like "enter singles" and omni said to step it up

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Yeah, Meep convinced everyone to stay at DK's and Turbo's. We were having a lot of fun and kinda' just came to the conclusion it would be more fun to stay at the pad and play there then go all the way to the tournament and all the way back.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Man... I wish I was just got there like 30 minutes sooner. ~john~

Oh well, to everyone I played GG's if you want to play me again, PICK MY CARLESS *** UP!

Much love, Tristan_Win.

TwentyTwo

Smash Ace
1: ChuDat (Kirby) - We got a match off you and P~S! And then we proceeded to get *****. lol.
2: Forte (Metaknight) - GJ ****** me in singles and doubles.
3: G-Regulate (Snake) - GJ ****** us in doubles.
4: Pyronic~Star (Olimar) - lol.
5: Lobos (Toon Link) - didn't play
5: BMX (Wario) - Fun team matches
7: EE (King Dedede, Marth) - I'm sure you want to rematch that money match don't you? I think it would be fun.
7: Fresh (Metaknight) - Didn't play
9: 22 (Snake) - Meh.
9: TajHMS (Marth, King Dedede) - Didn't play
9: Lil B (Yoshi) - Fun Team matches
9: JJvirus (R.O.B) - Didn't play
13: BOLT (Diddy Kong, Metaknight) - Close matches man, keep the frustration away, and you'll do a lot better.
13: Oath (R.O.B) - If you or Forte wants to PM me an address and a day or something I'll be sure to come down to smash at woodbridge, and I'll bring some people too ^^.
13: Tantalus (??) - Didn't play but thanks for the compliments
13: TH (??) - Your falco is GAY! but in the good way, good matches ^^ gotta pay attention to those mines :p
17: Lykeios (Wolf) -First time I've ever fought a wolf, good matches.
17: Abyss (Marth, Diddy Kong) - Didn't play
17: Mattix (Marth) - Good marth, thanks for playing some team friendlies with me and Amon .
17: #Udwn (King Dedede) - Didn't play
17: Bonk (Ice Climbers) - Didn't play
17: BTC (??) - Fun team friendlies early on, cool peach.
17: K-9 (Wolf, Pikachu) - Didn't play
17: Kojin (Sonic, Metaknight) - I've never played a sonic, but as far as I'm concerned, I was pretty impressed in out friendlies
25: Snarf - Didn't play
25: CoCo - Didn't play
25: Fuzz - Didn't play
25: Bidoof - It's your turn to drive next time
25: Oh. - Cool team matches, really nice yoshi
25: OPB - Didn't play
25: Pulse - Didn't play
25: Valor - Didn't play
33: Rob - Didn't play
33: D-Thunder - Didn't play
33: DSLAY - Work on those things I told you about your Ike and you'll get better
33: YOHO - Didn't play.

And MattyP, thanks for saving my ***, seriously, awesomely nice dude.

Fun tourney overall, well ran and all.

Kenrawr

Smash Master
JJvirus, Nice ROB. GG's

BMX, your Wario is getting a lot better. wtf @ stealing gummy bears T_T!

Oath/HMS, <3

Tant, Super Pika to the rescue!

LilB, Yoshi T~T;

Pulse, Keep going to tourneys

Bonk, Yeah I'm going to take a break

Forte, Get your singles game back!

Korn, I soft forfeited singles

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
Gimr.. when u asked atomsk if he was told that he was guaranteed a ride to the toruny... dind't he say "idk, i just know that i'm staying here for the next 8 days" which is not "yes, they said i was going for sure"

and he wasn't going to win for sure..... he's not M2K

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Bolt's Shoutouts!

