• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

GameFAQs Ganondorf Guide

EvilKingAdvent

Smash Rookie
So like, I asked people on GameFAQs how to write a good Ganondorf guide without highly technical information, which ultimately resulted in them trying to make me think that Ganondorf sucks. I've heard that the Smash Boards willingly takes in a user of any character, including Ganondorf, so I'll ask the same question I did on GameFAQs.

I want to write an FAQ for him, but I might have to include junk I usually overlook like character matchups. If it comes to writing that kind of information, I want to know how to write about it but include as minimal info on it as possible.

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Well in my considered opinion, if you really want to make a difference in the Smash community, you should ditch GameFAQs and start learning from us Smashboards Ganons. Chances are, if this is your first time at smashboards, you still have a lot to learn. GameFAQs guides are VERY bare-bones, and they're usually written by people who have never even been to a tournament or anything.

Take a look at Swoops' Ganon guide on this forum. I doubt that the guides at GameFAQs even cover half of the stuff he talks about. And our guide is aimed towards beginners.

Also, the GameFAQs folks were right about saying Ganon sucks. It's generally agreed that he's the worst character in the game (I disagree, but I still think he's probably bottom 5 at least). I'm not sure why this fact would keep you from writing a guide though, since people obviously have interest in him. Don't kid yourself into trying to convince people that Ganon is a "good but underrated" character though.

Oh and if you choose to stay... welcome to the Ganon boards. Better get used to the pessimism :p

Kishin

Smash Ace
You're better off asking in the brawl online board for that kind of stuff. Although, we don't have very many superb Ganons there either so smashboards is definitely the right place to ask.

Kishin

Smash Ace
Stroums one, I don't think Nasti has been playing as of late, I haven't seen you around in a while, I've heard Swift was good but he's not too into playing competitive.

Top Bottom