• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gamecube controller analog cap replacement

Kempatsu

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kempatsu
3DS FC
2251-4505-3091
I only ask because more than 1 person I've spoken to has said the sticks are off and can only be replaced with Wavebird sticks. Supposedly, there's a slight variation in dimensions and the stick won't move properly.

Last edited:

LilPoncle115

Smash Apprentice
Don't have the blacks available, but I can hook you up with some gold sticks. I made another thread about this topic, so we don't have to spend as much discussion threads pondering solutions..

Again, everyone go to my store and buy some sticks! http://gcsgamingcustoms.storenvy.com
Ummm Wavebirds use the exact same stick as normal controllers, so yes.

Also, I got my stick in from GCS Gaming Customs! (Ages ago, I almost never check my mail)
It looks, and more importantly feels, literally EXACTLY like a true gamecube thumbstick. Their claims that they ship first party sticks are definitely legit.

Thanks GCS, Now I can stop buying new controllers every month.
This is actually really good to see. I recently bought a replacement analog stick on eBay and as soon as I got it, I immediately regretted it. It doesn't have the feel that the original control stick has and, more importantly, it feels like my finger will slip off of it at any given point.
I think I'll give your site a shot, GCS, and see how it works. Based on what Legion said, I think I'm in for a good experience.
If anyone is curious, I'll post the results when it arrives and after I install it.

EDIT
For a First Party Control Stick and a Tri Wing screwdriver, it came up to about $16 with shipping. It sounds a little pricey at first but based on what Legion said, it's worth it.

Last edited:

Nicholas Parham

Smash Rookie
I just found this thread and it appears to be in the nick of time. I do hope that you plan to re-open since it's summer now. Looking forward to it if you do.

Top Bottom