• ChuDat - Stop winning. lol.
  • G-Regulate - Don't drop Jiggs!!!
  • Pyronic~Star - Sick Olimar, glad to have finally met the man behind the boards.
  • Lobos - Finally met the Toon Link himself. Happy you made it man, come out next time!
  • BMX - Always fun having you around, thanks for the tips.
  • EE - Nasty D3 man, crucial crew battle.
  • 22 - Your Snake is good man, keep it up. Sorry I blew up at the last second.. not used to losing to Snakes. I definitely underestimated you. :p
  • Lil B - Lil B for President!!
  • JJvirus - I'm still shocked you beat me. Diddy failed me this tournament. :(
  • Bolt - Man your too goodz. :D
  • Oath - Don't think I even played you this tournament.. that's strange. :\
  • Tantalus - Glad you came, had an incredible crew battle. Hope to have more in the future.
  • Lykeios - I was watching your friendlies with K-9, you were doing good.. keep it up!
  • Abyss - Good games man, that Marth is getting better, I'm impressed. Be more patient and play less aggressive.
  • Mattix - Gotta get that Tournament mentality up man, your good and you know it.
  • Bonk - Thanks for the mods man, really appreciate it. Good Crew battles too. IC's are Legit!
  • Kojin - Rough day man, brush it off. Excellent coaching during crew battles. Your not bad and you know it you just need to better your mental game and not get frustrated.. haha coming from me.. I know.
  • Snarf - Use R.O.B, I'm telling you.. that's your character man.
  • Fuzz - "That ain't Falco!?" Your 2nd round with Tant was EPIC!
  • Oh. - Good job in Crew battles, Lil B was on top of his game, hopefully you can apply what you saw in your fight with him to some of your strategies.
  • Pulse - Keep working on your Marth, I saw improvement but you need to be more patient and less aggressive. Marth is a wait and Punish type of character. Look into it.

Gimr.. when u asked atomsk if he was told that he was guaranteed a ride to the toruny... dind't he say "idk, i just know that i'm staying here for the next 8 days" which is not "yes, they said i was going for sure"

Roflcopter GG 0wn3d. :)

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
1: ChuDat (Kirby) - Good job winning singles and doubles. Cool guy as ever. So close to actually playing a match together too :p.
4: Pyronic~Star (Olimar) - I think I remember you...an Olimar with flying pikmin everywhere. lol, Nice on placing 4th in singles and 1st in teams with Chu. 2rape.
5: BMX (Wario) - Fun games, you ***** in our matches. Look forward to chilling and playing against you.
9: 22 (Snake) - Wow, good **** on making it to 9th. Color me impressed. Look forward to a rematch where I'm smart enough to remember that RC isn't always bad for Snake XD.
9: Lil B (Yoshi) - Good friendlies and alot of fun facing something other than MK MK MK Snake. Keep on at it.
9: JJvirus (R.O.B) - Wish we had finished our match :(. Pulse spoke very highly of you, so I eagerly anticipate a rematch.
13: Tantalus (whatever you happened to play yesterday lol) - Chill as always. Good talking to you again. Seems like we always place near one another. We gotta step it up.
13: TH (Falco) - Beautiful *******. Stop being so gay.
17: K-9 (Wolf, Pikachu) - I have (almost) learned the Falco ditto matchup! Now I think you can just use Pika to beat Falco though. Good stuff in friendlies.
17: Kojin (Sonic, Metaknight) - Sorry I gayed you like that in tourney. You're an awesome player though so don't beat yourself up over it. Fun Sonic dittos, maybe one day I'll be able to play the blue blur like you :(.
25: Pulse - Awesome meeting you. You're pretty tight. Just keep at it, the more tourneys you go to, the better you'll get. I guarantee that.
25: Valor - Very impressive MK. All our matches were really close. You knew what you were doing.

Overall a very fun tournament like the last one. I really enjoy the atmosphere and space of the venue, as well as how the tournament was run. I'd definitely come back for any future events you guys are holding.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
Sure thing TH ^_^ your Falco was pretty sick for that half a game we got to play XD

Bolt, why didn't you go Mk? you prolly coulda won lol....

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
17: Kojin (Sonic, Metaknight) - Sorry I gayed you like that in tourney. You're an awesome player though so don't beat yourself up over it. Fun Sonic dittos, maybe one day I'll be able to play the blue blur like you :(.

Overall a very fun tournament like the last one. I really enjoy the atmosphere and space of the venue, as well as how the tournament was run. I'd definitely come back for any future events you guys are holding.
there is no need to be sorry. first of all i tried to counter you with meta. second of all, isn't falco supposed to laser camp if he's not in close range? third, our sonic dittos towards the end was the only time i played sonic like i know i can; the past two weeks have been gay to me otherwise. but if you want to ensure victory against my sonic, just do what you did every time we play in tourneys.

the tournament was ran well again. i wouldn't be suprised if more people showed up for the next one.

edit: bolt, next time just go all meta, or work on just diddy for a while. you may have gotten a higher rank if u did.

YoohooDude

Smash Rookie
Yoho, all you have to do is practice, if you cant find anyone to play, start off by playing alot of lvl 9s, and teach yourself some new techs such as shield grabbing and stuff, it helped me a bunch :D
For me, this tourney was another chance to get some experience. Playing a variety of people is key, and I got to play a quite a few. What I was feeling an hour or two after everything was a twinge of disappointment, but I get over it pretty quick. It's only more incentive to get even better in the next tournament.

And yeah, I'm definitely working on some new techs with the characters I'm currently playing. Thanks for the tips, btw.

BMX

Smash Lord
I want 1st the next TOURNEYS! lol

K-9 I devoured them that night lol.

I had fun guys. Come to more tourneys!

At Bolt: You need to be more consistent with your Diddy. If you plan to use Meta, then stay Meta. If you want diddy, use him. I believe if someone sticks with a character, they will advance in tourneys. Look at me, PS, and Chu. We all use a character that we mastered. MAIN DIDDY! I bet if you played him more, youll get really good! You are already, just go further with his training.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
In all fairness Calvin, Turbo was the only ride, and turbo was in South Carolina all week, then had to go to NJ right after getting back from SC to pick up Atomsk, then drive back, then drive to gamepad, then drive back again.

There was more to the story than meets the eye. I don't know all the details myself. Basically, don't be mad about something you don't know all the details about. But feel free to offer rides and such, as that is a nice thing to do.

I couldn't give him a ride because i went down on friday night instead of saturday morning.
From what I recall, when I got there on friday Atomsk had a ride to the tourney. By the end of the night almost everyone decided they weren't going. I don't know who was gonna give him the ride so I'm not gonna name any names, and even if I did know who it was I wouldn't name names anyways because I have nothing against any of those guys personally because they're so awesome.

My main point is though, I don't need to know the whole story. The fact is(from what I recall) if Atomsk was told he had a ride to gamepad, that's all I need to know because he obviously didn't get that ride. Now I will admit I could be totally wrong about my first point. In that case I have no reason to be mad in the first place lol.

I said he had guaranteed money, there's a big difference.

Oh and the instance your talking about was after everyone decided to stay so he wasn't sure by that time if he had a ride.

I'm done with this though, what's done is done. I'm sick right now and don't have the energy for this. I will admit that I might've jumped to the wrong conclusion.

Peace Out guys

DtJ Glyphmoney

Summoned from a trading card
BRoomer
NNID
Tip_Tappers
3DS FC
1032-1228-5523
**** I wish I had made it to this.

Lobos

Smash Master
Who's wii was on station #3? I saved a match vs HMS using snake.....I really want that if you can be so kind :)

Valour

Smash Rookie
TH: Great Falco, you did a good job. Of all the people at that tournament I wanted to fight you the most, I’m glad I lost to you.

Yoho: Good games, I had fun fighting you!

To everyone else I fought: Good games!

I'm very pleased with how I placed in this tournament. I learned a lot from it, thanks everyone for making it an enjoyable experience.

o_Pulse_o

Smash Apprentice
Thanks to all the folks who gave me some feedback on my playing in the tournament. Also, bolt, send me a message if you decide to have any smashfests in the future. If anyone wants to hit me up on wifi send me a message :D

Top Bottom